TRINIDAD & TOBAGO HOSPITALITY & TOURISM INSTITUTE closes its doors for good

Postby Monk BANzai » August 21st, 2020, 10:02 pm

And so it begins....

TTHTI is the only viable course of action to potentially satisfy debts owed to creditors, staff, suppliers, students and financiers. Over the coming weeks, representatives of the Institute will be engaging affected stakeholders to discuss the way forward.

Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 9.58.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 9.59.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 9.59.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 9.59.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 9.59.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 10.00.03 PM.png

Re: TRINIDAD & TOBAGO HOSPITALITY & TOURISM INSTITUTE closes its doors for good

Postby VexXx Dogg » August 21st, 2020, 10:09 pm

very sad, indeed.
there will be more.

Postby Blaze d Chalice » August 21st, 2020, 10:10 pm

Interesting...

*strokes imaginary beard*

Never even knew we had this.

But I see some international airlines shift their flight schedules to/from TT down to November.

Postby pugboy » August 21st, 2020, 10:51 pm

Who gettting all the nice commercial kitchen equipment ?

Postby paid_influencer » August 21st, 2020, 10:56 pm

we doh need education in hospitality. we real good at that already

also, lol at the beat up over the gov't allocating them money in 2017, 2018 and 2019 budgets but not actually giving them the money.

double lol at the beat up over the $50 mil for Tobago hoteliers get before election.

long press release not really worth the read

Postby ProtonPowder » August 21st, 2020, 11:17 pm

cant wait for the spin from the ministry of tourism

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » August 21st, 2020, 11:18 pm

So they close for good when the Vaccine is 3 months away? it's already developed and working wtf

Postby Blaze d Chalice » August 21st, 2020, 11:36 pm

Well if Kamla dem didn't thief out the money, perhaps it woulda be able to hold strain for those 3 months.

Postby The_Honourable » August 21st, 2020, 11:49 pm

Full story buss on fb...

When I became a lecturer at TTHTI back in 2012, I was scared shitless. I was only 24 years old and despite having confidence in my fantastic work ethic and culinary competence, I doubted that I would have enough knowledge to maneuver through teaching others who chose the path that I also walked as a student. Dr. Patricia Butcher took a chance on me as a young chef and hired me to teach baking and pastry arts my first semester. I took this responsibility so seriously as I remembered my years there as a student and vowed to myself that I would give everything to become better, so that any student that I crossed paths with would also become better over time. This is why this news is quite bitter sweet, to learn today, that the rumors of TTHTI’s permanent closure are true. Sweet, because the shell of an institute that Dr. Butcher and other awesome professions created is finally being put out of its misery (NOT THE CURRENT CLOWNS that have run it into the ground... but I digress, we coming back there just now) Bitter, because I take this as a direct insult and I’m hurt to see what a mess this sheit show has become to a place that I thought I had found a permanent home and would eventually one day retire. I left in 2017 not because I couldn’t take the jamming that I saw coming, but because I could not in good conscience be part and parcel of an institution that I didn’t have faith in anymore and that didn’t care about the core values that we all swore by as lecturers and hospitality professionals.

While Covid-19 aka Rona from Corona has indeed thrown a big ole spoke in the bicycle wheel that we were all merrily riding along on, and probably really was the nail in the coffin for TTHTI, it’s amazing to see that the Frontish lead gang of frauds are using this and the lack of “communication” from the government about receiving the subventions over the years as an excuse to make themselves look good. LAUGHABLE. The memory that some of you have been blessed with is quite sheit in my humble opinion, but let me remind you quickly. It’s the same government that YOU said you didn’t want GATE funds from and tried to make look bad, because YOU thought you could have gotten more money from students if they paid their tuition on their own. Y’all lied to the students about that whole scene and when water was more than flour, brought in some ridiculous American program to make their degrees look like something. So am I to understand that the government should bail y’all out of the ridiculous debt y’all in and pay lecturers and staff who you still have money for years now? But y’all were knowingly spending bad money and have shut people up who have been trying to show y’all ways to make the school sustainable yearssss now? LAUGHABLE.

