TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

ARA D&W#5 for Sunday 22nd June at ARC Car Park, Arima

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

ARA D&W#5 for Sunday 22nd June at ARC Car Park, Arima

Postby AutoSport » June 15th, 2014, 8:53 pm

So we are well on the way to D&W#5 carded for Sunday 22nd June at ARC Car Park, Arima.

Briefing meeting will be held at the Chaguanas Central Regional Indoor Sport Arena, next to Saith Park on Wednesday 18th June from 7:00pm to 9:30pm. We shall be handing out trophies won at D&W#4 and collecting entries for D&W#5.

We noted the issue of competitors Breaking Out of their Bracket at the last Event… but also touching/hitting a cone, and the penalty being added, and the breakout competitor no longer breaking out and then wins. Got that?

Is this a flaw or loophole in this rule? In fighting to achieve a fast time, the competitor would have attempted to drive as fast as possible, staying close to the cones to have as smooth a run as possible. This can lead to touching or dislodging a cone. But the fast time will be registered. In going fast he got a good time, but this possibly lead to close calls with the cones or barriers.

Do we make the change that if you break out you lose, notwithstanding cone penalty that will be still added? WE shall be discussing this issue….

Food for thought….

Also the suggestions from Fire Service that drivers must start to use proper racing attire.

WE have checked and confirmed that in similar Events in SCCA and other such organizations, this is only suggested, but mandatory for cars fitted with roll cages and gutted. We shall be getting more information on this topic, but this will not be mandatory just yet at our Events.

Extinguishers, again commented upon by Fire Service personnel. And we again point out that this should be properly secured but easily accessible and removed by the driver in case of necessity. And why not kept in your vehicle 24/7?

See you on Wednesday 18th June at 7:00pm…..

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Re: ARA D&W#5 for Sunday 22nd June at ARC Car Park, Arima

Postby Aaron 2NR » June 15th, 2014, 10:41 pm

inside

Michael Knight...
Riding on 17's

Postby Michael Knight... » June 15th, 2014, 11:17 pm

I'm there.

MarkDamo

Postby MarkDamo » June 15th, 2014, 11:54 pm

yesssssss we will see

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » June 16th, 2014, 5:18 am

I am actually in support of raising the bar with regards to safety. If you recall last year both myself and narend were very vocal on media persons wearing proper PPE at events to ensure they are very visible to drivers while on the course.

with regards to the racers, we never know when anything can go wrong and wearing proper FR clothing should be on the list. FR clothing can be obtained online at a low cost compared to the mods being done to one vehicle.

this is just a sample of FR clothing that can be bought online if you cannot get the karting/ racing type stuff
http://www.frsafety.com/product/FR_Ligh ... Sleeve_Tee

also you can check a coverall manufacturer for a nomex jacket that would cost appr $300

you can also get K1 race gear at the link below
http://www.k1racegear.com

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » June 16th, 2014, 9:08 am

^^^not required on race tracks when they hold public track days...jussayin

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » June 16th, 2014, 10:38 am

Same fire officer also said a 5LB extinguisher was what he expected. :|

I could definitely understand the concern with gutted race cars with fuel cells inside the vehicle itself requiring FR Clothing but a normal street car which is designed to reduce occupants being burnt in an accident is pushing it.

He should advise that it's a good idea for racers to get PPE that is required at higher levels of competition but not go about forcing it on everyone.

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » June 16th, 2014, 10:48 am

Fr clothing isnt even required on the autobahn or the nurburgring a car park is more of a hazard?

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » June 16th, 2014, 12:45 pm

When the helmet rule was introduced a lot of people had the same arguments but when youre starting to advance in a sport the set the bar, you need to start following regulations.

Now the rule has not been introduced as mandatory but its something to look at for the development of the competitions.

Look at it this way, a lot of people spend money on engine mods and leave out brakes. ..in this same way you spend money on your car but not on your own personal protection

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » June 16th, 2014, 2:24 pm

Aaron 2NR wrote:When the helmet rule was introduced a lot of people had the same arguments but when youre starting to advance in a sport the set the bar, you need to start following regulations.

Now the rule has not been introduced as mandatory but its something to look at for the development of the competitions.

Look at it this way, a lot of people spend money on engine mods and leave out brakes. ..in this same way you spend money on your car but not on your own personal protection

will there be safety officials to cool down the persons who get heat exhaustion from a fire suit?

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » June 16th, 2014, 3:52 pm

Cinco, the common practice here would be only to use the suit while driving. Should easily be able to manage a 15mins in a coverall without having to worry about that and a/c in the car would definitely help.

I remember at a driving school hosted by TTASA several years ago at Wallerfield the person conducting the class also suggested that everyone get proper racing shoes, FRC and gloves as to truly get into racing they will eventually be needed anyway. Also being more "professional" may assist in getting sponsorship for yourself etc and I tend to agree with that.

