TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Are you taking the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Yes, I am already vaccinated.
67%
Yes, I am awaiting vaccination.
10%
No, I don't want it.
16%
I am not sure.
7%

Total votes: 121

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby adnj » September 5th, 2021, 10:12 pm

hover11 wrote:Lemme know what you find

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 6th, 2021, 8:05 am

Third COVID Vaccine Dose Could Be the Last

— Experts point to longer interval between doses providing more robust immunity

Peter Hotez, MD, PhD, of Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, said on CNN Monday night that a 3-week interval between the first and second doses of Pfizer's mRNA vaccine, for instance, may not have been enough time to spur an extended immune response, with the initial shots acting only as a primary immunization.

An 8-month lag, on the other hand, could boost immunity significantly, Hotez said, with the potential to yield high levels of virus-neutralizing antibody and an immune response that is "really robust."

"That may be it for a while, we may not need annual boosters," Hotez said. "This could be the third and done."

Since it's typical for antibodies to wane over time, it's common for vaccines to be administered in multiple doses over a longer time period. People get three shots over a 6-month period for hepatitis B, for instance, and a four-dose regimen is recommended for polio.

"In fact, it is unusual to give a one-dose, give-and-go vaccine," John Moore, PhD, professor of microbiology and immunology at Weill Cornell Medicine in New York, told MedPage Today. "Most vaccines require at least two shots."

https://www.medpagetoday.com/special-re ... ives/94089

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » September 6th, 2021, 9:48 am

i hope so oui

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » September 6th, 2021, 9:51 am

I know some trinis who have 2 SP and plan on getting 2 Pfizer........good on them yes lol

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » September 6th, 2021, 9:57 am

adnj wrote:Third COVID Vaccine Dose Could Be the Last

Peter Hotez, MD, PhD, of Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, said on CNN Monday night that a 3-week interval between the first and second doses of Pfizer's mRNA vaccine, for instance, may not have been enough time to spur an extended immune response, with the initial shots acting only as a primary immunization.

An 8-month lag, on the other hand, could boost immunity significantly, Hotez said, with the potential to yield high levels of virus-neutralizing antibody and an immune response that is "really robust."

"That may be it for a while, we may not need annual boosters," Hotez said. "This could be the third and done."

Since it's typical for antibodies to wane over time, it's common for vaccines to be administered in multiple doses over a longer time period. People get three shots over a 6-month period for hepatitis B, for instance, and a four-dose regimen is recommended for polio.

"In fact, it is unusual to give a one-dose, give-and-go vaccine," John Moore, PhD, professor of microbiology and immunology at Weill Cornell Medicine in New York, told MedPage Today. "Most vaccines require at least two shots."

But how this is the 1st time we hearing anybody saying this? How was this one shot fda approved? Is Johnson and Johnson just more technologically advanced that they could've made one vaccine that performing just as good two?

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » September 6th, 2021, 10:13 am

:google:

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » September 6th, 2021, 10:29 am

Mmoney607 wrote:

But how this is the 1st time we hearing anybody saying this? How was this one shot fda approved? Is Johnson and Johnson just more technologically advanced that they could've made one vaccine that performing just as good two?
So they tested this on the Mu variant yet ?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 6th, 2021, 10:49 am

Dohplaydat wrote:I know some trinis who have 2 SP and plan on getting 2 Pfizer........good on them yes lol

they plan on lying to MOH? what happens when they get that verification call?

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » September 6th, 2021, 11:04 am

aaron17 wrote:
Mmoney607 wrote:

So they tested this on the Mu variant yet ?

Good question. Is anyone working on updated vaccines seeing that these vacancies currently in use are not the the job promised against variants?

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » September 6th, 2021, 12:54 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:I know some trinis who have 2 SP and plan on getting 2 Pfizer........good on them yes lol
It have some brave ppl playing pokemon with vax "gotta catch em all"

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » September 6th, 2021, 1:06 pm

It have some people doing the same with viruses

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » September 6th, 2021, 1:11 pm

gastly369 wrote:

Pokérus

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » September 6th, 2021, 1:28 pm

Just plain Pokey

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » September 6th, 2021, 1:31 pm

You should consult your doctor and official channels with respect to any sort of mixing of vaccines.

