Forums

Elantra

Creta, Elantra, Santa Fe, Accent, Tuscon, Veloster, Sonata, i30

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Drea
Sweet on this forum

Elantra

Postby Drea » April 27th, 2019, 12:16 pm

Has anyone recently changed their evaporator in an Elantra? If so what was the cost?

Got a quote from somewhere for $6500, however I'm skeptical about the process of them having to remove the dashboard and wondering if I should just go to Massy (also want to see what they're quoting on it)

My elantra just about hit the 4 year mark, I've seen in the Tuscon thread this seems to be about the time some people experienced this problem. :cry:

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Elantra

Postby Dizzy28 » May 7th, 2019, 4:04 pm

Drea wrote:Has anyone recently changed their evaporator in an Elantra? If so what was the cost?

Got a quote from somewhere for $6500, however I'm skeptical about the process of them having to remove the dashboard and wondering if I should just go to Massy (also want to see what they're quoting on it)

My elantra just about hit the 4 year mark, I've seen in the Tuscon thread this seems to be about the time some people experienced this problem. :cry:

My 3.5 year old Tucson evaporator went last month.
Fcuk Massy I didn't even bother and call them and went outside one time. Cost $3,400 for a brand new one installed (non brand ofc).

I must admit seeing my entire dash dismantled was a bit disconcerting but them fellas doing this long time and know what they about.

But what kinna shiddy evaporators Hyundai using for these things to be going so soon in so much of their vehicles?

Drea
Sweet on this forum

Postby Drea » May 8th, 2019, 8:01 am

Thanks for the feedback. I called around a few places and a friend even put me on to someone who works for Massy but can do it on the outside getting some prices between $3500- 4200.

My main concern is def the dismantling of the dashboard :cry: but hoping to get it fixed soon, this heat is not to be without AC.

I was surprised this particular problem pop up already, I'm not a 24/7 AC person and the car get reg service but say wah, comes with the territory.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 9th, 2019, 10:11 am

Drea wrote:Thanks for the feedback. I called around a few places and a friend even put me on to someone who works for Massy but can do it on the outside getting some prices between $3500- 4200.

My main concern is def the dismantling of the dashboard :cry: but hoping to get it fixed soon, this heat is not to be without AC.

I was surprised this particular problem pop up already, I'm not a 24/7 AC person and the car get reg service but say wah, comes with the territory.

Yea mine went over the weekend and I fixed it the first working day of the next week. I can't take that PoS traffic daily without an A/C nah.

WRT the dash board it is a simple dismantle with a few clips here and there. It looks much worse than it is. And in the Tucson I have switches for the 4x4 and drive mode and thing and every thing is back to normal now. No need to worry once your A/C tech competent.

And yea it definitely comes with the territory of having a Hyundai (although I feel it shouldn't be).
Previously I have had -
a CS3 Lancer for 3 years (was 4 years old at the time of purchase RORO) - never had an A/C issues
A CY Lancer from the firm for 4.5 years - never so much as gas up the A/C and it work well all that time

My father has had Corolla and Wingroad for 8 years (+4 year old for being ROROs) and he never fix a thing in those vehicle A/Cs wise

Advertisement

Return to “HYUNDAI”