Forums

Buying a house in USA

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nightcrawler
Sweet on this forum

Buying a house in USA

Postby nightcrawler » September 23rd, 2021, 12:35 pm

Need some info , how do you purchase a house the US? I have the TT equivalent to the amount. Any info will be greatly appreciated

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Re: Buying a house in USA

Postby nick639v2 » September 23rd, 2021, 2:18 pm

....in for info....

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » September 23rd, 2021, 3:01 pm

nightcrawler wrote:Need some info , how do you purchase a house the US? I have the TT equivalent to the amount. Any info will be greatly appreciated

Americans don't care for TT dollars. So any purchase in America will require USD. It's a fairly straightforward process meaning you don't have to be a resident etc to make a purchase.

nightcrawler
Sweet on this forum

Postby nightcrawler » September 23rd, 2021, 3:17 pm

Redress10 wrote:
nightcrawler wrote:Need some info , how do you purchase a house the US? I have the TT equivalent to the amount. Any info will be greatly appreciated

Americans don't care for TT dollars. So any purchase in America will require USD. It's a fairly straightforward process meaning you don't have to be a resident etc to make a purchase.

I know, so how do I go about getting the US dollars to buy the house

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » September 23rd, 2021, 3:24 pm

nightcrawler wrote:
Redress10 wrote:

You not getting any US from no bank unless it's extremely important. Medical condition etc..
You are trapped here.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » September 23rd, 2021, 3:34 pm

If you can't access USD to buy a house in the states then newsflash you can't actually afford a house in the States. Like I said your TTD is irrelevant to buying a house in the States even if it was 50x the selling price. TTD has no value outside TT borders it's literally just paper. Shhhh don't tell trinis that though.

Now if you had the USD equivalent in gold, diamonds, rare minerals or even barrels of oil that is a completely different matter. Those commodities are actually globally recognised as units of value.

Would you accept the Venezuelan bolivar equivalent if you were selling a house to a Venezuelan? Do you have any means of generating usd? Especially over in America?

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » September 23rd, 2021, 3:39 pm

As stated citizenship etc isn’t required your issue is US, a good start is to approach your bank about the amount of money you would like to wire. Other than that you should try to start acquiring US from whatever means and banking it. It may be a good idea to open an account in the states and wiring the US you accumulate and stocking it there.
A good option is to sell any real estate property you have locally but request payment in US.
Hope you get through

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » September 23rd, 2021, 4:43 pm

Cant get usd anywhere unless emergency. even big businesses getting trouble. I send money every recharge cycle from one of my PayPal accounts(funding source tt credit card) to the other(us PayPal acct) and then I just withdraw to us bank account. Not cheap, I have to pay the 2-3% credit card fees but at this point I have no other choice. You have monthly caps on usd purchases by the local banks.
Last edited by TheBoostLord on September 24th, 2021, 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

nightcrawler
Sweet on this forum

Postby nightcrawler » September 23rd, 2021, 9:05 pm

Us acc is international or with a local bank?

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » September 24th, 2021, 12:25 am

my us account is in the usa, not with a local bank. that's prob the single most important thing you might need

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » September 24th, 2021, 1:52 am

Used homes in the US especially foreclosures can have mountains of property tax owed on them.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 24th, 2021, 7:59 am

nightcrawler wrote:
Redress10 wrote:

Not terribly difficult really iirc.
Travel to the US, open an account with a bank, and then transfer your TTD to your new US account, just make sure before that the bank you choose does currency exchange of TTD to USD. When they do the conversion of TTD into USD, you then use the USD in your new account to buy the property.

Either that, or you see how long it takes you to scrounge it locally, and even if you can, good luck getting it out of here to buy property there.

Best of luck to you.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 24th, 2021, 9:00 am

88 you're saying that he can wire TTD from a local bank to the bank in the US?

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » September 24th, 2021, 9:35 am

Dohplaydat wrote:Used homes in the US especially foreclosures can have mountains of property tax owed on them.
Not just property tax, but liens from HOA, contractors, utilities etc.

Also be prepared to offer above asking price as there is a huge demand right now which outstrips supply.

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » September 24th, 2021, 10:59 am

Redman wrote:88 you're saying that he can wire TTD from a local bank to the bank in the US?

