Forums

AV Drilling wins its case

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

AV Drilling wins its case

Postby abducted » June 12th, 2021, 12:57 pm

Remember the Fake Oil allegations against AV Drilling?
Well, AV Drilling won its case. Yet another lawsuit we pay for because of false allegations from Kamla.

93ABC7A1-BB96-4473-8285-B54A8A8FC4E3.jpeg

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Re: AV Drilling wins its case

Postby ProtonPowder » June 12th, 2021, 12:58 pm

It would have been a civil case which means that AV just had to have a 1% better argument than the state.

Our AG capable of even packing his own briefcase?

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » June 12th, 2021, 12:59 pm

Is either you have evidence or not.

Or AV lawyers better than Kamla's.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 12th, 2021, 12:59 pm

Kamla continues to cost us money at the expense of our hard earned tax dollars.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » June 12th, 2021, 1:21 pm

them is not the pm padna? what else you expect. how illiterate to blame kamla. galbaransingh is a former pm padna and he get away also. them know to fix theyself to suit.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » June 12th, 2021, 1:24 pm

Wait till Ramesh makes his claim.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » June 12th, 2021, 1:33 pm

LOL state lawyers probably get told to stand down and dont fight up too much

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » June 12th, 2021, 1:45 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:LOL state lawyers probably get told to stand down and dont fight up too much

The Judiciary itself has many jetsers playing politics in order to seek promotions or favours.

By the way is there an official credible source where we can get details from and not a biased social media blogger?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 12th, 2021, 2:52 pm

abducted wrote:Remember the Fake Oil allegations against AV Drilling?
Well, AV Drilling won its case. Yet another lawsuit we pay for because of false allegations from Kamla.

Fake news

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » June 12th, 2021, 2:56 pm

abducted wrote:Remember the Fake Oil allegations against AV Drilling?

Well your criminal leaders shut down Petrotrin and destroy all the evidence swiftly and crash the case before it even start...what did you expect!

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 12th, 2021, 2:58 pm

MaxPower wrote:Kamla continues to cost us money at the expense of our hard earned tax dollars.
How much email gate cost?

You like fake news?

Stop being a kant

pjfred
Trinituner Peong

Postby pjfred » June 12th, 2021, 3:14 pm

Anv is a peenm stronghold from long time, as peenm win they won their case. Just imagine one of the main witnesses was frightened to take the stand then when he did all he was asked was his name, job title and how he felt that day. He replied and was thanked for his help then left. Didnt this same government pardon malcolm jones the minute they gained office they throw out the case and gave him a multi million dollar contract which they broke early and had to pay him in full as a result of ending the contract prematurely. Good thing he died a few months later for his thievery.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » June 12th, 2021, 8:24 pm

As far as I remember, A&V sent oil to Petrotrin and expected to be paid. Petrotrin claimed it wasn't enough oil and they went into arbitration according to their lease operator agreement. Arbitration landed in A&V's favour. I don't think it was a lawsuit, but A&V getting paid for the oil they sent.

However, since they won the arbitration, I hope Kamla has enough to pay for her mouth with this lawsuit https://tt.loopnews.com/content/av-file ... ion-leader

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 12th, 2021, 8:32 pm

Habit7 wrote:As far as I remember, A&V sent oil to Petrotrin and expected to be paid. Petrotrin claimed it wasn't enough oil and they went into arbitration according to their lease operator agreement. Arbitration landed in A&V's favour. I don't think it was a lawsuit, but A&V getting paid for the oil they sent.

However, since they won the arbitration, I hope Kamla has enough to pay for her mouth with this lawsuit https://tt.loopnews.com/content/av-file ... ion-leader

You realize one doesn't necessarily hinge on the other right?

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » June 12th, 2021, 9:00 pm

A&V sent oil..... Pfftttt

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » June 12th, 2021, 9:01 pm

De Dragon wrote:
Habit7 wrote:As far as I remember, A&V sent oil to Petrotrin and expected to be paid. Petrotrin claimed it wasn't enough oil and they went into arbitration according to their lease operator agreement. Arbitration landed in A&V's favour. I don't think it was a lawsuit, but A&V getting paid for the oil they sent.

Yes it does, her statements were defamatory and now even more so.

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » June 12th, 2021, 9:24 pm

A&V should be paid for the oil he supplied . In imaginary dollars .

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 12th, 2021, 10:14 pm

Habit7 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

Yes it does, her statements were defamatory and now even more so.

Sorry, I forgot you were the one with the law degree who wishes convictions on people :roll: :roll:

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » June 13th, 2021, 2:08 am

If pnm jacklegs did do a bit of reading, this case that went to arbitration has nothing to do with Kamla.

The case was between Petrotrin and AV Drilling. AV contract was terminated in Dec 2017 based on a May 2017 audit report by Petrotrin's Internal Audit Department backed up by a Canadian forensic auditing firm and further by an independent energy consultancy firm that there were fluctuations in crude drilled from the Catshill field. Report was leaked to the public and it was termed "Fake Oil". The Media and the opposition went all the way on that story.

