TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Karim Khan's Auto Perfection - Professional Detailing Services

For everything else yuh want to buy or sell

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
• Negative comments or replies, lowballing or 'sale bashing' are NOT allowed in FS topics.
• Personal ads are FREE. Commercial Ads are not allowed without Powerseller Status. Posting items/property for rent is considered commercial.
• Powerseller status is for users who wish to post many items for sale, new or used.
• Even if you do not own a business but would like to post many items for sale, then Power Seller status is required.
• Users are limited to no more than 2 simultaneous Ads / FS (For Sale) topics per classified forum; powersellers are limited to no more than 4.
• Ads that have not been replied to after 180 days will be deleted.
Please click here to view the forum rules
TRD33
Riding on 13's

Re: *PROFESSIONAL DETAILING SERVICES*

Postby TRD33 » November 16th, 2014, 11:49 pm

great work bro

TAKING IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL.......

Advertisement
Karim Khan
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Karim Khan » November 18th, 2014, 9:26 pm

Karim Khan's Meguairs 2015 Product Orientation at SEMA Las Vegas2014

One of the reasons for attending SEMA 2014 was to attend the Meguiars 2015 new product orientation. Specially invited guest was given a theoretical and practical demonstration of the Meguairs 2015 product line. In my opinion, Meguair's really out did themselves as they developed new car care products that are very easy to use for the specific target market and relevant to the changes in the automotive industry.

Enough said, below are some pics of the Meguiars 2015 product orientation

Jason Rose Meguairs Global Technical Services and Training Manager

Meguiars new DA polisher

Karim Khan using the Meguiars new DA polisher
The polisher is well balanced and easy to use.

Jason Rose demonstrating some of the new pads and body shop safe wax

The new body shop safe wax is probably the first wax targeted for fresh paint.

Some of the new polishing pads

The new pads are very efficient when paired with the Meguiars polisher.

These are some of the 2015 products, unfortunately i did not get an opportunity to take pics of other new product offerings but all i can say is that i cant wait for them to become available.

I would like to thank Meguair's TnT for once again making this possible.

Karim Khan
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Karim Khan » November 27th, 2014, 8:37 am

Karim Khan Auto Perfection at SEMA 2014 Pt 1

The SEMA show is not a car show, but it is the premier automotive specialty products trade event in the world. It draws the industry’s brightest minds and hottest products to one place, the Las Vegas Convention Center. In addition, the SEMA Show provides attendees with educational seminars, product demonstrations, special events, networking opportunities and more.

The SEMA Show is a trade-only event and not open to the general public.

Here are some of my pics of this year SEMA show.

Karim Khan representing Zorce Publications

Karim Khan with Kevin Brown and the Modesta guys

Truck on a truck- totally awesome

Ken Block Gymkhana Ford Mustang

Toyota representing

Lamborghini Huracan .... of coarse my favorite vehicle at the moment...

Karim Khan
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Karim Khan » December 1st, 2014, 9:00 pm

Karim Khan Auto Perfection at SEMA 2014 Pt 2

continued

Karim Khan
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Karim Khan » January 13th, 2015, 7:48 am

Karim Khan's Auto Perfection will be closed from Tuesday 13th January 2015 to Tuesday 20th January 2015 to attend the 14 Annual International Mobile Tech Expo in Orlando Florida.

The Mobile Tech Expo is the industry largest reconditioning show for the appearance repair and reconditioning professionals. The show consist of exhibits, workshops, product demos and training seminars. Attendees will be exposed to the latest advancements in the industry and learn how to be effective and efficient in their respective field.

If you would like to contact us please during this period please send an email to karimkhansautoperfection@gmail.com or give us a call anytime after the 20th January 2015

Karim Khan

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » January 14th, 2015, 9:28 pm

Not sure why it took me so long to take a look at this entire thread.

Karim is the man, yes. Wish you every success man.

plex
2NR phototakerouter

Postby plex » February 4th, 2015, 4:28 pm

Thank you Karim for detailing the interior of the car. Professional services with a smile. Every question i ask u can provide explanations , whats good you explain the process step by step. Highly recommend Karim for detailing cars. Thank you.

Karim Khan
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Karim Khan » March 7th, 2015, 9:23 am

Official Notice
Karim Khan’s Auto Perfection will be closed from the 7th- 25th March.

I will be attending the highly acclaimed and most sought after detailers training event for the year.
Modesta Pluscon 2015, Modesta’s Global Training and Conference in Virginia

Modesta, is the world’s best paint coating manufacturer. Their product is used by some of the world’s most elite detailers. It’s basically the best of the best.

