TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Chiney
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby Chiney » February 24th, 2020, 11:58 am

Lol

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 24th, 2020, 2:18 pm

Ah hear this is ah Neil Kool.

Customer wanna haggle with me and tell me the units can fit. I told them it can't. So they took me next door and show me it can fit.

I take pic, I ask if it have warranty, units get write off one time.

Hard luck dey Neil.

If you can't open the unit to do repairs or service how you expect to get warranty? Image

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 24th, 2020, 2:19 pm

IMG_20200222_184320.jpg

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » February 24th, 2020, 2:24 pm

Whoever installed that like dey feel it was Tetris dey playing.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » February 24th, 2020, 3:53 pm

^^
:D :D

Some people like it so :!:

INHUMAN
Riding on 18's

Postby INHUMAN » February 25th, 2020, 11:14 am

It aint right if it aint tight

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 1st, 2020, 10:35 am

Need some advice.

I have a 24000 but Lennox unit as pictured. It's about 5 years old and for about 4 of those years it never worked as expected. Blowing too cold, too warm, icing up regularly, developed leaks on the coils, needed to be regassed.... Right now it's blowing cool and not cold regardless of the set temperature.

I'm thinking to replace it. On average, it runs from about 8pm to 8am and perhaps a couple of hours in the day. So figure 15 hours in average.

What will you recommend to replace with? The room size is about 14 ft X 21 ft with 9 feet ceiling.

I'd like to replace with a good unit that will last for more than 7 years. I am one who believes that the known brands, Trane, Daikin, Carrier, Rheem, Panasonic, etc. tend to be better but am willing to consider other brands if it fits the bill. Also, I'm looking at inverter units if it makes sense.

What is recommended?

Nerve.... You're up
IMG_20200301_102341606.jpeg

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » March 1st, 2020, 5:03 pm

^^

Go find the person or company who did the installation ..

Lennox are the BEST units ..

Made in USA .. others from China and are cheap and ALL plastic .

Plastic ones are disposable ..

Disposable a Bic Razor ..

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » March 1st, 2020, 6:58 pm

carluva wrote:Need some advice.

I have a 24000 but Lennox unit as pictured. It's about 5 years old and for about 4 of those years it never worked as expected. Blowing too cold, too warm, icing up regularly, developed leaks on the coils, needed to be regassed.... Right now it's blowing cool and not cold regardless of the set temperature.

I'm thinking to replace it. On average, it runs from about 8pm to 8am and perhaps a couple of hours in the day. So figure 15 hours in average.

What will you recommend to replace with? The room size is about 14 ft X 21 ft with 9 feet ceiling.

I'd like to replace with a good unit that will last for more than 7 years. I am one who believes that the known brands, Trane, Daikin, Carrier, Rheem, Panasonic, etc. tend to be better but am willing to consider other brands if it fits the bill. Also, I'm looking at inverter units if it makes sense.

What is recommended?

Nerve.... You're up IMG_20200301_102341606.jpeg
I can only speak of my experience but I had a Carrier 2T inverter installed mid 2019 and have had no regrets. Cools and dehumidifies comfortably. It is extremely quiet. The condenser in particular, you wouldn't know if was on unless you went directly up next to it. I tend to have the same preference as you WRT known brands.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 1st, 2020, 8:55 pm

NR8, who did you get the unit from and who did the installation?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 1st, 2020, 11:33 pm

First off, red vevo, the lennox units we get here are made in china.

WRT lennox and daikin units having smaller compressors and lower rated capacity, the capacity is true and not exaggerated unlike other brands.

I had made an issue over lennox and daikin having 11200 btu compressors in the 12000 btu units among others but literature arrived from the engineers to represent their claims that it can do rated capacity.

FUN FACT: Lennox and Daikin have their own engineers that design their units. There are little tid bits here and there that gives them the edge over others.

I had discontinued the line after opening the systems and seeing inside but reintroducing them after ole talking with the manager Friday.

Secondly, I only getting back on my feet this week. Have to get my stitches out and clear up the back log with the guys.

