AV Drilling wins its case

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Re: AV Drilling wins its case

Postby alfa » September 22nd, 2021, 12:40 pm

Habit7 wrote:
alfa wrote:So you know there was corruption in the airport but none in the av scandal. But then again you quoted an article that said flooding in necessary and beneficial so that alone tells me your moral compass is demagnetized.I could give you all the inside details of the av fiasco but you don't listen to reports from the ground, just what your Lord and savior Dr kcr tells you

If you interpret what a senior lecturer in engineering has to say flooding, as badly as you do "reports from the ground" then you are doing us a favour by keeping silent.

Yeah your right, no sense wasting time on the likes of you. Get your brasso to shine pnm balls.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » September 22nd, 2021, 12:46 pm

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » September 22nd, 2021, 1:22 pm

Habitseven, you get invite to the big lime in Penal this weekend?

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » September 22nd, 2021, 1:36 pm

sam1978 wrote:We don’t have a he money to pay this, property tax needs to come on stream immediately.

Nah they sent me to collect property tax since according to your great insight, the money in escrow cant pay it.

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » September 22nd, 2021, 2:35 pm

So is it the principal in escrow or all the other sums mentioned including interest and legal fees?

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » September 22nd, 2021, 3:11 pm

sam1978 wrote:So is it the principal in escrow or all the other sums mentioned including interest and legal fees?

Well as you clearly know the interest is of such a great amount that it could bankrupt the company, such that they need to collect property tax to pay for it as you wisely suggested. :roll:

But if you are concerned with legal fees, then settling now and not pursuing an unsure course that may lead to another defeat is obviously the wisest thing to do and incur further legal costs for both TPHL and A&V.

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » September 22nd, 2021, 4:49 pm

You clearly knew it was only the principal, but you bob and weave as usual and try to BS your way out. You clearly didn’t want to see that I was being sarcastic by equating the moneys to be paid to property tax too. My point being , if it wasn’t for all the thieves and their enablers , we wouldn’t have needed to wring out the last drops of blood from some citizens .

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 23rd, 2021, 3:54 am

sam1978 wrote:Habitseven, you get invite to the big lime in Penal this weekend?

Of course he's invited! People have to be shown where to park yunno :lol:

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 23rd, 2021, 5:20 am

JA JA JA JA

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » September 23rd, 2021, 5:50 am

Fellas,

Send the invite too. I am a UNC. Penal girls :wink:

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » September 24th, 2021, 12:46 pm

You might be able to feel the heat of the chessburn through the screen from the commentators on this one.

But one thing I agree with is that govt should lay the judgement in parliament. One will see very same PNM board had no scientific basis to allege fraud. But due to the political football it was turned into when Kamla ran her mouth and the fact that they knew they were going to restructure the company, it would not have looked good if they didn't pursue it. A&V had the govt dead to rights and could have gotten 100s of millions in damages. But they basically only took the money owed to them as if the contract never stopped.

Ppl could oppose this all they want, but it will be an opposition based only on politics and ole talk, not evidence.

A&V: We saved you, the taxpayers, money
By Joel Julien -September 24, 2021

“A&V Oil and Gas Limited saved you the taxpayers of this country from having to fork out millions of dollars by agreeing to settle our legal dispute with Petrotrin,” said its chief executive officer Hanif Baksh.

Baksh made the statement in a release issued yesterday in response to Trinidad Petroleum Holdings Ltd (TPHL) going against the “extremely strong views” of its own legal team and opting to pay A&V around $120 million to put their legal dispute to rest.

As part of the settlement, A&V was also granted a new ten-year Enhanced Production Services Contract (EPSC) with Heritage Petroleum.

“A&V was pleased, however, in the efforts made to amicably resolve the matter because A&V recognised that Petrotrin may not have been able to pay the judgement debt and costs and that the government would have had to step in to pay the damages,” Baksh said

He argued those damages could have been in the vicinity of $800 million.

Baksh said A&V believes Petrotrin should make representations for the government to disclose the entire judgement in the case to the public and lay it in the Parliament.

“I wish to tell the country that A&V intends to put all of the disputes behind it and go forward to explore and extract the maximum amount of oil from the Catshill Field so that not only A&V would benefit, but that the production of oil by A&V would contribute to the national economy,” he stated.

The issue surrounding A&V began just over four years ago, when Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar raised the issue of “fake oil” involving Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley’s self-proclaimed friend Baksh.

According to Baksh the recent judgement showed that those statements were “inaccurate and untrue.”

“At the trial, A&V presented evidence to show that A&V produced the quantities of oil that it was paid for by Petrotrin. It presented evidence to show that the Catshill Field had the capacity to produce the quantities of oil and it presented evidence to show that A&V’s pumps had the capacity to pump the quantities of oil to Petrotrin,” Baksh stated.

