TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

pugboy
TunerGod

Re: Novel Coronavirus - New name "COVID 19"

Postby pugboy » February 15th, 2020, 7:39 pm

99% of workers in food places does be rubbing they nose all the time

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » February 15th, 2020, 8:14 pm

GT Box with a side of coronavirus, only $19.95

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » February 15th, 2020, 8:18 pm

[soundcloud][/soundcloud]
daring dragoon wrote:it go reach here eventually and trinidad not able to handle it an most ah we go dead. i start to fuq away with d gym, diets, religion and all that crap. i eating , drinking and enjoying life like it go end tomorrow cause you never know wat go happen when that reach. if they lock down trinidad, price will go up, groceries will empty, current, water will go and we go hadda stay home till we dead cause the hospital go give me paracetamol and send we home to die. 3 weeks after carnival if we see no virus i go start back d gym.

Y'all need to relax, 2% mortality means you'll most likely be fine.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 15th, 2020, 8:19 pm

Rubbing nose is a problem, but it's not the biggest problem.
Plenty of them work for small businesses, for small money, and if they take 2 days home sick they lose those 2 days pay. So plenty of them fight it and they go out to work, stifling cough and sneeze and fever cold sweat while preparing and moving portioning out food, often in less than sanitary conditions.

That's one reason why I personally avoid buying food outside. Not even kfc I I taking chances with.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » February 15th, 2020, 8:25 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:Y'all need to relax, 2% mortality means you'll most likely be fine.

yup, only a 1 in 50 chance you'll be dead in two weeks. :drinking:
Last edited by paid_influencer on February 15th, 2020, 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » February 15th, 2020, 8:27 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:Y'all need to relax, 2% mortality means you'll most likely be fine.

yup, only a 1 in 50 chance you'll be dead in two weeks. relax.

Are you old or imune compromised? Then it's much less than 1 in 50

matr1x

Postby matr1x » February 15th, 2020, 8:32 pm

Plot twist: the dead start to rise.....

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » February 15th, 2020, 8:32 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:

yup, only a 1 in 50 chance you'll be dead in two weeks. relax.

Are you old or imune compromised? Then it's much less than 1 in 50

I am. How much less are we talking about?
Last edited by paid_influencer on February 15th, 2020, 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » February 15th, 2020, 9:47 pm

I have a hard time believing humanity is going to make it past 1000 years. There is also the possibility this could be biological warfare, I wouldn't put nothing past the Chinese.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » February 15th, 2020, 10:37 pm

in more cruise ship news..

UPDATE: U.S. woman from Westerdam cruise ship, which was rejected by several countries for fears of coronavirus, has tested positive after disembarking in Cambodia and flying to Malaysia.

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1228725539747368963

The Prime Minister of Cambodia himself went to greet disembarking passengers from the Cruise ship. The link has photos/video :drinking:

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » February 15th, 2020, 10:39 pm

Imagine when the sh!t hits the fan with this thing

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » February 16th, 2020, 12:31 am

paid_influencer wrote:

yup, only a 1 in 50 chance you'll be dead in two weeks. :drinking:

Death rates more skewed towards older people.

With that said once that touches our shores we will all get it. Guaranteed. Our hospitals are already overworked and we have absolutely nothing in place to deal with an outbreak. Also, you know once you physically able to come to work, no boss going to want you to stay home so it is pretty much guaranteed to spread.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » February 16th, 2020, 3:22 am

and 2% of the population is 20-30000 dead- so you all cool wit that?

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » February 16th, 2020, 4:20 am

^^I think he means 2% of the infected people not the entire population of a country.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » February 16th, 2020, 4:24 am

SMc wrote:^^I think he means 2% of the infected people not the entire population of a country.

yeah but if this ting so contagious that everyone will eventually get it then it will BECOME 2% of the entire population.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » February 16th, 2020, 4:58 am

i might be wrong but the people that survive do so with treatment, it sounds like a pneumonia type thing and without treatment anyone cud die from it. you go sando general with this virus they will give you panadol and send you home an that is if you lucky otherwise is sit in a chair or stand cause the hospital full and wait for blood test and xray.plus 50-60000 spanish that go get it to and go rush d hospitals, we not ready or able in trinidad and tobago. carnival is the test and at the end of march we will know.
so for lunch today is dhal rice and geera pork with some johnny, i feel is bbq lamb and fries with potato salad in the evening.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » February 16th, 2020, 9:56 am

And allyuh was laughing at Trevor Sayers...

