TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID-19” - 112 cases, 8 deaths confirmed in T&T

Postby MaxPower » April 12th, 2020, 11:32 am

Dizzy28 wrote:They were not?
MaxPower wrote:^ We in a pandemic though

Clearly not.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 12th, 2020, 11:42 am

It doesn't mean we need to go against human rights. It is actually illegal according to the International Law to deny citizens entry into their own country.

All this blame and shame people sending them, when if you look at the flight stats, 10-15k left after they left on Feb 27th and returned to Trinidad before the lockdown. They just had a longer trip due to the itinerary. Those travelling after carnival Tue were not blamed, including the PM, Ian Allen, half of we soca stars, sportsmen etc. almost all who did not self-quarantine. But everyone is calling this group, stupid, ignorant, deserving of Covid. I have not seen a single country blame it's citizens for traveling during this time. Yet we trinis always seem to know best because they knew someone who cancelled their trip (when 9 out of 10 people didn't).

This is not political, but it is absolutely clear which party holds the right view on this (just like they didn't when they seemed to support bar owners opening).

CAL was more than willing to send a jet to get them, Stuarty said no out of fear. It's fine making decisions like this out of an abundance of caution, but you telling me we couldn't find facilities and resources to quarantine them for 14 days? None of them developed Covid-19 either so wtf you doing, bring them back now.

As for the ones in Margarita, I'd bring them back too, but at a later date and higher cost to them.

Also, FYI every country that locked it's borders to citizens (and I really do think it's a handful), gave at least 2-4 weeks notice. How much did we give? 4 days......

During the closure, the Government (Guyana) granted permission for a chartered flight from Barbados to land at the Eugene Correia Airport at Ogle, East Coast Demerara on March 25 with Guyanese passengers.

There were 14 adults and three children on the flight. Some of them were students while others were on vacation. They were placed in quarantined and subsequently released.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » April 12th, 2020, 11:47 am

I can't believe I am saying this but... I agree with you. Common sense should prevail here.

In the absence of logic it has to be politics at play.
Dohplaydat wrote:

It doesn't mean we need to go against human rights. It is actually illegal according to the International Law to deny citizens entry into their own country.

All this blame and shame people sending them, when if you look at the flight stats, 10-15k left after they left on Feb 27th and returned to Trinidad before the lockdown. They just had a longer trip due to the itinerary. Those travelling after carnival Tue were not blamed, including the PM, Ian Allen, half of we soca stars, sportsmen etc. almost all who did not self-quarantine. But everyone is calling this group, stupid, ignorant, deserving of Covid. I have not seen a single country blame it's citizens for traveling during this time. Yet we trinis always seem to know best because they knew someone who cancelled their trip (when 9 out of 10 people didn't).

This is not political, but it is absolutely clear which party holds the right view on this (just like they didn't when they seemed to support bar owners opening).

CAL was more than willing to send a jet to get them, Stuarty said no out of fear. It's fine making decisions like this out of an abundance of caution, but you telling me we couldn't find facilities and resources to quarantine them for 14 days? None of them developed Covid-19 either so wtf you doing, bring them back now.

As for the ones in Margarita, I'd bring them back too, but at a later date and higher cost to them.

Also, FYI every country that locked it's borders to citizens (and I really do think it's a handful), gave at least 2-4 weeks notice. How much did we give? 4 days......

DTAC
18 pounds of Boost

Postby DTAC » April 12th, 2020, 11:55 am

pugboy wrote:what is stupid is that flat earth and vaccines are totally independent but yet the believers lap it up hand in hand
well they lap up anything conspiracy related

Makes them feel important and their empty life has some sort of meaning.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 12th, 2020, 12:07 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:

During the closure, the Government (Guyana) granted permission for a chartered flight from Barbados to land at the Eugene Correia Airport at Ogle, East Coast Demerara on March 25 with Guyanese passengers.

There were 14 adults and three children on the flight. Some of them were students while others were on vacation. They were placed in quarantined and subsequently released.

Hello DPD,

I understand your views and I cannot challenge you but can only express mine. I guess its just two different ways of thinking we have.

I wont bother to type an essay, but in summary, its just the total opposite to what you’re saying with zero tolerance and sympathy.

