TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID-19” - 103 cases, 6 deaths confirmed in T&T

Postby Redman » April 4th, 2020, 7:29 pm

:D
This place.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 4th, 2020, 7:32 pm

I sneezed in price mart today, nearly gave a woman a heart attack.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » April 4th, 2020, 7:34 pm

Redman wrote:If an SOE is called...what we doing with people that break curfew?

Throw them in jail?

Like yuh want them go Hyatt.

Either serve jail or get fined a 10k or more. If you are covid+ and breaking quarantine, 50k.

As Max say, after some examples made and pockets get touch, people will fall in line.

ScHoolboySoloQ
Trinituner Peong

Postby ScHoolboySoloQ » April 4th, 2020, 7:42 pm

sMASH wrote:I sneezed in price mart today, nearly gave a woman a heart attack.

2 weeks ago in pricesmart i was asked to leave because my sinus was acting up. I was sneezing and only sniffling everybody start to scatter.

I told the staff it was my sinus but they still throw me out :|

In other words Trini people dotish

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » April 4th, 2020, 7:48 pm

Some people trying to bring race into this by naking this a doubles v 1% thing. All street food have been discouraged by WHO. Kfc etc are not street foods. Gov't didnt ban doubles, they banned gathering of crowds.

A doubles man will always encourage crowds or even traffick. Also a doubles seller mainly use their hands to prepare, handle and sell their food. This food is mainly eaten via the hands as well providing a direct pathway for the virus to enter the body.

Non essential people are not suppose to be outside except to access essential services. These essential services have workers who still need to buy food etc whilst working hence curbside pickup and take away.

Doubles sellers are technically loiterers because they set up a temporary structure at side of the road(tent etc). By that very nature they are in violation of the new regulations concerning gatherings.

computercentral
Trinituner Peong

Postby computercentral » April 4th, 2020, 7:52 pm

Like how kiss selling bread??

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » April 4th, 2020, 7:53 pm

ScHoolboySoloQ wrote:

2 weeks ago in pricesmart i was asked to leave because my sinus was acting up. I was sneezing and only sniffling everybody start to scatter.

Yeah man, they dotish. They supposed to believe you and take your word for it about your flu like symptoms.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » April 4th, 2020, 7:57 pm

computercentral wrote:Like how kiss selling bread??

Kiss still selling bread at the side of the road? Cause if you trying to argue illegal roadside vending then you opening a different can of worms.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 4th, 2020, 8:16 pm

They are just giving the police even more work to do and will eventually be giving the health care workers more work to do

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 4th, 2020, 8:25 pm

Strugglerzinc wrote:
ScHoolboySoloQ wrote:

Yeah man, they dotish. They supposed to believe you and take your word for it about your flu like symptoms.

Now when you sneeze its a steups and no longer “bless you”.

DTAC
18 pounds of Boost

Postby DTAC » April 4th, 2020, 8:48 pm

I don't know why they can't just have a 6pm - 5am curfew. If you out past that time you better have a damn compelling reason to be out. If you loitering then spend a night in the cells as would happen if they were drunk and disorderly.
You have things to do get it done in time or do it tomorrow.
Trinis respond to the stick, not the carrot. So a fixed time even Trinis can understand to be indoors by, because heaven knows Trinis can't seen to comprehend abstract things like "common sense" and "social distancing".
Plain and simple. You out between 6pm and 4am. Your a$$ grass.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 4th, 2020, 9:01 pm

DTAC wrote:I don't know why they can't just have a 6pm - 5am curfew. If you out past that time you better have a damn compelling reason to be out. If you loitering then spend a night in the cells as would happen if they were drunk and disorderly.
Trinis respond to the stick, not the carrot. So a fixed time even Trinis can understand to be indoors by, because heaven knows Trinis can't seen to comprehend abstract things like "common sense" and "social distancing".

It’s 5am to 6pm that they are having problems though.

Syberfraggle
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID-19” - 101 cases, 6 deaths confirmed in T&T

Postby Syberfraggle » April 4th, 2020, 9:18 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:I went looking in curepe for them this mrn lol....police already close them though.end up getting doubles in aranguezScreenshot_20200404-131618_Facebook.jpeg

Remember Gary doh like doubles...

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » April 4th, 2020, 9:26 pm

maybe we don't need that level of lockdown. You can put everybody under house arrest, but at some point you into the realm of diminishing returns. You might stop an additional handful of people from getting it, but at what economic and societal costs.

