this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Property Tax in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby De Dragon » September 17th, 2021, 7:47 am

88sins wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:One can hope....cuz according to bobby head, property taxes are paid in murica...little did he know....muricans get value for their $
Thats the thing....
If we coulda see where the money going, i pretty sure nobody would feel like they are being taken advantage of.

Precisely. That's why it should be the regional corps collecting it and using it for works in the areas from which it was collected, and IF anything remains left over those funds can be routed to the next nearest corp with a revenue shortfall.

But these dutty useless nasty dense but feel they bright & everybody else dotish politicians eh realize people not as dotish as they hope, and busy sharpening their jagged rotten teeth and salivating over the idea that they can get free monney from the public, by coming up with new ways to squeeze the entire population for money they they will pay & see zero benefit from paying.

only in this country you would find this bs, and some jackasses in the population that happily support it while they themselves industriously ketchin they rass.

Tuntsy, Colos, Tokesy one eye and the rest f the LFD RFD PNM moron band, but hey house 'groids gon house 'groid :|

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 17th, 2021, 9:30 am

Take Bull when landlords increase
FB_IMG_1631885140838.jpg

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 17th, 2021, 10:06 am

hover11 wrote:Take Bull when landlords increase
FB_IMG_1631885140838.jpg
Red government toat tee .

All yuh like so

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 17th, 2021, 12:24 pm

I see a mass exodus on the horizon
Because this nonsense tax going to make it so that people won't be able to afford to live in this country.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 17th, 2021, 12:26 pm

If that's the case why isn't the real estate sector lowering prices yet they are still on the rise
88sins wrote:I see a mass exodus on the horizon
Because this nonsense tax going to make it so that people won't be able to afford to live in this country.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 17th, 2021, 12:32 pm

hover11 wrote:If that's the case why isn't the real estate sector lowering prices yet they are still on the rise
It designed to keep Africans from owning homes.

Red government is in one big gentrification drive.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » September 17th, 2021, 12:35 pm

hover11 wrote:If that's the case why isn't the real estate sector lowering prices yet they are still on the rise
Hyperinflation, plus nobody is going to operate at a loss.

INDAVID WORKSHOP
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby INDAVID WORKSHOP » September 17th, 2021, 1:22 pm

Guys anyone have a similar situation:

I submitted the form the first time they asked - simple small house so no issue.

A rep came and validate the external measurement and document the internal structure - Note he did not go inside.

After all of the above a form was given to me yesterday again - Are these people OUT OF THEIR MIND- Only in Trinidad you do the same activity and expect a different result.

Tried calling the office but typical no one answered.

Guys the office replied to my Email stating a second form is not required.
Last edited by INDAVID WORKSHOP on September 17th, 2021, 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » September 17th, 2021, 1:52 pm

timelapse wrote:

You keep referring to hyperinflation as if it is anything close to happening here.

Hyperinflation, generally described as a series of rapid, excessive, and out-of-control price increases, is rare in developed countries. That's because a true hyperinflation has to meet a high bar—an inflationary rate of 1,000% or more per year, according to most economists. https://www.investopedia.com/are-we-in- ... on-5093627

Core inflation is below 2%, food inflation is creeping up due to global prices but "hyperinflation" claims are hysterical.

Screenshot_20210917-134947_Chrome.jpg

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 17th, 2021, 2:02 pm

Mass exodus and hyper inflation.

Wow.
Interesting.

A .11% tax is inflationary and will cause mass exodus.

L
O
L
Last edited by Redman on September 17th, 2021, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » September 17th, 2021, 2:05 pm

Habit7 wrote:
timelapse wrote:

You keep referring to hyperinflation as if it is anything close to happening here.

Hyperinflation, generally described as a series of rapid, excessive, and out-of-control price increases, is rare in developed countries. That's because a true hyperinflation has to meet a high bar—an inflationary rate of 1,000% or more per year, according to most economists. https://www.investopedia.com/are-we-in- ... on-5093627

Core inflation is below 2%, food inflation is creeping up due to global prices but "hyperinflation" claims are hysterical.

Screenshot_20210917-134947_Chrome.jpg
Check real estate prices specifically

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » September 17th, 2021, 4:41 pm

timelapse wrote:Check real estate prices specifically

Screenshot_20210917-163714_Chrome.jpg

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » September 17th, 2021, 4:42 pm

Go back 8 years now

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 17th, 2021, 5:57 pm

Redman wrote:Mass exodus and hyper inflation.