Why don’t they come out and say it was the retarded and incompetent yes men and women that held top management spots for years, for their demise? Imagine I got reprimanded by a superior for trying to “go over her SHORT head” for properly costing a program that I was teaching and showing them the areas they needed to patch up before it got out of control. Imagine your work being taken by your superiors on numerous occasions and them passing it off as their own, but not being able to fully explain it and therefore the idea had to be shelved. Imagine going to their superiors and trying to have some kind of course of action taken, and you being told “that’s who’s in charge and we stand by their advice.” Imagine the two most prominent and important departments being run by heads who ironically didn’t know their head from their arsehole and never missed an opportunity to kick their top educators under the bus when their backs were against a wall. Imagine people who don’t know anything about education trying to run a school!!! LAUGHABLE.

The management of the currently disbanded TTHTI should hold their heads in shame for misleading these young people the way they have been. It’s sad and distasteful to see that y’all sat in positions not knowing the ins and outs of running an institution but refused to accept the fact that y’all were not capable in the least. Y’all came in there with one mission and it has finally been accomplished. Congrats you have the title of “The Clowns Who Dismantled An Institution Responsible For The Training Of Thousands of World Class Chefs, Pastry Chefs, Bartenders, F&B Managers, Hoteliers, and Hospitality Professionals” because they wanted to play a game of let’s see who have the biggest balls. Y’all should have realized long ago that this is people’s lives that y’all played with and stopped the pissing contest. Your inability to see that this industry and what it does for the world is bigger than your stupid egos, is quite sad. But nah, when power and titles become your gods, this is the result..... I hope your God forgives your deeds, because I take this personally and won’t be forgetting this anytime soon.

Covid-19 has brought you to your knees finally and I am happy y’all are no longer at the helm of such an important training ground. Y’all are quite short sighted in figuring out a way around this disease. There is now a need for someone with the ability, and the LOVE OF PROPER EDUCATION, to step in and figure it out for y’all. I have hope that there will be another institute like the TTHTI that I remember, that will emerge from this sheit show. Good riddance to the fronters and their band of merry clowns. The institute nor I will miss your lack of expertise.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/simmone.edwin/ ... 1092911125

Postby agent007 » August 22nd, 2020, 12:09 am

I won’t beat up too much about this. I think COSTAAT should also close its doors for good and integrate the programmes from both institutions under the UTT. Duplicate institutions mean more money will waste. Some may also argue that UTT should be closed down and integrate all programmes under the UWI. After all, the GORTT pumps money into UWI as well by way of subventions.

Postby The_Honourable » August 22nd, 2020, 12:59 am

Costaatt was suppose to merge with or become a division under UTT around 2007 or so but it was axed. Good thing because you may be surprised that Costaatt is actually much better run than UTT. For that past 5 years, some UTT campuses had to close, programs axed and retrenchment of employees. I think they focused and did too much with UTT attempting to become the national university until it became unsustainable.

For Costaatt, although enrollment numbers dropped, you don't hear much issues with them except the late payments of stipends for nurses. The school interestingly hires persons as lecturers who are connected politically. It happened under PP and PNM.

Postby bluefete » August 22nd, 2020, 2:47 am

Empire builders.

Postby Gladiator » August 22nd, 2020, 8:27 am

agent007 wrote:I won’t beat up too much about this. I think COSTAAT should also close its doors for good and integrate the programmes from both institutions under the UTT. Duplicate institutions mean more money will waste. Some may also argue that UTT should be closed down and integrate all programmes under the UWI. After all, the GORTT pumps money into UWI as well by way of subventions.

You do know that TTHTI educated persons in the industry for the entire region right? Added to that, some of the top hotels and resorts were linked up with TTHTI to take their students for internships. I have met their students all over the world. This is a big loss to T&T, I really cant understand how the Govt could be talking tourism and then close down the hotel school...

And about UWI... LOL ... you need to get some more info man. They running on fumes right about now!!!

Also UWI does not cater for tech/voc type skills. That's why the closing of John D and Sando Tech had such an impact in our country. COSTATT is a sheit show and UTT is on the chopping block right now.

Postby Dizzy28 » August 22nd, 2020, 9:38 am

^^^^^Frontish??? What a weird word to use!!!

