TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 115 cases, 8 deaths, 37 discharged in T&T

Postby maj. tom » April 23rd, 2020, 4:05 pm

Our 3rd world life of no access to local online shopping and delivery really showing up itself this time.
Could have just ordered the paint, box of screws and a bbq grill online and delivered within 3 days through the largest hardware in the Caribbean.

But nah, that's not how 3rd world businesses work. And they always liked it so.

dean_spleen09
Riding on 17's

Postby dean_spleen09 » April 23rd, 2020, 4:10 pm

maj. tom wrote:Our 3rd world life of no access to local online shopping and delivery really showing up itself this time.
Could have just ordered the paint, box of screws and a bbq grill online and delivered within 3 days through the largest hardware in the Caribbean.

But nah, that's not how 3rd world businesses work. And they always liked it so.

the government have to provide internet and laptops for this kind of ordering to take place .

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » April 23rd, 2020, 4:11 pm

First patients injected in UK vaccine trial

The first human trial in Europe of a coronavirus vaccine has begun in Oxford.

Two volunteers were injected, the first of more than 800 people recruited for the study.

Half will receive the Covid-19 vaccine, and half a control vaccine which protects against meningitis but not coronavirus.

The design of the trial means volunteers will not know which vaccine they are getting, though doctors will.

Elisa Granato, one of the two who received the jab, told the BBC: "I'm a scientist, so I wanted to try to support the scientific process wherever I can."

The vaccine was developed in under three months by a team at Oxford University. Sarah Gilbert, professor of vaccinology at the Jenner Institute, led the pre-clinical research.

"Personally I have a high degree of confidence in this vaccine," she said.

"Of course, we have to test it and get data from humans. We have to demonstrate it actually works and stops people getting infected with coronavirus before using the vaccine in the wider population."

Prof Gilbert previously said she was "80% confident" the vaccine would work, but now prefers not to put a figure on it, saying simply she is "very optimistic" about its chances.

So how does the vaccine work?
The vaccine is made from a weakened version of a common cold virus (known as an adenovirus) from chimpanzees that has been modified so it cannot grow in humans.

Screenshot 2020-04-23 at 4.45.55 PM.jpg

Screenshot 2020-04-23 at 4.46.05 PM.jpg

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-52394485

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » April 23rd, 2020, 5:24 pm

Thanks. Glad the process was carried through. All this is the possible start of the beginning of the end.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » April 23rd, 2020, 7:29 pm

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » April 23rd, 2020, 8:19 pm

dean_spleen09 wrote:
Gladiator wrote:So just a basic deduction timeline of Mr. Leon's movements... and to chook the discussion cause I bored

5th Feb - Mr. Leon Comes to T&T for Carnival
25th to 26th Feb - Carnival
6th March - He starts feeling ill
8th March - Very Ill
12th March - T&T's first COVID Confirmed Case
13th March - Leon Admitted to Couva Hospital
25th March - Mr Leon Died

Scenario 1 : Imported case - Possible incubation time = 21+ days incubation
Scenario 2 : Local Transmission (but from whom)

Possible Conclusions:

1. This was an imported case from a person that came in for Carnival. In that case it could be treated as isolated with or without no further transmission.

2. This was a locally transmission case that could result in other cases being present out there. But who did he contract it from since the first confirmed case was Imported (stressed alot by the authorities for the public's pacification) that was confirmed 6 days after Mr. Leon started feeling ill.

Now there is a paper written about outlier incubation periods of up to 27 days.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-chin ... SKCN20G06W

I for one would prefer that this was an isolated imported case pre-carnival with a 20+ day incubation than a locally transmitted case.

Good information here: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir ... od/#ref-11

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/wide-tra ... 1a5fbcd137

aware yourself bro

Thanks for the link...

From the article: But on March 1, the week after Carnival, there was a gathering Leon attended along with his friend, also from New York, where there were several other foreign nationals also present, the family friend said.

So is it assumed that this is where he contracted it. If so then there is a possibility that others would have gotten it at this event as well. I for one really hope that they got this one right...

