Forums

***The Official 2021 Formula 1 season thread***

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: ***The Official 2020 Formula 1 season thread***

Postby 16 cycles » April 20th, 2020, 11:11 am

NR8 wrote:Just binge watched seasons 1 and 2 of Drive to Survive. What to do with my life now till racing resumes?

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/03/ ... ies/328404

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » May 12th, 2020, 6:33 pm

So... Vettel is leaving Ferrari at the end of the year

antlind
Riding on 17's

Postby antlind » May 12th, 2020, 7:40 pm

kamakazi wrote:So... Vettel is leaving Ferrari at the end of the year

Now self the reaction and speculation will start. I guess in a season of no real races, identifying Vettel’s replacement is as much excitement as we can hope for.

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » May 12th, 2020, 8:43 pm

Silly season just got serious.
Would love to see Seb replace Bottas, but doubt it.
Renault would also likely be a good move given that they're obviously investing heavily into the 2022 car.
Ricciardo the next cog to figure out

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » May 12th, 2020, 8:46 pm

worksux101 wrote:Silly season just got serious.
Renault would also likely be a good move given that they're obviously investing heavily into the 2022 car.

Sainz to Ferrari seems to be the rumour.

antlind
Riding on 17's

Postby antlind » May 12th, 2020, 10:19 pm

teems1 wrote:

Sainz to Ferrari seems to be the rumour.

Seems to be the popular choice. But at McLaren he is viewed as the #1 Driver, and McLaren is supposed to get the Merc engine in 2021. So it may be worth staying put.
But then again driving for Ferrari, even as a #2 driver is not an everyday opportunity. It will be interesting to see the shuffle.

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » May 12th, 2020, 10:43 pm

To me it felt like Sebastian lost a little bit of passion year on year starting with the slide at RBR. Wouldn't be surprised if he called it quits now as I don't see him as one to stay and just be going through the motions like Kimi.

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » May 13th, 2020, 10:28 pm

rumour is sainz to ferrari, ricc to mclaren and either alonso or seb to renault

i think the renault is the best bet at the moment given their open intention to throw everything behind the 2022 car. For those who dont recall, Merc did the same thing pre hybrid era and have yet to be beaten since. In 03, Renault put all their effort into working with the new tyres and won 2 constructors back to back.

McLaren on the way up sure, plus theyve gotten Seidl, but i dont think the Merc engine is what it was - Ferrari hav consistently outpaced them and gasly's Honda out dragged in brazil.

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » May 13th, 2020, 10:30 pm

NR8 wrote:

To me it felt like Sebastian lost a little bit of passion year on year starting with the slide at RBR. Wouldn't be surprised if he called it quits now as I don't see him as one to stay and just be going through the motions like Kimi.

i think it started he popping out the kids...grosjean implied the same with him, and hakkinen back in the day.
also, anyone would get frustrated with ferrari's consistent errors, and their ability to upgrade a car in summer 2018 by making it slower

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » May 14th, 2020, 7:11 am

Confirmed Sainz to Ferrari, Ricciardo to McLaren!

Next up, Alonso to Renault? Some major trolling on social media right now.

antlind
Riding on 17's

Postby antlind » May 14th, 2020, 8:49 am

NR8 wrote:Confirmed Sainz to Ferrari, Ricciardo to McLaren!

I don’t think there will be any chemistry between Sainz and Leclerc. Definitely not like there was between Sainz and Norris.
The Ferrari team battle might prove to be more exciting than that anything else on the grid.

supremacy_007
Sweet on this forum

Postby supremacy_007 » May 14th, 2020, 12:16 pm

Truly glad for Ricciardo, i hope this gives him the car he needs to be prove all the haters he is one of the best right now, Ferraro playing the long game with the younger drivers, next will be Bottoas.

I'm excited to see the honey bagger in action at McLaren, together with Lando, they may be the pair to move Mclaren out of the middle pack.