Postby adnj » August 22nd, 2020, 1:32 pm

agent007 wrote:I won’t beat up too much about this. I think COSTAAT should also close its doors for good and integrate the programmes from both institutions under the UTT. Duplicate institutions mean more money will waste. Some may also argue that UTT should be closed down and integrate all programmes under the UWI. After all, the GORTT pumps money into UWI as well by way of subventions.

You do know that TTHTI educated persons in the industry for the entire region right? Added to that, some of the top hotels and resorts were linked up with TTHTI to take their students for internships. I have met their students all over the world. This is a big loss to T&T, I really cant understand how the Govt could be talking tourism and then close down the hotel school...

And about UWI... LOL ... you need to get some more info man. They running on fumes right about now!!!

Also UWI does not cater for tech/voc type skills. That's why the closing of John D and Sando Tech had such an impact in our country. COSTATT is a sheit show and UTT is on the chopping block right now.

UWI Open Campus offers a Certificate in Tourism Hospitality Management in the Caribbean.

There is no reason that the entire curriculum, staff and facilities couldn't be absorbed by COSTAATT, if the demand exists.

Many schools merge to offer content across campuses and student populations.

Postby bluefete » August 22nd, 2020, 6:59 pm

Well look t'ing.

The first 3 lines in this are suspect.

Postby bluefete » August 22nd, 2020, 7:14 pm

Raymond Philip

The truth about the TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM INSTITUTION.
‘’Preach but don’t practice’’

JUSTICE FOR TTHTI STUDENTS!

Please read carefully .

That is a strong statement that should be considered when gathering all of my thoughts right now on TTHTI . Everyone should be aware that the students knew the same day this news was announced for the public. The students were not given any notice beforehand nor under any circumstances were we aware of these decisions. However, many of you know the rationality of this institution . We all completed our payments for our courses. We are not fighting , all we want is justice for every student who is being wronged by TTHTI ; and the TRUTH behind bold statements that was made by this institution.

This is a disgrace of an institution, I am disgusted yet not surprised. They claim that we were doing so many hands-on training, but couldn’t even get sufficient supplies to carry out our practical classes , I must say this was before covid19 which was TTHTI’S saving grace?

On multiple occasions students had to buy ingredients because the school was unable to provide for practical classes even though those costs were factored into our initial fees . So I ask myself, why weren't they able to provide simple ingredients for classes?

Lectures stayed home because they weren’t being paid on time or there weren't any ingredients to go ahead with a practical session for the day. Enforcing new certification programs and not even having proper lectures to teach, but they kept requesting more money ? Sounds rhetoric to me but make what you want of it. Students didn’t even finish curriculums for certain courses that were already paid for. Sounds like empty promises to me but these are just the facts.

It is saddening to even think that such an institution preaches professionalism but yet fails to practice it . Can you imagine students were notified about the permanent closure of the school on the same day the story was released on news just a few hours before. I emphasize , students were seen as cheques and cash, their next “opportunity” .

Mistreating students, horrific management, running around like headless chickens with no answers to our questions. Student body ? what was that ? Just another thing postponed. Communication errors, lack of knowledge was the bare minimum . Was “fraudulent“ on their mission statement ? Because it surely was the main trend at TTHTI. TTHTI students definitely did not get value for their money and at least everyone can see it now .

We worked so hard to gain what? Even though there were so many rumours about this institute, most of us had a dream and we wanted to follow it. But what exactly was this institution like internally? Because they surely liked to portray a remarkable reputation.

Let’s start with the CEO, wait, where is he now ? I would say money was on his agenda, not the well-being of his students, the up keeping of the environment, making sure the equipment was working, or all the necessities of the buildings were kept in a training manner.
Their closing statement , “ it was a hands-on training institution ” more like pickpocketed sticky hands in our pockets institution. Half of the equipment and machines in the training kitchens weren’t working. The pipes kept leaking and didn’t have proper drainage, what about the sewage that was backing up into the kitchen ?. The fridges weren’t working and were always dusty.

A dead rat was even found in one of the kitchens. But did Mr CEO care? Not, he cared about setting prices and driving his fancy cars. Did the CEO do anything internally as he is always present on News? Was he even involved? Did he even look at us as students? Nope, he looked at us as checks or cash waiting around. Students didn’t even know who the CEO was because we were never addressed by him. What does that say about leadership ?

Is this the TTHTI that everyone knows ?