However, I'm happy to sponsor myself with my street car and I don't consider my car to have much threat of having any fire in the cabin so I don't think I need to go that far with safety clothing yet.

If my car had a fuel cell inside the passenger area or if I was karting and the fuel tank was sitting right between my legs then I'd definitely go out and get the right clothing for that but for now, a helmet should be all the protection I would need under normal circumstances.

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » June 16th, 2014, 4:06 pm

I would totally support this if we had somewhere to race. A car park is not a race course why invest that much money into a suit when there is no where to officially race?

I have the opposite view unless we have somewhere to utilise fully as needed for racing why invest more into it?

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » June 16th, 2014, 6:41 pm

cinco maybe i missed something, do you compete at D&W??

Also the suggestions from Fire Service that drivers must start to use proper racing attire.

WE have checked and confirmed that in similar Events in SCCA and other such organizations, this is only suggested, but mandatory for cars fitted with roll cages and gutted. We shall be getting more information on this topic, but this will not be mandatory just yet at our Events.
Last edited by Aaron 2NR on June 16th, 2014, 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JJ16
30 pounds of Boost

Postby JJ16 » June 16th, 2014, 6:52 pm

I only WATCH at D&W ... its a fun event to watch really.... but i can see why the safety standards want to be introduced.. although its a car park, it still has hazards just like any auto event..

I guess they just trying to set a higher standard... like how they simply say if you wanna time your car at drags you MUST wear a helmet and a shoes, no short pants etc..

I guess prevention is better than cure...

I can see someone who is a "wild" man missing the turn or even trying to push his / her car to the extent where they may just flip their car..and god forbid something major happens, then i guess the authorities granting the use of the facility may question why proper safety wear etc wasn't made mandatory...

Simply...they trying to take precautions before they hadda answer i guess, since these days everyones car is becoming faster and faster

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » June 16th, 2014, 10:28 pm

Aaron 2NR wrote:cinco maybe i missed something, do you compete at D&W??

Nope my car too slow. Only a competitor has an opinion?

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » June 17th, 2014, 4:04 am

Fire suits for an autocross is putting the cart before the horse.

There is no need for such levels of precaution, particularly with cars running pump fuel and OEM gas tanks....IMO... shouldn't even be a discussion at this level. SCCA doesn't require it and most SCCA events are higher speeds than even D+W... we aren't even close to the road race level.

Cages are recommended by SCCA, but rarely used on street cars at it would make it ridiculously dangerous to drive on the street without a helmet.... but racing suits due to a cage or gutted vehicle ? I have never seen this in scca rules not involving time trials/road racing events.... link ?

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » June 17th, 2014, 5:14 am

with these arguments then you would say why is fire service even there and is now a requirement to host events.
they have their job to do as well and are looking at the worst possible incident that could occur.

I actually disagree with cars running "pump fuel and oem tanks". there are a lot of people at the events running methanol, gutted cars as well as fuel cells....walk around the pits and you would see....

again at the last event they did not state it is mandatory for race suits, they said they notice a lot of people are wearing short sleeved jerseys and cotton clothing and they would like to suggest long sleeved FR clothing, be it FR long sleeved jerseys which you can get for about $180TT, nomex coverall jackets or Race suit jacket or full clothing.

Again they are simply trying to raise the awareness of the racers and have them think of their own safety first before being reactive.

at the last session there were some fruitful discussions between TTPS as well who would like to start working with the drivers to ensure what took place earlier this year does not happen again.

again it is not something mandatory but it's something to be looked at later down the year and for next year's competition.

while this did not happen at ARC, i am sure some cars at D&W get to higher speeds that this

castortroy
Street 2NR

Postby castortroy » June 17th, 2014, 6:04 am

Remember guys, it only takes 1 moment for something to go wrong and its always better to be proactive than reactive, the PPE requirement should be much further investigated - God forbid something happens and everybody stands there and says 'PPE would have saved his/her life....'

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » June 17th, 2014, 9:26 am

Well said

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » June 17th, 2014, 8:34 pm

should be collecting my car in the morning and break in the new clutch over the next couple days.....

this was the aftermath of my clutch after the last event...started slipping in 6th once i cross 17psi...

oem clutch help up nice for 60,000km

the aftermath of a low clutch and launch control lol

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » June 17th, 2014, 9:34 pm

Aaron I hope you've bought your HAN device, installed your halon fire suppression system and installed a foam-filled fuel cell as well.....can never be too safe

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » June 17th, 2014, 9:38 pm

MG Man wrote:Aaron I hope you've bought your HAN device, installed your halon fire suppression system and installed a foam-filled fuel cell as well.....can never be too safe

Unexpired schnell helmet also while we at it a padded roll cage and 5pt harness since d&w is so unsafe

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » June 17th, 2014, 10:48 pm

No need to take it to the extreme...

Aaron 2NR wrote:with these arguments then you would say why is fire service even there and is now a requirement to host events. they have their job to do as well and are looking at the worst possible incident that could occur.

