TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

AutoSport Racing’s D&W#10 Sunday 17th Nov. at ARC

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

AutoSport Racing’s D&W#10 Sunday 17th Nov. at ARC

Postby AutoSport » November 9th, 2013, 11:54 pm

AutoSport Racing announces the staging of our final D&W Event #10 for 2013 on Sunday 17th November at the ARC car Park.

The briefing meeting will be held as usual on Wednesday 13th November at MOSPORTT from 7:00pm.

As stated in our last release, Event #9 at the Stadium shall NOT count in our Championship series. Therefore we shall be counting 9 Events and competitors shall drop points from their two lowest scoring events.

At this point there are some competitors who can confirm their Championship Class win as a result of the lead they have over their next closest competitor. There are some who just have to earn a few points and they are good to Go straight to WIN!

And then there are some classes that are still up fro grabs.

WE shall NOT be giving out prizes won at the last Event at this briefing meeting as is customary.

Prizes for Event 9, and those for this coming Event 10, shall be handed out at our End-of-Year Championship Awards function, which is now being confirmed to be held on Sunday 15th December at MOSPORTT. More information will be given at the briefing meeting on Wednesday night.

Alain_2NR
Sweet on this forum

Re: AutoSport Racing’s D&W#10 Sunday 17th Nov. at ARC

Postby Alain_2NR » November 10th, 2013, 4:24 pm

Looking forward to this one..!

racegear
Riding on 13's

Postby racegear » November 11th, 2013, 12:13 pm

Looking forward for the last event... Sure it will have some nice battles... "ALL OUT"

What are the plans for the new year classifications???

matthew2730mvp
3NE 2NR for life

Postby matthew2730mvp » November 11th, 2013, 6:06 pm

All Roads Lead to ARC on Sun please God, Rain doesn't Stop D&W :)

Midnight_Demon
punchin NOS

Postby Midnight_Demon » November 11th, 2013, 7:10 pm

we up in that for sure! rain/sun/snow it eh matter we there! i promise to behave like a human this time.

competitor list ready yet? :stalk:

ok ok ah sorrry lol :drinking:

ng357
3NE 2NR for life

Postby ng357 » November 11th, 2013, 8:32 pm

looking for some grudge runs at the end :D

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » November 11th, 2013, 9:40 pm

Midnight_Demon wrote:we up in that for sure! rain/sun/snow it eh matter we there! i promise to behave like a human this time.

And yuh misbehaving already!

speedaholic
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedaholic » November 13th, 2013, 1:04 am

^^^ behave?? who he?? that word does not exist in his dictionary...! hmph!
will be there with both cameras in hand! :D

vandoor_07
Riding on 13's

Postby vandoor_07 » November 13th, 2013, 2:38 am

Nice post !

Midnight_Demon
punchin NOS

Postby Midnight_Demon » November 13th, 2013, 4:47 pm

AutoSport wrote:
Midnight_Demon wrote:we up in that for sure! rain/sun/snow it eh matter we there! i promise to behave like a human this time.

And yuh misbehaving already!

Sorry boss!

Razkal
2NRholic

Postby Razkal » November 13th, 2013, 5:41 pm

Briefing meeting later people, see you guys there.

dubcity
Street 2NR

Postby dubcity » November 13th, 2013, 6:10 pm

Is there any decision on what the classification will be for next year's competition.
Remember i heard something about running times......or something like that?

d_sunnyboi
Sweet on this forum

Postby d_sunnyboi » November 13th, 2013, 11:17 pm

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Razkal
2NRholic

Postby Razkal » November 14th, 2013, 8:52 am

i don't understand the knotted knickers over this classification thing. power-weight and mod points is clearly superior and more just than engine size and tyres as criteria.

power-to-weight classing takes the guess work out of assuming similarly sized motors make similar power in different chassis'

i don't think real drivers will bat an eyelash at being re-classed for 2014 by these means. run where they put you and kick ass accordingly.

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life

Postby MICROTECH 7 » November 14th, 2013, 11:26 am

Razkal wrote:i don't understand the knotted knickers over this classification thing. power-weight and mod points is clearly superior and more just than engine size and tyres as criteria.

power-to-weight classing takes the guess work out of assuming similarly sized motors make similar power in different chassis'

i don't think real drivers will bat an eyelash at being re-classed for 2014 by these means. run where they put you and kick ass accordingly.

I was not able to make it to last night's meeting but by these comments posted it seems that the negativity for classification change is evident, with the understanding that the logistics will follow with details. I am of the firm belief that racing rules should not be bargained with the competitors, each will vote based on their own personal advantage to win without a majority level playing field considered.

Democracy with such a large group playing with rules and trying to please everyone will never work.

Chica
Street 2NR

Postby Chica » November 14th, 2013, 12:45 pm

I agree.. Will there be grudge runs?

ng357
3NE 2NR for life

Postby ng357 » November 14th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Power to weight will be hard to do with such a big group though, surely men going to drop boost to dyno lol

ng357
3NE 2NR for life

Postby ng357 » November 14th, 2013, 1:17 pm

I don't mind any classing, once it fair across the board. As it is now, if u can't come first in A class, go to B and sandbag. If its time bracket that's eliminated, it wil encourage more sandbagging but t will be an equal opportunity to sandbag. Unlike my experience where the bracket was 56 seconds and the rest of my class was doing 57 and 58s some even more.

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » November 14th, 2013, 1:20 pm

Is there gonna be a dyno day for next ur?

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » November 14th, 2013, 1:42 pm

Stick with current engine size classes and take the fastest 8.