What is recommended?

I can get you Trane, by order only. price is like $9k for a 12000 btu, but....12 years warranty.

The inverter units are not units they can go to china and say they want x'y and z cheaped out on. They are made to operate between certain parameters and cannot be modified to do otherwise, so you get what you pay for.

I'd say pick your poison between lennox, daikin, gree, innovair and carrier inverter units.

Leaks develop on coils when the systems aren't vacuumed for the removal of all air from the lines. Water from water vapor reacts with the oil forming an acid that breaks down the coils from inside and the compressor insulation windings.
I vaccume all new systems to 500 microns an under or no valves arent opened.
The talk that the cheaper units fail faster or develop leaks is nonsense. I stayed clear of cheaper brands because they always have leaks.
The man that teach me this work have a GE unit home. A brand known for problems and failure with burn compressor and leaks on coils. Not one f**king problem and its been years,
Why? because he follow procedure and not shortcut like the men who hustling to make a change by flipping the cheapest they can find.

Third, beware of fake units on the market.
Doing a job for a friend, possibly a tuner and the neighbour come across to ask if we can service the units. I quote according to size of unit. He tell me is one size and I doubt him. What tipped me off is the tag in the wrong place, then the shell being the wrong shell. He told the tuner he paying plenty for his units and his units are sold at an affordable price.
An investigation has been launched into it so I cant say anymore right now. Its a popular place (not neil kool, neil units are legit stuff).

Fadakartel
Street 2NR

Postby Fadakartel » March 2nd, 2020, 1:25 am

Hmm i`m interested in the Green Energy AC unit.

Thinking of letting these guys do the install/supply https://www.facebook.com/Green-Energy-Air-Conditioning-198472481074363/

Any review on the Green Energy brand especially from those folks?

Also if anyone has it how much monthly does it cost you guys on AC utility bill without inverter?

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » March 2nd, 2020, 4:47 am

^^
A/C cost can double to triple your TTEC bill ..

Friends doing a solar connection similar to the Curepe Bypass solar lights set up ..

But the plan is to patent it first ..

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 2nd, 2020, 7:11 am

nervewrecker wrote:First off, red vevo, the lennox units we get here are made in china.

WRT lennox and daikin units having smaller compressors and lower rated capacity, the capacity is true and not exaggerated unlike other brands.

I had made an issue over lennox and daikin having 11200 btu compressors in the 12000 btu units among others but literature arrived from the engineers to represent their claims that it can do rated capacity.

FUN FACT: Lennox and Daikin have their own engineers that design their units. There are little tid bits here and there that gives them the edge over others.

I had discontinued the line after opening the systems and seeing inside but reintroducing them after ole talking with the manager Friday.

Secondly, I only getting back on my feet this week. Have to get my stitches out and clear up the back log with the guys.

What is recommended?

I can get you Trane, by order only. price is like $9k for a 12000 btu, but....12 years warranty.

The inverter units are not units they can go to china and say they want x'y and z cheaped out on. They are made to operate between certain parameters and cannot be modified to do otherwise, so you get what you pay for.

I'd say pick your poison between lennox, daikin, gree, innovair and carrier inverter units.

Leaks develop on coils when the systems aren't vacuumed for the removal of all air from the lines. Water from water vapor reacts with the oil forming an acid that breaks down the coils from inside and the compressor insulation windings.
I vaccume all new systems to 500 microns an under or no valves arent opened.
The talk that the cheaper units fail faster or develop leaks is nonsense. I stayed clear of cheaper brands because they always have leaks.
The man that teach me this work have a GE unit home. A brand known for problems and failure with burn compressor and leaks on coils. Not one f**king problem and its been years,
Why? because he follow procedure and not shortcut like the men who hustling to make a change by flipping the cheapest they can find.

Third, beware of fake units on the market.
Doing a job for a friend, possibly a tuner and the neighbour come across to ask if we can service the units. I quote according to size of unit. He tell me is one size and I doubt him. What tipped me off is the tag in the wrong place, then the shell being the wrong shell. He told the tuner he paying plenty for his units and his units are sold at an affordable price.
An investigation has been launched into it so I cant say anymore right now. Its a popular place (not neil kool, neil units are legit stuff).