Let’s move on to MISS Registrar or should I say past registrar ,I am sure you are probably sitting in a chair and enjoying the news ,you manipulative woman. Boy ,did you give TTHTI a run. But what exactly did you do that was different from the CEO? You made the school seem as if it was the golden balance of success. But really, you just fooled everyone . You made it seem as if TTHTI was full of opportunities when really it was filled with grasses and asses.

With your non-listening abilities to make sure every student is being heard. Your excuses that made sure students were treated right, or even your advice on why students parents should rain their money into TTHTI or even the ability to misinform foreigners/ locals to even step foot in that school. How is it that you and MR BMW ( CEO ) aren’t sued as yet?

This isn’t even half of what exactly was happening at TTHTI. It was sad to see some of our best lecturers were paid little to nothing while the school was receiving so much money from students. When I say best lectures, I mean the good two or four. Even our previous head of academics. Like really, what was your job?

Or what on earth were you doing? Other than the causal eating in the dining room, eating in the cafe, trying to act as if you are professional, not reading the evaluation forms, not looking at the rates of failure for the AHELI finals and try to understand why was it so high, and not even looking into lectures that kids were crying to have let go! You were responsible for our education ?
Speaking of AHELI courses, let’s not forget the importance of these courses in all of the speeches.

Let’s not forget the praises and how much it should be “worth your money”. But TTHTI, we understand that all you are concerned about are the cheques but do you think preaching exceptional service may seem a bit hypocritical ? The irony. I strongly believe that management should look into taking these courses. You all needed the knowledge .

The cost to do an AHELI course, book fees, tuition fee, and the many other fees that would appear, you would think we were getting the best educational experience. The number of students who had to re-write AHELI exams and had to re-do courses multiple times, you would think the school has sufficient funds ? What about the food badges charged to us every semester, when students have been getting it on their own. Is that ethical ? I guess that was just another cover up ?

How about we say hello to our Caricom brothers and sisters? They got trapped within the lies of the institution and came to our beautiful TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO to pursue a diploma or degree. When I thought locals were paying way too much, trust me, foreigners were doubled and not in TT dollars, but in USD or EUROS.

But did TTHTI care for them ? In my opinion and the tears I saw from many, no they did not. These students left their home on false promises from this institution. They had no support from this school for their challenges . But they were making sure that whatever fees the school needed , it was up to date. The repeating rollercoaster of pain that they faced attending here. They all made this tremendously huge sacrifice to come here and pursue their dreams and what did they get in return?

WHY DON'T YOU TELL THE PUBLIC TTHTI ? You have no idea what these students had to go through just trying to continue their course and finish strong. You would think for a TOURISM educational facility , TTHTI would treat their foreigners better? . These students had no moral support here because they were away from their families . It is very difficult. We apologize to you ! The school wouldn’t say it, but I will! .

We all came here on false hope and the public could see what we got in return. TTHTI released bold statements about not having revenue , so where exactly was all of that money going ? It surely was not being invested into the structural aspect of the building , the maintenance of the property , and the education of the students which they paid for . It broke my heart to see the statements the management released.

This school chewed us up and spit us out . They hurt us, treated us not like their “valued customers”, but payment plans and downpayments walking around . I believe that all of us need some sort of justice .

You guys broke us down to our knees and into tears. I do not know how it is that you all had money issues when you guys were getting more than enough money . We all had a dream and with the torture and pain we felt from TTHTI ,not many of us still have that dream, spirit, or mindset. Not many of us even want to see a hotel , knife , be in a kitchen , or even hear anything that has to do with hospitality .

Many of us were hoping you get your act together and provide better experiences for the future students who have the same dreams and ambitions . We were hoping you all wouldn't crush it or make them feel what we did. There is always a cry for money at this institution. Do not be fooled by their bold statements. There are many more stories to the truth of TTHTI . Trust me, it will break your hearts. This is probably the most dreadful shocking news . But , what upset everyone was the lies and as mentioned before, their bold statements.

Postby Monk BANzai » August 22nd, 2020, 7:19 pm

bluefete wrote:Well look t'ing.

The first 3 lines in this are suspect.

If correct. This brings to the fore a direct battle between the BoD and the Management of the Institute. Interesting times indeed.

