Forums

Hyundai sonata problems

Creta, Elantra, Santa Fe, Accent, Tuscon, Veloster, Sonata, i30

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

pharezcats
Street 2NR

Hyundai sonata problems

Postby pharezcats » December 10th, 2020, 5:14 pm

Hello guy, I'm getting plenty problems with this 2003 sonata, the car have been seating for 6 years and the owner wants it running, so it started off with an head gasket,valve stem seals,fuse box,radio etc found some rockers just in the head off the lifters, got the head shaved and pressure tested, all is good, bought new head bolts and torque to spec including the angles, the car started and no more smoking and misfiring, 5 months, the car came back with bent valves, and the rockers where in the lying in the cylinder head again, took the head back off, changed the valves and lapped them, we went with a new timing belt, timed over everything, looking to start a fuse keep blowing because of tje fuel pump shorting, so we used starting fuel just to see if it woukd start, it started 3 times and idled, with no noise the 4th time it just back fired though the intake, checked over the timing and compression just incase and everythings good, installed the fuel pump start the car and now it got no oil pressure, so everything is just rattling, due to no oil pressure, took the oil filter off start the car and no oil is coming out the hole, the engine has oil and I really do not want to go back inside the engine, I told the customer to replace the engine because before i checked it, it overheated to the point that the cam cap bolts are stripping snd every place you touch just breaks but there are the kind of person that if 1 valve bend change the one valve, I dont think a oil pump can just quite and yes the engine got oil, I really need HELPPPPPPPP WITH THIS ASAPPPPP

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Re: Hyundai sonata problems

Postby randolphinshan » December 29th, 2020, 10:55 pm

Sell and buy a Toyota

Advertisement

Return to “HYUNDAI”