TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Are you taking the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Yes, I am already vaccinated.
67%
Yes, I am awaiting vaccination.
10%
No, I don't want it.
16%
I am not sure.
7%

Total votes: 121

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby adnj » September 9th, 2021, 10:23 am

FDA extends Pfizer vaccine expiration dates

NCPA August 23, 2021

The FDA has approved an extension to the amendment to the EUA for expiration dates for the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine. Cartons and vials of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine with an expiry date of August 2021 through February 2022 printed on the label may remain in use for three months beyond the printed date as long as authorized storage conditions between -90°C to -60°C (-130°F to -76°F) have been maintained. Please note: the ultra-cold temperature range has been broadened to include -90° C (-130°F). Frozen vials stored at -25°C to -15°C and refrigerated vials (2°C to 8°C) are NOT eligible for extension. The extended expiration date is effective immediately for all currently available batches that have not yet expired. NOTE: Expiration dates extension does NOT apply to vials dated July 2021 and earlier. 

https://ncpa.org/newsroom/qam/2021/08/2 ... tion-dates

DTAC
18 pounds of Boost

Postby DTAC » September 9th, 2021, 11:38 am

adnj wrote:Biden to Push for Stricter Vaccine Mandates
In a speech on Thursday, the president is expected to put pressure on private businesses, federal agencies and schools to enact vaccine rules. The Los Angeles school district is set to become the largest in the U.S. to require students to be vaccinated.

President Biden is expected on Thursday to detail his administration’s plan to put pressure on private businesses, federal agencies and schools to enact stricter vaccination mandates and testing policies as the Delta variant continues its spread across the United States.

The spread of the highly variant has pushed the country’s daily average caseload over 150,000 for the first time since late January, overwhelming hospitals in hard-hit areas and killing roughly 1,500 people a day.

Mr. Biden, who was briefed by his team of coronavirus advisers on Wednesday afternoon, is set to deliver a speech at 5 p.m. Eastern that will address about six areas where his administration can encourage — or, at this point, push — more eligible Americans to receive vaccines, according to the White House. Officials offered few specifics, stressing that the plan was still coming together, but said that its underlying message would be that the only way to return to some sense of normalcy was to get as many people vaccinated as possible.

“We know that increasing vaccinations will stop the spread of the pandemic, will get the pandemic under control, will return people to normal life,” Jen Psaki, the White House press secretary, told reporters on Wednesday. “That’s what our objective is, so we want to be specific about what we’re trying to achieve.”

When asked if Mr. Biden would be adding more detail to existing policies or would outline measures that would have an immediate and broad effect on Americans, Ms. Psaki replied: “It depends on if you’re vaccinated or not.”

Administration officials see signs that more people in the United States are open to receiving shots — some 14 million got their first shots in August, four million more than in July, Ms. Psaki said. But about 27 percent of the eligible U.S. population age 12 and older have not received any Covid vaccinations, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In some of the hardest-hit states, the unvaccinated percentage is higher: 42 percent in Texas, for instance, and 38 percent in Florida.

About 1.3 million fully vaccinated people have received a third shot after federal officials approved them for people with compromised immune systems. Mr. Biden has publicly supported the idea of a broadening the availability of third shots as boosters for much more of the population, but health experts have advised the White House to hold off promoting that for now.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/09/09 ... nt-vaccine

Biden can push all he wants but there'll be literally 10,000 lawyers jumping up and saying it's unconstitutional. All he can do is ask and hope.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 9th, 2021, 8:31 pm

Biden announces COVID-19 vaccine mandates that will affect 100 million Americans

viewtopic.php?p=10204660#p10204660

dogg
Riding on 17's

Postby dogg » September 10th, 2021, 12:23 pm

https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandem ... tion-drive

Denmark Lifts All COVID Curbs After Successful Vaccination Drive

Meanwhile in TT :oops: :oops:

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 10th, 2021, 12:36 pm

Denmark is 80 percent fully vaccinated though...
dogg wrote:https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/denmark-lifts-all-covid-curbs-after-successful-vaccination-drive

dogg
Riding on 17's

Postby dogg » September 10th, 2021, 12:49 pm

hover11 wrote:Denmark is 80 percent fully vaccinated though...
dogg wrote:https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/denmark-lifts-all-covid-curbs-after-successful-vaccination-drive

well, yeah. That's the whole point. Idiots in TT searching high and low for any and every reason not to get vaccinated.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 13th, 2021, 6:20 pm