The layman isn't capable of understanding what goes on.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » September 6th, 2021, 1:40 pm

redmanjp wrote:

they plan on lying to MOH? what happens when they get that verification call?

Ask them, though I doubt MoH can prove it either way.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » September 6th, 2021, 1:46 pm

Also, don't quote me on this, but I recall seeing a top doctor or researcher explicitly state there is nothing harmful about mixing vaccines.

I'm not the one doing this and normally I would not recommend it, but if vaccine hesitancy remains high and vaccines are in danger of expiring then let them go for Pfizer.

I know many who are considering it and as far as I know MoH has no digital records tying vaccines to you.

I also see on Facebook this girl lost she vaccine card and saying she going for Pfizer.

Is there a mechanism inplace for lost vaccination cards!

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » September 6th, 2021, 2:38 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:Also, don't quote me on this, but I recall seeing a top doctor or researcher explicitly state there is nothing harmful about mixing vaccines.

I'm not the one doing this and normally I would not recommend it, but if vaccine hesitancy remains high and vaccines are in danger of expiring then let them go for Pfizer.

I know many who are considering it and as far as I know MoH has no digital records tying vaccines to you.

I also see on Facebook this girl lost she vaccine card and saying she going for Pfizer.

too late!!

0rb1tz
Street 2NR

Postby 0rb1tz » September 6th, 2021, 2:48 pm

gastly369 wrote:

2 Pfizer shots are not required for completed 2-shot Sinopharm. Just 1 booster mRNA.

There is nothing wrong with with mixing vaccines. This has been the practice in Canada, who also extended the time between shots by at least 4 additional weeks. They scheduled the 2nd shot at 8 to 12 weeks after the 1st shot while everyone else in the world was doing 3 to 4 weeks. It turns out that we are now seeing that Canada's vaccines policies have been very sound and scientific as determined by the panel of experts at the advisory board of Health Canada. Mixing vaccines give a wider range of immunogenicity, and more time between booster shots up to 6 months "spur an extended immune response." New info on Covid vaccines is being published out all the time, but Canada seems like they were always ahead of this game with their policies.

Recommendations for those vaccinated with vaccines not authorized by Health Canada

Offering one additional dose of an mRNA vaccine for those who have had a complete or incomplete course/series of a non-Health Canada authorized vaccine fulfils these criteria.

If the person has had an incomplete series of a non-Health Canada authorized vaccine, the addition of one mRNA vaccine will be considered a complete series.

If the person has had a complete course/series of a non-Health Canada authorized vaccine, the mRNA vaccine is expected to optimize protection.

If the individual has already received three doses of any COVID-19 vaccine, no further doses would be recommended at this time.
This recommendation will be revisited as further evidence becomes available.

Individuals planning to stay in Canada for longer periods of time (i.e., to live, work or study in Canada) who have received one or two doses of a non-Health Canada authorized vaccine should be offered one additional dose of an mRNA vaccine soon after arrival in Canada.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/ ... study.html

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 6th, 2021, 3:50 pm

so at the drive thru vax sites u still have to fill out a form? while in your car?

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » September 6th, 2021, 9:46 pm

anyone knows when the pfizer vaccines are expiring?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 7th, 2021, 10:23 am

st7 wrote:anyone knows when the pfizer vaccines are expiring?
Speaking at a media conference at the Diplomatic Centre in St Ann's on Saturday, Health Minister Terrence Deyalsingh announced that teachers and healthcare workers are now eligible for the Pfizer vaccine.

He noted that children between the age of 12 and 18 will still be prioritised, however, these category of workers will now be able to access the Pfizer vaccines, which will expire in November.

https://tt.loopnews.com/content/deyalsi ... er-vaccine

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » September 7th, 2021, 11:45 am

thanks

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 7th, 2021, 12:55 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:Also, don't quote me on this, but I recall seeing a top doctor or researcher explicitly state there is nothing harmful about mixing vaccines.

Apparently not. I lost mine between shots, and was just given a new one.

snatman
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snatman » September 7th, 2021, 3:12 pm

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 8th, 2021, 5:09 pm

Novavax begins early-stage trial for combined flu/Covid vaccine

Trial results are expected in the first half of 2022.

