Forums

Leaving Trinidad for good...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

ScHoolboySoloQ
Trinituner Peong

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby ScHoolboySoloQ » September 25th, 2021, 2:30 pm

Blaze d Chalice wrote:As soon as someone start describing and there is mention of trinis, trini/caribbean community, I'm out.
That is a huge negative but on the other hand it saves others from making a serious mistake.

Never understood why you would leave Trinidad to go live anywhere near another group of Trinis.
You intentionally wanting to receive bobolee treatment.

Last time I went London for a workshop, I could not hide the fact that I was from Trinidad.
And after the thing finish and people were just meeting others and talking, one woman said she knew very little about Trinidad and would like to visit someday, but then other UK people brought up how the 2 girls got raped in Tobago and a set of other incidents against foreigners.
(This was not too long after that Ratty incident)
And I have to brakes and try to make all kinda excuse for ollor stink rapist.
But yeah boy I was shame AF.
I always stay as far from the "Caribbean communities" as I can.
Getting my stuff from the store and ducking out fast if I see anything looking like Trini is always the best practice.

I'd imagine foreign trinis are very snobbish and forgot their place. If trinis actually took care of their country and look after their people there would be little reason to move abroad.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 25th, 2021, 4:56 pm

ScHoolboySoloQ wrote:
Blaze d Chalice wrote:As soon as someone start describing and there is mention of trinis, trini/caribbean community, I'm out.
That is a huge negative but on the other hand it saves others from making a serious mistake.

Never understood why you would leave Trinidad to go live anywhere near another group of Trinis.
You intentionally wanting to receive bobolee treatment.

Last time I went London for a workshop, I could not hide the fact that I was from Trinidad.
And after the thing finish and people were just meeting others and talking, one woman said she knew very little about Trinidad and would like to visit someday, but then other UK people brought up how the 2 girls got raped in Tobago and a set of other incidents against foreigners.
(This was not too long after that Ratty incident)
And I have to brakes and try to make all kinda excuse for ollor stink rapist.
But yeah boy I was shame AF.
I always stay as far from the "Caribbean communities" as I can.
Getting my stuff from the store and ducking out fast if I see anything looking like Trini is always the best practice.

I'd imagine foreign trinis are very snobbish and forgot their place. If trinis actually took care of their country and look after their people there would be little reason to move abroad.
Trinis do care of this country, its the red government that have raped and conned this country.

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » September 25th, 2021, 6:11 pm

ScHoolboySoloQ wrote:I'd imagine foreign trinis are very snobbish and forgot their place. If trinis actually took care of their country and look after their people there would be little reason to move abroad.

Trinis that went away specifically to chit on others are snobbish.
These are usually the ones who pose off on the Times Square, or outside on the pavement of the "Goochie" store, with the bottle of Absolut, IG pics with 20 filters, while sharing a basement with 5 other like minded trinis, just to show they "reach"

People who went away because they can't tolerate Trini mentality tend to be more normal.
Yes they will get accused of "licking white man buttom" simply for trying to follow their rules.
But if you just cut all contact with Trinis, that won't be a problem.

Fun fact - If you do the same thing (be law abiding),in an Asian country like Japan/Korea ,Trinis won't accuse you of "licking Chinee buttom" because that doesn't have the same ring/spin to it.
(they regard all asians as Chinese, regardless of which country etc)

A Trini person who refuses to discard that Trini mentality will catch their ass in places like Germany and Japan when they see how mostly everything moves like clockwork.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » September 25th, 2021, 8:10 pm

Blaze d Chalice wrote:
ScHoolboySoloQ wrote:I'd imagine foreign trinis are very snobbish and forgot their place. If trinis actually took care of their country and look after their people there would be little reason to move abroad.

Trinis that went away specifically to chit on others are snobbish.
These are usually the ones who pose off on the Times Square, or outside on the pavement of the "Goochie" store, with the bottle of Absolut, IG pics with 20 filters, while sharing a basement with 5 other like minded trinis, just to show they "reach"

People who went away because they can't tolerate Trini mentality tend to be more normal.
Yes they will get accused of "licking white man buttom" simply for trying to follow their rules.
But if you just cut all contact with Trinis, that won't be a problem.

