TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Tiida and Renault Megane similarities?

BMW, Mercedes, Mini, Audi, Peugeot, Renault, VW, Rover, Volvo, Porsche, Jaguar etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Tiida and Renault Megane similarities?

Postby RBphoto » June 29th, 2007, 10:43 am

Hello,
I have been hearing that These two cars have the same "Platform". NE body know of interchangeable parts? ( I jus buy one and hve some rear disc brake envy :))

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » June 29th, 2007, 5:20 pm

Renault owns a majority of Nissan Shares and both companies are developing each vehicles to target the respective market. The Nissan-Renault partnerships hopes to see Nissan being a reputable vehicle worldwide.

With respect to parts, there aren't any interchangeale parts that we know of.

he Alliance develops and implements a strategy of profitable growth and sets itself the following three objectives:

* To be recognized by customers as being among the best three automotive groups in the quality and value of its products and services in each region and market segment.
* To be among the best three automotive groups in key technologies, each partner being a leader in specific domains of excellence.
* To consistently generate a total operating profit among the top three automotive groups in the world, by maintaining a high operating profit margin and pursuing growth.

plex
punchin NOS

Postby plex » June 30th, 2007, 8:33 am

Pointman-IA, well said..

damieG82
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby damieG82 » October 1st, 2007, 9:00 am

Actually the Tiida is based on the Renault Clio platform. The USDM Sentra is based on the Megane.

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » October 1st, 2007, 12:14 pm

Um, u sure about that^^^^^??? All searches on the net point to it sharing the Megane platform (as with the Versa). The Tiida is a huge car when compared to the clio

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » October 2nd, 2007, 6:37 am

bhagan wrote:Um, u sure about that^^^^^??? All searches on the net point to it sharing the Megane platform (as with the Versa). The Tiida is a huge car when compared to the clio

The Tiida & the Megane 2 Sports Hatch share the same platform but parts like the axle may not be interchangable.
Megane carries 4 x 100 for their wheels whilst the Tiida still maintains the Nissan 4 x 114

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » March 24th, 2008, 1:35 am

crossdrilled wrote:Um, u sure about that^^^^^??? All searches on the net point to it sharing the Megane platform (as with the Versa). The Tiida is a huge car when compared to the clio

on the ball crossdrilled. But yeah I think that's where the similarity ends. Major chassis parts maybe interchangeable but I take it that's not what ur looking for

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » March 24th, 2008, 12:19 pm

Time to add the icing on the cake with this post..

You might find the hatchback look like a Renault Megane. In fact, the Tiida is not built on the Megane platform (note: sorry for my earlier mistake) but on the Renault-Nissan group's B-platform which gave birth to March, Cube, Note, Renault Modus and Clio III.

It would have been better if Tiida look as stylish as Megane, but it isn't.
The B-platform is never outstanding. It employs struts and torsion-beam suspensions and electric power steering just like any cost conscious European family hatches. Converting it to the taste of Japanese made it even more unremarkable - very light steering totally lacks feel, very soft suspensions lead to a lot of body roll, and the rear drum brakes lack stopping power. The way it drives is as boring as the way it looks.

plex
punchin NOS

Postby plex » March 25th, 2008, 8:42 am

Pointman-IA wrote:
bhagan wrote:Um, u sure about that^^^^^??? All searches on the net point to it sharing the Megane platform (as with the Versa). The Tiida is a huge car when compared to the clio

The Tiida & the Megane 2 Sports Hatch share the same platform but parts like the axle may not be interchangable.
Megane carries 4 x 100 for their wheels whilst the Tiida still maintains the Nissan 4 x 114

Would have been so much easier for Renaults to get rims...They should kept the same bolt pattern seeing that they are sharing the same platform..

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » March 25th, 2008, 1:19 pm

http://www.renault.com/renault_com/en/m ... synergies/

Mind quoting that source?Pointman-IA? Th march looks more like the clio. The Tiida is very much larger than those cars you want to group it with. I think you are mistaken about the suspenson as well.

*Edit* Found it
http://www.renault.com/renault_com/en/m ... index.aspx

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » March 25th, 2008, 4:51 pm

http://www.autozine.org/html/Nissan/Tiida.html
This is where I got the info from.

The Clio III and the Nissan March, and the Nissan Tiida,and the Nissan Cube shares the same platform.
They do not share the same platform as the Megane.

And in what way I'm I mistaken about the suspension? Just asking.

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » March 25th, 2008, 5:00 pm

crossdrilled wrote:
Mind quoting that source?Pointman-IA? Th march looks more like the clio. The Tiida is very much larger than those cars you want to group it with. I think you are mistaken about the suspenson as well.

*Edit* Found it

As the article said, the Nissan Tiida shares the same B platform with the Renault Clio III(not in T'dad as yet), with the Nissan march,Cube,Tiida,Micra.

The Megane is based on the C-Platform.

Isn't that what I posted?

damieG82
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby damieG82 » May 4th, 2008, 12:40 pm

crossdrilled wrote:http://www.renault.com/renault_com/en/main/10_GROUPE_RENAULT/_51_Alliance/_20_Cooperation_et_synergies/

*Edit* Found it

See, I was right in my previous post :twisted:

What ppl need to release is that a platform is altered (stretched, shrunk etc) depending on the intended use. So in this case the Tiida might have the largest version of the Renault/Nissan B platform... considering the March has the same platform, but is so much smaller.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » May 6th, 2008, 3:00 pm

amm Tiida is 4x100 spacing

Neuroflux
Riding on 13's

Re: Tiida and Renault Megane similarities?

Postby Neuroflux » March 16th, 2020, 10:12 pm

what nissan is bolt for bolt with the megane 2

Neuroflux
Riding on 13's

Postby Neuroflux » March 16th, 2020, 10:12 pm

engine wish that is

Neuroflux
Riding on 13's

Postby Neuroflux » March 16th, 2020, 10:13 pm

* wise

Advertisement

Return to “EURO”