I wonder if Haas is making any changes, Grojean should go to rally cars since he likes driving off the track so much and likes hitting things......

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » May 14th, 2020, 1:00 pm

supremacy_007 wrote:

Truly glad for Ricciardo, i hope this gives him the car he needs to be prove all the haters he is one of the best right now, Ferraro playing the long game with the younger drivers, next will be Bottoas.

I'm excited to see the honey bagger in action at McLaren, together with Lando, they may be the pair to move Mclaren out of the middle pack.

I wonder if Haas is making any changes, Grojean should go to rally cars since he likes driving off the track so much and likes hitting things......

re Danny Ric... i dont think there is any doubt of his ability a a winner... Is Danny who put himself where he is right now...

As was said on another local Whatsapp forum.... Sianz and Le Clerc bonding gonna make for some interesting times ahead.... Lets see how he handles it up front with Hamilcrei and Max. Cuz they're gonna make sure he knows where barley grows.

supremacy_007
Sweet on this forum

Postby supremacy_007 » May 14th, 2020, 3:43 pm

Monk BANzai wrote:
supremacy_007 wrote:

re Danny Ric... i dont think there is any doubt of his ability a a winner... Is Danny who put himself where he is right now...

As was said on another local Whatsapp forum.... Sianz and Le Clerc bonding gonna make for some interesting times ahead.... Lets see how he handles it up front with Hamilcrei and Max. Cuz they're gonna make sure he knows where barley grows.

You have a good point there with Danny but at the sametime RBR really didn't care for him, he was a good 2nd driver to them, their focus was Max.

Yup Hamilton and Max will be brutal about, Max is a good driver but not for anything I dont like the guy, the cockiness, thats why every time Lecelr roast him its call for celebration!

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » May 14th, 2020, 11:28 pm

Don't like max either, but when you're raised by two racers with only one goal in mind and you've been successful every step of the way, plus everyone telling you that you're the sheit constantly, his muffler bearing behavior is understandable.

I dont think Sainz is anywhere near LeC, Seb, Ham and Max level...even Lando in his rookie season out qualified him...suspect he'll quickly become LeC's personal barrichello.

I still think Renault is the place to be for 2022

supremacy_007
Sweet on this forum

Postby supremacy_007 » May 15th, 2020, 6:33 am

worksux101 wrote:Don't like max either, but when you're raised by two racers with only one goal in mind and you've been successful every step of the way, plus everyone telling you that you're the sheit constantly, his muffler bearing behavior is understandable.

I dont think Sainz is anywhere near LeC, Seb, Ham and Max level...even Lando in his rookie season out qualified him...suspect he'll quickly become LeC's personal barrichello.

Agreed, why 2022 if you dont mind me asking also what has been their progress with addressing their power unit ussues?

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » May 15th, 2020, 7:00 am

worksux101 wrote:

not sure if they crossed the gap to MB's powerplant....

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » May 17th, 2020, 4:22 pm

So...I think it is a bit of karma coming back at Vettel; he being the young gun in red bull when DC left and didn't want to follow simple team orders. One crash with his team mate (Mark Webber) and a multi 21 later...a young Rcciardo then came and out qualified and out paced him, Followed by a young Charles at a different team.

Vettel hasn't really developed as a driver in my opinion and it is unfortunate that he won with the attitude that he had cause it just cemented that this is how he should behave/drive.

Really want to see the honey badger and McLaren back at the pointy end.

supremacy_007
Sweet on this forum

Postby supremacy_007 » May 18th, 2020, 8:25 am

kamakazi wrote:So...I think it is a bit of karma coming back at Vettel; he being the young gun in red bull when DC left and didn't want to follow simple team orders. One crash with his team mate (Mark Webber) and a multi 21 later...a young Rcciardo then came and out qualified and out paced him, Followed by a young Charles at a different team.

Vettel hasn't really developed as a driver in my opinion and it is unfortunate that he won with the attitude that he had cause it just cemented that this is how he should behave/drive.