Fun fact - If you do the same thing (be law abiding),in an Asian country like Japan/Korea ,Trinis won't accuse you of "licking Chinee buttom" because that doesn't have the same ring/spin to it.
(they regard all asians as Chinese, regardless of which country etc)

A Trini person who refuses to discard that Trini mentality will catch their ass in places like Germany and Japan when they see how mostly everything moves like clockwork.
Why did you leave London to return to Trinidad.

aidan
30 pounds of Boost

Postby aidan » September 26th, 2021, 12:41 pm

A very close friend of mine migrated to the USA in 2019, he has a Bachelor's from uwi, and some other courses and about 8 years work experience in the oil and gas industry.

It took him about a year to land a decent job, but during that time he was able to hustle (gig jobs mostly) and save up a decent amount to get himself setup in a nice apartment and have a pretty new car. However he did have a place to stay practically rent free while he was getting himself set up (family friends).

He now has an excellent job with a lot of benefits and is in a better position had he stayed in Trinidad. He says he prefers it over there, however he misses his family who are in Trinidad. He says the job market is hot right now and it's easy to land a good job once you have some education and experience.

I'm also in the process of making a move.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » September 26th, 2021, 12:46 pm

Blaze is correct,

You MUST drop the Trini mentality in other countries to progress.

Those same false ripe Trinis who are from the disgusting spawn of Trinis who overstayed illegally, just love to boast about OH they live in the states.

But come time to work, watch how they scared sheitless to reach to work on time. Can’t come to work when they want and perform as they want as they did in T&T…employers there gonna F them up.

So any Trini looking to migrate, do not carry your stink unhygienic and littering habits in the people country and be prepared to have a new work etiquette.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 26th, 2021, 12:51 pm

aidan wrote:A very close friend of mine migrated to the USA in 2019, he has a Bachelor's from uwi, and some other courses and about 8 years work experience in the oil and gas industry.

It took him about a year to land a decent job, but during that time he was able to hustle (gig jobs mostly) and save up a decent amount to get himself setup in a nice apartment and have a pretty new car. However he did have a place to stay practically rent free while he was getting himself set up (family friends).

He now has an excellent job with a lot of benefits and is in a better position had he stayed in Trinidad. He says he prefers it over there, however he misses his family who are in Trinidad. He says the job market is hot right now and it's easy to land a good job once you have some education and experience.

I'm also in the process of making a move.

Work your butt off and reap the rewards breds
Good luck and god speed.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 26th, 2021, 12:54 pm

what about the one here Abstactpoet or something like that ?
ent she was makingi it big by uncle sam ?

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » September 26th, 2021, 12:59 pm

Karailie wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:People that leave already....

I know it much lonelier up there but Who do you spend most of the time with there? Did you make friends with Trinis there? Do you avoid them? For the Indians, did you make friends with the Indians from India there? How do they interact with Trini Indians?

My husband and I came to Canada with no family members here. I have a few friends from university here and he have some school friends. We initially planned on going to Alberta, but we decided to remain in Toronto a bit and we end up settling here.
There are different communities within GTA, but where we stayed initially has alot of indians. Mostly Punjabi's.

Life in Canada is all about assimilation. You must embrace the culture and people and be proactive in making friendships. Some of my best friends started out as complete strangers who we just decided to talk to. And that friendship allowed us alot of opportunities to experience new things. For example, an indian friend of mine hooked up with a guy from quebec . she moved there with him and invited us to their wedding in Montreal . They had a fairytale wedding in a castle and reception in a vineyard. There are few trini's in this area. When i do meet them up, its like eyyyyy yooo. The trini's I met here are really nice. My husband met a trini man in walmart buying beer and now they are best friends. That guy took us with his family to Niagara Falls and always invites us to do things with them. He used to drop doubles for us too.

My uni friends check on me occasionally on whatsapp and always gives me advice on where to shop, where have deals,etc. I've noticed that the trini's here are more mature and civic minded than trini's back home. They know the struggles of being a new immigrant and doesn't judge you . They live within their means and don't live to impress people.