Phone Surgeon wrote:LOL state lawyers probably get told to stand down and dont fight up too much

I would not be surprised. Malcolm Jones case was dropped by Faris in the first 6 months as AG. Would not be surprised this case was allowed to flounder plus the state's poor record at the Privy Council.

We need to find out who were the attorneys representing Petrotrin. I believe the judgement will be made public on the JCPC website in the next few days.

Media quiet tho...

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 13th, 2021, 3:04 am

The_Honourable wrote:If pnm jacklegs did do a bit of reading, this case that went to arbitration has nothing to do with Kamla.

The case was between Petrotrin and AV Drilling. AV contract was terminated in Dec 2017 based on a May 2017 audit report by Petrotrin's Internal Audit Department backed up by a Canadian forensic auditing firm and further by an independent energy consultancy firm that there were fluctuations in crude drilled from the Catshill field. Report was leaked to the public and it was termed "Fake Oil". The Media and the opposition went all the way on that story.

I would not be surprised. Malcolm Jones case was dropped by Faris in the first 6 months as AG. Would not be surprised this case was allowed to flounder plus the state's poor record at the Privy Council.

We need to find out who were the attorneys representing Petrotrin. I believe the judgement will be made public on the JCPC website in the next few days.

Media quiet tho...

You mean like Tuntsy a few posts up? :lol:
Then he proceed to be even more of an arse by doubling down. He reminds me of those dotish bullfighting bulls, you wave a cloth, yellow in this case not red, and say "Kamla" and out he comes with this dotish mindless charging :lol: :lol:

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » June 13th, 2021, 4:41 am

The_Honourable wrote:If pnm jacklegs did do a bit of reading, this case that went to arbitration has nothing to do with Kamla.

Media quiet tho...

They probably keeping it in their back pocket as a distraction. When the vaccination drives start failing again come monday they might pull it out and pass blame on kamla.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » June 13th, 2021, 5:03 am

SO IF PETROTRIN CLOSED DOWN AND IS NO MORE HOW THE FUQ THEY CAN WIN THE CASE AGAINST PETROTRIN AND GET PAID FROM A COMPANY THAT IS NO LONGER IN EXISTANCE?
WHAT KIND A FORKERY IS THIS I HEARING

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » June 13th, 2021, 6:14 am

PT has a holding company i believe, invoices are still sent to them for payment and hence they are a legal entity that can be brought to the courts.

but on another note, so allyuh see why Quamina, a totally unqualified PNM stooge was placed into PT, so ontop of collecting state funds in salary he make sure he next PNM padna win he case despite two independent international auditors corroborated PT findings say it impossible to produce the amount of oil from the well, wonder what his cut is going to be?

That's the PNM way; install yuh friends in hi gh positions without qualifications, corrupt all the systems for your profit and illegitimate legal gain, then throw pittance to the hyenas to fight over and squabble all the while they blind too see is Trinidad is losing here. A wonder if KCR will call he a greedy businessman too like what he called the hardware owners if he does sue? Then again at least them supplying you with overpriced cement, AV didn't supply anything is jus free money the PNM way, lol.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » June 13th, 2021, 6:22 am

sam1978 wrote:A&V should be paid for the oil he supplied . In imaginary dollars .

Perfect. :lol:

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » June 13th, 2021, 7:05 am

Media quiet tho...

Spot on with the arbitration. Arbiters said "Petrotrin did not have reasonable grounds for suspecting that A&V misconducted itself and was entitled to compensation for the wrongful termination of the agreement" but "Petrotrin hired Kroll to conduct a forensic audit based on a report done by its internal audit department on its exploration and production operations for January to July, 2018. The audit department found the lease operator had overstated its production capacity and supplies for which Petrotrin paid an estimated US$8 million. Kroll confirmed the Petrotrin audit report, which Gaffney Cline also corroborated stating that the Catshill reservoir was not capable of producing the volumes stated by A&V."

"In February 2018, Petrotrin announced the termination of the operator’s contract on December 22, 2017, in a bid to protect its interest.

This followed the Privy Council’s denial of permission to A&V to appeal a previous ruling made in the local court of appeal that allowed Petrotrin to terminate the contract, which included the State-owned oil company taking into their possession A&V’s assets."

Why did this go to arbitration?

How can the arbiters claim the company did not have reasonable grounds when both Kroll and Gaffney Cline indicated fraudulent activity took place.

The Privy Council denied A&V permission to appeal the termination of the agreement but somehow this matter ended up in arbitration where the arbiters just disregarded the ruling of the Privy Council and two forensic audits.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » June 13th, 2021, 7:09 am

A&V wins 'fake oil' case, stands to get $1 billion payment

JADA LOUTOO
3 HRS AGO

In this 2017 file photo, A&V Oil owner Nazim Baksh, right, with Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley during a tour of flood affected areas in Penal.

