Forums

Buying a house in USA

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Re: Buying a house in USA

Postby Redress10 » September 25th, 2021, 11:17 am

aidan wrote:PM me. Can get USD in large amounts. Won't be cheap though. Yes it's from legit sources.

He will also need to account for it and deposit it into the financial system. At which point he may simply lose access to it etc.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 25th, 2021, 11:33 am

Redress10 wrote:
aidan wrote:PM me. Can get USD in large amounts. Won't be cheap though. Yes it's from legit sources.

He will also need to account for it and deposit it into the financial system. At which point he may simply lose access to it etc.

Not necessarily tho.
If he has a bank account in the US, the local institution selling him the forex can deposit it there directly, circumventing the local banking system. Just need the American bank info, account number, routing number, etc

But the second op deposits that USD in any local bank, consider it no longer accessible, no matter is his money and he can show how he acquired it. He go literally ketch hell to get access to it, and he will only get it in small increments.
And even if he did amass the entire amount in cash, he can't physically transport it out of the country either.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » September 25th, 2021, 12:11 pm

88sins wrote:
Redress10 wrote:

Not necessarily tho.
If he has a bank account in the US, the local institution selling him the forex can deposit it there directly, circumventing the local banking system. Just need the American bank info, account number, routing number, etc

But the second op deposits that USD in any local bank, consider it no longer accessible, no matter is his money and he can show how he acquired it. He go literally ketch hell to get access to it, and he will only get it in small increments.
And even if he did amass the entire amount in cash, he can't physically transport it out of the country either.
There are some who hoard large amounts of US in cash but I wonder what for.
They can't travel outside with that volume of cash.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » September 25th, 2021, 1:34 pm

88sins wrote:
Redress10 wrote:

Not necessarily tho.

I think his best bet is a straight value swap. Find someone in the US who is selling a house but also want a house in TT to buy etc and the difference in value paid between parties in whatever cash denominations they agree upon. Or he gets someone to purchase the house in usd for him and pay them the TT of they require it. Other than that, it's just difficult to convert TT into usd because the tt simply has no use for someone who has the usd.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 25th, 2021, 1:56 pm

wtf wrote:
88sins wrote:
Redress10 wrote:

Not necessarily tho.

There are some who hoard large amounts of US in cash but I wonder what for.
They can't travel outside with that volume of cash.

Unless you have your own sea worthy vessel of course. Then is just a matter of how many bags you could tote.

But via the airport? Daz like begging for headache

nightcrawler
Sweet on this forum

Postby nightcrawler » September 25th, 2021, 4:17 pm

Looks like by even trying leave this place does give you headache.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » September 25th, 2021, 8:05 pm

nightcrawler wrote:Looks like by even trying leave this place does give you headache.
Yup. I personally know people who went and came back to trini after some years because it was too hard for them.
Remember how many Venezuelans returned to their homeland recently?
Well the Trinidad dream didn't work out for them.
Becareful when deciding to migrate. It can turn out worse for you.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 25th, 2021, 10:48 pm

wtf wrote:
nightcrawler wrote:Looks like by even trying leave this place does give you headache.
Yup. I personally know people who went and came back to trini after some years because it was too hard for them.

That's because people does leave where they from with ridiculously high expectations for what their life can be like where they going, without realizing that unless you going there with real money and already have a support system in place when you get there, as well as having a solid plan for how you going to achieve your goals there that you stick to religiously, is some pressure you hadda take for years before things get good.
Want to migrate and make it? Lower your expectations, and when you reach, make sure you hit the ground running full speed ahead, no looking or turning back.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » September 26th, 2021, 4:42 am

wtf wrote:

Why was it too hard for them? What you mean? They couldn't get good jobs?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 26th, 2021, 6:01 am

SuperiorMan wrote:
wtf wrote:

Define "good jobs"
Dude, in the US, depending on where you are, you may have to work 2-3 jobs just to afford your living expenses. And is menial labor jobs eh, like kitchen assistant, dosh washer, janitorial work, dog walker, etc., jobs that don't pay a whole lot. I know radiographers and nurses that left here years ago and to this day STILL working 2 jobs. Although, tbh, they living VERY well and can probably do just fine working one job butstill hold down 2 in order to be able to afford the finer things & build bank for retirement.

It not easy out dey bai. If u don't work, is hell you go see.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » September 26th, 2021, 8:14 am

88sins wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:
wtf wrote:

Define "good jobs"
Dude, in the US, depending on where you are, you may have to work 2-3 jobs just to afford your living expenses. And is menial labor jobs eh, like kitchen assistant, dosh washer, janitorial work, dog walker, etc., jobs that don't pay a whole lot. I know radiographers and nurses that left here years ago and to this day STILL working 2 jobs. Although, tbh, they living VERY well and can probably do just fine working one job butstill hold down 2 in order to be able to afford the finer things & build bank for retirement.