I was invited by my good friend Alex Borda of Modesta to attend this global training and conference. At this event I am going to meet up with some of the world’s best detailers, such as Cougar Elfervig of Luxe Auto Spa, Utah, Scott Perkins of Scotty Shine Shop, Canada and Cam Wilson of Custom Car Care Wagga Wagga, Australia were we are going to pack the SUV and do an awesome road trip to Phils detail shop, Detailers Domain New Jersey and once the weather is good to us we plan to take a 6 hour one way drive to Larry Kosilla of Ammo NYC in New York. This road trip is to meet some of the best detailers in the area and to discuss industry related topics and share best practices.

After the Modesta Pluscon Global Training and Conference i will be heading to Orlando from the 16th – 20th March 2015 to my good friend Steven Karim Fritz , Superior Detailer. During this time we are going to work on some cars and share our knowledge and fine tune our detailing skills. I am inviting some of the Orlando Trinituners to come visit me during this time. Here is the address

Superior Detailer LLC
Camerbur Drive, Orlando FL 32805

And this is my US contact number if you would like to call me 1(305)4579233

From the 20th – 23th March 2015 Steven Karim Fritz ( Superior Detailer ), Brian Guy of AOL wheel and myself will be going to Florida’s biggest and best detailing event the 10th Annual Autogeek Detail Fest in Stuart Florida.
Its going to be a long trip with lots of training with some of the world’s best products and detailers.

If you would like to be part this trip i invite you to go to my facebook page and follow.

Click here https://www.facebook.com/karimkhandetailing

If you would like to contact me send me an email – karimkhansautoperfection@gmail.com
Or call 1(786)620-1603

Karim Khan always moving forward and staying ahead.

Live you dreams

Karim Khan
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Karim Khan » April 19th, 2015, 1:17 pm

Karim Khan's High End Detailing Services International Business Review

From the beginning of 2013 i have been attending some very hight profile International automotive detailing training seminars and events and i have made friends with some of the top detailers of the craft.

At one of these events i had the opportunity to meet a real passionate guy of the craft - Steven Karim Ftriz of the Superior Detailer located in Orlando Florida. He invited me to come and spend a couple of days at his shop while accommodating me at his home. I gladly accepted his offer.

Below is a little write up on me while i was at his studio.

Stephen Karim Fritz - The Superior Detailer

"An absolute pleasure having Karim Khan in the studio last weekend! Karim is a perfect example of a true professional detailer. Educated and highly trained by many great pioneers in this industry!

The outcome of my work is so important to me, so I never let just ANYONE paint correct and apply protective coatings with me. His intensive training lead me to trust him...and his skills proved the point.

IMO a Detailer should be highly trained to perform proper details on vehicles of this caliber.

He is the prime example of a "High-End Detailer"

Plus he's an all-around nice guy!

Thank you so much for helping complete the Range Rover and giving me an understanding of just how important it is for a Detailer to have proper training!"

Jason Rose Global Technical Services and Training Manager of Meguiar's

"Totally agree. He is the real deal...AND a very nice guy to hang out with. I would not think twice about working side by side on a car with him. Perhaps someday I will have the pleasure".

Karim Khan High End Detailing Services , respected and trusted by some of the best in the industry

Karim Khan
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Karim Khan » April 29th, 2015, 10:40 pm

Karim Khan's Ultra High End Swissvax Crystal Rock detailing on this Rolls Royce Phantom.

The Rolls Royce Phantom is the definition of a luxury car. The Oxford dictionary should place a photo of this car next to the word luxury! This coach has some of the finest materials, a real wood dash board and interior trims, genuine leather for the seats and 100% lambs wool for the carpets.

Only the finest and most luxurious detailing products was used on this job, Swissvax.

Taking about three days to complete, here are some pics !

Only the best carnauba wax was used to protect this vehicle . Swissvax Crystal Rock luxury wax

Only the best interior product used for each and every specific surface.

The heart of the beast all clean up

Karim Khan Trinidad and Tobago's Professional Detailer.

If you would like to have your vehicle detailed by Karim Khan , feel free to give him a call to arrange a consultation. - 784-9290

Last edited by Karim Khan on May 7th, 2015, 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Karim Khan
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Karim Khan » May 7th, 2015, 11:51 pm

Karim Khan's Ultra High End Swissvax Crystal Rock detailing on this Onyx Bentley Continental GTX

Trust is big when you just spent millions on your dream car. Karim Khan's High End Detailing Services has years of experience detailing high end vehicles Internationally. Trained and certified by some of the top automotive detailing manufactures throughout the world and well respected in the industry. When you choose Karim Khan's High End Detailing Services you can rest assured that you will only receive the utmost best.

Karim Khan High End Detailing Services presents the Ultra High End Luxury Detail on this Onyx Bentley Continental

All snowed up and ready to be Karim Khaned

Making sure all emblems gets the attention it deserves

Only the best carnauba wax was used to protect this vehicle . Swissvax Crystal Rock luxury wax

Only the best interior product used for each and every specific surface.Swissvax

Karim Khan with Onyx Bentley detailed with Swissvax Luxury detailing products

If you would like to have your car, boat or aircraft detailed by Karim Khan , feel free to give him a call to arrange a consultation. - 784-9290

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » May 8th, 2015, 9:56 am

question:
Lots of roadside car wash places are now offering foam car wash....are they all the same?
How do we know good from bad?
Seems foam is the norm now...

