Forums

The Official Skybox Thread: Take 2

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: The Official Skybox Thread: Take 2

Postby daxt0r » August 22nd, 2020, 1:24 pm

All good on websrc still, this shipment had 25 items and weighed 22 pound and worth a little less than 2000usd and the anal lube was not needed as d folks here put it.
With prime u can use Amazon Day to select the furthest possible day for the shipment to allow max consolidation and you get back a few dollars from Amazon too.
Ah notice when multiple things in a box customs do hit as hard as if same items shipped individually.
Untitled.png

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » August 22nd, 2020, 2:57 pm

If everybody imports subject to the same taxes across the board, then the only factor that can vary now is freight fees

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » August 22nd, 2020, 4:08 pm

daxt0r wrote:All good on websrc still, this shipment had 25 items and weighed 22 pound and worth a little less than 2000usd and the anal lube was not needed as d folks here put it.
With prime u can use Amazon Day to select the furthest possible day for the shipment to allow max consolidation and you get back a few dollars from Amazon too.
Ah notice when multiple things in a box customs do hit as hard as if same items shipped individually.
Untitled.png
Your numbers don't make any sense for a claimed value of US$2000. VAT on TT$2000 is $250. Even the OPT charge puts this more in the US$100 value range.

Perhaps you imported 0% tax payable or personal effects items but there is no value in discussing the cumulative tax paid when individual values and duties payable are ignored.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » August 22nd, 2020, 5:21 pm

He said it was worth 2000 us. Obviously the value customs taxes on wasnt that.

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » August 22nd, 2020, 6:07 pm

How ocean shipping times looking lately?

I still looking for a company to ship some items through ocean...any recommendations?

Last recommendation I got was for tropical and then everybody complained/still complaining

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » August 22nd, 2020, 8:29 pm

adnj wrote:
daxt0r wrote:All good on websrc still, this shipment had 25 items and weighed 22 pound and worth a little less than 2000usd and the anal lube was not needed as d folks here put it.
Untitled.png
Your numbers don't make any sense for a claimed value of US$2000. VAT on TT$2000 is $250. Even the OPT charge puts this more in the US$100 value range.

Perhaps you imported 0% tax payable or personal effects items but there is no value in discussing the cumulative tax paid when individual values and duties payable are ignored.

lol i doubt some J's an Michael Kors bags are considered personal effect but apparel as websrc invoice shows as well as the myriad of baby products, laptop an misc electronic and clothes items that were also in the box all of which carry heavy duties. I believe the key is all items together an no invoice provided so some weird figure is derived using whatever math dey does use in customs as dey too lazy to look up everything.

As for sea shipping ah turn left ah turn rite try all kinda ppl an hav to settle with Seabox despite meh grouses with dem cuz dey like websrc will not fuss too much with low or non-present invoices, Ex: brought in an samsonite winfield 2 luggage combo, with shipping weight of about 30 pounds for about 280usd on amazon and their fee was only around 547ttd AND i got it about 3 weeks after order.

I feel maybe they does look at the specific item types or smth but i can't really say customs charging anymore and i does bring in all kinda ting under the sun (from things simple as twinkies to hybrid battery parts lol), if anything it jus slower sometimes.

shottah_crew
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby shottah_crew » August 22nd, 2020, 8:49 pm

I ordered something on Black Friday 2019, delivered in Miami in November and got it in June, 2020 while several other sea orders made in 2020 arrived before it. Also, the customer service is down the drain now. Every person you speak to gives you a different reason for the delay. Still waiting on some orders from March 2020.

I've been with Blue Sky over 4 years now. Their price and convenience of consolidation was awesome when the service worked, but with no more consolidation, and this new standard of service, I think this might be my last order with them.

Any other companies offering consolidation and ocean freight? Saw Archer Express advertising on fb, but never heard abt them before.

Forerunner
Ricer

Postby Forerunner » August 22nd, 2020, 9:09 pm

Biggest mistake I made was trying out a Shipping company from Facebook Called I&N shipping and electronics I've been running them down to get the wrong item they sente shipped back out since December with no luck only getting a set of runarounds,I would of been better off with aeropost yes

greggle71
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby greggle71 » August 22nd, 2020, 11:33 pm

Trans Express Limited does air and sea

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » August 27th, 2020, 7:21 am

I am not sure if this was mentioned before but Aeropost closed its Couva and Diego Martin branches last month. They only have Marabella and Fernandez for Trinidad now.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » August 27th, 2020, 8:03 pm

Anybody knows whats up with EZONE... USPS says package is delivered to the skybox in MIAMI and days passed and they still not posting it up???

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » August 27th, 2020, 8:15 pm

Gladiator wrote:Anybody knows whats up with EZONE... USPS says package is delivered to the skybox in MIAMI and days passed and they still not posting it up???

culprit identified.