Postby K74T » August 22nd, 2020, 7:50 pm

Statement by the Ministry of Education on the circumstances surrounding the closure of the Trinidad and Tobago Hotel and Tourism Institute (TTHTI).

The Ministry of Education notes the news release dated August 22, 2020, issued by the Trinidad and Tobago Hotel and Tourism Institute entitled, “Permanent Closure of the Trinidad and Tobago Hotel and Tourism Institute (TTHTI)”.

The TTHTI is a long-standing institution which provides for hospitality and tourism training, operated by the Trinidad Hotels, Restaurants and Tourism Association (THRTA) out of facilities owned by the Chaguaramas Development Authority (CDA). The GoRTT traditionally funded the TTHTI's Capital Development Budget and most of its Recurrent Budget by means of a subvention. The GoRTT also provided Government Assistance for Tuition Expenses (GATE) funding on an annual basis to the TTHTI.

The funding relationship and partnership as described above between the Government of Trinidad and Tobago and the THRTA stemmed from an IADB Project implemented in 1995, aimed at developing the hospitality and tourism industry in Trinidad and Tobago. A Memorandum of Understanding, which has since expired, existed between both parties; as well as a Management Contract which specifically provides that the THRTA “shall have overall governance and oversight of the Institute and shall be the sole shareholder of the Institute”.

Between 2016 and 2018, the Ministry of Education made several efforts to meet with the TTHTI to discuss certain anomalies as well as non-compliance with the reporting requirements established by the Ministry of Finance. The TTHTI failed to account for several years of expenditure specifically related to its subventions- which were in the order millions of Trinidad and Tobago dollars per year. In keeping with the Constitution, (Section 66D) the Annual Administrative Reports in respect of the TTHTI remain outstanding from 2013/2014 onwards. Under these circumstances, the subventions made to the Institution ceased in 2016.
All efforts by the MOE to have this situation remedied have not been met with compliance.

Further, by letter dated October 11, 2018, the Funding and Grants Administration Division of the Ministry of Education, which is responsible for processing applications for GATE funding, was advised by the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT) of the decision taken by the TTHTI to not pursue Continuing Institutional Accreditation with the ACTT, and to instead apply for Registration status. This had the effect of disqualifying enrolled students for GATE, which is only available for students at institutions accredited by the ACTT.

ACTT has advised that the TTHTI has not completed its registration process and is obliged to communicate any substantial change, such as permanent closure, to the ACTT. However, to date the ACTT has not received any formal communication from the TTHTI on its intention to cease operations. Concerns were also raised that the TTHTI has not submitted the required “Teach-Out” arrangement details that are usually made with a similar institution to ensure that registered students can be transferred in terms of their records, transcripts and documents, to ensure continuity.

The Ministry of Education wishes to assure that it is exploring all options to secure the availability of opportunities to seek advancement through training in Hospitality and Tourism to the public; and in addition, that the TTHTI fulfills its duty to the students affected by this decision.

Postby bluefete » August 22nd, 2020, 7:53 pm

So Frontin just walks away with zero accountability?

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 22nd, 2020, 7:53 pm

What's going on here?

118385092_3511370275553302_1219623843779556501_o.jpg

117650341_3511381728885490_6336833925833001767_o.jpg

Postby paid_influencer » August 22nd, 2020, 7:56 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:What's going on here?

seems like a former employee with an axe to grind.

Postby bluefete » August 22nd, 2020, 7:57 pm

I did say the 1st 3 lines were suspect. Here is why. A media release is supposed to make its way into the public forum. Not so?

Also, I tried to get into the TTHI FB page to verify before posting and it was missing.

Postby bluefete » August 22nd, 2020, 7:58 pm

Things getting really, really messy with this.

Postby paid_influencer » August 22nd, 2020, 8:20 pm

Things getting really, really messy with this.

if only there was some school that could teach them hospitality :drinking:

Let me say this as an #unaffected. It is good to have a private (not public) educational institute that teaches and certifies skills the private (not public) industry needs. If persons need to use their own funds or the company's funds, better still. It is the definition of a self-sufficient, sustainable industry. It seems after 2016, which was a economic boom year for Trinidad Hotels, TTHTI made moves to distance itself from government support.