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » April 23rd, 2020, 8:45 pm

New rules for ppe in sando
FB_IMG_1587685712130.jpeg

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » April 23rd, 2020, 8:49 pm

Rovin wrote:ian has been discharged ... https://www.facebook.com/djsheriff3/pho ... =3&theater

I thought stepdown was 2 additional weeks.

Or did another test come back negative and they sent him home one time after the video he broadcast this afternoon?

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » April 23rd, 2020, 9:13 pm

I hope in the rush to create this much needed vaccine we don't end up with a 'Krippen disease' type situation.

Probably not super vampire symptoms but more serious and deadlier mutations,I really hope they take the necessary time that is needed to observe reactions over a reasonable period where all factors and conditions could be properly considered.

Ah really ain feeling this vaccine situation...and probably won't be taking it in a hurry .

DTAC
18 pounds of Boost

Postby DTAC » April 24th, 2020, 2:50 am

Dave wrote:There is human vaccine testing being done today as was indicated earlier this week.

If you are referring to the Gilead one it was a huge failure. It didn't make any positive impact and was stopped early because of resulting side effects.

Vaccines are sometimes similar to chemotherapy in that they can cause as much or worse damage than the disease it's designed to treat. Right now it's looking like trying to find a delivery system, (much like the Coronavirus is the delivery system of Covid-19) that isn't damaging in itself.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 24th, 2020, 2:58 am

this 1 is different in that they not using a dead virus as in other vaccines but a harmless virus with the genetic code of covid19.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » April 24th, 2020, 5:17 am

Gilead's coronavirus drug flops in first major trial

Remdesivir, the drug made by Gilead Sciences that is being tested on coronavirus patients, "was not associated with clinical or virological benefits," according to a leaked summary of a randomized trial posted by the World Health Organization and viewed by STAT and the Financial Times on Thursday.

Why it matters: Experts have placed a lot of hope in remdesivir as an antiviral treatment for COVID-19, but the preliminary results of this study dash a lot of that hope. However, the study is still undergoing peer review, and Gilead is arguing the results weren't characterized appropriately.

https://www.axios.com/gilead-coronaviru ... 07e0e.html

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » April 24th, 2020, 6:46 am

DTAC wrote:
Dave wrote:There is human vaccine testing being done today as was indicated earlier this week.

If you are referring to the Gilead one it was a huge failure. It didn't make any positive impact and was stopped early because of resulting side effects.

Vaccines are sometimes similar to chemotherapy in that they can cause as much or worse damage than the disease it's designed to treat. Right now it's looking like trying to find a delivery system, (much like the Coronavirus is the delivery system of Covid-19) that isn't damaging in itself.

You know they do trials on a small sample of persons first and make sure it at least it seems to give some effect first right ? The reason no one rushing out a vaccine because if they don’t observe the effects for long enough they won’t know the longer term complications and hence why many different companies trying different attempts at vaccines . There have been quite a few regulations in place over the years so don’t get your hopes up too high that you will get converted to a zombie. Sit back and relax because no vaccine is being rushed out . How chemotherapy works is a whole other ball game and remember there is no forced vaccinations.

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » April 24th, 2020, 8:19 am

To all the conspiracy theories ...corona word that adds up to 666.

6 letters
Addition of alphabet numbers= 66

https://www.nairobiminibloggers.com/man ... 19-is-666/

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » April 24th, 2020, 8:22 am

Back to the real world...

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 24th, 2020, 8:31 am

posthumous testing. what period did the deaths occur that these samples woudl be taken from?

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » April 24th, 2020, 10:57 am

one week again, then back to work ?
i think they will open back restaurants delivery and take away alone then 2 weeks after shops, then 2 weeks after that restaurants and bars et al.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » April 24th, 2020, 12:44 pm

FDA issues warnings on chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine after 'serious poisoning and death' reported

Published Fri, Apr 24 2020 10:06 AM EDT

Updated 27 min ago

The Food and Drug Administration warned consumers Friday against taking malaria drugs chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine to treat Covid-19 outside a hospital or formal clinical trial setting after "serious" poisoning and deaths were reported. 

