Forums

The Official Skybox Thread: Take 2

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

zoom rader
TunerGod

Re: The Official Skybox Thread: Take 2

Postby zoom rader » August 19th, 2020, 1:57 pm

Well i ordered small parts for a family member car, spent about 120US and cost to clear was 550TT.

If they had to buy from Ford TT it would have cost 2500TT and it's the same original ford parts.

From Miami it took 1 week to get here and 3 days to clear.

So it's not as bad

wingnut
3NE 2NR for life

Postby wingnut » August 19th, 2020, 2:23 pm

zoom rader wrote:Well i ordered small parts for a family member car, spent about 120US and cost to clear was 550TT.

If they had to buy from Ford TT it would have cost 2500TT and it's the same original ford parts.

So it's not as bad
Who u ship with? think i need to switch

Had some packages tracking said delivered since end of july an early august and yet to receive them

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » August 19th, 2020, 3:53 pm

Who you shipping with?

Websource and tropical express playing up in dey MC
zoom rader wrote:Well i ordered small parts for a family member car, spent about 120US and cost to clear was 550TT.

So it's not as bad

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 19th, 2020, 3:54 pm

*KRONIK* wrote:Who you shipping with?

So it's not as bad
Caribbean xpess

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » August 19th, 2020, 4:08 pm

zoom rader wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:Who you shipping with?

So it's not as bad
Caribbean xpess
Hmmmmmm
Will hadda check dem out

Jade_Inc.
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Jade_Inc. » August 19th, 2020, 7:22 pm

Ordered a phone for 203usd. Delivered to the skybox today, waiting with ky

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » August 19th, 2020, 8:04 pm

Lol I pay $8000 to clear a shipment weekend that wud normally be 3000

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 19th, 2020, 8:11 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:Lol I pay $8000 to clear a shipment weekend that wud normally be 3000
Damm

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » August 19th, 2020, 8:35 pm

Strugglerzinc wrote:Hoss, you have an unusual fixation with being violently raped in your cacahole

Penguin
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Penguin » August 19th, 2020, 10:16 pm

So when this zero tax on laptop and cellphones taking effect?

Penguin
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Penguin » August 19th, 2020, 10:16 pm

So when this zero tax on laptop and cellphones taking effect?

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » August 19th, 2020, 11:07 pm

Seeing this statement on my fedex tracking

"A statement is required from the consignee unless the consignee authorizes the shipper to complete and include the toxic substance statement on their behalf.
Recommended action: If the consignee has authorized the shipper to complete on their behalf; include a copy of the written authorization with the shipping documentation. If the shipper is not authorized to complete; consignee must provide the statement."

Item are some eco solvent inks shipped in from China to my skybox address

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 20th, 2020, 12:02 am

Penguin wrote:So when this zero tax on laptop and cellphones taking effect?

If you took that then you got played.

PNM needs the money

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » August 20th, 2020, 12:08 am

OK nvm item on its way again...seems it was delayed in their customs
gastly369 wrote:Seeing this statement on my fedex tracking

"A statement is required from the consignee unless the consignee authorizes the shipper to complete and include the toxic substance statement on their behalf.
Recommended action: If the consignee has authorized the shipper to complete on their behalf; include a copy of the written authorization with the shipping documentation. If the shipper is not authorized to complete; consignee must provide the statement."

Item are some eco solvent inks shipped in from China to my skybox address

PapaC
Riding on 17's

Postby PapaC » August 20th, 2020, 7:41 am

zoom rader wrote:

PNM needs the money

Barring the regular lack of faith ppl have in election promises, and given how much WFH and home schooling has to happen, this might be a nice idea.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 20th, 2020, 8:14 am

^ And i don't want to make this thread political (so mods please move it as necessary) but wasn't there a no tax on computers, laptops and textbooks before 2015 (since Panday), which was immediately reinstated by the then new PNM government? Wasn't the PNM the one to ensure illiteracy and harder access to the internet and information among the poor people with that move? Now they promised something that they took away in the first place, like typical gaslighting manipulative behaviour. That promise doesn't make sense. Zoomer don't reply eh, because we know.

Mobile phones and gaming laptops over a certain price should still be considered a luxury item and taxed accordingly. While smartphones have become a necessary integration in our lives, man can't be bringing down a USD $2000 phone or a USD $6000 ASUS ROG and not get a luxury tax on that. That's like saying all cars are the same with no tax.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 20th, 2020, 8:20 am

maj. tom wrote:^ And i don't want to make this thread political (so mods please move it as necessary) but wasn't there a no tax on computers, laptops and textbooks before 2015 (since Panday), which was immediately reinstated by the then new PNM government? Wasn't the PNM the one to ensure illiteracy and harder access to the internet and information among the poor people with that move? Now they promised something that they took away in the first place, like typical gaslighting manipulative behaviour. That promise doesn't make sense. Zoomer don't reply eh, because we know.

Mobile phones and gaming laptops over a certain price should still be considered a luxury item and taxed accordingly. While smartphones have become a necessary integration in our lives, man can't be bringing down a USD $2000 phone or a USD $6000 ASUS ROG and not get a luxury tax on that. That's like saying all cars are the same with no tax.
Sorry I have to reply

Everything you said is true.