On June 11, 2021, an arbitration panel headed by former president of the Caribbean Court of Justice, Sir Dennis Byron, found that Petrotrin had failed to establish that A&V Oil was engaged in seal-tampering or any other inappropriate practices in the process of the delivery of crude oil to Petrotrin during the period from April 2016 to July 2017.

The other arbitrators included Lord David Hope and former Justice of Appeal Humphrey Stollmeyer.

The panel of arbitrators found that Petrotrin did not have reasonable grounds for suspecting that AV Oil had misconducted itself or otherwise been involved in wrongful or fraudulent activity which would have normally entitled Petrotrin to terminate the IPSC Agreement under Article 29.1.

“The case between A&V and Petrotrin went through a pre-trial judicial process for approximately two years and then a trial which lasted for two weeks. Both A&V and Petrotrin had every opportunity to put before the judges all their evidence and all their submissions,” Baksh stated.

“After that process was completed, the judges reserved their decision. They deliberated for months and then decided the case in favour of A&V. They rejected the defence of Petrotrin and gave a judgement of 76 pages. That was a unanimous decision in that the three judges agreed that A&V’s claim against Petrotrin was successful and they rejected the defence of Petrotrin,” he stated.

https://www.cnc3.co.tt/av-we-saved-you- ... ers-money/

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 25th, 2021, 12:02 am

The kant trying to sound magnanimous while getting an undeserved windfall?
Typical LFD RFD PNM and their friends

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » September 25th, 2021, 6:47 am

Having the ability to do something does not mean it was done.

Why would someone have the opportunity to get hundreds of millions and settle for what they were “owed” , we talking about RLM and AV , get real.

Thanks for the “deal “ you gave Trinidad de boss.
Last edited by sam1978 on September 25th, 2021, 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 25th, 2021, 6:58 am

sam1978 wrote:Having the ability to do something does not mean it was done.

Why would someone have the opportunity to get hundreds of millions and settle for what they were “owed” , we talking about RLM and AV , get real.

That’s for the deal you gave Trinidad de boss.

Big full page ad where PT actually boasting and rating up the arse raping they got :roll:
Unless that was a specific part of the settlement, that is real sheit.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 25th, 2021, 8:17 am

If the foreign consultants still stand by the initial findings then Petrotrin threw the case.
At the start of this 2 foreign consultants confirmed the initial findings.

This week l read somewhere that the foreigners changed their position because the data they were given was 'bad'
I have not been able to confirm this.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 25th, 2021, 10:19 am

Redman wrote:If the foreign consultants still stand by the initial findings then Petrotrin threw the case.

This week l read somewhere that the foreigners changed their position because the data they were given was 'bad'
But you can confirm what colour pantie kams wears

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » September 25th, 2021, 8:24 pm

Redman wrote:If the foreign consultants still stand by the initial findings then Petrotrin threw the case.

Hence I say the govt should lay the judgment in the parliament. Audit being done by ppl abroad and not interviewing anyone. A&V didn't want the govt to look bad and for them to look predatory so they gave TPHL a bligh.

But if SIS or the EMBD accused get the same judgement that A&V got, I don't expect them to be so merciful.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 26th, 2021, 3:47 pm

A special guest chimes in...

(Click photo to zoom)
Attachments
Sunday Release.jpg

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 26th, 2021, 4:41 pm

Habit7 wrote:

Hence I say the govt should lay the judgment in the parliament. Audit being done by ppl abroad and not interviewing anyone. A&V didn't want the govt to look bad and for them to look predatory so they gave TPHL a bligh.

But if SIS or the EMBD accused get the same judgement that A&V got, I don't expect them to be so merciful.

Well lay the document in parliament.
Alongside the reports from the foreign consultants.
Petrotrin took a dive

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 26th, 2021, 9:50 pm

Redman wrote:
Habit7 wrote:

Petrotrin took a dive

Any Tech 1 could show you how easy it is to manipulate a flow transmitter. PT seems to have folded on their own audit as well as the foreign ones they hired.

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » September 26th, 2021, 9:52 pm

Nizam GT. I wish I had a friend like Rowrow.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 26th, 2021, 9:59 pm

sam1978 wrote:Nizam GT. I wish I had a friend like Rowrow.

Two crass, uncouth, thuggish dragged up peas in a pod.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 26th, 2021, 10:46 pm

De Dragon wrote:Any Tech 1 could show you how easy it is to manipulate a flow transmitter. PT seems to have folded on their own audit as well as the foreign ones they hired.

Wonder why? I guess Quamina and Nazim wanted to save the country millions :?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 26th, 2021, 10:48 pm

De Dragon wrote:
Redman wrote:
Habit7 wrote:

Petrotrin took a dive

Any Tech 1 could show you how easy it is to manipulate a flow transmitter. PT seems to have folded on their own audit as well as the foreign ones they hired.
Redman and habitarse 7 are online Instrument techs bro

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 26th, 2021, 10:50 pm

The_Honourable wrote:
De Dragon wrote:Any Tech 1 could show you how easy it is to manipulate a flow transmitter. PT seems to have folded on their own audit as well as the foreign ones they hired.