Vaccine developer Novavax said on Wednesday it has initiated an early-stage study to test its combined flu and Covid-19 vaccine.

The trial, to be conducted in Australia, will enroll 640 healthy adults between the ages of 50 and 70 years and who have either been previously infected with the coronavirus or given an authorized Covid-19 vaccine at least eight weeks prior to the study.

Participants will receive a combination of the company's Covid-19 vaccine candidate, NVX-CoV2373, and its Influenza shot NanoFlu along with an adjuvant or vaccine booster.

https://news.google.com/articles/CBMib2 ... id=US%3Aen

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 8th, 2021, 9:45 pm

adnj wrote:Novavax begins early-stage trial for combined flu/Covid vaccine

Vaccine developer Novavax said on Wednesday it has initiated an early-stage study to test its combined flu and Covid-19 vaccine.

The trial, to be conducted in Australia, will enroll 640 healthy adults between the ages of 50 and 70 years and who have either been previously infected with the coronavirus or given an authorized Covid-19 vaccine at least eight weeks prior to the study.

Participants will receive a combination of the company's Covid-19 vaccine candidate, NVX-CoV2373, and its Influenza shot NanoFlu along with an adjuvant or vaccine booster.

*awaits the "dat too soon/Big Pharma/study too small clip*

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » September 8th, 2021, 10:41 pm

snatman wrote:Sept 7
WHO says Covid will mutate like the flu and is likely here to stay
“People have said we’re going to eliminate or eradicate the virus,” Ryan said. “No we’re not, very, very unlikely.”

Very interesting

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 9th, 2021, 1:26 am

adnj wrote:Novavax begins early-stage trial for combined flu/Covid vaccine

why do they have to be vaxxed already or previously infected? they only interested in giving booster shots or something?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 9th, 2021, 5:35 am

Biden to Push for Stricter Vaccine Mandates
In a speech on Thursday, the president is expected to put pressure on private businesses, federal agencies and schools to enact vaccine rules. The Los Angeles school district is set to become the largest in the U.S. to require students to be vaccinated.

President Biden is expected on Thursday to detail his administration’s plan to put pressure on private businesses, federal agencies and schools to enact stricter vaccination mandates and testing policies as the Delta variant continues its spread across the United States.

The spread of the highly variant has pushed the country’s daily average caseload over 150,000 for the first time since late January, overwhelming hospitals in hard-hit areas and killing roughly 1,500 people a day.

Mr. Biden, who was briefed by his team of coronavirus advisers on Wednesday afternoon, is set to deliver a speech at 5 p.m. Eastern that will address about six areas where his administration can encourage — or, at this point, push — more eligible Americans to receive vaccines, according to the White House. Officials offered few specifics, stressing that the plan was still coming together, but said that its underlying message would be that the only way to return to some sense of normalcy was to get as many people vaccinated as possible.

“We know that increasing vaccinations will stop the spread of the pandemic, will get the pandemic under control, will return people to normal life,” Jen Psaki, the White House press secretary, told reporters on Wednesday. “That’s what our objective is, so we want to be specific about what we’re trying to achieve.”

When asked if Mr. Biden would be adding more detail to existing policies or would outline measures that would have an immediate and broad effect on Americans, Ms. Psaki replied: “It depends on if you’re vaccinated or not.”

Administration officials see signs that more people in the United States are open to receiving shots — some 14 million got their first shots in August, four million more than in July, Ms. Psaki said. But about 27 percent of the eligible U.S. population age 12 and older have not received any Covid vaccinations, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In some of the hardest-hit states, the unvaccinated percentage is higher: 42 percent in Texas, for instance, and 38 percent in Florida.

About 1.3 million fully vaccinated people have received a third shot after federal officials approved them for people with compromised immune systems. Mr. Biden has publicly supported the idea of a broadening the availability of third shots as boosters for much more of the population, but health experts have advised the White House to hold off promoting that for now.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/09/09 ... nt-vaccine

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » September 9th, 2021, 9:44 am

st7 wrote:anyone knows when the pfizer vaccines are expiring?

Not sure but i there is a high possibility we will hear that some citizens were given expired vaccines by “mistake”.

This is T&T.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”