Screenshot 2021-09-13 at 6.00.50 PM.jpg

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 13th, 2021, 8:52 pm

There is a risk that thousands of Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccines could be wasted if more citizens do not come forward to get vaccinated. This country moved from a vaccine drought to a vaccine avalanche, with a menu of options to choose from. But because of slow uptake, Trinidad and Tobago is now facing the possibility that these vaccines could expire in just a few weeks. Kalain Hosein has the story.

https://www.cnc3.co.tt/thousands-of-tts ... to-expiry/

That's so sad

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 13th, 2021, 10:28 pm

^ well if it so sad then do your part and take your 2 doses.

but with Haiti at less than 1% vaxxed maybe we should give them some.

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » September 13th, 2021, 10:29 pm

hover11 wrote:There is a risk that thousands of Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccines could be wasted if more citizens do not come forward to get vaccinated. This country moved from a vaccine drought to a vaccine avalanche, with a menu of options to choose from. But because of slow uptake, Trinidad and Tobago is now facing the possibility that these vaccines could expire in just a few weeks. Kalain Hosein has the story.

https://www.cnc3.co.tt/thousands-of-tts ... to-expiry/

That's so sad

Hover11, please disregard this report. A foolish weather man put it together. He knows nothing and made the report from nothing yet still it was the top story on the news. He didn't ask any officials any questions, he just sat down home and concoct a story.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 14th, 2021, 2:15 am

dogg wrote:
hover11 wrote:Denmark is 80 percent fully vaccinated though...

well, yeah. That's the whole point. Idiots in TT searching high and low for any and every reason not to get vaccinated.

Yeah. Saying u can still get covid and die even though it's like 1% of hospitalized cases.

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » September 14th, 2021, 12:01 pm

Anybody hear that interview Stefan do with a woman who daughter died 3 weeks after her 2nd dose of AZ? She had a kinda complications after taking the 2nd shot and eventually died. The mother was crying throughout the interview, she said the daughter was diabetic. What allyuh think? She say she know 10 people who die from the vaccine. What allyuh think?

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abducted » September 14th, 2021, 12:04 pm

Mmoney607 wrote:Anybody hear that interview Stefan do with a woman who daughter died 3 weeks after her 2nd dose of AZ? She had a kinda complications after taking the 2nd shot and eventually died. The mother was crying throughout the interview, she said the daughter was diabetic. What allyuh think? She say she know 10 people who die from the vaccine. What allyuh think?

Is anything on Stephan Reis show the truth, it's like a tabloid,

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » September 14th, 2021, 12:40 pm

Mmoney607 wrote:Anybody hear that interview Stefan do with a woman who daughter died 3 weeks after her 2nd dose of AZ? She had a kinda complications after taking the 2nd shot and eventually died. The mother was crying throughout the interview, she said the daughter was diabetic. What allyuh think? She say she know 10 people who die from the vaccine. What allyuh think?

If this were the case they couldn't cover this up and it wouldn't be a Trini issue only it'd be international headlines.

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » September 14th, 2021, 3:34 pm

abducted wrote:

She was very passionate that it was the vaccine. Whats the psychology behind these people?

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » September 14th, 2021, 3:49 pm

Mmoney607 wrote:
abducted wrote:

She was very passionate that it was the vaccine. Whats the psychology behind these people?

i wont doubt a vaccine having an adverse reaction to a person which is common knowledge and the chances are pretty low -- but what was the cause of death in this case?

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » September 14th, 2021, 4:12 pm

st7 wrote:
Mmoney607 wrote:
abducted wrote:

i wont doubt a vaccine having an adverse reaction to a person which is common knowledge and the chances are pretty low -- but what was the cause of death in this case?