Until 2020, when government support is the difference between closing down or staying open. Tobago get $50 mil cool cool. TTHTI close down. #unaffected #except for the higher taxes have to pay for the $50 mil

Postby Numb3r4 » August 22nd, 2020, 8:27 pm

This is just sad....

What does this mean overall for tourism as a whole? I assume this would further retard any sort of tourism recovery from COVID.

Postby wagonrunner » August 22nd, 2020, 9:06 pm

Postby matr1x » August 23rd, 2020, 12:52 am

I visited there some time ago.....waste of flicckin time. Pnm foresight, eh?

Postby RedVEVO » August 23rd, 2020, 2:35 am

Now this is very very strange .

First restaurants close and then close again .

Bars open and open again and close .

Then the school that supports these establishments with local training sudden close .

Then ALL schools close . And Petrotrin close .

Soon we will be the dumbest people in the World.

And the poorest .

Lou Screuz

Postby Lou Screuz » August 23rd, 2020, 3:54 am

RedVEVO wrote:Now this is very very strange .

First restaurants close and then close again .

Bars open and open again and close .

Then the school that supports these establishments with local training sudden close .

Then ALL schools close . And Petrotrin close .

Soon we will be the dumbest people in the World.

And the poorest .

what happen ?

no faith in our leaders ? :lol:

no worries - dr. rowley and his cabinet are not asleep at the wheel !

bluefete wrote:Raymond Philip

The truth about the TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM INSTITUTION.
‘’Preach but don’t practice’’

JUSTICE FOR TTHTI STUDENTS!

Please read carefully .

That is a strong statement that should be considered when gathering all of my thoughts right now on TTHTI . Everyone should be aware that the students knew the same day this news was announced for the public. The students were not given any notice beforehand nor under any circumstances were we aware of these decisions. However, many of you know the rationality of this institution . We all completed our payments for our courses. We are not fighting , all we want is justice for every student who is being wronged by TTHTI ; and the TRUTH behind bold statements that was made by this institution.

This is a disgrace of an institution, I am disgusted yet not surprised. They claim that we were doing so many hands-on training, but couldn’t even get sufficient supplies to carry out our practical classes , I must say this was before covid19 which was TTHTI’S saving grace?

On multiple occasions students had to buy ingredients because the school was unable to provide for practical classes even though those costs were factored into our initial fees . So I ask myself, why weren't they able to provide simple ingredients for classes?

Lectures stayed home because they weren’t being paid on time or there weren't any ingredients to go ahead with a practical session for the day. Enforcing new certification programs and not even having proper lectures to teach, but they kept requesting more money ? Sounds rhetoric to me but make what you want of it. Students didn’t even finish curriculums for certain courses that were already paid for. Sounds like empty promises to me but these are just the facts.

It is saddening to even think that such an institution preaches professionalism but yet fails to practice it . Can you imagine students were notified about the permanent closure of the school on the same day the story was released on news just a few hours before. I emphasize , students were seen as cheques and cash, their next “opportunity” .

Mistreating students, horrific management, running around like headless chickens with no answers to our questions. Student body ? what was that ? Just another thing postponed. Communication errors, lack of knowledge was the bare minimum . Was “fraudulent“ on their mission statement ? Because it surely was the main trend at TTHTI. TTHTI students definitely did not get value for their money and at least everyone can see it now .

We worked so hard to gain what? Even though there were so many rumours about this institute, most of us had a dream and we wanted to follow it. But what exactly was this institution like internally? Because they surely liked to portray a remarkable reputation.

Let’s start with the CEO, wait, where is he now ? I would say money was on his agenda, not the well-being of his students, the up keeping of the environment, making sure the equipment was working, or all the necessities of the buildings were kept in a training manner.
Their closing statement , “ it was a hands-on training institution ” more like pickpocketed sticky hands in our pockets institution. Half of the equipment and machines in the training kitchens weren’t working. The pipes kept leaking and didn’t have proper drainage, what about the sewage that was backing up into the kitchen ?. The fridges weren’t working and were always dusty.

A dead rat was even found in one of the kitchens. But did Mr CEO care? Not, he cared about setting prices and driving his fancy cars. Did the CEO do anything internally as he is always present on News? Was he even involved? Did he even look at us as students? Nope, he looked at us as checks or cash waiting around. Students didn’t even know who the CEO was because we were never addressed by him. What does that say about leadership ?