But one question, why would you bring back the Margarita people on the terms you suggested?

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » April 12th, 2020, 12:23 pm

Margarita ppl left in March when this was already a big problem.

The cosmetic surgery Margarita 4 actually left here Mar 15th. That is unforgivable.
MaxPower wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

Hello DPD,

I understand your views and I cannot challenge you but can only express mine. I guess its just two different ways of thinking we have.

I wont bother to type an essay, but in summary, its just the total opposite to what you’re saying with zero tolerance and sympathy.

But one question, why would you bring back the Margarita people on the terms you suggested?

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » April 12th, 2020, 12:23 pm

nutting rong wit a vaccine but when yuh hear bill gates say he going to thin the world population by 10-15% and it will be done tru vaccines how can you trust what they giving you. they can sterilize the entire black population so it would not have a next generation. Aids was created to kill the black man and the gays and they keep trying from ebola, sars, h1n1 , bird flu, foot and mouth and now covid 19. more blacks and poor people are dying in the US from covid 19. is better to wear yuh mask and glove like mike jackson and wash yuh hand and practice social distancing.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » April 12th, 2020, 12:29 pm

The cosmetic surgery Margarita 4 actually left here Mar 15th. That is unforgivable.

I guess humanity has a used by date. :D

JK

If 2000 people with passports claim the right to comeback after the precedent is set....how we accommodating that?
Last edited by Redman on April 12th, 2020, 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ST Auto
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby ST Auto » April 12th, 2020, 12:31 pm

Press conference at 2pm

linton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby linton » April 12th, 2020, 12:42 pm

Redman wrote:

JK

If 2000 people with passports claim the right to comeback after the precedent is set....how we accommodating that?

The precedent was already set when they opened the borders for Venezuelan VP and her entourage . Where was Stuart Young's fear then ?

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abducted » April 12th, 2020, 12:42 pm

a455051d-791f-4a3e-8f0e-89be93da716b.jpg

5ff0516a-5837-4009-81bd-d52649388d64.jpg

50dfcce8-bbaf-4909-9275-61898225e1d7.jpg

7e4d52fb-2e1b-4eff-925f-f889525cfce2.jpg

9fe39b3c-b196-44bc-aab9-ae8e4515f77b.jpg

d17d68d5-9c46-4c5f-87f1-86980b0d95d4.jpg

2e9656a0-c0d4-4dac-9184-49e068201a53.jpg

699f0604-a825-4495-84c0-e7995adb9cdc.jpg

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » April 12th, 2020, 12:56 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:Margarita ppl left in March when this was already a big problem.

MaxPower wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

Hello DPD,

The Immigration Act grants broad powers to hold or detain people on incoming vessels, hospitals or other places deemed acceptable by the ministry at the carrier's or traveler's cost when there is the threat of a contagious disease.

----------

39. (1) Where a medical officer is of opinion that a person
seeking admission to Trinidad and Tobago is or may be, either
pending his admission or pending his deportation where admission
has not been granted, suffering from sickness or mental or physical
disability or has been in contact with a contagious or infectious
disease, such person may, where it is so directed by the Minister,
Chief Immigration Officer, an immigration officer in charge of a
port of entry or a medical officer, be afforded medical treatment or
held for observation or diagnosis, on board the vessel by which he
was brought to Trinidad and Tobago or at an immigration station
or may be removed to a suitable hospital or other place for
treatment, observation or diagnosis as so directed and the cost of
treatment, medical attention and maintenance shall be paid by the
transportation company that brought such person to Trinidad and
Tobago.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » April 12th, 2020, 12:59 pm

Just as your favourite politicians keep saying we will treat with them on a case by case basis.
Redman wrote:

JK

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 12th, 2020, 1:20 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:Just as your favourite politicians keep saying we will treat with them on a case by case basis.
Redman wrote:

JK

If they are residents of TnT and no other country, we need to find a way to bring them back or assess them on a case by case basis.

Btw how long do you presume we keep our borders closed?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 12th, 2020, 1:24 pm

dean_spleen09
Riding on 17's

Postby dean_spleen09 » April 12th, 2020, 2:30 pm

so bim didnt have any swabs to test the pests lol.
guess who have to send....