Coronavirus: Can Traditional Chinese Medicine help fight the disease?

As China races to find a cure for the coronavirus, some doctors and individuals are turning to traditional approaches to treat the symptoms. But some experts warn against relying solely on Traditional Chinese Medicine.

China is reviving the practice of traditional Chinese medicine as it tries to get a grip on the coronavirus

In a recent article published on a public WeChat account for medical news, Tang Ying, the director of a county-level hospital in Henan province, describes how she's keeping her doctors safe from the coronavirus by giving them Chinese medicine.

Administrative staff who aren't directly in contact with patients take dried ginger soup with licorice. Doctors who are working in the fever clinics should add Guizhi Tang — a cinnamon-based formula — as well as Fuling, a fungus, and Bai Zhu, an herb often used in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) remedies for its assumed benefits ranging from immune support to strengthening spleen function.

"This time at the front of the battlefield against the new coronavirus, Chinese medicine must not be absent," Tang wrote.

Her traditional approach is in line with the Chinese Government's recommendations for treating symptoms of the virus. Advice published by the National Health Commission last week includes supplementing ingredients commonly used by Chinese medicine practitioners with western medications.

There is still no known treatment for the disease, which was first identified in Wuhan in central China, and has spread to 25 other countries around the world. Without a one-size-fits-all solution, some doctors and individuals are turning to traditional Chinese medicine, sparking debates about the effectiveness and safety of these remedies.

Does TCM work?

"There is this tension between what's identified in one medicine and what's identified in ours," Shelley Ochs, a TCM practitioner in Beijing, told DW. Ochs, who received her Ph.D. from the China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences, said professionals trained in TCM have a different set of considerations when it comes to identifying, fighting, and preventing disease.

"We're targeting the symptoms the person exhibits and we're targeting the whole pattern."

The Health Commission is promoting traditional medicine after it was used during the SARS outbreak in 2003 for patients who suffered bone deterioration due to the aftereffects of steroid use.

The effort is part of China's broader push to rejuvenate and spread the practice of Chinese medicine, a market that's expected to bring in an estimated €397 billion ($433 billion) in sales revenues in 2020, according to China's State Council Information Office.

But some medical professionals have responded to China's push to revive traditional medicine with skepticism — arguing that ingredients used in TCM treatments lack regulation and testing.

After the WHO added a section on traditional medicine to its reference document on medicine last year, two groups of European experts from the Federation of European Academies of Medicine and the European Academies Science Advisory Council published a joint statement urging the WHO to reconsider.

Western skepticism

"Although there has been some convergence there is no agreed international standard to allow collection of comparable data between countries and no common starting point for testing efficacy of interventions or monitoring safety," the statement said.

The Chinese Health Commission's recommendations for utilizing traditional ingredients also come at a time when misinformation and unverified cures for the coronavirus are widespread. The WHO has tried to stomp down on false remedies, like those circulating online that claim garlic and sesame oil offer protection against the virus.
Infografik Coronavirus Mythen Tatsachen Knoblauch EN

Ming Lei, a professor in the Department of Pharmacology at Oxford University, said the benefits of traditional Chinese medicine are recognized in his field when it comes to mining ingredients for new medications. But the timeline for treating the novel coronavirus makes acquiring new pharmaceuticals with these ingredients unrealistic. "Components could be useful but they take a long time to develop," Lei said.

Meanwhile, China has begun testing remdesivir, an antiviral drug produced by the American pharmaceutical company Gilead, which has not been approved for use but has shown positive results.

Experts say that mixing traditional medicine with Western anti-viral drugs may be a recipe for success

Despite divergent approaches between Chinese and western medicine, Ochs said it's not uncommon for the two forms to be used in tandem; Traditional medicine is integrated into many public hospitals in China, and TCM doctors in China are trained in western medicine. Given there's no definitive cure yet, Ochs sees a mixed approach as a good option for treating the symptoms of the coronavirus, depending on their severity.

Ochs has faith in the health benefits of TCM for her family; They are drinking pear juice to moisten the lungs, eating congee to keep the digestive system healthy, and taking Yu Ping Feng San, an herbal formula for immune support, at the first sign of a cold.

