TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

AutoSport D&W #1 Jan. 12th 2014 * Event Cancelled *

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: AutoSport D&W #1 Jan. 12th 2014 * Event Cancelled *

Postby pioneer » January 12th, 2014, 8:22 pm

X2 wrote:... what goes around comes around...

So much this.

dragon74
Riding on 13's

Postby dragon74 » January 12th, 2014, 8:26 pm

looks like every time a motor sports organisation has a big event planned, somehow the TTPS gets involved and states reasons for shutting down events.... are there listed rules and requirements that the TTPS has ? or are they just making things up as they go along ? it's a shame that in a county where the citizens are worried and under stress with the murders and crime, they cant even enjoy a little race action at an event, not to mention that their taxes are paying the ones who come and lock down the event........ PPL GETTING MAD THE YEAR....................

moti
punchin NOS

Postby moti » January 12th, 2014, 8:40 pm

Still, the question is how come it was not done before?
When said TTPS officers were hired to be present at the past events.

If things were actually illegal, then from the get go the said hired officers would have notified the event officials of the highlighted points raised today.

This whole thing reeks of sabotage and I bet the next event will go on just like the rest in the past.

Even the karts and the dexers (yes believe the dexers do it to) break the "speed limit" so why none of their events were shut down also.
Or is there some new rules for 2014 that we all are not aware of?

dante1986
Sweet on this forum

Postby dante1986 » January 12th, 2014, 8:47 pm

Since attending all those events in ARC couple years now, it was never shutdown so somebody jealous and making it bad for everyone else smh !!

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life

Postby MICROTECH 7 » January 12th, 2014, 9:09 pm

Just got back from having a few, with my good friend that inspired the genesis of this fantastic event, as he reminded me of similar details of deja vu experienced in 2010.

He requested that this message be transmitted to their undeserving competitors. - " Please do not be dismayed, the last time we experienced an event disappointment it spawned the successful Drag & Wind series, light follows darkness and rest assured that Autosport will also prevail as light in this time of motor sport darkness, along with us, keep the faith we will prevail.''

Now for the MICRO man's 2 cents for those who called the top shot today when all t's were crossed and I's were dotted, " the gloves are off along with all subtlety and passive novelties. After seeing for the second time what has affected some close to 55 drivers family, friends and supporters, this ultimately means WAR.

This time you have crossed the line !!!! More to come stay tuned ???

moti
punchin NOS

Postby moti » January 12th, 2014, 9:17 pm

MICROTECH 7 wrote:More to come stay tuned ???

You asking or telling me to stay tuned?

Either way, I will.

And yes, I can imagine ASP head would keep a positive attitude throughout this, that's the kind of man he is.

waxcmus
Street 2NR

Postby waxcmus » January 12th, 2014, 10:11 pm

Were any windscreens harmed??

locorolla
3NE 2NR for life

Postby locorolla » January 12th, 2014, 10:31 pm

Since I started competing last year, I have become addicted to D&W and would be prepared to do whatever is necessary to keep this great event alive.................

I can't stand politics, i despise hypocrites and fire bun all haters............

To the organizers of the D&W event, please let us know if there is anything that we can do or contribute towards in order to keep all detractors at bay and continue to enjoy our motorsport legally..............

P.S. I would reasonably assume that the laws that the police are quoting are written somewhere, does anyone know where these laws/stipulations can be located or referenced???????????

The laws of T & T are supposed to be public record, anyone in the legal profession can assist here???

Big up to all the organizers and supporters.........let's keep motorsport pumpin'...........

"Life without speed is a slow bore..........." me

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » January 12th, 2014, 10:46 pm

Looking at this... AutoSport D&W #1 Jan12th 2014 * Event Cancelled *

And I want all to go back to the original Arima Grand Prix of April 2011, go find that thread, and look at the sequence of Events….. when the first attempt was cancelled at the 11th hour because the Police said that “we were blocking in some residents”, and it was pointed out that where they were referring to, the apartments were UNOCCUPIED!

http://www.trinituner.com/v3/tag/arima-grand-prix/

First shameless attempt to stop us in 2011.

So we tried again in May 2011, this time they said they did not know that there was going to be Drag Racing, and they had the same file since early April. No approval granted for May 2011.

And then we tried again in June 2011, both Sheldon Bissessar and myself went to the then Senior officer in Charge of the North Eastern Division in Tunapuna, and she coolly said, take your time to read this….she cannot give permission for us to break the speed limit on the roads!

So that was the end of the AGP in 2011.

Fast forward to Nov. 2013, and up comes the AGP to be held on the 26th January 2014. And immediately the first document brandished was Police Approval for this Event. And then the request for AutoSport to run the Event, source the sponsors, use our Public Liability Insurance, etc.