I literally don't know a single person that migrated to the US and had to work 2-3 jobs. I guess it depends on your education.

Also, no offense but I wasn't asking you. I wanted to find out why people came back here.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 26th, 2021, 8:27 am

Each place is different.
Each person is different.

Everything and everywhere is a mixed bag of nuts.

For me a close friend died here, and I decided I wanted to be around my family.
One year later to the day I came back.

As it happens my brother migrated with his family
10 years later and they like the environment they in.
I'm resolute in staying here...he is resolved to stay there.

It was a crappy career move...TnT didn't have the market for what I did then...but you make your choices and make it work.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 26th, 2021, 8:38 am

SuperiorMan wrote:
88sins wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:
wtf wrote:

Define "good jobs"

I literally don't know a single person that migrated to the US and had to work 2-3 jobs. I guess it depends on your education.

Also, no offense but I wasn't asking you. I wanted to find out why people came back here.
It's only a small percentage of people that come back here.

Loads of Trini leave here with the intention of coming back at a later stage. This rarely happens as they get caught up in the lifestyle. Some have hugh debt and offsprings that grew up and would not come here. Most times its because they won't leave their family.

Many have tried to come back and only to return cause they could not re settle into present day trini lifestyle. You leave here when you were 18 and then return at 60 but you expect the country services and the behaviour of trinis to be first world.

Many of my family members would not return here ,some come every couple of years and after a week they had enough and can't wait to return.

Living abroad changes you .

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » September 26th, 2021, 9:15 am

SuperiorMan wrote:
wtf wrote:

Yea it was hard in terms of the job opportunities they got and the cost of living their. Another thing I've noticed is that alot of trinis like to work their entire life in America, pay all their taxes their and come back here for retirement to see what they could get from government pension when they know they ain't contribute anything. This ain't fair to the ones who stayed here.
Also trini women like to go American and London and married a set of old men and then claim to be successful. This is not what I'm referring to.
I'm speaking about migrating the right way and creating a life for yourself.
Remember American is the number capitalistic country of the world. Their own citizens Ketching tail.
What you have so special to make you survive there?
8 cxc distinctions?..

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » September 26th, 2021, 9:24 am

The caribbean is no place to live and develop. That's the harsh reality. The reality is that the caribbean is a historical abnormality. Most of the people in this region were brought here as slaves/indentured labourers and them abandoned. Everywhere else people settled on the land that they either discovered or conquered and built nations.

Until we confront this reality the caribbean will keep struggling and may simply cease to exist hundreds of years from now. The caribbean in its current form simply can't sustain life the way it needs to ensure prosperity and security.

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » September 26th, 2021, 1:49 pm

Over 90% of trinis who move to north america are in debt. They also work 2 jobs and have to have multi income households to live the lifestyle they show off to everyone else. Some are there legally most are illegal playing the immigration game for over 20 and 30 years.

I am seeing quite a few recomendations regarding US transactions that raise red flags for money laundering.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » September 26th, 2021, 1:56 pm

SR wrote:Over 90% of trinis who move to north america are in debt. They also work 2 jobs and have to have multi income households to live the lifestyle they show off to everyone else. Some are there legally most are illegal playing the immigration game for over 20 and 30 years.

I am seeing quite a few recomendations regarding US transactions that raise red flags for money laundering.
Are you a banker? Where you seeing these recommendations?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 26th, 2021, 2:21 pm

SR wrote:Over 90% of trinis who move to north america are in debt. They also work 2 jobs and have to have multi income households to live the lifestyle they show off to everyone else. Some are there legally most are illegal playing the immigration game for over 20 and 30 years.

Such as? Care to share?

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » September 26th, 2021, 2:33 pm

It's actually public knowledge even if you are not in that world.

Xplode
Riding on 18's

Postby Xplode » September 26th, 2021, 2:41 pm

I migrated to Florida since 2016 ,when i got my green card , i bought my foreclose home with minimal work to be done , i ain't saying my home country " sweet T&T " bad , had a good job and lil business , but RBC and FCB back in 2014 still refused to give me loans or even a credit card , knowing that had to move on , started selling all my assets , Hilux and whole house appliances and furniture ,bought more RY shares and got my K1 visa approved then got my business started in the US , to get a property in the USA got to have proper immigration status or else you can buy property with extra taxes and you have 6 months to stay non immigrant . I know Trinidad would be failing in the near future, best move i made-to get the f**K out,

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » September 26th, 2021, 3:49 pm

Xplode wrote:I migrated to Florida since 2016 ,when i got my green card , i bought my foreclose home with minimal work to be done , i ain't saying my home country " sweet T&T " bad , had a good job and lil business , but RBC and FCB back in 2014 still refused to give me loans or even a credit card , knowing that had to move on , started selling all my assets , Hilux and whole house appliances and furniture ,bought more RY shares and got my K1 visa approved then got my business started in the US , to get a property in the USA got to have proper immigration status or else you can buy property with extra taxes and you have 6 months to stay non immigrant . I know Trinidad would be failing in the near future, best move i made-to get the f**K out,
What type of business you got in Florida.