Nerve, so basically I am assuming that your recommendation is a Trane. The others Lennox, Daikin, Gree, Them, Carrier, etc are all in the same kettle and will work but won't give the service, reliability and performance of a Trane. Is that about correct?

Regarding the Trane, for the size of room I have, a 12000 BTU will work? Is that Trane unit you can source an inverter unit?

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » March 2nd, 2020, 10:52 am

carluva wrote:NR8, who did you get the unit from and who did the installation?

Atlantic Air distributes the Carrier inverter and can install for you. I have my own technician who supplied and installed it. PM me for the contact info if you wish.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 2nd, 2020, 3:20 pm

NR8 wrote:

Atlantic Air distributes the Carrier inverter and can install for you. I have my own technician who supplied and installed it. PM me for the contact info if you wish.

Check... Thanks

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 2nd, 2020, 9:16 pm

NR8 wrote:

Yes they are.
And yes they are one dealer.
Ansa also deals carrier.
Clamens and servair sell commercial units as well as Atlantic. I usually deal with Atlantic for my stuff.
And yes they do have their own installers and technicians.
My work also featured on thier page, just sayin :mrgreen:
And they do have people that can troubleshoot inverters despite the popular belief. I can name two off the top of my head that works there.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 2nd, 2020, 9:20 pm

Wasn't recommending Trane though. Just saying I can source it.

Take this into consideration. Was speaking to a client some time back. Was admiring his lancer. Said that's his knockabout vehicle. He had other cars (can't say what or I may end up in the lawsuit) that are way better. But when you need a part it parked up in the firm cuz you can't get a part. Lancer parts easy to find vs what he had.

I'd love to have Trane at home. But if a blower motor fails where I getting one? 90% of the units here share the same parts. I jack out parts from one brand and Jack it into another brand because I know boards are the same in some, sensors are the same etc. Ofc some men won't tell you that. How will they sell you the original part for a bigger markup?

You deduct from that what you will?

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 2nd, 2020, 9:59 pm

So in light of my original question, what will you recommend?
nervewrecker wrote:Wasn't recommending Trane though. Just saying I can source it.

Take this into consideration. Was speaking to a client some time back. Was admiring his lancer. Said that's his knockabout vehicle. He had other cars (can't say what or I may end up in the lawsuit) that are way better. But when you need a part it parked up in the firm cuz you can't get a part. Lancer parts easy to find vs what he had.

I'd love to have Trane at home. But if a blower motor fails where I getting one? 90% of the units here share the same parts. I jack out parts from one brand and Jack it into another brand because I know boards are the same in some, sensors are the same etc. Ofc some men won't tell you that. How will they sell you the original part for a bigger markup?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 2nd, 2020, 10:00 pm

Giving this away for free right now. Can someone please come and take it.
Gree inverter. Image

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 2nd, 2020, 10:06 pm

Free spider.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 2nd, 2020, 10:06 pm

In fact, let me rephrase my question. In light of the factors such as cost, brand, parts, reliability and performance, which unit is recommended that would offer a good balance of all these factors with minimal tradeoffs?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 2nd, 2020, 10:07 pm

carluva wrote:So in light of my original question, what will you recommend?
nervewrecker wrote:Wasn't recommending Trane though. Just saying I can source it.

Now seeing this.
I'd say choose between the Gree, Lennox, Daikin, Carrier and Innovair.

Parts may not be interchangeable between them but I can confirm Wilog has parts for their Lennox and Daikin.
Gree has parts for their units.
Carrier has parts for their units and Continental has parts for their units.
I have a Daikin board on my space saver right now and had an issue with an innovair inverter once, they hand me a brand new board from behind the counter. Wasn't the board though, their techs misdiagnosed it and it was just a sensor. They don't send anyone to check over my work since.
If you want I can link a price list in a few. Ball park figures and you pick your poison.