But Ochs said she's also seeking information from specific case studies to learn more about the disease and how it manifests. "I really would take into account what we know about the course of illness," she said, noting that using traditional medicine doesn't mean she is ignoring science emerging from other fields. "You'd be doing your patient a disservice."

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-can-traditional-chinese-medicine-help-fight-the-disease/a-52337292

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » February 16th, 2020, 12:06 pm

redmanjp wrote:
SMc wrote:^^I think he means 2% of the infected people not the entire population of a country.

yeah but if this ting so contagious that everyone will eventually get it then it will BECOME 2% of the entire population.

Outside of China the rate is 0.5%

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » February 16th, 2020, 1:01 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
redmanjp wrote:

In Trinidad hospitals it go be 5%. Ppl does dead in Mt. Hope for no reason.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » February 16th, 2020, 1:03 pm

redmanjp wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
redmanjp wrote:

In Trinidad hospitals it go be 5%. Ppl does dead in Mt. Hope for no reason.

That's why I plan to go private or jus stay home and rest yes.

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » February 16th, 2020, 1:11 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
redmanjp wrote:

Wouldn't doubt it at all

redmanjp wrote:

For redmanjp- what percentage of the population in China or even Wuhan as a standalone province have contracted the disease? Wuhan has over 10 million people- if they have around 70K diagnosed cases at the moment (in China- not just Wuhan) that would mean that around .007% of the population has it (if it were all of China it would be more like 0.0005%) - of that 2% has dies as a result.

Put that in TT dollars- Taking a population of circa 1.5 million @ a .7% rate, we looking at 10.5K infrected people, in Wuhan the death rate is about 2% so over here we looking at around 200 people at that rate, if we look at rates outside China at around .5% its closer to 50 people. Keep in mind the virus was detected last year in Wuhan and nothing was done until lat month.

Any death attributed to this virus is really unfortunate, especially if its someone you or someone you know knows, but reality is scaremongering and misinformation isn't going to help anyone. Just follow the guild-lines, keep yourself clean and overall just be responsible and allow everyone who knows what they doing to do it.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » February 16th, 2020, 1:47 pm

the difference in the rate in mortality rate has to do with the incubation period. Hubei was infected a few weeks further ahead of the rest of the world, meaning more cases have played out to either death or recovery.

Put another way, I can inject 1,000,000 people with ebola and claim a 0% mortality rate the day after. Check back in a few weeks and the mortality rate would be different.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » February 16th, 2020, 1:56 pm

^exactly. wait 2 weeks which is the incubation period- u will see more deaths worldwide

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » February 16th, 2020, 1:57 pm

N95 mask price on Amazon

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » February 16th, 2020, 1:59 pm

like i need to setup an alert- price drop to $1 for like a few hours some days ago!

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » February 16th, 2020, 2:10 pm

paid_influencer wrote:the difference in the rate in mortality rate has to do with the incubation period. Hubei was infected a few weeks further ahead of the rest of the world, meaning more cases have played out to either death or recovery.

Put another way, I can inject 1,000,000 people with ebola and claim a 0% mortality rate the day after. Check back in a few weeks and the mortality rate would be different.

Not so simple, they use lots of sampling techniques and advanced models to take this into consideration. So the mortality rate as it is stands is what I stated

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 16th, 2020, 2:25 pm

redmanjp wrote:N95 mask price on Amazon

wow from fluctuation in price US 99c to $100

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » February 16th, 2020, 2:46 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
redmanjp wrote:N95 mask price on Amazon

wow from fluctuation in price US 99c to $100

the price drop is cause it didnt have any in stock. everyting was not available.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 16th, 2020, 3:37 pm

yeah
you just cant say 2% infected gonna dead although it is a kinda rule of thumb.
Its usually the elderly and persons with compromised immune systems who die first.

Dohplaydat wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:the difference in the rate in mortality rate has to do with the incubation period. Hubei was infected a few weeks further ahead of the rest of the world, meaning more cases have played out to either death or recovery.

Not so simple, they use lots of sampling techniques and advanced models to take this into consideration. So the mortality rate as it is stands is what I stated

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » February 16th, 2020, 4:04 pm

pugboy wrote:yeah
you just cant say 2% infected gonna dead although it is a kinda rule of thumb.
Its usually the elderly and persons with compromised immune systems who die first.

Dohplaydat wrote:

Or perhaps anyone with underlying health issue but we have a lot of ppl like that here. So if even 75% of population get it by year end how much will die?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”