A&V Oil has won its case against the now-defunct state-owned energy company Petrotrin and stands to benefit from close to $1 billion payment for the failure to honour outstanding bills on the premise that fake invoices were submitted for oil it never supplied.

The company, owned by a close friend of the Prime Minister, now stands to receive the $84 million being held in escrow, to settle an unpaid invoice for crude oil it supplied and damages which are yet to be quantified but could bring the total sum owed to the operator to $1 billion.

These were the findings and decisions by arbiters Sir Dennis Byron, former president of the Caribbean Court of Justice (CCJ), who also served as chairman of the arbitration panel; Lord David Hope and retired CCJ judge Humphrey Stollmeyer, in the arbitration ruling between A&V and Petrotrin, according to details obtained by Sunday Newsday.

In the unanimous decision, the three arbiters held that Petrotrin failed to establish A&V engaged in seal tampering or any inappropriate practices in the process of delivering crude oil and was entitled to payment.

They also held that Petrotrin did not have reasonable grounds for suspecting that A&V misconducted itself and was entitled to compensation for the wrongful termination of the agreement.

Petrotrin’s counter-claim was also dismissed by the three arbiters who held that the company did not have reasonable grounds for suspecting A&V engaged in fraudulent activity.

Contacted on Saturday, A&V’s lead attorney, Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj, SC, said he had not yet read the decision since he had surgery on his eyes earlier in the day.

He referred to Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar’s revelations at a public meeting, accusing A&V Oil of supplying fake oil to Petrotrin which was permitted because the lease operator’s owner Nazim Baksh was a very good friend of Dr Rowley.

Maharaj said Persad-Bissessar used an incomplete audit to make her claims and said he immediately wrote to Petrotrin informing them the allegations were false.

He said Petrotrin ignored his letter and, instead, appointed two foreign companies, Kroll Consulting Canada Co and Gaffney, Cline & Associates of the United Kingdom to conduct audits.

Petrotrin hired Kroll to conduct a forensic audit based on a report done by its internal audit department on its exploration and production operations for January to July, 2018. The audit department found the lease operator had overstated its production capacity and supplies for which Petrotrin paid an estimated US$8 million. Kroll confirmed the Petrotrin audit report, which Gaffney Cline also corroborated stating that the Catshill reservoir was not capable of producing the volumes stated by A&V.

Maharaj said he warned if Petrotrin carried out the threat to terminate its contract with A&V, “it would be a reckless act and taxpayers would have to pay millions in legal fees to have an arbitration because A&V would be able to recover all expenses.

“Petrotrin has no evidence to support what the leader of the opposition said and ignored all representations made to it, did not consult with us and terminated the contract.”

Maharaj said it was important that the public knew the findings of the arbitration ruling, and wants the Government to have it laid in Parliament as part of the public record since taxpayers dollars “were spent in a reckless manner."

He also said Persad-Bissessar had a duty to apologise to A&V Oil and Baksh.

“This is not an issue which should be buried in silence…It must be open and transparent for the public to examine it and taxpayers to know how their money is to be spent and if more will be spent in appeals.’

He said he spoke to Baksh who says he wants justice.

Maharaj said he will say more on the ruling once he is in a position to read the decision himself.

In February 2018, Petrotrin announced the termination of the operator’s contract on December 22, 2017, in a bid to protect its interest.

This followed the Privy Council’s denial of permission to A&V to appeal a previous ruling made in the local court of appeal that allowed Petrotrin to terminate the contract, which included the State-owned oil company taking into their possession A&V’s assets.

Messages sent to both Attorney General Faris Al-Rawi and Energy Minister Stuart Young were left unanswered.

https://newsday.co.tt/2021/06/13/av-wins-fake-oil-case-stands-to-get-1-billion-payment/

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » June 13th, 2021, 7:27 am

The arbitration may have nothing to do with Kamla, but defamation lawsuit A&V started against her does.

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » June 13th, 2021, 7:48 am

Habit7 wrote:

The arbitration may have nothing to do with Kamla, but defamation lawsuit A&V started against her does.

What's stopping the lawsuit? Have they filed?

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » June 13th, 2021, 8:23 am

Like you are a "PNM jackleg" too
Habit7 wrote:However, since they won the arbitration, I hope Kamla has enough to pay for her mouth with this lawsuit https://tt.loopnews.com/content/av-file ... ion-leader

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 13th, 2021, 8:48 am

Will have to refresh the memory.
But this case was fir incorrectly terminating the contract, against the terms of their contract.

This only went to show that when canceling av, the proper procedure wasn't followed.

Same ting like George Floyd, the incorrect procedure was applied, so the a testing party had fault

This did not prove that the av drilling did not defraud petrotrin of monies with fake oil.

Why the state didn't pursue the that embezzlement, well Rowley called nazim baksh the same night the story was on news, petrotrin closed down, we don't know what happened to the documents, and the pm's personal lawyer was made a director of the subsequent boards.

It seemed like another easy way to put monies in av drilling hands.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”