I now live in a different area with alot of Koreans and Chinese and i've made friends with some of them. They are always so excited to carry me to try their favorite korean foods and now I'm hooked on korean movies.

Recently someone asked me " Why didnt you stay in Trinidad and help build the nation"
I asked them what do you mean. Explain how is that possible when there are no job opportunities for me. My husband worked in the oil industry in trinidad and that closed down. How can we build when we don't have construction materials. I've tried that starting a business thing, and it just didnt pan out. I tried countless times to make a life and career in Trinidad and it never came to fruition. Don't drink the kool aid that the government is selling you. Trinidad is not in a good place. It has not been for the last 7-8 years. If you look at the unemployment rates, it keeps going up every year. The economy is terrible. It was spiraling downwards long before covid and now even worse.
You can sit and wait 10 years for the economic rebound if you like . Not me.

Denial of a fact does not change the facts. Someone wrote above " T&T is no bed of roses but guess what, it's not greener pastures out there either." My friend, you are fantastically wrong. The grass is lush green and thick here. Grass soft and sweet and will make good milk. It is very easy to make a life and career here. There are over 100 immigration pathways to Canada. Its not as difficult as you may think.

Cheers.

Nice story. Thanks for this. Glad to hear it working out!

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » September 27th, 2021, 5:05 pm

wtf wrote:Why did you leave London to return to Trinidad.

Nah I didn't live there. I don't like London/England so anytime I go there it is not for long.
I only go there if is something work-related, or for connecting flight.
Like 5 years ago I remember you could not get a 1 bedroom apartment for less than £1400.
Option 2 would be to pay less rent outside the city, and end up paying the difference in transport and time.
But even worse, you can't get away from the "Caribbean community"

So no London/England but Germany. And I didn't permanently return to Trinidad.
I just got stuck here because of Corvit.
I had a few apartments in TT that finished construction/utilities, but still needed furnishing and a few other things. This was around the time King Growlers announced the removal of the old $100 and I decided to come back and sort it out myself.
Wasn't too comfortable telling anyone which ceiling panel or ground tile could move.

Come back here and by the time everything in order and I looking to leave, is Corvit. ​
But even though border somewhat open I stuck here for a few more months due to some other chit I got started up in the meantime.
In addition the only direct flight stopped flying, with no mention of return.

I was in Japan for about 7 months sometime before that and I think most trinidad pests (pests - not the few normal people) might have a mental breakdown if they have to assimilate into Japan culture. You will also embarrass yourself calling Japanese people "Chiney" or any of the chit you accustom to over here.

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » October 12th, 2021, 3:41 pm

Leaving Trinidad permanently next year. Migrating to Florianopolis in Brazil. Don't think I want to deal with any crazy totalitarian stuff in any Anglophone country.

Took an initial trip to finalize my living situation and to make sure that things are in proper order. Got an apartment in a very safe part of the city. Gonna spend one last Christmas with my extended family and Trini to the max and wave goodbye to Soca and hello to Samba.

I just don't like snow. Cost of living isn't as egregious as it would be in a 1st world country either. Perfect for a passive income earner. Just gotta get used to the weird things they do like putting mayonnaise on a pizza and eating it with a kinfe and fork.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » October 12th, 2021, 3:43 pm

triniterribletim wrote:Leaving Trinidad permanently next year. Migrating to Florianopolis in Brazil. Don't think I want to deal with any crazy totalitarian stuff in any Anglophone country.

Took an initial trip to finalize my living situation and to make sure that things are in proper order. Got an apartment in a very safe part of the city. Gonna spend one last Christmas with my extended family and Trini to the max and wave goodbye to Soca and hello to Samba.

I just don't like snow. Cost of living isn't as egregious as it would be in a 1st world country either. Perfect for a passive income earner. Just gotta get used to the weird things they do like putting mayonnaise on a pizza and eating it with a kinfe and fork.

Can you speak Portuguese? Brazil is a very interesting place though.