Wow.
Interesting.

L
O
L

Yes son, a mass exodus.
Because when it kicks in, rent will increase significantly, while tenants salaries will remain stagnant as usual. And when people realize that they ketchin their own personal hell trying to make ends meet and it's because of an action that the government took, what's one of the first things they think about doing? Leaving the country, that's what.
I got no idea where you get that 0.11% from, but I wouldn't be amazed if you pulled that 0.11% out the crack under your back. So since you like numbers. Look some simple math. You have an apt complex, that has ten 2 bedroom apts, and each apt is assessed to have an arv of 42000, or a monthly rental value of $3500/m
42000x10=420000-42000=415800×3%=$12474/year. That's your tax for the year, never mind you still got your mortgage payment, that the tax liability will be added to, thus increasing your installment and you paying interest on it. You feel any property owner gonna absorb that with a smile? Keep dreaming. And I eh even mention that increase in water rates that will come with the implementation of that tax.

Everybody gonna get their ballz squeezed, and sadly is the people on the lower end of the totem pole gonna have to bear the most of the pain.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » September 17th, 2021, 5:59 pm

FB_IMG_1631885140838.jpg
Time to cover up this mc pool yes stupessss

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » September 17th, 2021, 6:17 pm

gastly369 wrote:
FB_IMG_1631885140838.jpg
Word from the wise,Transform it into a natural pool and put at least one none biting fish in it.Instant 'fish' pond

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 17th, 2021, 6:23 pm

gastly369 wrote:
hover11 wrote:Take Bull when landlords increaseFB_IMG_1631885140838.jpg

Dat alone eh go wuk nah.
Porcelain tiles, air conditioning, water pump, what kinda ceiling y have, etc, all increase the potential rental value of your home, thus increasing your tax liability.
That's why I can comfortably say, this isn't a property tax, it's a wealth tax, based on the idea that if you can afford the nicer things, you should be made to pay for workin hard to be able to afford it, for every year as long as you have it, all while getting absolutely NOTHING for your tax dollars.

They like it so. Let them take whatever they get and remain dotish and quiet as per the norm.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 17th, 2021, 6:27 pm

88sins wrote:
gastly369 wrote:

Dat alone eh go wuk nah.
Porcelain tiles, air conditioning, water pump, what kinda ceiling y have, etc, all increase the potential rental value of your home, thus increasing your tax liability.
That's why I can comfortably say, this isn't a property tax, it's a wealth tax, based on the idea that if you can afford the nicer things, you should be made to pay for workin hard to be able to afford it, for every year as long as you have it, all while getting absolutely NOTHING for your tax dollars.

They like it so. Let them take whatever they get and remain dotish and quiet as per the norm.
Trinidad take bull

Habitarse 7 all yuh injun paying the least amount of tax and rates.

Yuh think HDC red government voters paying the same

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 17th, 2021, 6:34 pm

Red government supporters who living in 100 dollar a month HDC planning how will this affect them?
zoom rader wrote:
88sins wrote:
gastly369 wrote:

Dat alone eh go wuk nah.

Trinidad take bull

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 17th, 2021, 6:37 pm

88sins wrote:

Wow.
Interesting.

L
O
L

Yes son, a mass exodus.
Because when it kicks in, rent will increase significantly, while tenants salaries will remain stagnant as usual. And when people realize that they ketchin their own personal hell trying to make ends meet and it's because of an action that the government took, what's one of the first things they think about doing? Leaving the country, that's what.
I got no idea where you get that 0.11% from, but I wouldn't be amazed if you pulled that 0.11% out the crack under your back. So since you like numbers. Look some simple math. You have an apt complex, that has ten 2 bedroom apts, and each apt is assessed to have an arv of 42000, or a monthly rental value of $3500/m
42000x10=420000-42000=415800×3%=$12474/year. That's your tax for the year, never mind you still got your mortgage payment, that the tax liability will be added to, thus increasing your installment and you paying interest on it. You feel any property owner gonna absorb that with a smile? Keep dreaming. And I eh even mention that increase in water rates that will come with the implementation of that tax.

Everybody gonna get their ballz squeezed, and sadly is the people on the lower end of the totem pole gonna have to bear the most of the pain.

As s posted earlier it's .11% of our property value.