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » March 2nd, 2020, 10:08 pm

carluva wrote:
NR8 wrote:

Check... Thanks

Sent. My price was discounted but did include supply of trunking, rubbertex and tape insulation, vacuuming with micron gauge, proper bending of lines, etc. I have been dealing with the supplier for a number of years with numerous split units and their technicians' work sometimes left a lot to be desired, hence my reason to use my own guy. YMMV. Just ensure that any third party installer is an authorized re-seller so you can get your full warranty. On that unit it was 1 year on entire unit and 5 years on compressor.

FYI from what I've heard, the Intense Cool being marketed by Achievors seems to be a Carrier clone. Maybe others with experience can verify. I wasn't willing to take the chance as they were still fairly new on the market at the time but others looking for a low cost option may be so inclined. The Carrier inverter has an optional WiFi dongle for $400, not sure if the Intense Cool has that feature.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 2nd, 2020, 10:11 pm

Yes please on the prices.

My room is approximately 14 ft X 21 ft with 9 ft high ceilings. So please let me know the size that'll work for that space.

Thanks!
nervewrecker wrote:
carluva wrote:So in light of my original question, what will you recommend?

Now seeing this.
I'd say choose between the Gree, Lennox, Daikin, Carrier and Innovair.

Parts may not be interchangeable between them but I can confirm Wilog has parts for their Lennox and Daikin.
Gree has parts for their units.
Carrier has parts for their units and Continental has parts for their units.
I have a Daikin board on my space saver right now and had an issue with an innovair inverter once, they hand me a brand new board from behind the counter. Wasn't the board though, their techs misdiagnosed it and it was just a sensor. They don't send anyone to check over my work since.
If you want I can link a price list in a few. Ball park figures and you pick your poison.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 2nd, 2020, 10:16 pm

NR8 wrote:
carluva wrote:
NR8 wrote:

Check... Thanks

Sent. My price was discounted but did include supply of trunking, rubbertex and tape insulation, vacuuming with micron gauge, proper bending of lines, etc. I have been dealing with the supplier for a number of years with numerous split units and their technicians' work sometimes left a lot to be desired, hence my reason to use my own guy. YMMV. Just ensure that any third party installer is an authorized re-seller so you can get your full warranty. On that unit it was 1 year on entire unit and 5 years on compressor.

FYI from what I've heard, the Intense Cool being marketed by Achievors seems to be a Carrier clone. Maybe others with experience can verify. I wasn't willing to take the chance as they were still fairly new on the market at the time but others looking for a low cost option may be so inclined. The Carrier inverter has an optional WiFi dongle for $400, not sure if the Intense Cool has that feature.

Run that company name nah. Nothing wrong with calling name when you getting work like that done.
Last edited by nervewrecker on March 2nd, 2020, 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 2nd, 2020, 10:23 pm

Ballpark figures for

Innovair, Daikin, Lennox and Carrier 24000 btu $6800.00 installed
Gree 24000 btu $7000.00 installed

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » March 2nd, 2020, 10:23 pm

carluva wrote:Yes please on the prices.

X2 on the prices for 12000 BTU and 24000 BTU inverter units please, if you don't mind. Ground floor installations with standard 10' or less runs. Construction is ongoing so I would be looking to get them around midyear or so. Thanks.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 2nd, 2020, 10:31 pm

Prices for the 12000 btus are close to the same for all the 12's.

$4500.00 installed.

Worked on some midea units today and noticed the condenser motors are different. Started seeing a white 380V DC motors in most. My gree has a metal AC motor if im not mistaken. The newer ones carry the white DC ones.

Bear in mind the Gree 12000 inverter is larger than the rest by a sizeable amount, The evaporator on mine is larger than some men 24000 btu in the standard units.
Attachments
gree.jpg
gree 1.jpg

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 2nd, 2020, 10:36 pm

Those are ballpark for inverter units?
nervewrecker wrote:Ballpark figures for

Innovair, Daikin, Lennox and Carrier 24000 btu $6800.00 installed
Gree 24000 btu $7000.00 installed

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”