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » October 12th, 2021, 3:53 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:
triniterribletim wrote:Leaving Trinidad permanently next year. Migrating to Florianopolis in Brazil. Don't think I want to deal with any crazy totalitarian stuff in any Anglophone country.

Can you speak Portuguese? Brazil is a very interesting place though.

Tolerably well, it's not all that different from Spanish, although I tend to pronounce things in the Spanish way, so locals say I sound like an Argentine that just crossed the border. Reading it is much easier than I'd have thought and I have enough free time to learn how to pronounce things properly.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » October 12th, 2021, 4:46 pm

You sure you ain't moving from bad to worse?

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » October 12th, 2021, 5:30 pm

wtf wrote:

Not particularly. Brazil's economy is still growing. There are bound to be opportunities to do things that can become very profitable. The people are warm and friendly. Ain't nothing like German and Japanese folks without the baggage of being in Germany and Japan. Chillest people you'll ever meet now that they're not in that rat race. They know how to take things easy like we do. The women are next level and the food is excellent. The local rum called cachaça is quite the libation. You just have to have your wits about you and you'll be fine. Worse comes to worse, I can always leave. I'm not looking to climb any societal ladders. Mostly looking to live the slow life somewhere that is a bit more insulated from global supply shocks, especially food wise. The low cost of living is quite good to. Ain't gonna catch my a** in a small, cold basement apartment in Canada or the US when I can have a better standard of life without spending more than I usually do here.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 12th, 2021, 5:47 pm

triniterribletim wrote:
wtf wrote:

Not particularly. Brazil's economy is still growing. There are bound to be opportunities to do things that can become very profitable. The people are warm and friendly. Ain't nothing like German and Japanese folks without the baggage of being in Germany and Japan. Chillest people you'll ever meet now that they're not in that rat race. They know how to take things easy like we do. The women are next level and the food is excellent. The local rum called cachaça is quite the libation. You just have to have your wits about you and you'll be fine. Worse comes to worse, I can always leave. I'm not looking to climb any societal ladders. Mostly looking to live the slow life somewhere that is a bit more insulated from global supply shocks, especially food wise. The low cost of living is quite good to. Ain't gonna catch my a** in a small, cold basement apartment in Canada or the US when I can have a better standard of life without spending more than I usually do here.
Bro, well done I applaud you. I keep tell folk there are lots of other countries to migrate to.

How did you manage the paperwork to become a legal resident.

Maybe you can share your experience

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » October 12th, 2021, 6:12 pm

Brazil is incredible, good and bad in every country but if you're used to Trinidad, Brazil will be easy to manage.

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » October 12th, 2021, 9:26 pm

Congrats on the move bro. No place is perfect, so we just gotta chose what's most important to us and enjoy it.

Wife and son leaving in 2 weeks, I gonna remain till end of the year to finalize things then its bye triniland indefinitely. I honestly can't wait for them to leave to breathe a sigh of relief for completing a major step.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 12th, 2021, 9:35 pm

Glad to see you Trinis making moves….

Settle nicely, work smart, be safe and be clean.

Make us proud.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » October 12th, 2021, 9:37 pm

TheBoostLord wrote:

Congrats on the move bro. No place is perfect, so we just gotta chose what's most important to us and enjoy it.

Wife and son leaving in 2 weeks, I gonna remain till end of the year to finalize things then its bye triniland indefinitely. I honestly can't wait for them to leave to breathe a sigh of relief for completing a major step.

Where you going?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 13th, 2021, 8:10 am

TheBoostLord wrote:

Well done bro, sadly nothing left here for young folk.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 13th, 2021, 8:55 am

Let's be real here there is really nothing left here for young folk with education and skills.

The trends of Trinidad is to make waiters , chambermaids, KFC workers and lesser jobs than is not suited for you or your family. Government seems bent on keeping folk on the lower ranks.

You leave school/UWI and to get employed someone have to know you or you need to belong to the red government tribe. To get anything done in Trinidad someone have to know you or you bribe your way.