What's the value of a 10 appt building generating 420K in rent?

Using a rental of 5% of value...which may be high (.Raymond and Pierre estimated rent to be less than 4%).

that equates to 8.4M

12k is what % of the valuation?

Or
12k over 10 apts is 1200 per apt.
Land lord increases his rent by 100 per month.
Mass exodus of tenants....
A 3% variation in cost to the land lord is going to cause a mass exodus.
Ok boss.

You have any timeline on this?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 17th, 2021, 6:56 pm

Oh, so you feel is only 3%. Cool. So we discounting the pending increase in water rates because of it entirely. Ok.
We not looking at the fact that the mortgage company paying the property tax is NOT trying to see their profit on your mortgage decline by even 0.0001%, and will adjust your mortgage rates upward to account for the new tax + interest. Right.
Gtk

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » September 17th, 2021, 7:08 pm

Redman wrote:
88sins wrote:

Wow.
Interesting.

L
O
L

Yes son, a mass exodus.

Using a rental of 5% of value...which may be high (.Raymond and Pierre estimated rent to be less than 4%).

that equates to 8.4M

Or
Ok boss.

You have any timeline on this?
I ent renting out my house,so how tf does this apply to me?And my kindly neighbor over the road build a ghetto complex and mash up my road.Who wants to rent my house?Them on level folly yes.In the mean time they bringing in Mustang, Lambo,Benz tax free.Abu may be on to something.This starting to resemble NAR all over again where the politically connected enjoy the perks while everyone else suffers.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 17th, 2021, 7:25 pm

timelapse wrote:[
quote="Redman"][quote="88sins"][quote="Redman"]Mass exodus and hyper inflation.

Wow.
Interesting.

L
O
L[/quote]
Yes son, a mass exodus.

Everybody gonna get their ballz squeezed, and sadly is the people on the lower end of the totem pole gonna have to bear the most of the pain.[/quote]

that equates to 8.4M

Or
Ok boss.

You have any timeline on this?[/quote]
I ent renting out my house,so how tf does this apply to me?And my kindly neighbor over the road build a ghetto complex and mash up my road.Who wants to rent my house?Them on level folly yes.In the mean time they bringing in Mustang, Lambo,Benz tax free.Abu may be on to something.This starting to resemble NAR all over again where the politically connected enjoy the perks while everyone else suffers.[/quote]

It applies to you, and everyone else, because it makes every property owner a tenant of the state, no matter that you alone bought or built your property or how much it cost you to do so.
Tek albino midget bobble head piggy, take it

mamoo_pagal
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby mamoo_pagal » September 17th, 2021, 7:33 pm

hover11 wrote:Red government supporters who living in 100 dollar a month HDC planning how will this affect them?
zoom rader wrote:
88sins wrote:
gastly369 wrote:

Dat alone eh go wuk nah.

Trinidad take bull

Government uses the taxes we pay to improve their infrastructure, simple. They get "upgrades* we foot the bill!

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 17th, 2021, 8:37 pm

88sins wrote:Oh, so you feel is only 3%. Cool. So we discounting the pending increase in water rates because of it entirely. Ok.
We not looking at the fact that the mortgage company paying the property tax is NOT trying to see their profit on your mortgage decline by even 0.0001%, and will adjust your mortgage rates upward to account for the new tax + interest. Right.
Gtk

Why you arguing with Caca Colos?
You really feel he and the next dotish arse Tuntsy EVER going to see the LFD RFD PNM in any other light? These two tapeworms are the epitome of slave- like capitulation and cultism. Of course they have no other answer than "well Amerika does do eet" and "keke keke keke" UNC :roll:

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 17th, 2021, 10:30 pm

Nah, I don't debate with political fanatics that will happily take getting arse gaped and fisted as long as is their side doing it to them.

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » September 18th, 2021, 4:32 am

i thought the national topic was balls? wtf u all talking about?

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 18th, 2021, 7:09 am

Question: how does property tax apply to pensioners? Pay like everybody else?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 18th, 2021, 7:15 am

88sins wrote:Oh, so you feel is only 3%. Cool. So we discounting the pending increase in water rates because of it entirely. Ok.
Gtk

On your example the land lord paid the tax.

How is this mortgage co paying tax?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 18th, 2021, 8:31 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Question: how does property tax apply to pensioners? Pay like everybody else?
You have to prove you can't pay

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”