Forums

2014 Kia Forte/Cerato

Sportage, Sorento, Soul, Rio, Cerato, Optima

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: 2014 Kia Forte/Cerato

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » December 17th, 2015, 8:02 pm

How come your consumption is that high? Is it an average for a trip or just a spot value at the time of the pic?

idlemind
punchin NOS

Postby idlemind » December 17th, 2015, 8:06 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:How come your consumption is that high? Is it an average for a trip or just a spot value at the time of the pic?

It's the average since the last refuel and it's been traffic all week buddy..
Little or no clear road.
It was especially grimmey this evening for some reason.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » December 17th, 2015, 8:07 pm

Ok understood. What's the size of your fuel tank?

idlemind
punchin NOS

Postby idlemind » December 17th, 2015, 8:10 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:Ok understood. What's the size of your fuel tank?

50L
...with huge 18" wheels (8" and 9")

idlemind
punchin NOS

Postby idlemind » January 15th, 2016, 11:06 am

So the battery in my Smart Key died today (no panic, just hold the key on the Start button and the car starts, lock doors with manual key).

I got the low battery warning a couple days ago on the dash.

Anyway, I stopped by SSSL for a demonstration on how to take the key apart (I was in the area)
I was told it costs $150 for them to change the battery :shock:

I drove off, watched a vid on youtube for the 2011-2013 Cerato on how to change it and its simple. It always amazes me how much dig eye goes on, even if all you want is a simple demo so you dont mash up the key.

Anyway guys, the battery is the popular CR2032 and just look up Forte smart key battery replacement on youtube.

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » January 15th, 2016, 6:31 pm

150! Lol. Rofl. Ridiculous

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Captainzaak
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Captainzaak » February 17th, 2016, 1:15 pm

WTF, I took my key into a watch store and the lady just popped it open and changed the battery. $20.

idlemind wrote:So the battery in my Smart Key died today (no panic, just hold the key on the Start button and the car starts, lock doors with manual key).

I got the low battery warning a couple days ago on the dash.

Anyway, I stopped by SSSL for a demonstration on how to take the key apart (I was in the area)
I was told it costs $150 for them to change the battery :shock:

I drove off, watched a vid on youtube for the 2011-2013 Cerato on how to change it and its simple. It always amazes me how much dig eye goes on, even if all you want is a simple demo so you dont mash up the key.

Anyway guys, the battery is the popular CR2032 and just look up Forte smart key battery replacement on youtube.

idlemind
punchin NOS

Postby idlemind » February 17th, 2016, 1:22 pm

Looking for a remote start module.
Seeing it done on K3's in Korea.
Emailed the company and didn't get a reply. Think I need to more investigating. Anyone interested or have a solution?

Also looking for drop springs. Found a set with a good drop and decent spring rate. Again, anyone interested or have an alternative other than QCC/Suspex?

ImageUploadedByTriniTuner1455729731.089201.jpg

Ayinde19
Riding on 13's

Postby Ayinde19 » March 24th, 2016, 10:43 pm

So someone backed into me broke my right side headlight and added a few scratches. Does anyone have any idea how much the headlight might cost? Does ssl have a good body shop? What a way to start my long weekend.

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » March 25th, 2016, 7:38 am

Sorry to hear. As for the body shop I'm still waiting for them to call me back. That was about a year ago

Sent from my E6603 using Tapatalk

kadet100
Ricer

Postby kadet100 » March 25th, 2016, 8:18 am

Ya bro, the body shop is just behind Kay Donna Cinema..well where Kay Donna was. Complete waste of time in my opinion tho. Completely overpriced, poor attitude and unprofessional office staff. As previous post I was also waiting for months for them to call me. Easy to order a replacement headlight off ebay and get the repairs done externally..

sweeks
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby sweeks » March 28th, 2016, 6:43 am

kadet100 wrote: Easy to order a replacement headlight off ebay and get the repairs done externally..

Agreed

idlemind
punchin NOS

Postby idlemind » March 31st, 2016, 5:49 pm

Ayinde19 wrote:So someone backed into me broke my right side headlight and added a few scratches. Does anyone have any idea how much the headlight might cost? Does ssl have a good body shop? What a way to start my long weekend.

Any update?