I'm just glad he got out from renault, might be me but right now renault feels like the place where careers go to die....

antlind
Riding on 17's

Postby antlind » May 18th, 2020, 9:22 am

supremacy_007 wrote:
kamakazi wrote:So...I think it is a bit of karma coming back at Vettel; he being the young gun in red bull when DC left and didn't want to follow simple team orders. One crash with his team mate (Mark Webber) and a multi 21 later...a young Rcciardo then came and out qualified and out paced him, Followed by a young Charles at a different team.

I'm just glad he got out from renault, might be me but right now renault feels like the place where careers go to die....

Sad to see a team like Renault with so much history struggle to produce good results. They’ve become something like Toyota Racing back in the early 2000’s.

DTAC
18 pounds of Boost

Postby DTAC » May 29th, 2020, 12:46 pm

Formula 1: Williams up for sale after £13m loss last year

BBC News - Formula 1: Williams up for sale after £13m loss last year
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/52847040

About time. Frank not letting go of his vice like grip on the company has killed it.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » May 29th, 2020, 5:04 pm

Tough break for Williams; was their last win with Pastor Maldonado.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » June 2nd, 2020, 7:03 pm

I see they have announced a revised calendar when the racing commences.

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » June 2nd, 2020, 8:18 pm

EZfs5q6WsAc_VX7.jpg

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » June 2nd, 2020, 9:37 pm

You clearly don't know the whole story if you think he simply didn't want to follow team orders. Theres much more to the back story and even Horner admitted he understood Seb's decision.
He was faced with a significantly more unreliable car in 14 just as last year. If you take car issues out of the equation, he beat both Ricc and LeC.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » June 3rd, 2020, 3:11 am

Who does know the entire story... I just said what stands out in my mind.
Think you will find in 2014 Danny had similar issues but consistently beat him over the season

worksux101 wrote:

You clearly don't know the whole story if you think he simply didn't want to follow team orders. Theres much more to the back story and even Horner admitted he understood Seb's decision.
He was faced with a significantly more unreliable car in 14 just as last year. If you take car issues out of the equation, he beat both Ricc and LeC.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » June 3rd, 2020, 9:47 am

I dunno.. From listening to Missed Apex podcast, one of the panel said that Renault's engine is good enough now, in 2019 the chassis was the problem but now they have the chassis designer who was previously at McLaren so 2020 they should start to see a big improvement. Time will tell but going forward they may be a stronger team than they were. Lots of talk they're looking to sell Endstone so who knows..

Would be funny if Ricciardo does better this year than next year at McLaren.

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » June 3rd, 2020, 9:03 pm

pete wrote:I dunno.. From listening to Missed Apex podcast, one of the panel said that Renault's engine is good enough now, in 2019 the chassis was the problem but now they have the chassis designer who was previously at McLaren so 2020 they should start to see a big improvement. Time will tell but going forward they may be a stronger team than they were. Lots of talk they're looking to sell Endstone so who knows..

Would be funny if Ricciardo does better this year than next year at McLaren.

I think renault is the place to be when the rules change.
Every major transition has seen a new team take the lead, and its almost always a well funded team who started the new design early. Cyril has said repeatedly that 2021 is their focus

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » June 3rd, 2020, 9:09 pm

kamakazi wrote:Who does know the entire story... I just said what stands out in my mind.
Think you will find in 2014 Danny had similar issues but consistently beat him over the season

worksux101 wrote:

Webber blocked him in Brazil the season before when he was gunning for the championship. He still managed to come back from last on the grid anyway. There was also an incident in Malaysia I think jt was where webber did him the exact same thing.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » June 3rd, 2020, 10:21 pm

All Vettel demonstrated in those incidents is that he isn't a team player. It is unfortunate that he was never punished for those and he just carried on with the same attitude.

He has taken himself out on more than one occasion by banging into his teammate.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”