Wonder why? I guess Quamina and Nazim wanted to save the country millions :?

And the disgustingly hypocritical thing is when JUHN Scarfy was in Opposition, he used to bray non-stop about "himself unto himself" and has now "himselfed" himself TWICE at PT, first Malcolm Jones and now Baksh.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » September 28th, 2021, 6:56 am

zoom rader wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Redman wrote:
Habit7 wrote:

Petrotrin took a dive

Redman and habitarse 7 are online Instrument techs bro
They tune Rowrow's flute and organ

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 28th, 2021, 7:28 am

Since it was Ramesh who set up SIS Lalla in Panama to get away with $121M usd

And it's is Ramesh who quarterback A&V drilling absconding with Petrotrin money

I have concluded that we should hang Ramesh.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 28th, 2021, 7:33 am

Redman wrote:Since it was Ramesh who set up SIS Lalla in Panama to get away with $121M usd

And it's is Ramesh who quarterback A&V drilling absconding with Petrotrin money

I have concluded that we should hang Ramesh.

You seem to forget that SIS is a Red Government company that was set up in the early 1980s for supply labour for the then Fertrin. Lalla was just a front who was an ex caroni worker

But you wont know of these tings cuase you live your life on the web looking for answers

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » September 28th, 2021, 7:36 am

And everyone has forgotten about Colder HEart and Clico??? what about Du Pray ? so many have come and gone and are living the nice life whilst we cant even get a fvking pothole fixed because the govt yelling they have no money, and shorty snickering saying they aint protest yet.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 28th, 2021, 9:48 pm

Company taking Kamla to court

False allegations against A&V Oil

A&V Oil and Gas Ltd and its chief executive are taking Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar to court for defamation.

During a press conference at his San Fernando office yesterday, senior counsel Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj said the company and CEO Hanif Baksh are claiming aggravated and exemplary damages against Persad-Bissessar for “publishing false allegations from September 10, 2017 to present”.

The Opposition Leader made statements that A&V overstated volumes of crude oil which it sold to the former Petrotrin and received payments from the State oil firm for fake supplies of oil.

Maharaj however said that those allegations were held to be untrue by the three judges who sat as arbitrators, and not supported by evidence adduced before them.

“A&V and Mr Baksh are claiming aggravated and exemplary damages against the Leader of the Opposition for publishing these false allegations. Subsequent to the decision of the arbitrators in June 2021 the Leader of the Opposition has continued to publish these false allegations which are defamatory of both A&V and Mr Baksh. The Leader of the Opposition has been given notice that in respect of every defamatory publication she had made against A&V and Mr Baksh over the last four years that the court will be asked to look at each of these publications and award extra damages on the basis of aggravated and exemplary damages.”

The former attorney general said the defences put forward by the Opposition Leader cannot be established.

The matter was brought before the court shortly after statements were made by Persad-Bissessar at a public political meeting in 2017.

Maharaj said further statements were made even during the 2020 general election.

“I think that a lesson must be taught to leaders that they have a duty to tell the country the truth,” Maharaj said.

He said he was confident that the legal team in this matter will be successful and was looking forward to trial.

He said a date has not yet been fixed but there is to be a pre-trial review later in the year.

‘Faulty data’

Maharaj also responded to a full-page newspaper advertisement last weekend from former chairman of Petrotrin Wilfred Espinet.

He said that Espinet disagreed with the settlement between A&V and Petrotrin and that Petrotrin terminated A&V’s contract based on the findings made in reports form Kroll Inc of Canada and Gaffney Cline & Associates.

Maharaj said Espinet, who led the board at that time, stated that Petrotrin relied on experts to terminate A&V’s contract but those experts relied on the data and information in the internal audit report provided by Petrotrin.

“They did not conduct any independent investigation into whether the information in the internal audit report was correct or not...It follows that if the data in the internal audit report or any information supplied by Petrotrin was inaccurate the opinions given by these two firms would also have been inaccurate.”

He added, “It is therefore wholly improper for Mr Espinet to try to avoid responsibility by shifting the blame to Petrotrin’s experts when these experts relied on Petrotrin’s own faulty measurements and data contained in the internal audit report.”

A&V is to be paid for the oil it supplied to Petrotrin during the period immediately before the termination of the contract.

That sum was $84,699,879.47 and US$2,284,398.40.

A&V accepted to be paid $18 million as damages after it did not pursue the judgment in its favour for damages to be assessed.

Petrotrin’s successor, Trinidad Petroleum Holdings Ltd, will grant an Enhanced Production Services Contract (EPSC) to A&V Oil for a period of ten years.

The agreement is rooted in a partial award delivered on June 11 by an arbitration panel headed by former president of the Caribbean Court of Justice (CCJ) Sir Dennis Byron.

Source: https://trinidadexpress.com/business/lo ... b66c5.html

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”