Karim Khan
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Karim Khan » May 8th, 2015, 7:32 pm

MG Man wrote:question:
Lots of roadside car wash places are now offering foam car wash....are they all the same?
How do we know good from bad?
Seems foam is the norm now...

Good observation MG Man...i was thinking the same.

I was probably one of the first persons in Trinidad and Tobago to commercially use this process. Once used correctly with the proper chemical and technique it can greatly assist with the preparation of the vehicle

No not all foam "wash" are the same.

Foaming is only one part of the wash cycle - the pre wash stage. The wash cycle contains various steps such as Pre wash, rinse , wash, rinse , dry etc. The wash cycle can be very basic or very extensive.

The heart of the foaming/ pre wash step is the foaming chemical. This chemical is designed to break down the road grime and and help to lift dirt and other lightly bonded contaminants safely from the paint work. Most of the "budget friendly" car washed "aka Detailing shops" are using normal car wash detergent and are charging a premium. A car wash solution, has its place in the wash cycle, but most of the cheaper washes are not designed as a pre wash.

Some "foam wash" business are using very strong acidic or alkaline based solutions that can be bad to the paint over time. These products are so strong it will remove the protective wax or sealant from the paint work and leave it exposed to the elements whereby accelerating oxidation and the break down of your paint work.

The few business that are using the correct products are either using improper techniques or not diluting it properly.

It is very difficult to know which is good or bad. My recommendation is that if you really care for your automotive asset you want to use a well established business where the staff is properly trained and certified in what they do.

How may are there?

Not may!!

In some cases your better off doing it yourself !

Since were are the topic of Snow foam below is a little vid i made for your enjoyment.

VW Passat CC getting Karim Khaned

Karim Khan
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Karim Khan » May 16th, 2015, 3:48 pm

Karim Khan High End Detailing Services detailing for Shell Helix Ultra with Pure Plus Technology product launch at the Trinidad and Tobago Country Club.

When a large oil company like Shell is having a product lunch with million dollar cars on display, they need to have these cars looking its best. Shell and the owners of these vehicles entrusted Karim Khan High End Detailing Services to have horses well groomed and looking their best.

Karim Khan High End Detailing Services is one of the few detailing services provider in Trinidad and Tobago that is trained and certified by some of the worlds best automotive detailing manufactures and has years of experience working on high end vehicles not only in Trinidad and Tobago but worldwide.

On this vehicle Swissvax Luxury waxes was used. Karim Khan is trained and certified by Swissvax Uk to professionally use and apply the Swissvax products.

Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure

PART 1

White Ferrri Italia 458

Pre washed

If you would like to have your car, boat or aircraft detailed by Karim Khan , feel free to give him a call to arrange a consultation. - 784-9290
Last edited by Karim Khan on May 19th, 2015, 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Karim Khan
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Karim Khan » May 18th, 2015, 5:17 pm

Karim Khan High End Detailing Services detailing for Shell Helix Ultra with Pure Plus Technology product launch at the Trinidad and Tobago Country Club.

Part 2

All foamed up and ready to be Karim Khaned

[Image

Karim Khan
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Karim Khan » May 26th, 2015, 10:45 pm

Karim Khan High End Detailing on this Porshe Panamera GTS

To me the Panamera is a very nice car, but the GTS version is just an awesome car!!!

This vehicle interior and exterior was protected using Swissvax Luxury detailing products.

Below are a few pictures for your viewing pleasure

All foamed up and ready to be Karim Khaned

All nice and well protected

The interior materials were well protected

At any angle the paint looks awesome

Karim Khan
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Karim Khan » July 2nd, 2015, 8:54 pm

Karim Khan is officially open

Karim Khan
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Karim Khan » August 3rd, 2015, 11:08 pm

Karim Khan's High End Detailing Services and Meguair's International Training

SEMA 2014 ( November 2014)

I have been to many private and public Meguairs hosted events, the one that stood out to me the most was the Meguiars 2015 new product launch at the SEMA 2014 show that was held in Las Vegas. Specially invited guest had the opportunity to view and get their hands on all the new products. I was particularly interested in the MT300 Professional Series Polisher and the new thin polishing pads that was specifically designed for dual action polishers.

MT300 Professional Series Polisher:

A redesigned Dual Action (DA) polisher, weighing in at just 5.4lbs, the MT 300 is lightweight, beautifully balanced, and incredibly smooth in operation in my opinion.