Is this the TTHTI that everyone knows ?

Let’s move on to MISS Registrar or should I say past registrar ,I am sure you are probably sitting in a chair and enjoying the news ,you manipulative woman. Boy ,did you give TTHTI a run. But what exactly did you do that was different from the CEO? You made the school seem as if it was the golden balance of success. But really, you just fooled everyone . You made it seem as if TTHTI was full of opportunities when really it was filled with grasses and asses.

With your non-listening abilities to make sure every student is being heard. Your excuses that made sure students were treated right, or even your advice on why students parents should rain their money into TTHTI or even the ability to misinform foreigners/ locals to even step foot in that school. How is it that you and MR BMW ( CEO ) aren’t sued as yet?

This isn’t even half of what exactly was happening at TTHTI. It was sad to see some of our best lecturers were paid little to nothing while the school was receiving so much money from students. When I say best lectures, I mean the good two or four. Even our previous head of academics. Like really, what was your job?

Or what on earth were you doing? Other than the causal eating in the dining room, eating in the cafe, trying to act as if you are professional, not reading the evaluation forms, not looking at the rates of failure for the AHELI finals and try to understand why was it so high, and not even looking into lectures that kids were crying to have let go! You were responsible for our education ?
Speaking of AHELI courses, let’s not forget the importance of these courses in all of the speeches.

Let’s not forget the praises and how much it should be “worth your money”. But TTHTI, we understand that all you are concerned about are the cheques but do you think preaching exceptional service may seem a bit hypocritical ? The irony. I strongly believe that management should look into taking these courses. You all needed the knowledge .

The cost to do an AHELI course, book fees, tuition fee, and the many other fees that would appear, you would think we were getting the best educational experience. The number of students who had to re-write AHELI exams and had to re-do courses multiple times, you would think the school has sufficient funds ? What about the food badges charged to us every semester, when students have been getting it on their own. Is that ethical ? I guess that was just another cover up ?

How about we say hello to our Caricom brothers and sisters? They got trapped within the lies of the institution and came to our beautiful TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO to pursue a diploma or degree. When I thought locals were paying way too much, trust me, foreigners were doubled and not in TT dollars, but in USD or EUROS.

But did TTHTI care for them ? In my opinion and the tears I saw from many, no they did not. These students left their home on false promises from this institution. They had no support from this school for their challenges . But they were making sure that whatever fees the school needed , it was up to date. The repeating rollercoaster of pain that they faced attending here. They all made this tremendously huge sacrifice to come here and pursue their dreams and what did they get in return?

WHY DON'T YOU TELL THE PUBLIC TTHTI ? You have no idea what these students had to go through just trying to continue their course and finish strong. You would think for a TOURISM educational facility , TTHTI would treat their foreigners better? . These students had no moral support here because they were away from their families . It is very difficult. We apologize to you ! The school wouldn’t say it, but I will! .

We all came here on false hope and the public could see what we got in return. TTHTI released bold statements about not having revenue , so where exactly was all of that money going ? It surely was not being invested into the structural aspect of the building , the maintenance of the property , and the education of the students which they paid for . It broke my heart to see the statements the management released.

This school chewed us up and spit us out . They hurt us, treated us not like their “valued customers”, but payment plans and downpayments walking around . I believe that all of us need some sort of justice .

You guys broke us down to our knees and into tears. I do not know how it is that you all had money issues when you guys were getting more than enough money . We all had a dream and with the torture and pain we felt from TTHTI ,not many of us still have that dream, spirit, or mindset. Not many of us even want to see a hotel , knife , be in a kitchen , or even hear anything that has to do with hospitality .

Many of us were hoping you get your act together and provide better experiences for the future students who have the same dreams and ambitions . We were hoping you all wouldn't crush it or make them feel what we did. There is always a cry for money at this institution. Do not be fooled by their bold statements. There are many more stories to the truth of TTHTI . Trust me, it will break your hearts. This is probably the most dreadful shocking news . But , what upset everyone was the lies and as mentioned before, their bold statements.

The_Honourable wrote:Full story buss on fb...

