TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Do you think Health Insurance is worth it in Trinidad?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Do you think Health Insurance is worth it in Trinidad?

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » February 18th, 2020, 3:42 pm

I keep hearing mixed feelings about it, on one hand it is usually the same doctors in Mt Hope that work private an the treatment is no different most of the time. Some say you could end up dying in Mt Hope on the wait time, but my experience in Mt Hope for minor surgery was been very positive. My grandmother did eye surgery in Mt Hope and it was very good, my mother did internal surgery and got amazing treatment.

On the other hand I hear stories about private health insurance not covering your bill, in many cases you end up paying over $10,000 out of your own pocket even with good insurance, so at that point you would be paying for private insurance but could end up getting the surgery in mt hope and save the $10,000.

What would you guys say? how much exactly would one spend on average for these insurance? and what happens when you cross the age of 64? does the cost go up significantly? do they kick you out of the program?

What if you already have existing conditions do you need to tell them about it when applying? I assume doing so would increase the cost dramatically?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Do you think Health Insurance is worth it in Trinidad?

Postby rspann » February 18th, 2020, 5:26 pm

When your treatment needs to be done abroad and you are asked to pay $70g USD as a deposit for tests alone, get back to me.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » February 18th, 2020, 5:42 pm

rspann wrote:When your treatment needs to be done abroad and you are asked to pay $70g USD as a deposit for tests alone, get back to me.

insurance really going to pay that tho?

Hyperion
Riding on 17's

Postby Hyperion » February 18th, 2020, 5:49 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
rspann wrote:When your treatment needs to be done abroad and you are asked to pay $70g USD as a deposit for tests alone, get back to me.

insurance really going to pay that tho?

yes. Sagicor. When it comes to health insurance you get what you pay for.

Sagicor is more expensive than the other companies, but when you in trouble you realise how good the coverage is.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 18th, 2020, 5:58 pm

Dis gonna be one long-ass topic.
Short answer- depends on how much coverage you want, what kinda coverage you want, and what company you go with.

Some companies premiums spike significantly when you reach as low as 55 due to the increased chances of major illnesses befalling you (coronary, malignant tumors, renal failure, diabetes and it's complications, etc. Basically any serious medical condition that would occur to you closer to your retirement) and many will cease to insure you by 65, especially if you make a couple major claims.

I know a guy in his late 50's right now that in d process of putting one company in court for their failure to pay for his expenses relating to thoracic surgery. Hos total bill was over 500K for surgeons fees, theater, anaesthesia, hospital stay in ICU for 2 weeks, theater, meds, etc. He said that they sent him a check for less than 150k, and his contract clearly states that they supposed to reimburse him 65% of his costs, and they saying his bills exceed what they think they should pay according to their "fair and reasonable costs" schedule. And this man used care providers on the insurance company "network" eh. Last we spoke he said that they offered him
Big man, health insurance in this country is a con, anybody who says otherwise just on shite cuz they fraid they get fired or cut commissions. Want to prove me wrong? Tell any one of them you want to sign up with that you want a copy of their fair and reasonable cost listing, see if you ever get it, even after you sign up with them.
Better you invest in a small life insurance, and save as much money as you can like yuh life depended on it, and make full use of the public health care system.
Cuz when insurance say they not paying any more, if you don't have the cash to pay for health care at any of the local private hospitals they calling an ambulance for you and is directly to the nearest public hospital where they gonna send you.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » February 18th, 2020, 6:01 pm

what are the age limit for health insurance ? i tried to get life ins from guardian and i get blank cause :
1- age
2-smoker
3- current health

i heard that after death the ins comp try to find ways out of paying and would them refund all the payments the client paid over the years to the family. example if i didnt tell them i smoke and i die from smoking related disease they will not pay and refund all the payments i made. do heath insurance have the same pattern ?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 18th, 2020, 6:13 pm

insurance is a hustle. it doesnt matter if u wear a suit or rubber slippers on the corner. they will all take ur money, and when u want it back, they will all try to dock out of that.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 18th, 2020, 6:14 pm

88sins wrote:Dis gonna be one long-ass topic.
Short answer- depends on how much coverage you want, what kinda coverage you want, and what company you go with.

Some companies premiums spike significantly when you reach as low as 55 due to the increased chances of major illnesses befalling you (coronary, malignant tumors, renal failure, diabetes and it's complications, etc. Basically any serious medical condition that would occur to you closer to your retirement) and many will cease to insure you by 65, especially if you make a couple major claims.

