Forums

Tuscon dual clutch transmission

Creta, Elantra, Santa Fe, Accent, Tuscon, Veloster, Sonata, i30

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Tuscon dual clutch transmission

Postby Chimera » July 22nd, 2018, 6:50 pm

Hey guys im considering buying a new tucson and the rep was telling me about its dual clutch trans. And in our traffic alot of people get issues with ir because they usually roll forward in traffic instead of properly using the gas and brakes. Any of you have any ans experience such issues with it?

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Re: Tuscon dual clutch transmission

Postby Strugglerzinc » July 24th, 2018, 5:20 pm

I was also considering one. Its not an issue per se but rather having to change how "yuh born and grow" drive an automatic. It's not natural at this point. I don't want a vehicle where i have to actively think about driving it correctly in case i damage it.

There are many reported issues in the US related to overheating etc and various dealer updates that "fixed" the issues. We all know how our dealers operate here.

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » August 20th, 2018, 7:42 pm

I purchased 1. have it a mth now. its a car to get used too. not a ladies ride at all. I love it. but its been a mth and still getting use to the driving dynamics of that transmission. so far I have experience slips 4 times. at 500kms it refused to climb a steep hill. kept neutralising. but owners manual said first 1500kms it may be prone to this. other times were pretty slight. now I am up to 3000kms and it has broken in nicely. yesterday I was in traffic on highstreet in san Fernando and I kept getting the warning to cease riding the accelerator, depress brakes. hated that since I knew I wasn't abusing it then. overall I think its quite fun. but you gotta have patience with it at first. I think its a good buy

A33_VQ35
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby A33_VQ35 » August 20th, 2018, 9:39 pm

Posted a reply on the other thread. It's not only related to the Tucson. Any dsg will behave the same way. You have to understand how to drive it. No torque converter taking the load so u can't keep riding the accelerator at crawl speeds or up slopes eg exiting imax.

If starting from an incline use auto hold or handbrake.

The computer will disengage the clutch to prevent wear when it gets to hot and nothing u can do about it.
When it runs it runs great, but it doesn't like traffic n to much heat.

Yes @strugglerzinc, you do have to actively think about it

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » August 21st, 2018, 4:03 pm

yup. I know. thanks

RectifierREVZ
Ricer

Postby RectifierREVZ » October 20th, 2020, 9:35 pm

Need someone to check the transmission oil if possible, anyone recommended? Recently having a slight bucking when now pulling out but no needle movement on tac. Any advice?

RectifierREVZ
Ricer

Postby RectifierREVZ » October 23rd, 2020, 11:31 am

Based on talking to someone this week and some online reviews, there seems to be a software upgrade for it. Has anyone done the upgrade?

Advertisement

Return to “HYUNDAI”