^^ WIth that logic... if we all wear Nomex... then no need for fire services ?

If fires services are present at an event in such a small area, I would hope they can get to a downed vehicle in short time.

Aaron 2NR wrote:I actually disagree with cars running "pump fuel and oem tanks". there are a lot of people at the events running methanol, gutted cars as well as fuel cells....walk around the pits and you would see....

Actually it appears that you agree ! Just because meth wasn't mentioned doesn't mean it isn't intended to be included.... obviously running methanol or a mix in an external resevouir is the same (or riskier) than a fuel cell.

People crash on the street at higher speeds than D+W, but that does not mean everyone needs to suit up. This discussion is based on the latest update from Autosport and I'm sure can be discussed further if drivers choose to, but as exciting as it may seem... D+W is basically a weekend autocross and a desire to push it into some sort of hyped up event for ballers will push away newer drivers.

Wear em if you got em... but I'm definitely not for rules requiring a full suit unless higher speeds are achieved. I would say do more to protect the spectators and by standers !

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » June 17th, 2014, 10:52 pm

X2 wrote: I would say do more to protect the spectators and by standers !

Standing ovation

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » June 19th, 2014, 5:25 am

really nice discussions at briefing last night....sunday is going to be interesting....

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » June 20th, 2014, 5:53 pm

At our briefing on Wednesday night, we indicated that we were yet to receive Police permission for this Event. We are glad to indicate that we have overcome all the last minute challenges and we move forward.

The attached link is some very interesting information from the FIA, summarized here...
http://www.fia.com/multimedia/publications

"Welcome to the eighth issue of AUTO+, the publication dedicated to the news of our member clubs (please click here to download).

In this edition's 'Meet the Family' section we take an in-depth look at how Chinese ASN FASC is accelerating the growth of motor sport in the country thanks to the Formula One Grand Prix, the recent successes of WTCC driver Ma Qing Hua and the club’s plans for junior racing. We also look at ACU’s preparations for the Formula E Grand Prix to be held in Uruguay later this year, a new TCS campaign to tackle distracted driving and an ADAC test of convertibles’ safety.

nismo_demon
3NE 2NR for life

Postby nismo_demon » June 20th, 2014, 6:13 pm

wey d list rawwwwwwllle :?: :?: :agrue: :lol: :lol:

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » June 20th, 2014, 6:45 pm

Can't publish until you ask :P

1 8 Shaun Mohammed Locost
2 9 Hannah Morris Mini
3 12 Dominic Kalipersad Sunny B11 2000
4 37 Devi Nath Suzuki Turbo
5 48 Rajendra Singh Nissan Lucino 2000
6 52 Steven Hosein Mazda Mx 3
7 57 Nicholas Mooloo Impreza 2000
8 68 Ronnie Ramdeo Civic 1800
9 74 Bunny Kalipersad Impreza 2000
10 79 Randy Mohammed Datsun 2000
11 80 Devon Bartholomew Supra T
12 81 Khaleel Mohammed Datsun 2000
13 94 Alistair Rahamut Lancer 2000
14 101 Neil Gopeesingh Suzuki Gti
15 105 Christopher Kahadar Mazda Miata
16 111 Venus Miler Alteeza 2000
17 129 Alain Robertson Civic 1600
18 143 Melissa Ramsaroop Nissan Tida
19 150 Darren Chokolingo Mitsubishi
20 152 Trevy Hosein Mazda Mx 3
21 187 Chris Akee Silvia 2000
22 191 Saleem Deen Datsun 280Z
23 205 Mohamed Saied Farra A31 Cefiro 2000
24 235 Olatunji Rudder-Fisher Subaru 2000
25 251 Leon O'Brien B14 2000
26 252 Robert Rajnauth Subaru 2000
27 269 Nicholas Ottley Altezza 3000
28 277 Aaron Achan Impreza Sti
29 300 Roger Hutcheon Silvia 2000
30 322 Sheldon Seepersadsingh Nissan Silvia
31 337 Dario Jordan Bx Lancer 2000
32 510 Daren Bahadur Datsun 1600
33 601 Khaaliq Razac Toyota Vitz Rs 1500
34 602 Nirvan Maharaj Audi A4 1800T
35 603 Krishna Nanan Wingroad 2000
36 707 David Lyons Suzuki GTi T
37 720 Akash Maharaj Mazda Rx Rb2000
38 739 Shane Allen Evo 9
39 747 Kerry Philip
40 801 Siddeeq Chowtee Mit Evo2
41 850 Stefan Mohammed Volvo 850
42 932 Naz Mohammed Locost
Last edited by AutoSport on June 21st, 2014, 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nismo_demon
3NE 2NR for life

Postby nismo_demon » June 20th, 2014, 7:03 pm

:D :mrgreen: :lol:

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » June 21st, 2014, 2:37 pm

Latest entry....

39 747 Kerry Philip

Advertisement