From the case numbers, we are doing well enough. Leaving out the Balandra group, our total case count is only up to 54 cases. Keep that in perspective, we shut down the country for a week for a total of 54 cases. We have no community spread here by the latest evidence. The number of local-spread cases are in single digits.

So maybe we don't need a lockdown, a SoE or a curfew. Maybe our current measures are working fine enough. Maybe even so well we can go back to work in a week to two and relax some restrictions. Like allowing funerals that involve more than 5 people. The current measures are already very draconian, keep that in mind.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Novel Coronavirus - “COVID-19” - 103 cases, 6 deaths confirmed in T&T

Postby MaxPower » April 4th, 2020, 9:31 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
DTAC wrote:I don't know why they can't just have a 6pm - 5am curfew. If you out past that time you better have a damn compelling reason to be out. If you loitering then spend a night in the cells as would happen if they were drunk and disorderly.

It’s 5am to 6pm that they are having problems though.

Exactly, and even a few minutes of congestion can go along way.

The goal is to completely, not kinda kinda, compleeeetely stop the crowds for at least 14 days and take it from there.

All who sick and dying, show yourselves.

Everyone else, for heavens, stay put.

We need that permanent wake up call badly.

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » April 4th, 2020, 9:40 pm

Seeing all these posts about being careful for your elders, but omg, its the old people out there who don't give a sheit. Walking straight up to you, touching everything, getting vex when people telling them to maintain distance.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » April 4th, 2020, 9:54 pm

goalpost wrote:Seeing all these posts about being careful for your elders, but omg, its the old people out there who don't give a sheit. Walking straight up to you, touching everything, getting vex when people telling them to maintain distance.

they are well versed in being Trini :drinking:

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » April 4th, 2020, 10:08 pm

IMO the Government has weakened its authority by vacillating and making some questionable decisions.

Ah mean, they're threatening to jail people who are out and about without just cause BUT in the same breath talking about releasing those already in jail to reduce spread due to overcrowding.

Honestly, who's going to take that threat seriously?

And even if they charge people, they expect to recover $ 50,000 from who...the fella in he brok-up old B13? They lucky if they get 50¢...:|

ST Auto
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby ST Auto » April 4th, 2020, 10:14 pm

91769770_3252587614771024_7958041097693822976_o.jpeg

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » April 4th, 2020, 10:14 pm

10PM update - still 103 for 6

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 4th, 2020, 10:39 pm

ScHoolboySoloQ wrote:

even if is allergies - u can also be infected & asymptomatic- while d virus not making u sneeze any sneeze or cough could expel a huge amount of droplets with the virus. I cyah blame them.

last week someone about 4-5 feet behind me awaiting food outside hearty foods arima had started coughing and i move away after a few seconds- next day i get diarrhea. at first i thought maybe d food i bought there was bad. but after a week i was still getting stomach discomfort so i call d covid hotline. dey tell me yes that is a symptom and i should leave mih tail home for a few days- though the 14 days should have started when i first got it.
Last edited by redmanjp on April 4th, 2020, 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 4th, 2020, 10:40 pm

so, how is T&T's curve looking? still no surge yet but maybe next week?

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » April 4th, 2020, 10:49 pm

The curve has in fact, steeply increased in this last 2 weeks with detected infections and deaths in Trinidad.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir ... nd-tobago/

As long as the quarantine is followed there should be no large uncontrolled numbers. Just a little discipline by our population and we will be lucky to get through this.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » April 4th, 2020, 10:52 pm

redmanjp wrote:so, how is T&T's curve looking? still no surge yet but maybe next week?

https://www.bing.com/covid/local/trinidadandtobago

looks more like a linear progression of about 5 cases/day in the last 2 weeks

many of the balandra group preparing for discharge, so we might even seen the curve go downwards

5493BB95-FAD7-4F78-AC99-FBD33802E0A1.jpeg

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » April 4th, 2020, 10:58 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
goalpost wrote:Seeing all these posts about being careful for your elders, but omg, its the old people out there who don't give a sheit. Walking straight up to you, touching everything, getting vex when people telling them to maintain distance.

they are well versed in being Trini :drinking:

Last week when i was still open, ah ole lady bring she 7 grand children to my shop for me to do work on her car.
Told her hard luck, come back when she by herself. She then start arguing about the govt say it could have 10 people in one place.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 4th, 2020, 11:05 pm

https://www.cnc3.co.tt/steady-rise-in-sale-of-sex-toys-2/

Steady rise in sale of sex toys
By CNC3 Editor -March 29, 2020

by Joel Julien

Since the arrival of COVID-19 on our shores, there has been a steady rise in the sale of sex toys locally, culminating in a massive climax last week, sex therapist Giriraj “Dr Raj” Ramnanan has revealed.