Xplode
Riding on 18's

Postby Xplode » September 26th, 2021, 4:19 pm

wtf wrote:
Xplode wrote:I migrated to Florida since 2016 ,when i got my green card , i bought my foreclose home with minimal work to be done , i ain't saying my home country " sweet T&T " bad , had a good job and lil business , but RBC and FCB back in 2014 still refused to give me loans or even a credit card , knowing that had to move on , started selling all my assets , Hilux and whole house appliances and furniture ,bought more RY shares and got my K1 visa approved then got my business started in the US , to get a property in the USA got to have proper immigration status or else you can buy property with extra taxes and you have 6 months to stay non immigrant . I know Trinidad would be failing in the near future, best move i made-to get the f**K out,
What type of business you got in Florida.

Started a bodyguard service business and also i'm a contractor for the Gutter leaf filter instillation .

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 26th, 2021, 4:38 pm

And some things that are impossible.
But dem who know ....know.

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » September 26th, 2021, 6:29 pm

Find out what you can buy in T&T and sell outside of T&T, like right next door in Guyana ,set up and account there and wire your USD to the US and purchase the property.

Asphalt products bitumen etc, roofing sheets, purlins, brc, chain link etc, razor wire, security spikes and other bulk hardware items, there's also a demand for excavators and other heavy equipment, there are barges running often to Guyana you can get a space for a good price, the excavator would be the least complicated item, you can even take over one or 2 to a pre-arranged location and advertise them locally and that should cover the property .. get a link in Guyana and you can do all this easily, and you can even make a decent profit, but all you have to do is break even really, remember US here goes for as much as 9:1 so your can calculate your baseline and even sustain a small loss considering that differential, you just have to make a trip or 2 , you're welcome.

Your TTD is worth as much as your ingenuity . For those who like it or not T&T is part of the world and we have a right to what the whole wide world has to offer as anyone else, we may just have to work a little harder..

Dont know if you plan to relocate there or if it's just an investment or holiday home, but bear in mind that the US aint no bed of roses, good luck..

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » September 26th, 2021, 7:17 pm

I still think his best chance is a straight swap. Must have a trini retiree etc looking to relocate from US back to TT and may have a house for sale etc then just pay the difference in value in whichever currency is conventient. That gets rid of the need for forex and should save some money as well. The question is if both parties could further sell the homes and get what they really want.

I know someone who did something like this years ago. House in Miami for a house in Westmoorings. Think it was an internal transaction within a company though.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 26th, 2021, 8:33 pm

Redress10 wrote:I still think his best chance is a straight swap. Must have a trini retiree etc looking to relocate from US back to TT and may have a house for sale etc then just pay the difference in value in whichever currency is conventient. That gets rid of the need for forex and should save some money as well. The question is if both parties could further sell the homes and get what they really want.

I know someone who did something like this years ago. House in Miami for a house in Westmoorings. Think it was an internal transaction within a company though.

Son, do you have any idea how difficult it is to find someone in the US that owns their property outright, sans mortgages, that wants a property of all places HERE, and willing to make a direct swap, with whoever paying the excess?
You might faster find a fowl with teeth

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » September 26th, 2021, 8:57 pm

Well it doesn't have to be a straight swap. Like I said he sells his house/assets down here to someone who is relocating here hopefully they would have sold off what they owned there holding usd. But it's going to be very difficult for him to convert that ttd into usd to make the house purchase he wants. The money isn't the problem but it's the conversion of value that is the sticking point.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » September 26th, 2021, 9:10 pm

Who in there right mind want to swap a house in a first world country for a house in a third world country.

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » September 26th, 2021, 9:31 pm

I have to agree with 88 here, there are so many factors to consider in such an arrangement, including values, timing etc, and that's assuming you have a willing participant in the first place, those sorts of deals only come about by chance and with familiar people, family and friends etc .

It's not like a vehicle trade-in simply on value, its a life decision for most, maybe in the late 90s to early 2000s when Trinis were coming back home there may have been a better chance with a friend of a friend etc but not now..

Redress10 wrote:I still think his best chance is a straight swap. Must have a trini retiree etc looking to relocate from US back to TT and may have a house for sale etc then just pay the difference in value in whichever currency is conventient. That gets rid of the need for forex and should save some money as well. The question is if both parties could further sell the homes and get what they really want.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 28th, 2021, 8:48 am

88sins wrote:
Redress10 wrote:

Not necessarily tho.

if you legally obtain the USD cash, you can legally travel with it, you just have to declare it when travelling.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”