I boldly stated that there is no way AutoSport will ever support or be involved in that event with the individual who boasted of stopping the AGP 2011 as one of the main organizers. And this he did back then with the full support of some officials from the governing body, and this fact was Published in Zorce and never refuted!

http://issuu.com/zorce/docs/zorce14 Page 11

And that was my big mistake, and obviously what was used against AutoSport today 12th January 2014.

No amount of spin today, can deflect to throwing the blame on Ali and others.

When I arrived at the track at 7:50 am, a Police jeep was there and they asked me certain questions about permission from ARC, Insurance, police in attendance, the expected crowd. They thanked me for the information and indicated they were just “passing through on Patrol”.

Within 30 minutes we got another call indicating that we will not be allowed to have the event since we did not get permission from the senior officer, North Eastern Division. Realizing that we could press on and have a confrontation if the Police came, we took the decision to cancel, call all of our competitors and inform them of this position. We also instructed the Tent crew to dismantle and remove the tents, and we removed the bleachers.

Shortly after 9:00am two fully loaded Police vehicles came into the compound and indicated that we had to shut down the Event. We coolly indicated that we had already done that, look around and see that the tents were being dismantled. They were taken aback by our attitude of non-confrontation. And then suggested we must come into the Senior Officers office in Tunapuna to discuss this matter.

It would be interesting to see the next move. Will Karting carded for Sunday 19th January be treated in a similar manner? Will CARS also suffer the same fate?

Will all of those who were so directly affected by this wicked move support those who we are certain were behind this “shot”?

This will have very far-reaching implications, and will prove very embarrassing for those who refuse to take action against the evil ones in our/their midst. We all look on in disgust at crimes we see on the front pages of our newspapers, headline news on radio and TV, and hear the authorities clamouring for information to solve these crimes. And see some turn a blind eye to those next to them who have shown that they have no respect for law and order. And when you have all of the information and look for every reason NOT to deal with it, then we all have to wonder what right you have being a leader in Motor Sport.

We do apologize to our competitors, our sponsors and our patrons for this unfortunate turn of events. But like in 2011, we shall be back, and even stronger.

Yes there is a God above who will deal with, not only the wicked one, but also those who do not have the guts to deal with him.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » January 12th, 2014, 10:53 pm

you have my support as usual because of the manner with which you have always treated us (drivers who wanted a fair hearing).

wagon r
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Location: ......takin it easy on the road we call "Life".....

Postby wagon r » January 13th, 2014, 12:32 am

...can't wait for rally season to begin.....would we need permission to break the speed limit on the abandoned cane field roads....????

speedaholic
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedaholic » January 13th, 2014, 3:55 am

We will see! RT right around the corner too

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life

Postby MICROTECH 7 » January 13th, 2014, 8:55 am

AutoSport wrote:Looking at this... AutoSport D&W #1 Jan12th 2014 * Event Cancelled *

I boldly stated that there is no way AutoSport will ever support or be involved in that event with the individual who boasted of stopping the AGP 2011 as one of the main organizers. And this he did back then with the full support of some officials from the governing body, and this fact was Published in Zorce and never refuted!

http://issuu.com/zorce/docs/zorce14 Page 11

And that was my big mistake, and obviously what was used against AutoSport today 12th January 2014.

No amount of spin today, can deflect to throwing the blame on Ali and others.

Will all of those who were so directly affected by this wicked move support those who we are certain were behind this “shot”?

Yes there is a God above who will deal with, not only the wicked one, but also those who do not have the guts to deal with him.

Now that the facts have be stated and details made clear about yesterday's plot by Mr. AutoSport, ask yourself this, where do I stand on the 26th January, are we going to continue to support hypocrisy and unrighteousness, or stand on the side of truth and justice.

Let it be made clear that this is not a MATT fight, or an Autosport fight, this is a T&T Motor racing issue that needs the support of all concerned.

The Governing body for Motor racing needs to understand that the drivers that were affected by yesterday's Mischief are the same stake holders they need to support their unsavory event on the 26th, no drivers NO EVENT. Let us all join and make that statement !!

ruff neck chicken
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ruff neck chicken » January 13th, 2014, 9:05 am

MICROTECH 7 wrote:Let it be made clear that this is not a MATT fight, or an Autosport fight, this is a T&T Motor racing issue that needs the support of all concerned.

The Governing body for Motor racing needs to understand that the drivers that were affected by yesterday's Mischief are the same stake holders they need to support their unsavory event on the 26th, no drivers NO EVENT. Let us all join and make that statement !!