Uncontrolled diabetes the autopsy said

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » September 14th, 2021, 4:38 pm

Mmoney607 wrote:
abducted wrote:

Is Trinidad.
I have the same issue with Redbull.
Somebody always have something to tell me about drinking it every time I have one.
Anyhow, my cousin tell me drinking rum and Redbull is bad for you.Mind you I never mix the two (it ruins the taste).
But She is a rum guzzler,so therefore the Redbull bad.
Stupid people believe what they can comprehend

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 15th, 2021, 2:07 pm

are there any more pfizer left for adults?

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » September 16th, 2021, 1:36 pm

timelapse wrote:
Mmoney607 wrote:
abducted wrote:

Is Trinidad.
I have the same issue with Redbull.
Somebody always have something to tell me about drinking it every time I have one.
Anyhow, my cousin tell me drinking rum and Redbull is bad for you.Mind you I never mix the two (it ruins the taste).
But She is a rum guzzler,so therefore the Redbull bad.
Stupid people believe what they can comprehend

So what is the conclusion...vaccine caused it and this falls in the bracket where vaccines are not perfect...
less than a percent?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 16th, 2021, 6:10 pm

https://newsday.co.tt/2021/09/16/low-tu ... northside/

Only 38 people were vaccinated against covid19 on Wednesday during the THA Division of Health, Wellness and Family Development’s community caravan.

Only 38

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » September 18th, 2021, 10:29 am

My question is after vaccines expire on us should the government purchase more in case anti vaxxers change their minds ?

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » September 18th, 2021, 10:32 am

PariaMan wrote:My question is after vaccines expire on us should the government purchase more in case anti vaxxers change their minds ?

well they have the JnJ that still coming in and i believe it have a decent shelf life (correct me if im wrong), and i think Sinopharm still available and those expiring in 2023 (correct my again if i wrong).

so those will just be the ones available. until of course there are more variants and booster shots etc

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » September 18th, 2021, 1:23 pm

PariaMan wrote:My question is after vaccines expire on us should the government purchase more in case anti vaxxers change their minds ?

The govt always has vaccines on stock. You could walk into any health facility with your toddler to get a polio shot. Sometimes they might expire like with any other medicine and the govt purchases more in reasonable amounts. New humans are born everyday and Trinidad will require a constant supply of vaccines .No difference with COVID

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 18th, 2021, 1:27 pm

Clearly ppl forget the role of the government that is duty to provide, all of a sudden ppl concerned with Government expenditure
alfa wrote:

The govt always has vaccines on stock. You could walk into any health facility with your toddler to get a polio shot. Sometimes they might expire like with any other medicine and the govt purchases more in reasonable amounts. New humans are born everyday and Trinidad will require a constant supply of vaccines .No difference with COVID

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » September 18th, 2021, 2:21 pm

hover11 wrote:Clearly ppl forget the role of the government that is duty to provide, all of a sudden ppl concerned with Government expenditure
alfa wrote:

ent you was concern about the money govt take as a loan from China?

oh yeah, u fraid Big China. yuh sheep

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 18th, 2021, 2:34 pm

Yes because they took a loan that we can never repay if u don't see a problem with that , that can't be helped
st7 wrote:
hover11 wrote:Clearly ppl forget the role of the government that is duty to provide, all of a sudden ppl concerned with Government expenditure
alfa wrote:

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 18th, 2021, 3:24 pm

hover11 wrote:Yes because they took a loan that we can never repay if u don't see a problem with that , that can't be helped
st7 wrote:
alfa wrote:

Why can't it be repaid? Government austerity measures have been the norm for loan repayment for the last century: Germany, Greece, Italy, etc. The government just cuts payroll and expenditures.

When/if inflation hits and/or the TT dollar is devalued, your foreign investments hold their value. Some local investments may even be inflation-resistant. Some people will be unaffected.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 18th, 2021, 3:26 pm

Look at our economy bro let's be real, we slowly crumbling, deficit budget after deficit
adnj wrote:
hover11 wrote:Yes because they took a loan that we can never repay if u don't see a problem with that , that can't be helped
st7 wrote:
alfa wrote:

Why can't it be repaid? Government austerity measures have been the norm for loan repayment for the last century: Germany, Greece, Italy, etc. The government just cuts payroll and expenditures.

When/if inflation hits and/or the TT dollar is devalued, your foreign investments hold their value. Some local investments may even be inflation-resistant. Some people will be unaffected.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”