USPS tracking is very sketchy. They mark things as "delivered" long before it is even sent out. Some times I've even had the opposite, tracking says its undeliverable and then it shows up at the skybox normel normel a few days later.

give it a few more days, if it goes a week and a half and nothing shows up, then start emailing or calling.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » August 28th, 2020, 8:02 am

anyone know if amazon stop accepting VTM cards ? it worked in july but someting seems to be wrong now.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » August 28th, 2020, 8:13 am

Getting problems with mine also, not with amazon, but weird declined transactions
screwbash wrote:anyone know if amazon stop accepting VTM cards ? it worked in july but someting seems to be wrong now.

Arcmanov
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Arcmanov » August 28th, 2020, 9:16 am

With VTM cards you have to make sure you have a few more dollars available balance. I find now that VTM transactions are declined unless my card balance is at least 7 US more than the item I'm buying.

Just add about 8 to 10 US on your VTM and try the transaction again.

Don't ask me why this works, but it does.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » August 28th, 2020, 11:37 am

I had like 100us more on the card and transaction failed
Arcmanov wrote:With VTM cards you have to make sure you have a few more dollars available balance. I find now that VTM transactions are declined unless my card balance is at least 7 US more than the item I'm buying.

Just add about 8 to 10 US on your VTM and try the transaction again.

Don't ask me why this works, but it does.

Arcmanov
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Arcmanov » August 28th, 2020, 1:15 pm

Hmmm, not sure what happening there.
Mine still works, but I know RBL phasing out tbose VTM cards gradually.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » August 28th, 2020, 2:58 pm

I order a carburetor for my bush wacker here and a apple USB dongle

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/foru ... ters.5541/

^ According to scientific measurements it legit is one of the cleanest sounding DAC/AMP for headphones ever made.

I also ordered a USBC to USBA adapter to connect it to my PC, I will use it to power my Sennheiser HD58X Jubilee and HD6XX

I sent the invoice for $29 which is how much the dongle and carburetor and adapter cost.
They actually charged me LESS than what I was supposed to pay. So I quietly put away the KY lube and didn't say a word.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » August 28th, 2020, 4:54 pm

not sure if it is the bank messing with the card or it is amazon directly. the card valid till 2022 so i dont see why d fuq republic wud mess around with the card.

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » August 28th, 2020, 5:04 pm

screwbash wrote:not sure if it is the bank messing with the card or it is amazon directly. the card valid till 2022 so i dont see why d fuq republic wud mess around with the card.

You sure you aint go over the US cycle limit? I always thought i could use money on the republic credit card and once i pay back on time, np. Apparently if you exceed the cycle US limit you hada wait for the next cycle for to start using the US again.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » August 28th, 2020, 5:35 pm

eitech wrote:
screwbash wrote:not sure if it is the bank messing with the card or it is amazon directly. the card valid till 2022 so i dont see why d fuq republic wud mess around with the card.

You sure you aint go over the US cycle limit? I always thought i could use money on the republic credit card and once i pay back on time, np. Apparently if you exceed the cycle US limit you hada wait for the next cycle for to start using the US again.

its a vtm card or debit "credit" card where you ass money to the card which is now 100USD max a day and you spend what is on the card. you cant go over the limit. unless they change it now and it like a normal credit card.

d.d.s.
Sweet on this forum

Postby d.d.s. » August 28th, 2020, 6:06 pm

Arcmanov wrote:Hmmm, not sure what happening there.
Make sure to use out the USD. RBL reimbursed me the balance in TTD at the flipping buying rate when my card expired.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » August 28th, 2020, 6:15 pm

d.d.s. wrote:
Arcmanov wrote:Hmmm, not sure what happening there.
Make sure to use out the USD. RBL reimbursed me the balance in TTD at the flipping buying rate when my card expired.

theory: they might be putting in a monthly transaction limit (similar to how RBL credit cards work now), separate and apart from the USD balance. Explicitly for the reason the above.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » August 28th, 2020, 7:37 pm

i feel them mc know people will start to push money into amazon an other gift cards for when they devalue the USD in the budget next month so they do some sheit to frustrate we.

d.d.s.
Sweet on this forum

Postby d.d.s. » September 4th, 2020, 10:59 pm

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » September 4th, 2020, 11:08 pm

d.d.s. wrote:Image

Gaming PCs included? If not a Ryzen 4800 2070 laptop is fine for now.

Jade_Inc.
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Jade_Inc. » September 4th, 2020, 11:26 pm

430 to clear
Jade_Inc. wrote:Ordered a phone for 203usd. Delivered to the skybox today, waiting with ky

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » September 5th, 2020, 6:14 am

Not bad price at all

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 5th, 2020, 6:18 am

All taxes.
Include Duties, VAT and the Online tax?

francis1979
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby francis1979 » September 5th, 2020, 7:02 am

With reduction in aircraft fuel of approximately 50% comparing pre - COVID and current pricing; is it still correct for some skybox to be charging fuel surface as 2019

One skybox company still charges 17%

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”