I know a guy in his late 50's right now that in d process of putting one company in court for their failure to pay for his expenses relating to thoracic surgery. Hos total bill was over 500K for surgeons fees, theater, anaesthesia, hospital stay in ICU for 2 weeks, theater, meds, etc. He said that they sent him a check for less than 150k, and his contract clearly states that they supposed to reimburse him 65% of his costs, and they saying his bills exceed what they think they should pay according to their "fair and reasonable costs" schedule. And this man used care providers on the insurance company "network" eh. Last we spoke he said that they offered him
Big man, health insurance in this country is a con, anybody who says otherwise just on shite cuz they fraid they get fired or cut commissions. Want to prove me wrong? Tell any one of them you want to sign up with that you want a copy of their fair and reasonable cost listing, see if you ever get it, even after you sign up with them.
Better you invest in a small life insurance, and save as much money as you can like yuh life depended on it, and make full use of the public health care system.
Cuz when insurance say they not paying any more, if you don't have the cash to pay for health care at any of the local private hospitals they calling an ambulance for you and is directly to the nearest public hospital where they gonna send you.

u could pm which one it is, owah?

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » February 18th, 2020, 7:00 pm

WOW thank you so much, you just saved me a lifetime of wasting my money. I actually suspected it is a scam I remember this one time a woman was pestering me to take health insurance she was selling because she so want that commission, after I get fedup of her she said take pension plan for when I reach 65, I told her I don't plan on living past 55. She had that dumb stare on her face when she heard that and didn't bother me again.

These things really are a scam, my brother have health insurance for him and his family he pays like nearly $100 a week its supposed to be one of the best in the country if not the best, and every time he has to go to the doctor or his kids they end up going to the public health facility in St Helena, that alone just goes to show you.

Thank you again for confirming to me what I have long suspected, I am eternally grateful for this advice.

I will do what I have always been doing, eating healthy, getting exercise I bought skipping rope on Amazon for $10 and I skip my life out until I can't make again. I plan on doing this until I dead, will leave everything else up to Chance, Mt Hope and whatever evolution has destined my faith to be.

I was in Mt Hope last week and I saw the condition of people, both legs amputated, soiling themselves, urinating themselves, suffering and screaming in agony. The things I found in common after observing was Obesity and age especially age. This confirms aging is a disease. Had this old woman on a wheelchair, both legs cut out, blind, wearing diaper and a hose coming out of her to drain the waste and she screaming in agony. Was one of the most horrific things I have seen, noway I letting that happen rather put a bullet in my brain than suffer like that, but before using a bullet I will make sure keep my blood sugar under control and exercise rigorously every day and go vegan this is all I could think of in all honesty to avoid the faith of the people I have seen. Can't get that sh!t out of my mind nah boy, dunno what else to do to become healthier, maybe avoid exposure to vehicle carbon monoxide on the roads by only using AC? dunno I try my best to avoid being around people that smoke cigarette, I stopped drinking alcohol also.

Country_Bookie
punchin NOS

Postby Country_Bookie » February 18th, 2020, 7:38 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:

WOW thank you so much, you just saved me a lifetime of wasting my money. I actually suspected it is a scam I remember this one time a woman was pestering me to take health insurance she was selling because she so want that commission, after I get fedup of her she said take pension plan for when I reach 65, I told her I don't plan on living past 55. She had that dumb stare on her face when she heard that and didn't bother me again.

These things really are a scam, my brother have health insurance for him and his family he pays like nearly $100 a week its supposed to be one of the best in the country if not the best, and every time he has to go to the doctor or his kids they end up going to the public health facility in St Helena, that alone just goes to show you.

Thank you again for confirming to me what I have long suspected, I am eternally grateful for this advice.

I will do what I have always been doing, eating healthy, getting exercise I bought skipping rope on Amazon for $10 and I skip my life out until I can't make again. I plan on doing this until I dead, will leave everything else up to Chance, Mt Hope and whatever evolution has destined my faith to be.

I was in Mt Hope last week and I saw the condition of people, both legs amputated, soiling themselves, urinating themselves, suffering and screaming in agony. The things I found in common after observing was Obesity and age especially age. This confirms aging is a disease. Had this old woman on a wheelchair, both legs cut out, blind, wearing diaper and a hose coming out of her to drain the waste and she screaming in agony. Was one of the most horrific things I have seen, noway I letting that happen rather put a bullet in my brain than suffer like that, but before using a bullet I will make sure keep my blood sugar under control and exercise rigorously every day and go vegan this is all I could think of in all honesty to avoid the faith of the people I have seen. Can't get that sh!t out of my mind nah boy, dunno what else to do to become healthier, maybe avoid exposure to vehicle carbon monoxide on the roads by only using AC? dunno I try my best to avoid being around people that smoke cigarette, I stopped drinking alcohol also.
Explain to us how u plan on not living past 55. Do u have a terminal illness or do u plan to take ur own life at that time?