The agency said it became aware of reports of "serious heart rhythm problems" in patients with the virus who were treated with the malaria drugs, often in combination with antibiotic azithromycin, commonly known as a Z-Pak. It also warned physicians against prescribing the drugs to treat the coronavirus outside of a hospital.

"Hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine can cause abnormal heart rhythms such as QT interval prolongation and a dangerously rapid heart rate called ventricular tachycardia," the agency wrote in the notice. "We will continue to investigate risks associated with the use of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine for COVID-19 and communicate publicly when we have more information."

The peer-reviewed Journal of the American Medical Association released a new study Friday that said researchers cut short a study testing chloroquine as a potential treatment for Covid-19 over safety concerns, citing a "primary outcome" of death. Some patients developed irregular heart rates and nearly two dozen of them died after taking doses of the drug daily.

The FDA's warning was issued after JAMA shared the study results with the scientific community but before they were released to the public.

The agency said patients taking the drugs for approved reasons, including malaria or to treat autoimmune conditions like lupus, should continue taking their medicine as prescribed.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/24/fda-iss ... orted.html

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » April 24th, 2020, 1:17 pm

Situation was not helped at all by Trump pushing it as a wonder drug for covid to his stupid anti-vaccine type people.
So within the next weeks we should see some Clorox injection deaths. And severe UV exposure burn cases. Quite a pity, quite remarkable also.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 24th, 2020, 7:16 pm

Looking at the graphs on Johns Hopkins University Coronavirus Map
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

The countries with the flattest curves seem to be Austria, China, South Korea, New Zealand and Trinidad & Tobago?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 24th, 2020, 7:41 pm

^^ carefully curated curve

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 24th, 2020, 8:01 pm

death365 wrote:one week again, then back to work ?
i think they will open back restaurants delivery and take away alone then 2 weeks after shops, then 2 weeks after that restaurants and bars et al.

if anything, the construction sector have to open up first while airports will be last

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 24th, 2020, 8:18 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Looking at the graphs on Johns Hopkins University Coronavirus Map

The countries with the flattest curves seem to be Austria, China, South Korea, New Zealand and Trinidad & Tobago?

but we haven't yet ramped up community testing- next ting u see ah next few cases next week and then lockdown get extended

dean_spleen09
Riding on 17's

Postby dean_spleen09 » April 24th, 2020, 8:45 pm

redmanjp wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Looking at the graphs on Johns Hopkins University Coronavirus Map

but we haven't yet ramped up community testing- next ting u see ah next few cases next week and then lockdown get extended

the way things going we will forever be in lockdown.
quote me on this.

RoTaRyBoYz
Shifting into 6th

Postby RoTaRyBoYz » April 24th, 2020, 9:00 pm

maj. tom wrote:Situation was not helped at all by Trump pushing it as a wonder drug for covid to his stupid anti-vaccine type people.
So within the next weeks we should see some Clorox injection deaths. And severe UV exposure burn cases. Quite a pity, quite remarkable also.

When Trump mentioned the drug, the outbreak in the US was still in its infancy. Doctors around the world didn’t know enough about Covid19, and fast forward months later and they’re still chasing their tails with this virus.
My father was pretty bad off in the hospital with Covid and he was treated with Zithromax and Cloroquine.. He’s at home now, alive and well but still on oxygen a few hours a day.
According to a few doctors in the family and a pharmacist friend, the virus shows different symptoms in different people, therefore no 2 patients are responding to the same drug & dosage.
I was told the virus acts like a combo of HIV, MERS and Coronavirus. They even tried A Frontline dog med on 2 patients, but one 1 made it through while others are responding well to HIV meds ($7000 per prescription).

Cloroquine worked in Italy and South Korea but as doctors learn more about the virus, other more effective meds are now being used. No need to knock Trump and or Cloroquine because the drug helped to save my pops life.

