TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Turbo Civic No start

Fit, Civic, Integra, CR-V, Accord, Legend - Do NOT post FS or WTB here!!!

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

zofenope
Riding on 13's

Turbo Civic No start

Postby zofenope » November 16th, 2020, 3:20 am

Hello everyone, This is my first time posting to this website. I have a 97 Civic with a d16y8. I pulled the engine last year and rebuilt it (pistons,rods,springs,retainers,cometic gaskets,etc.)
After reinstalation into the car I added a cheap ebay turbo kit. Currently I cannot get the car running without ether. I have verified my ecu with a known good one, the main relay is functioning, the fuel pump is priming, the injectors are firing( I pulled them out with the rail and visually verified fuel was squirting) I have fresh gas in the tank, I have spark, I new plugs gapped accordingly. I have tried unplugging the map and other various sensors.

Im kinda at a loss here of where to go next. I have yet to test compression but seing as this is a fresh motor and its able to run on ether Ive kinda strayed from bothering to check. Any input would be apreciated. I will also note that the cel does stay on after key is turned and these are the codes
P0117
P1259
P0700
P1758
P1768
Previous owner swapped in a manual transmission and disconected all the auto stuff. Dont think this has anything to do either since the car ran before the rebuild.
Any input would be very much appreciated!

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: Turbo Civic No start

Postby Dave » November 16th, 2020, 6:32 am

You mentioned new spark plugs but did you check for spark?

Advertisement

Return to “HONDA”