Then when your get hired they want to pay you a minimum wage or push you on as an OJT even with a Masters. You sometimes have to take lesser jobs that leaves you over qualified and over time your get frustrated cause you are not earning at your potential. UWI kids can be brats but they did something rather than turn out to be good boys or black hen chickens .

Cost of living is another issue employed or not employed . Dealing with Trini people is an experience as most have anger, no manners and behavioral problems . Top all this off with crime.

You pay taxes with extortion yet still you can't see the services or quality of life that you deserve. The state of this country is indeed in a mess. Your taxes fund massive corruption while red government MPs and family collect contacts .

Only if you come from old money, wealthy family or running a very profitable business then it may be worth it here, but do you to put your children through this mess.

If I as a young person in these present times I would have already left soon as I finish my schooling. I would bite the bullet and do what I have to do to make a comfortable life for myself.

Life is Trinidad is not going to get any better and that's a fact. I stayed in Trinidad cause in the 80s and 90s there was an abundance of jobs . I had the opportunity of becoming a resident in the UK but I bypassed it cause I had projects where that made me comfortable here. Pre covid days I would leave Trinidad just to take a break from this mess. There are times when I thought of just selling everything and leave.

You guys as young people you need to look at your options.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » October 13th, 2021, 11:38 am

zoom rader wrote:Let's be real here there is really nothing left here for young folk with education and skills.

The trends of Trinidad is to make waiters , chambermaids, KFC workers and lesser jobs than is not suited for you or your family. Government seems bent on keeping folk on the lower ranks.

You leave school/UWI and to get employed someone have to know you or you need to belong to the red government tribe. To get anything done in Trinidad someone have to know you or you bribe your way.

Then when your get hired they want to pay you a minimum wage or push you on as an OJT even with a Masters. You sometimes have to take lesser jobs that leaves you over qualified and over time your get frustrated cause you are not earning at your potential. UWI kids can be brats but they did something rather than turn out to be good boys or black hen chickens .

Cost of living is another issue employed or not employed . Dealing with Trini people is an experience as most have anger, no manners and behavioral problems . Top all this off with crime.

You pay taxes with extortion yet still you can't see the services or quality of life that you deserve. The state of this country is indeed in a mess. Your taxes fund massive corruption while red government MPs and family collect contacts .

Only if you come from old money, wealthy family or running a very profitable business then it may be worth it here, but do you to put your children through this mess.

If I as a young person in these present times I would have already left soon as I finish my schooling. I would bite the bullet and do what I have to do to make a comfortable life for myself.

Life is Trinidad is not going to get any better and that's a fact. I stayed in Trinidad cause in the 80s and 90s there was an abundance of jobs . I had the opportunity of becoming a resident in the UK but I bypassed it cause I had projects where that made me comfortable here. Pre covid days I would leave Trinidad just to take a break from this mess. There are times when I thought of just selling everything and leave.

What are some skills that you can learn in Trinidad that will be universally acceptable and aid you in seeking employment?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 13th, 2021, 11:52 am

wtf wrote:
zoom rader wrote:Let's be real here there is really nothing left here for young folk with education and skills.

What are some skills that you can learn in Trinidad that will be universally acceptable and aid you in seeking employment?
If you are not UWI inclined then look to learn some sort of tech trade like Air Conditioning, plumbing, electricity ect. Take a local course and get certification.

When you get to whatever country you will have a head start and will make it easy for you to get certified. Most times you may have to get certified in that country with their system.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 13th, 2021, 12:54 pm

When someone mentions UWI,

I think cheating.

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » October 13th, 2021, 1:04 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:
TheBoostLord wrote:

Where you going?

Texas

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » October 13th, 2021, 1:52 pm

Trinidad is for old timers like Max.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » October 13th, 2021, 1:53 pm

TheBoostLord wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:
TheBoostLord wrote:

Where you going?

Texas

Last edited by SuperiorMan on October 13th, 2021, 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 13th, 2021, 2:00 pm

wtf wrote:Trinidad is for old timers like Max.
Max can't go anywhere, he has a Guyanese passport

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » October 13th, 2021, 4:52 pm

If I were to leave here to go to the USA, I would choose the lone star state as well. Good choice.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”