Once upon a time you could. Now even businesses struggling to get that service

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 24th, 2021, 2:38 pm

must be nice

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » September 24th, 2021, 2:42 pm

Redman wrote:88 you're saying that he can wire TTD from a local bank to the bank in the US?

Some banks will allow small amounts under $500usd if you lucky

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » September 24th, 2021, 3:17 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:

Some banks will allow small amounts under $500usd if you lucky

lol at least he would be able to pay the realtor to see some homes

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 24th, 2021, 3:42 pm

Yup, it can be done. Don't necessarily need to be an actual in bank wire transfer, could be done online. May take several transfers, depending on his limit at the local bank.
The two main things is that he need to find an institution there that will accept TTD and convert it to USD, and that it's going to be kinda costly.

But by any stretch, it's still a better alternation what they telling you here, which is basically"we'll put you on a list and make the request after you show us every detail of why you want it, and you not getting more than 10% of what you need and you not going to get it any sooner than in 6-9 months"

Going thru this kinda crap does really make you wonder if it makes any sense doing anything in this place or even remaining here

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » September 24th, 2021, 5:58 pm

88sins wrote:

Yup, it can be done. Don't necessarily need to be an actual in bank wire transfer, could be done online. May take several transfers, depending on his limit at the local bank.
The two main things is that he need to find an institution there that will accept TTD and convert it to USD, and that it's going to be kinda costly.

But by any stretch, it's still a better alternation what they telling you here, which is basically"we'll put you on a list and make the request after you show us every detail of why you want it, and you not getting more than 10% of what you need and you not going to get it any sooner than in 6-9 months"

Going thru this kinda crap does really make you wonder if it makes any sense doing anything in this place or even remaining here
Who in there right mind want to stay here..

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 24th, 2021, 7:56 pm

Plenty people
The only real problem with this country, is that it has way too many arseholes, some little, some big, some in parliament, many in the streets and villages, but all causing all sorts of unnecessary and avoidable problems

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 24th, 2021, 8:14 pm

The question is whether that is different to anywhere else in the world.

The grass is always greener.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 24th, 2021, 8:22 pm

88sins wrote:Plenty people
The only real problem with this country, is that it has way too many arseholes, some little, some big, some in parliament, many in the streets and villages, but all causing all sorts of unnecessary and avoidable problems
Those are red government people like

Eliteauto-tuntun
Pawn Habit7
Redman
One eye
Randol
Mero

nightcrawler
Sweet on this forum

Postby nightcrawler » September 24th, 2021, 8:42 pm

I have a cousin in Orlando who is a realtor. But $US is the problem. Getting good deals. I usually go 2 times a yr for vaca. Will still keep my properties in trini to generate $. TRINIDAD WAS NICE

Xplode
Riding on 18's

Postby Xplode » September 24th, 2021, 9:09 pm

When i migrated to Florida,my down payment for my house was $56,000 USD , i sold my RY shares ,used rbc securities as my broker ,during the years always use my dividends to buy back stock ,it paid off well.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » September 24th, 2021, 10:02 pm

wtf wrote:
88sins wrote:

Who in there right mind want to stay here..

Prob the 1% but sometimes I wonder if even they leaving.

dogg
Riding on 17's

Postby dogg » September 24th, 2021, 10:03 pm

Is it legal to transfer or wire US funds from your own bank account to a third party local USD account?

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » September 24th, 2021, 11:20 pm

dogg wrote:Is it legal to transfer or wire US funds from your own bank account to a third party local USD account?

No reason why it won’t be legal unless the transaction is to fund illegal activities..

tarzan
Sweet on this forum

Postby tarzan » September 24th, 2021, 11:51 pm

Financial institutions can sell you large amounts of forex , the thing is you will have to acquire it at a premium , ncb merchant bank and ANSA merchant bank can get you usd in large quantities , you may need to have a sale agreement , if you’re really interested in having a conversion done try contacting their treasury departments

aidan
30 pounds of Boost

Postby aidan » September 25th, 2021, 10:58 am

PM me. Can get USD in large amounts. Won't be cheap though. Yes it's from legit sources.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”