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » April 12th, 2020, 2:31 pm

dean_spleen09
Riding on 17's

Postby dean_spleen09 » April 12th, 2020, 2:39 pm

noticed the minister say they not sending any plane for the pests , they have to find their own way home.
keeping an eye on this....

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » April 12th, 2020, 2:46 pm

Lawsuit getting expensive to taxpayers per press conference...

rexsmith
3NE 2NR for life

Postby rexsmith » April 12th, 2020, 2:52 pm

so as we are waiting for the 2nd and 3rd wave to hit does this mean the stay at home will be extended again because by the 25th April we should have a fair idea how much worst it will be.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » April 12th, 2020, 2:55 pm

Pics required to determine level of forgiveness.... :lol:

Dizzy28 wrote:Margarita ppl left in March when this was already a big problem.

MaxPower wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

Hello DPD,

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » April 12th, 2020, 3:05 pm

Who in Venezuela? Yasenia son? They impersonation who?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 12th, 2020, 3:09 pm

dean_spleen09 wrote:noticed the minister say they not sending any plane for the pests , they have to find their own way home.
keeping an eye on this....

It wouldnt be the Govt “sending” a flight specifically for them as when the borders are open, flights would operate normally and they can make their respective bookings.

Remember they might want to go to the beach and bars etc when Barbados frees up so we cannot force them to get on any flight. Let them choose which flight they want to be on with NO priority because there will be law abiding and considerate citizens travelling as well. Pick a number and wait.

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abducted » April 12th, 2020, 3:15 pm

COVID-19 In T&T – One Month Later

Today (April 12th) marks one full month since our first confirmed COVID-19 case in Trinidad and Tobago. Even with the near-daily press conferences and daily media releases over the last month, information on the patients (that don’t compromise patient confidentiality) have been sparse.

However, since the first case of COVID-19 in T&T, we have been scraping as much data as is available to give you a look at the situation – leaving politics and rhetoric out of it.

https://ttweathercenter.com/covid-19-in ... nth-later/

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » April 12th, 2020, 3:42 pm

The hubby...
Gem_in_i wrote:Who in Venezuela? Yasenia son? They impersonation who?

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » April 12th, 2020, 4:06 pm

4 more discharged
FB_IMG_1586721932554.jpeg

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » April 12th, 2020, 5:05 pm

It took about 2 to 3 months to reach 1 million cases. Global count of 1 million reached April 2. We most likely gonna hit 2 million tomorrow April 13.

That's 11 days.

This not over.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » April 12th, 2020, 5:17 pm

Global infection rates seems to have slowed down just a tad. Up to last Wednesday it was projected to reach 2M confirmed cases by today Sunday. Right now we're at 1.846M. Close but still below estimates.

Yuh right, it ain't over. But hopefully (fingers, toes and eyes crossed) this might be the beginning of the end of this thing. Not likely, but one can hope.

Country_Bookie
punchin NOS

Postby Country_Bookie » April 12th, 2020, 5:22 pm

I keep seeing all this talk about ppl who travelled in February were irresponsible and should've known better. Consider that our PM had the following itinerary in March:

March 1 - left Trinidad for London with a delegation
March 3 - flew to Ghana from London
March 10 - returned to Trinidad
March 11 - went to Guyana with a caricom delegation

I'm not saying that any of those trips were unnecessary, but if ppl were seeing their head of state still travelling as normal, carnival going on as normal, and the ministry of health not issuing any warnings about travelling outside of tt, they shouldn't be blamed if they went ahead with their travel plans. They shouldn't be treated as lepers when they try to return home.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » April 12th, 2020, 5:25 pm

Four legs good, two legs better!!!
Country_Bookie wrote:I keep seeing all this talk about ppl who travelled in February were irresponsible and should've known better. Consider that our PM had the following itinerary in March:

March 1 - left Trinidad for London with a delegation
March 3 - flew to Ghana from London
March 10 - returned to Trinidad
March 11 - went to Guyana with a caricom delegation

I'm not saying that any of those trips were unnecessary, but if ppl were seeing their head of state still travelling as normal, carnival going on as normal, and the ministry of health not issuing any warnings about travelling outside of tt, they shouldn't be blamed if they went ahead with their travel plans. They shouldn't be treated as lepers when they try to return home.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”