Use the pattern 1-3, 2-4, 5-7, 6-8 to establish places as is currently done.
positions 1-3 A class winners. 5-7 B class winners. 4 and 8 get points as currentin class A & B respectively towards end of year. do they get trophies now?

since they're going as fast as they can to get in those 8 slots and 6 finishing places available you'll have no sandbagging.
Since the classes are currently run at engine size and boot factor, you don't have to worry about dyno. tires all & mods free. just racing.

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life

Postby MICROTECH 7 » November 14th, 2013, 3:37 pm

Initially, Drag & Wind was intended to support all the different forms of racing disciplines out of the proposed Arima Grand Prix. The first events were ran by times posted without any issue. As my Autosport friend indicated in one event a few 2WD drive competitors complained about running with 4WD cars. Ironically the next event was won by Mr. Flexables (Kirk) in a front wheel drive Civic which sent a line of Evos with everything HKS home never to return. There was also a time when Priest dominated 1A, posting the fastest time of the day.

This was the original intention for D&W. Today, we see the same group of drivers wining over and over again, and new competitors challenged to enter through performance intimidation, this has to change!! As one post supplied, if you can truly drive you can see the podium.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » November 14th, 2013, 4:39 pm

Based on the number of competitors to me it looks like a lot of people are happy with the classification system.

Razkal
2NRholic

Postby Razkal » November 14th, 2013, 5:27 pm

ng357 wrote:Power to weight will be hard to do with such a big group though, surely men going to drop boost to dyno lol

quite frankly, those aren't men. those are eggs with driver's licenses.

if i intend to win, i'd want to beat everyone i'm pitted against on their best day, with their best tyres and best mindset. no excuses. i'd want to be the fastest based on pure merit, not because i'm advertised at 16psi but running 26, or because i falsely advertise the times my car can run.

eggs i tell you. big. smelly. eggs.
Last edited by Razkal on November 18th, 2013, 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ng357
3NE 2NR for life

Postby ng357 » November 14th, 2013, 5:49 pm

Razkal wrote:
ng357 wrote:Power to weight will be hard to do with such a big group though, surely men going to drop boost to dyno lol

quite frankly, those aren't men. those are cats with driver's licenses.

if i intend to win, i'd want to beat everyone i'm pitted against on their best day, with their best tyres and best mindset. no excuses. i'd want to be the fastest based on pure merit, not because i'm advertised at 16psi but running 26, or because i falsely advertise the times my car can run.

cats i tell you. big. smelly. cats.

Autocross raise men, a lot of competitors here didn't experience it. Not coming down on anyone or saying the only way to be a man. But fact of the matter is that real men dot care how they win. As sad as it may sound :/

ng357
3NE 2NR for life

Postby ng357 » November 14th, 2013, 5:50 pm

wagonrunner wrote:Stick with current engine size classes and take the fastest 8.

positions 1-3 A class winners. 5-7 B class winners. 4 and 8 get points as currentin class A & B respectively towards end of year. do they get trophies now?

since they're going as fast as they can to get in those 8 slots and 6 finishing places available you'll have no sandbagging.
Since the classes are currently run at engine size and boot factor, you don't have to worry about dyno. tires all & mods free. just racing.

Sounds like something worth considering.

dubcity
Street 2NR

Postby dubcity » November 15th, 2013, 9:24 pm

MICROTECH 7 wrote:
Razkal wrote:i don't understand the knotted knickers over this classification thing. power-weight and mod points is clearly superior and more just than engine size and tyres as criteria.

I was not able to make it to last night's meeting but by these comments posted it seems that the negativity for classification change is evident, with the understanding that the logistics will follow with details. I am of the firm belief that racing rules should not be bargained with the competitors, each will vote based on their own personal advantage to win without a majority level playing field considered.

Democracy with such a large group playing with rules and trying to please everyone will never work.

^Do you race in Drag and Wine Sir/Ma'am?

wagonrunner wrote:Stick with current engine size classes and take the fastest 8.

^This actually has some sense to it if a decision is taken to apply changes..

pete wrote:Based on the number of competitors to me
it looks like a lot of people are happy with the classification system.

^So true..If it wasn't,why do regular and new competitors constantly come back for an "unfair chance of winning".

moti
punchin NOS

Postby moti » November 16th, 2013, 3:48 am

If you can drive then you will see the podium it has always; and will always be the actual deciding factor between winning and loosing.

Toughen up guys and polish your skills, try not to manipulate the classification system just to come out on top.

moti
punchin NOS

Postby moti » November 16th, 2013, 3:54 am

Oh BTW where's le list?

nismo_demon
3NE 2NR for life

Postby nismo_demon » November 16th, 2013, 5:38 pm

no list for this event? is saturday evening already!!

nismo_demon
3NE 2NR for life

Postby nismo_demon » November 16th, 2013, 5:50 pm

all this talk and commotion of classification for next year, quite frankly it doesn't bother me what the autosport committee use to class the cars, times or cc's. All i wanna know is, will there be any sort of rulebook with regards to next years championship year of competition? The worst this is to start of oneway and then two months down d road new rules keep poppin up.

Secondly, my only concern with this time issue is, lets say we get classed into our respective groups using the times,if i were to be placed in the 55 sec bracket in january, and by june when rain starts to fall and everyone in that same group starts running 57secs, what group would e run in? 55 or 57? and what will happen in terms of championship points?

these are the concerns that most drivers have and they are not being addressed, instead we see long lectures from people on this forum who doesnt even take part in an event, instead they keep getting info from a "friend" and post them up here!

not everyone here with a front wheel drive is priest and is able to post fastest time of the day right pally. Don't use one incident with one competitor to dictate decisions for 75 competitors please

Advertisement

Return to “AutoSport Drag & Wind”