I also had the virus but got over it within 17 days.. the lowest my oxygen level got was 94, and there were 5 intense days short breath. I was only able to take 1/3 of a regular breath and sleeping consisted of sitting up with pillows around me. No laying down because I just couldn’t breath. I’m going on 10 days from my last fever and I still have lung pain if I take a deep breath and hold.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » April 24th, 2020, 9:11 pm

RoTaRyBoYz wrote:
maj. tom wrote:Situation was not helped at all by Trump pushing it as a wonder drug for covid to his stupid anti-vaccine type people.

When Trump mentioned the drug, the outbreak in the US was still in its infancy. Doctors around the world didn’t know enough about Covid19, and fast forward months later and they’re still chasing their tails with this virus.
My father was pretty bad off in the hospital with Covid and he was treated with Zithromax and Cloroquine.. He’s at home now, alive and well but still on oxygen a few hours a day.
According to a few doctors in the family and a pharmacist friend, the virus shows different symptoms in different people, therefore no 2 patients are responding to the same drug & dosage.
I was told the virus acts like a combo of HIV, MERS and Coronavirus. They even tried A Frontline dog med on 2 patients, but one 1 made it through while others are responding well to HIV meds ($7000 per prescription).

Cloroquine worked in Italy and South Korea but as doctors learn more about the virus, other more effective meds are now being used. No need to knock Trump and or Cloroquine because the drug helped to save my pops life.

I also had the virus but got over it within 17 days.. the lowest my oxygen level got was 94, and there were 5 intense days short breath. I was only able to take 1/3 of a regular breath and sleeping consisted of sitting up with pillows around me. No laying down because I just couldn’t breath. I’m going on 10 days from my last fever and I still have lung pain if I take a deep breath and hold.

Respect Bro... That's quite an ordeal that you are going through. Keep strong and fight through... where you located if you don't mind me asking.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » April 24th, 2020, 9:13 pm

RoTaRyBoYz wrote:

There is no reason to believe that a particular treatment that a single patient responded to is anything other than anecdotal evidence.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 24th, 2020, 9:23 pm

all what people experimenting with, interferes with some part of the mechanisms that the virus or the body's response to the virus. so the chloroquine can do something. the three problems are, it effectiveness is inconclusive, it takes away a drug for other patients who definitely need it, and in the high paced arean that is a covid treatment facility, u need to monitor the chloriquine patient very closely to ensure u dont over dose. cause that is worse than the covid. a derivative of quinine, it kinda gnarly

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 24th, 2020, 9:25 pm

They interview the national cyclist who was just released
He inside since the 16march, over 30 days He lockup and he say he had little or no bad symptoms yet they keep him so long

RoTaRyBoYz
Shifting into 6th

Postby RoTaRyBoYz » April 24th, 2020, 9:58 pm

Gladiator wrote:
RoTaRyBoYz wrote:

Respect Bro... That's quite an ordeal that you are going through. Keep strong and fight through... where you located if you don't mind me asking.

I’m in Westchester NY, 1/2 mile from the first outbreak in NY (New Rochelle).
My dad got it (our guess is from his retail store), passed it on to my mom & myself. His situation was much worst than myself & moms.
My aunt in the Bronx got it (diabetic, amputee) and she died at home. Her time of passing was at 9am, and they waited until 7pm before a funeral home was able to pickup the body. No ambulance etc. available because NYC hospitals were in chaos and they were lucky to find a funeral home to take her. Only 1 family member & priest was allowed into the funeral home for her funeral.

Personally we know of at least 10 deaths of friends & their friends who died from this virus. All in the NY area.

In my case the doctor didn’t give me any meds. I was told to ride out the fever with Tylenol & check into a hospital if my oxygen dropped below 94 or if I had trouble breathing.
The dreams that came with the fever were crazy tho. I would be dreaming stupid sheit for hours! I’ll wake up to pee, then fall back asleep ah hour later and still be dreaming the same sheit where I left off.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”