On the topic at hand, I have health insurance with cardea. Thankfully I've never had to ask them to pay for any significant medical expenses but they cover the regular GP and dental visits. My only issue is their coverage for dental is minimal, $2k a year.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » February 18th, 2020, 7:38 pm

Insurance is not a scam-you just have to be realistic of what you are getting into.

All plans need to have limits-and if you find this out AFTER the fact....then its on you.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » February 18th, 2020, 8:01 pm

Country_Bookie wrote:Explain to us how u plan on not living past 55. Do u have a terminal illness or do u plan to take ur own life at that time?

On the topic at hand, I have health insurance with cardea. Thankfully I've never had to ask them to pay for any significant medical expenses but they cover the regular GP and dental visits. My only issue is their coverage for dental is minimal, $2k a year.

No you misunderstand, I said to her I don't plan on living past 55 so she would stop nagging me to buy retirement pension for 65, I just wanted her to stop harassing me to buy some shitty ass plan so she can get commission, better I spend that money on hookers in spanish harlem than buy into her SCAM.

I see nothing wrong taking your own life giving the reasons are good enough. Would you be opposed to something taking their own life if they are old, living in agony and near bed ridden? I don't think any logical person would have an issue with that, what if you got into an accident and you became blind and confined to a wheel chair for life? all those are valid reasons to shoot yourself. I eh know about men who drink lanate tho them have real belly for that sh!t.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 18th, 2020, 9:09 pm

screwbash wrote:what are the age limit for health insurance ? i tried to get life ins from guardian and i get blank cause :
1- age
2-smoker
3- current health

i heard that after death the ins comp try to find ways out of paying and would them refund all the payments the client paid over the years to the family. example if i didnt tell them i smoke and i die from smoking related disease they will not pay and refund all the payments i made. do heath insurance have the same pattern ?

Sagicor actually said flat no they cannot insure me because of the nature of my job. I climb poles and work with high voltage. I was in the process of changing jobs then so I got the policy when I changed jobs.

I don't blame them nah, kinda sh!t I been exposed to, I didnt see myself living long.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » February 18th, 2020, 9:10 pm

Yes, especially if you are a family man, or intend to become one.
Get the best coverage you can afford.
If you work with a company, find out about your benefits and limitations.
If you want your own private plan - shop around.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » February 19th, 2020, 4:35 am

i think its a ponzi scheme that is legal. a few big boys take yuh money and invest it and neva have to work and make billions and when you need it back you cant get it just like clico. lawerence livin it large and seems even the police cant touch him.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 19th, 2020, 5:28 am

^you are correct, that is what insurance companies do, take you small payments
reinvest and gamble to make a profit and also be able to pay you with the hope that you dont get sick and make claims
and of course try not to pay you.

you really need to read the fine print and know what you are getting into when taking out insurance.

As I said before critical illness insurance is probably more important than general health insurance in the long run.

A padna wife god stomach cancer and Sagicor covered her very well for a couple surgeries and radiation treatment.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » February 19th, 2020, 6:21 am

SAGICOR
Attachments
2020-02-19 06.19.54.png

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » February 19th, 2020, 6:45 am

1000s of people benefit from the financial support gained from Health Plans.
Every day.

Highlighting people that have issues is a one sided way of looking at it.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 19th, 2020, 6:55 am

Redman wrote:Insurance is not a scam-you just have to be realistic of what you are getting into.

All plans need to have limits-and if you find this out AFTER the fact....then its on you.

Understandable & acceptable. Zero argument with that.

BUT...

There are in fact limits on medical procedures that insurance companies will NEVER tell you about up front, whether you signed on with them or not. See that "fair & reasonable costs schedule" I mentioned? It's basically a listing of what they think a procedure should cost, not what a well trained, very experienced surgeon would charge for a procedure. So when you hear many of them say "we will reimburse you 80% of medical costs", they actually mean 80% of whatever they think you should have paid according to their schedule. We can all assume, if one is proactive emough to have health insurance, then one would be wise enough to seek out the most experienced & successful treatment options. The fees that a dr with 3 years xp would charge for a procedure when compared to a dr with 30 years xp & a good track record are not going to be the same or even similar.
Awhile back I asked a specific person tuner that openly stated he was with a specific insurer to post that companies fair & reasonable cost schedule, & iirc his response was (paraphrasing here a bit) that he couldn't because that is the company's confidential internal documents blah blah blah, & to post up that company's confidential internal documents wouldn't go over well for him could get him dismissed or something such. So my question is why keep such a document a secret from clients?

Another thing, if you notice, quite a lot of them say they will reimburse medical costs. The lack of the word 'your' is intentional.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » February 19th, 2020, 7:14 am

So is it realistic to expect unlimited coverage for a few hundred a month?

Again it’s the buyers responsibility to know what they buying.
80% calculated how, on what , let me see the print.....al are valid upfront questions.