Ayinde19
Riding on 13's

Postby Ayinde19 » March 31st, 2016, 10:18 pm

So after finally getting through to southern sales parts I was quoted a price of 9400 and this was after discount. The regular price was over 10k. I told the guy that I wasn't interested in the pair just one side and he confirmed that this was in fact one side lol. To make a long story short I will be ordering it online at 550usd even with shipping, customs and a depreciating TTD to the usd I will not pay 10 grand. Absolutely crazy.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » March 31st, 2016, 10:25 pm

:rofl: @ price for one.

idlemind
punchin NOS

Postby idlemind » March 31st, 2016, 10:25 pm

Ayinde19 wrote:So after finally getting through to southern sales parts I was quoted a price of 9400 and this was after discount. The regular price was over 10k. I told the guy that I wasn't interested in the pair just one side and he confirmed that this was in fact one side lol. To make a long story short I will be ordering it online at 550usd even with shipping, customs and a depreciating TTD to the usd I will not pay 10 grand. Absolutely crazy.

Yes that's what I was afraid of. I believe the HID headlamps are priced at $10k ea. but I wasn't 100% certain. The last time I was in parts a guy came in getting parts to repair the entire front end.

Just be sure whatever you buy on eBay matches your halogen or HID headlamps. Also be prepared to adjust the lamps as the U.S. are LHD and their lights are angled in the opposite direction to ours.

idlemind
punchin NOS

Postby idlemind » April 6th, 2016, 9:42 am

Guys, I just posted the service manual for our Cerato on a new thread for easy access

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=664281

Everything looks the same except the engine, US don't have the 1600cc Gamma and their GDI is turbo charged.

Ayinde19
Riding on 13's

Postby Ayinde19 » July 11th, 2016, 1:54 pm

How my fellow cerato drivers quiet so....... Everything cool? What are your thoughts on the face lift to our models. I don't know if i am being biased but i prefer our version. The only advantage i saw is that the face lift version has four front parking sensors with he additional two being about 10 inches from either side of the front number plate. I guess that would make a difference when the object is directly in front of you as opposed to the front side.......

idlemind
punchin NOS

Postby idlemind » July 11th, 2016, 1:59 pm

Ayinde19 wrote:How my fellow cerato drivers quiet so....... Everything cool? What are your thoughts on the face lift to our models. I don't know if i am being biased but i prefer our version. The only advantage i saw is that the face lift version has four front parking sensors with he additional two being about 10 inches from either side of the front number plate. I guess that would make a difference when the object is directly in front of you as opposed to the front side.......

Just cool man.
I dont particularly like the facelift. It front looks boxy.
Agreed that our model looks better, not sure if anything else was improved or if we carry the same engine and drivetrain.

On another note, I recently changed my steering motor coupler bushings and complete steering rack under warranty.
Was hearing a knock when quickly turning the steering wheel left-right while the car was stationary and on.
Was very pleased that it was all replaced without issue.
I recall seeing it listed as a Service Bulletin for Hyundai equivalent models, but never saw anything fro KIA.
Anyway, so far so good. Hitting over 60,000 km now.

Ayinde19
Riding on 13's

Postby Ayinde19 » July 11th, 2016, 2:17 pm

Nice man glad you got that sorted out without any issues. I hope that is not a common problem though. I was at southern sales service recently and i overheard someone complaining about the same thing but i was not too sure if it was on a cerato. I am almost certain i heard the guy saying sportage but now i'm second guessing myself.

idlemind
punchin NOS

Postby idlemind » July 11th, 2016, 2:22 pm

Ayinde19 wrote:Nice man glad you got that sorted out without any issues. I hope that is not a common problem though. I was at southern sales service recently and i overheard someone complaining about the same thing but i was not too sure if it was on a cerato. I am almost certain i heard the guy saying sportage but now i'm second guessing myself.

It can happen on all the models that carry electronic steering
What you need to be mindful of is the weight of any aftermarket wheels you put on.
SSSL are selling new cars with heavy 18" wheels out the showroom so my take is they have to honour the warranty claim.
I have since changed my mind completely on fitting these vehicles with heavy rims.
Oh...the Stock wheels in my opinion are also too heavy.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » July 13th, 2016, 6:04 pm

The service bulletin was with regard to the weight of the wheels?

idlemind
punchin NOS

Postby idlemind » July 14th, 2016, 9:32 am

No, its just my personal opinion.
Heavy wheels = more unsprung weight

Heres the TSB: https://www.scribd.com/doc/256084419/YF ... -Noise-TSB

Captainzaak
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Captainzaak » July 27th, 2016, 10:30 am

Ayinde19 wrote:Nice man glad you got that sorted out without any issues. I hope that is not a common problem though. I was at southern sales service recently and i overheard someone complaining about the same thing but i was not too sure if it was on a cerato. I am almost certain i heard the guy saying sportage but now i'm second guessing myself.