This ^^^

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » January 13th, 2014, 9:30 am

Autosport good sir you continually show that you are a man of proper moral standing. You will always have my support.
Sad that i had already planned to attend d&w yesterday.

moti
punchin NOS

Postby moti » January 13th, 2014, 9:36 am

ruff neck chicken wrote:
MICROTECH 7 wrote:Let it be made clear that this is not a MATT fight, or an Autosport fight, this is a T&T Motor racing issue that needs the support of all concerned.

This ^^^

While there will be the ones that will stand up for what they believe in (honesty and sportsmanship).
There will be the ones who will say "You see me all I want to do is race and I don't care about the politics".
These are the ones that still have the ALI camp alive even though they not directly supporting them.

As I said before, lets wait and see what happens on the 19th etc.

MadCrix
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby MadCrix » January 13th, 2014, 9:44 am

I want to ask a question, on a private location what right does TTPS have to enter and have jurisdiction without a warrant ect?

I curious as private property is private property

canada
Street 2NR

Postby canada » January 13th, 2014, 9:49 am

Totally agree with Microtech. We need to see more outrage from the young motor racers. Let the perpetrators know that you all are smarter - you know what a well-run organization is and that is what you will support.

This fight is for the future of motor racing in T&T for you the young people. Rawle have nothing to gain from this fight - money is definitely not it - as no amount of money can pay them for what they do.

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » January 13th, 2014, 10:07 am

i will not be at AGP lol..

Crix from my knowledge, if it is private property and no alcohol is being sold, police permission is not needed for the event to take place....private event...

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » January 13th, 2014, 10:11 am

MadCrix wrote:I want to ask a question, on a private location what right does TTPS have to enter and have jurisdiction without a warrant ect?

was thinking that too. but it won't be private with public patronage.

MadCrix
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby MadCrix » January 13th, 2014, 10:12 am

exactly so going on that, and what aaron has inputted, what right did they have to enter a private compound.

I ask this cause it had an occasion at my house where they needed to enter my property and I refused them access as they did not have a warrant.

it turned out to be a wrong address they had.

MadCrix
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby MadCrix » January 13th, 2014, 10:13 am

yes wagon it is a private event I have invited friends to.. by definition my friends make up the public...

Strauss
Shifting into 6th

Postby Strauss » January 13th, 2014, 10:36 am

MadCrix wrote:yes wagon it is a private event I have invited friends to.. by definition my friends make up the public...

There is no need to take that route of argument. Just don't go there. There is no need and it can backfire in your face.

There is already enough on the table to start with.

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » January 13th, 2014, 10:41 am

carnival in the air....ppl want money to jump up...OT...

I believe ARC as the owner should find out the proper protocols to host events on their properties...

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life

Postby MICROTECH 7 » January 13th, 2014, 10:49 am

MadCrix wrote:I want to ask a question, on a private location what right does TTPS have to enter and have jurisdiction without a warrant ect?

Precisely, but if you don'd have anything to hide, police will ask to enter and examine what approvals you have in writing to host the event. They cannot stop all the functions in a private controlled environment, but they can prevent the entry of paying patrons to spectate or any money transactions taking place that need the supervision of police officers under public event laws.

Hence why the drivers were allowed to still run the course yesterday. Other than noise complaints you can do what you want privately in your own space.

MadCrix
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby MadCrix » January 13th, 2014, 11:02 am

my point, again, they have no right to enter and as such can be refused entry.

but as u said if money was passing then they can't be denied.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » January 13th, 2014, 11:28 am

how long before karters are arrested for breaking the speed limit, while driving uninsured, unregistered vehicles at ARC?
Frightening precedents are being set

r3iXmann
punchin NOS

Postby r3iXmann » January 13th, 2014, 11:43 am

MadCrix wrote:my point, again, they have no right to enter and as such can be refused entry.

but as u said if money was passing then they can't be denied.

once any member of the public can enter without need for membership etc, then it's no longer a private event

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » January 13th, 2014, 12:34 pm

Called Arima Police station 667-3563 asking for info for CARS event. (what permissions would be needed, etc).
Was told to call 667-0501 and speak to a Mrs. Choti (spelling).
She said the requirements are:
Have the permission of the property (Which we all do, it's rented from them).
Not operating a bar. (we don't. the only folks who did was jay-sur)
Are not exceeding 200 ppl. (ARA may be the only ones who do).
We are fine to host our events.

On the note of EMA, I was asked to call back and speak to Sgt. gerald when he's free.
Though she noted our agreement with ARC stipulates not loud enough to disturb the horses in the adjacent compound, and as such would require no variance.
Last edited by wagonrunner on January 13th, 2014, 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » January 13th, 2014, 12:51 pm

Wow politics again yes.....

Advertisement

Return to “AutoSport Drag & Wind”