Ramnanan said rechargeable vibrators, penis pumps, and toys that could be enjoyed by couples have been the top sellers.

“What I have noticed because of this virus and is that a lot of people have to be by themselves and of course people have their needs and wants when it comes to their sexual health,” Ramnanan said.

But because in this country a “deputy” is considered essential as per the calypso by Seadley “Penguin” Joseph, Ramnanan said things were affected when this country recorded its first positive COVID-19 case.

“Remember a lot of Trinidadians have what you call a deputy or they have extra sexual activities taking place, for example, visiting houses of ill-repute all that has started to cut down about three weeks ago,” Ramnanan said.

“People don’t want to interact so the only way that they could really be satisfied in whatever exploits they may have is to self indulge which is masturbation or indulge with their partner at home in a particular way that may spice things up,” he said.

This has resulted in an increase in sales he said.

“So over the last two weeks, there was a steady increase in sales with people coming to buy all their enhancers and their toys and some who are regulars in buying toys they would look for something new, something more exciting,” Ramnanan said.

“Sales increased about 10 to 20 per cent in the first week of this thing happening and within the last week there was a tremendous spike of about a hundred per cent,” he said.

“That goes to show that people want to take care of their sexual health they want to make sure that they enjoy themselves while being under this lockdown and it is nothing to be frowned upon because sexual health is very important to individuals both psychologically and physically,” Ramnanan said.

Ramnanan said he believes the call for people to stay home will help couples currently experiencing problems in their relationship.

“You have individuals who will have to spend a little more time with their partner this is going to strengthen a lot of relationships this is going to help persons to overcome the little difficulties that they may have had in the past with their partner in terms of sexual compatibility and whatnot,” he said.

He said the sales figures showed that.

“There were very little selfish toys being sold there were more toys that partners could work with,” he said.

Ramnanan said while he personally has no issue with staying home he believes he offers an “essential service” for hundreds.

“I agree with the shutdown I’m just saying that something could have been done because of the clients that we have out there who need their sexual health. I am happy to stay at home and isolate myself and that’s fine because I am abiding by the law but I also have to think about my clients that I know that are in the hundreds who have a problem,” he said.

“It’s like a Catch 22, damned if you do, damned if you don’t,” Ramnanan said.

Ramnanan said he has been doing consultations via telephone and Skype.

He said his clinics stepped up their sanitisation measures to help curb the spread of COVID-19.

“Two weeks ago we were sanitizing our clinics, we were making sure that every client that came in were sanitised, we use alcohol-based wipes, even the money handed to us we sprayed going into the draw and sprayed coming out of the draw so we did a lot of internal sanitising because of the nature of the business also because we deal with health, whether it is sexual health or other health we deal with health. So we took it upon ourselves to be responsible,” he said.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » April 4th, 2020, 11:06 pm

"you suffer when you have this at home" - Chris Cuomo, the CNN anchor with COVID19.

"It is not ethically responsible to tell people 80% have mild symptoms" "it is not easy" "The beast comes at night" "pain in my face" "headaches" "vision in my right eye is affected" (sinus pressure) "can't sleep" "categorical experiences that are not dreams" (fever dreams)

"i am a waste" "i sleep 10 hours a night" "i walk constantly because I'm petrified of getting pneumonia"

He previously mentioned rigors- feeling very cold and shivering (teeth clanking) when fever temperatures comes on.

apparently chicken soup is a good treatment. I should've bought that instead of the 40 cans of red beans.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 5th, 2020, 12:42 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:They are just giving the police even more work to do and will eventually be giving the health care workers more work to do

who will they catch it from? if all the cases are isolated/quarantined?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 5th, 2020, 12:49 am

sMASH wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:They are just giving the police even more work to do and will eventually be giving the health care workers more work to do

who will they catch it from? if all the cases are isolated/quarantined?

Who said all the cases are isolated/quarantined?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 5th, 2020, 12:50 am

^^MoH, by their test criteria.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”