The public needs to knows these things.

greggle71
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby greggle71 » August 20th, 2020, 8:20 am

Here is an issue popping up, any Skybox company using Caribbean Airlines cargo is doing to run into delays due to being illogical. One of the delivery drivers gave me the insight

CAL has cargo flights from Miami daily, but the flight is oversubscribed every time so CAL splits up the cargo for 1 Skybox company over multiple flights spanning several days.

The skybox company however will have a single manifest for their shipping so when the partial shipments come in, customs will not clear a shipment till the full manifest arrives

Add to that the full inspection on shipments rather than the spot checking that happened before.

Smaller skybox companies with smaller shipments win cause their shipments probably don’t require splitting but the larger popular companies will run into problems.

I guess CAL doesn’t want to show preference by fully loading any one skybox company’s shipment over another but this is causing a big bottleneck due to volumes.

PapaC
Riding on 17's

Postby PapaC » August 20th, 2020, 11:06 am

maj. tom wrote:^ And i don't want to make this thread political (so mods please move it as necessary) but wasn't there a no tax on computers, laptops and textbooks before 2015 (since Panday), which was immediately reinstated by the then new PNM government? Wasn't the PNM the one to ensure illiteracy and harder access to the internet and information among the poor people with that move? Now they promised something that they took away in the first place, like typical gaslighting manipulative behaviour. That promise doesn't make sense. Zoomer don't reply eh, because we know.

Well i didn't know there was a legislative change on this, thanks for the info.
AS for the cost of the item and taxes that can work. But a $399 iPhone SE, which is their new base model can't be regarded as luxury. Definitely the flagships would be. What's your opinion on refurbished phones though?

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » August 20th, 2020, 11:55 am

PapaC wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

PNM needs the money

Barring the regular lack of faith ppl have in election promises, and given how much WFH and home schooling has to happen, this might be a nice idea.

It is literally the easiest thing to implement as well.

However, it was so stupid when PNM brought back VAT and OPT on these items. A $1500 MacBook would have cost you around 11k to bring to down with those taxes implemented a few years ago it would cost you $2000 more. Rediculous and backward thinking.

Panday had the foresight to know the country not only benefits but can profit by having cheaper computers making access easier.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » August 20th, 2020, 2:30 pm

How about restarting the PC building industry here by allowing parts to come duty and vat free but assembled machines to still be subject to taxes?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » August 20th, 2020, 3:05 pm

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » August 20th, 2020, 4:13 pm

pete wrote:How about restarting the PC building industry here by allowing parts to come duty and vat free but assembled machines to still be subject to taxes?

Definitely not a bad idea as well as it will create jobs too.

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » August 20th, 2020, 9:02 pm

allyuh wait on da eh, where allyuh free light bulb or even covid masks?
steups some ah allyuh drunk on d balisier juice in here with 2 secs memory wi.

On a nex note shoulda listen to folks in here waiting about 4 months for ocean shipment from bluesky, shipped multiple items via Seabox and Websource early this month and late last month and received all already custom & courier charges were all quite low especially considering the value and quantity of orders.
So for anyone who thinkin about it STAY FAARRRRR from bluesky.

napster16
Sweet on this forum

Postby napster16 » August 20th, 2020, 10:36 pm

I had a shipment delivered since June 11th. Without my consent, they forwarded from Miami to Trinidad via Ocean instead of Air. Like that boat went in the Bermuda Triangle
daxt0r wrote:allyuh wait on da eh, where allyuh free light bulb or even covid masks?
steups some ah allyuh drunk on d balisier juice in here with 2 secs memory wi.

On a nex note shoulda listen to folks in here waiting about 4 months for ocean shipment from bluesky, shipped multiple items via Seabox and Websource early this month and late last month and received all already custom & courier charges were all quite low especially considering the value and quantity of orders.
So for anyone who thinkin about it STAY FAARRRRR from bluesky.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » August 21st, 2020, 8:14 am

Saw in an email from AMCHAM they stated they stated that the membership (skybox companies included) had complained that for the past few months cargo was left exposed to the elements at Piarco given the delays in customs processing.

Anyone hasn't received a package or got a damaged package (water stain etc)?

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » August 21st, 2020, 8:58 am

Dizzy28 wrote:Saw in an email from AMCHAM they stated they stated that the membership (skybox companies included) had complained that for the past few months cargo was left exposed to the elements at Piarco given the delays in customs processing.

Anyone hasn't received a package or got a damaged package (water stain etc)?

I have, clothes. Items were in plastic inside the box so no damage but it seems the box was soaked at some point.

trinigamer
Trinituner Peong

Postby trinigamer » August 22nd, 2020, 10:46 am

Seabox taking its time these days? They received package in Miami on August 4, and it still not shipped.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » August 22nd, 2020, 11:04 am

Jam again last night.
3500 to clear what usually would have been $1500

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » August 22nd, 2020, 11:05 am

In my case I just raising prices....and people paying because it's the same thing across the board...everyone prices going up

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”