Actually my 2009 Cerato (yeah i'm with Kia THAT long) had an issue with the steering rack and it needed to be completely replaced, however the vehicle was out of warranty already and was going to cost around $20,000 to change so i ended up selling the vehicle at a reduced cost and informed the new owner upfront about the issue. Not sure if they changed it or what but it seems to be an issue with Kia sedans.

idlemind
punchin NOS

Postby idlemind » August 4th, 2016, 10:33 am

WOOHOOOO!

NEW KIA FORUM....thanks Admin!

Captain, you had on aftermarket rims by chance?

Captainzaak wrote:

Actually my 2009 Cerato (yeah i'm with Kia THAT long) had an issue with the steering rack and it needed to be completely replaced, however the vehicle was out of warranty already and was going to cost around $20,000 to change so i ended up selling the vehicle at a reduced cost and informed the new owner upfront about the issue. Not sure if they changed it or what but it seems to be an issue with Kia sedans.

arsenal32
Street 2NR

Postby arsenal32 » September 13th, 2016, 11:22 am

anyone knows a good straightener and has some extra metal stream cerato paint?

used to think that the black piece of plastic between the number plate and the front bumper had the number plate looking awkward as the number plate was out in front of the bar, but now i think this plate is there maybe act as a shock absorbent? what you guy's think?

I hit a ph driver b13 guy who stopped suddenly in front of me. his tail light and bumper broke. cerato number plate is bent and scratched, my bumper clips on the left came out a lil bit so hopefully it can be popped back in and there's some small scratches underneath the front centre of the bumper (above the black plastic grill).

also where can i get a new number plate like the one from the firm?

idlemind
punchin NOS

Postby idlemind » September 13th, 2016, 11:39 am

Sorry to hear about the accident...

arsenal32 wrote:anyone knows a good straightener and has some extra metal stream cerato paint?
My straightener has disappeared..But Im sure guys can suggest based on your location.
You will have the buy the paint. Theres a shop i go to in Macoya that is reasonable, their name is Rustic.

used to think that the black piece of plastic between the number plate and the front bumper had the number plate looking awkward as the number plate was out in front of the bar, but now i think this plate is there maybe act as a shock absorbent? what you guy's think?
Nah its not an absorber, My Sales Rep did not put mine on as well as it projects the number plate out, making it easy to hook, bend and scrape. There is alot of absorbing foam behind the bumper.

I hit a ph driver b13 guy who stopped suddenly in front of me. his tail light and bumper broke. cerato number plate is bent and scratched, my bumper on the left came out so hopefully it can be popped back in and there's some scratches underneath the kia logo on the bonnet.
Ouch! The bumper clips on the side are pretty durable, So it should be just to snap in place. Theres 1 screw in the wheel well and one below the bumper as well. I posted a manual here that will show you steps to remove and install the bumper, its pretty simple. The plastic section below the KIA logo and above the Grille is also part of the bumper which could be easily repaired.

also where can i get a new number plate like the one from the firm?
Which one you got? All Metal? or Metal with raised numbers (Lenny Sumadhs)?
If Lennys, you just need to straightens the plate, those can take a beating.

arsenal32
Street 2NR

Postby arsenal32 » September 13th, 2016, 2:54 pm

thanks for the response man..

and yea was crazy looking for the kia forum in the 'other' section only to see we got our name in the drop down menu. about time!!

arsenal32
Street 2NR

Postby arsenal32 » September 14th, 2016, 3:30 pm

update on fender bender...snapped the bumper back in place so no issues there..went to auto body works off the highway in san juan and was quoted $2000 plus vat to paint the whole bumper as well as replace the metal number plate...or $1200 plus vat to paint just the strip between the bonnet and the bumper (where the kia logo is located)

apparently there's a crack on the chrome on the grill..SS saying they have in stock for $1191 which compares well to prices I seeing online.

idlemind
punchin NOS

Postby idlemind » October 12th, 2016, 2:43 pm

Yeah I got into a minor fender bender as well.
Cracked and pushed in the mesh part of the grille etc.
I scrapped it down and repaired it myself with plastic weld, dont even notice it broke now.
The chrome nickel around the grill is really poor workmanship, all the screw in clips on mine have now broken (think its 10). There are slots tabs that click into place with the mesh part of the grille thats now holding it on. Thank God I wrap mine in carbon fiber so im not too worried.

On the up side, warranty coming to an end now and I already have BC coilovers waiting to install.
BC just only released them and they are a perfect fit to the Forte in the US.
Also I found some torsion and sway bars to stiffen up the suspension.
I really really really hate the extra bounce you get in the rear when you go over a hump.
Hopefully the coils will remove that.

Advertisement

Return to “KIA”