When I became a lecturer at TTHTI back in 2012, I was scared shitless. I was only 24 years old and despite having confidence in my fantastic work ethic and culinary competence, I doubted that I would have enough knowledge to maneuver through teaching others who chose the path that I also walked as a student. Dr. Patricia Butcher took a chance on me as a young chef and hired me to teach baking and pastry arts my first semester. I took this responsibility so seriously as I remembered my years there as a student and vowed to myself that I would give everything to become better, so that any student that I crossed paths with would also become better over time. This is why this news is quite bitter sweet, to learn today, that the rumors of TTHTI’s permanent closure are true. Sweet, because the shell of an institute that Dr. Butcher and other awesome professions created is finally being put out of its misery (NOT THE CURRENT CLOWNS that have run it into the ground... but I digress, we coming back there just now) Bitter, because I take this as a direct insult and I’m hurt to see what a mess this sheit show has become to a place that I thought I had found a permanent home and would eventually one day retire. I left in 2017 not because I couldn’t take the jamming that I saw coming, but because I could not in good conscience be part and parcel of an institution that I didn’t have faith in anymore and that didn’t care about the core values that we all swore by as lecturers and hospitality professionals.

While Covid-19 aka Rona from Corona has indeed thrown a big ole spoke in the bicycle wheel that we were all merrily riding along on, and probably really was the nail in the coffin for TTHTI, it’s amazing to see that the Frontish lead gang of frauds are using this and the lack of “communication” from the government about receiving the subventions over the years as an excuse to make themselves look good. LAUGHABLE. The memory that some of you have been blessed with is quite sheit in my humble opinion, but let me remind you quickly. It’s the same government that YOU said you didn’t want GATE funds from and tried to make look bad, because YOU thought you could have gotten more money from students if they paid their tuition on their own. Y’all lied to the students about that whole scene and when water was more than flour, brought in some ridiculous American program to make their degrees look like something. So am I to understand that the government should bail y’all out of the ridiculous debt y’all in and pay lecturers and staff who you still have money for years now? But y’all were knowingly spending bad money and have shut people up who have been trying to show y’all ways to make the school sustainable yearssss now? LAUGHABLE.

Why don’t they come out and say it was the retarded and incompetent yes men and women that held top management spots for years, for their demise? Imagine I got reprimanded by a superior for trying to “go over her SHORT head” for properly costing a program that I was teaching and showing them the areas they needed to patch up before it got out of control. Imagine your work being taken by your superiors on numerous occasions and them passing it off as their own, but not being able to fully explain it and therefore the idea had to be shelved. Imagine going to their superiors and trying to have some kind of course of action taken, and you being told “that’s who’s in charge and we stand by their advice.” Imagine the two most prominent and important departments being run by heads who ironically didn’t know their head from their arsehole and never missed an opportunity to kick their top educators under the bus when their backs were against a wall. Imagine people who don’t know anything about education trying to run a school!!! LAUGHABLE.

The management of the currently disbanded TTHTI should hold their heads in shame for misleading these young people the way they have been. It’s sad and distasteful to see that y’all sat in positions not knowing the ins and outs of running an institution but refused to accept the fact that y’all were not capable in the least. Y’all came in there with one mission and it has finally been accomplished. Congrats you have the title of “The Clowns Who Dismantled An Institution Responsible For The Training Of Thousands of World Class Chefs, Pastry Chefs, Bartenders, F&B Managers, Hoteliers, and Hospitality Professionals” because they wanted to play a game of let’s see who have the biggest balls. Y’all should have realized long ago that this is people’s lives that y’all played with and stopped the pissing contest. Your inability to see that this industry and what it does for the world is bigger than your stupid egos, is quite sad. But nah, when power and titles become your gods, this is the result..... I hope your God forgives your deeds, because I take this personally and won’t be forgetting this anytime soon.

Covid-19 has brought you to your knees finally and I am happy y’all are no longer at the helm of such an important training ground. Y’all are quite short sighted in figuring out a way around this disease. There is now a need for someone with the ability, and the LOVE OF PROPER EDUCATION, to step in and figure it out for y’all. I have hope that there will be another institute like the TTHTI that I remember, that will emerge from this sheit show. Good riddance to the fronters and their band of merry clowns. The institute nor I will miss your lack of expertise.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/simmone.edwin/ ... 1092911125

you just know that this kind of cacaholery

is going on all over this place - not just TTHTI