We have to take the responsibility of becoming aware of the details...and

The 80% that is covered compares how to the premium s paid?

The actual outlaw by an individual will never be close to what the plan pays out.

Oh no affiliation with any financial entity...although I have a SFC plan.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » February 19th, 2020, 7:27 am

Redman wrote:Insurance is a scam-you just have to be realistic of what you are getting into. when it comes to your CAr insurance!

Dental alone can be worth it if you have bad teeth and gums, dental implants, root canals crowns..etc..... if you wear prescription glasses and have to change them annually ....etc.....

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » February 19th, 2020, 8:04 am

i never use to take on insurance and say its a waste of money

then after i get robbed twice and my store broken into twice and everyone get arrested and i help the police with a few other things...i say my life more than likely to end abruptly or i might pick up some bullets

so right now i heavily insured for everything......
life...health....

hoping the wife eh kill meh to collect

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 19th, 2020, 8:09 am

yuh put she name as beneficiary ?

note that you cant remove her name afterwards without their consent
just saying

Phone Surgeon wrote:i never use to take on insurance and say its a waste of money

then after i get robbed twice and my store broken into twice and everyone get arrested and i help the police with a few other things...i say my life more than likely to end abruptly or i might pick up some bullets

so right now i heavily insured for everything......
life...health....

hoping the wife eh kill meh to collect

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » February 19th, 2020, 8:11 am

on another note, i made my wife take out the highest level admed police....
i think thats 400 or 500 a month?

1 month after taking it out, a carnival sunday she get sick, done have tickets for moka that we decide to give away
she eh wanna go mt hope to suffer for hours

we gone medical associates.....$1000 deductible
drips, blood tests, doctor come by 3-4 times, more drips, tablets, some $5000 scan
diagnosis- nothing
total bill to admed $1000

she start to feel better that evening and we get sent home, up to now we eh know what it was

take in this video
his bill was 20k plus...

on another note, i made my wife take out the highest level admed police....
i think thats 400 or 500 a month?

1 month after taking it out, a carnival sunday she get sick, done have tickets for moka that we decide to give away
she eh wanna go mt hope to suffer for hours

we gone medical associates.....$1000 deductible
drips, blood tests, doctor come by 3-4 times, more drips, tablets, some $5000 scan
diagnosis- nothing
total bill to admed $9000

she start to feel better that evening and we get sent home, up to now we eh know what it was

take in this video
his bill was 20k plus...

Last edited by Chimera on February 19th, 2020, 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 19th, 2020, 8:12 am

insurance in general should always be considered and measured carefully.

I have had the bad luck of experiencing TWO property fire damages within a week in 2015
nobody would ever think that could happen to themselves

likewise all those folks who got flooded out two years ago and 99% in rural areas have no insurance
yet basic general flood insurance is a few hundred dollars per year with coverage more than enough for appliances and furniture.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 19th, 2020, 8:14 am

Nobody saying that you get unlimited coverage, just that it's almost impossible to know how much they will pay beforehand without pre-certification. So if you want to make sure you get value for your money from your policy, you have to get a costing from your dr and pharmacy, send in to ask how much they will cover, then proceed with your medical care. 99.99'% of people have no time for all that bs.

Basically, the way most of them would like it is that you have to get the ok from them in advance on how much your care would cost, and if it's more than they pay out for that particular procedure then you already know you would get shafted in advance and still went ahead anyway, so you have to eat that cost and be fine with it.
The problem is that getting a precert in advance can't happen every time you have a medical expense, and it's a PITA.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » February 19th, 2020, 8:17 am

i have a friend who had health and life insurance

she got cancer and they were repeatedly paying for different tests and surgeries etc

they write her and hit her a 100k and tell her they are now deeming her uninsurable after like a 2 years of paying her bills

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » February 19th, 2020, 8:21 am

another padna of mine was in a truck accident, legs get crushed BADLY,his family at the scene thought they were cut off, when he went mt hope the staff there tell him they hadda wait a 6 hours for specialist to reach and honestly by that time he might lose both legs

he gone st augustine medical, when they see him, they wanted 50k up front to even start work on him

cash hadda find and cards hadda swipe all around

he end up spending more than a month there and his bill there was near 1million

every time it reach 50-100k, they hit him the bill

12k for this machine, 5k for this specialist, room was 2k a night i think
drips is 1k?

his legs saved though

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 19th, 2020, 9:06 am

hope he was able to claim something back through vehicle insurance as well

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » February 19th, 2020, 9:16 am

pugboy wrote:hope he was able to claim something back through vehicle insurance as well
If he was not liable in the accident OR if he was a passenger then for sure he is entitled to insurance compensation via the motor vehicle third party bodily injury benefits on the policy.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”