Some of the specs of this polisher:

Dual Action Foam Disc

An entirely new lineup of foam disc specifically designed for DA use. They are very low profile (17.5mm or about 11/16”) disc that allow for better power transfer from the tool to the paint. This means more cut and a smoother feel throughout the tool.

Some of the advantages are:

- More cutting capabilities
- Lower operating temp
- Less chance of “ticking” / DA haze
- Smoother buffing feel

The Meguiars MT 300 paired with the new low profile DA foam disc is very efficient and effective at removing swirls and other paint defects.

Mobile Expo Tech 2015 ( January 2015)

Following SEMA 2014. I visited the Mobile Expo Tech 2015 that was held in Orlando.The Mobile Tech Expo is the industries largest automotive reconditioning show for the appearance,repair of automobile and for reconditioning professionals. The show consist of exhibits, workshops, product demos and training seminars. Attendees were exposed to the latest advancements in the industry and they were thought how to be effective and efficient in their respective fields.

At this event i was able to secure seating to the Meguiars seminar on carpet and upholstery cleaning and stain removal using their new product line. We had the opportunity to learn how to identify and remove the various types of stains using the new Meguiars professional Fiber Rinse and Professional Protein stain remover.

Meguiars Fiber Rinse:

Used for stains that include items like coffee,tea, wine etc
Meguiars Fiber Rinse can be used either with a bonnet cleaning method or tamping method.
(Bonnet Cleaning refers to a process whereby you wrap a towel around a carpet brush and rub it back and forth over the stain, rotating the towel as it becomes soiled. The Tamping Method involves laying the towel onto the stain and firmly pressing the brush against it in successive strikes or blows, again rotating or refolding the towel as it becomes soiled.)

Meguiars Protein Stain Remover:

Used for stains that include items like milk, food and other organic matter.
This remover tackles the task by utilizing cleaners that directly attack the proteins. It can be use as a booster or used straight, undiluted for stubborn stains.

I have use both product on red wine stains that was set into an white upholstery for at least 5 years. Using the above products combined with the proper techniques i was able to remove approximately 90% of the stain. In my opinion the results was unbelievable.

Auto Geek 10th Annual Detail Fest 2015 ( March 2015)

I attended the Meguiars public seminar at AutoGeek 2015 detailing fest in Stuart Florida ,where the Meguiars MT 300 Professional Series polisher and thin foam disc were again my main highlights. Mike Phillips was on hand teaching the art of machine sanding using the 3m Trizact & Meguiars Unigrit Sanding disc. We were able to learn how to properly use the Meguairs Unigrit sanding disc to get the best possible results in the least amount of time.

Unigrit sanding and finishing discs:
-These are used to level out the surface following a repaint.
-They can be used to either texture level or texture match

Texture level - done with a sanding disc, this will flatten the paint by abrading off the high points of orange peel in order to eliminate texture from the paint.

Texture match - will allow you to remove defects such as heavy swirls, scratches,etch marks. etc without flattening out the paint in that area. for spot repair or even full panel repair this texture matching is critical.

Using the Meguiars Unigrit sanding disc with the correct backing plate and interface pad one can achieve amazing results in a very short space of time. Offered in 3 inch and 6 inch sizes you can remove paint defects in some very tight spaces.

Meguiars NXT 2015 Advance ( July 2015)

The iNtense eXtreme Training Institute (NXT) presented by Kevin Brown is an extreme high level wet sanding and paint polishing program. Limited seats were available and attendance of the NXT Standard class was required.

Areas covered such as:
- Dealing with problematic paints including “soft” paints and ceramic clear coats using water polishing techniques
- Sanding and Polishing tight areas using 3” and 1” sanders to texture level and texture match
- Polishing and cleaning emblems
-Enhancing refining and paint polishing techniques using Meguiars MT300 Polisher paired with the polishing disc alongside Meguiars compound to remove sanding marks, previously this would have been difficult using a DA polisher.

The NXT 2015 advance class was well attended by some of the top detailers for the USA, Canada and various parts of the world. It was a great pleasure working and training along some of the top guns in the industry , such as Kevin Brown, Jason Rose, Micheal Stoops, Greg Nichols and Christopher Brown to name a few.

Automotive detailing is my passion and i am very happy to represent my country, Trinidad and Tobago and the Caribbean at many of these international detailing seminars and training events . Without your support this would not be possible. Thank you!!!

jhon03
Riding on 13's

Postby jhon03 » August 12th, 2015, 5:36 am

I didin't think I would ever see a need for you to post this, your clients and work speaks for itself. Are you doing it full time now or still part time? I can't wait for my R32 to be completed, I will definitely be using your services. People don't hesitate!!!

dohplay
Riding on 13's

Postby dohplay » September 24th, 2015, 11:08 pm

hi were are you located an how much to buff a car

GReddy23
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby GReddy23 » September 27th, 2015, 9:09 pm

gotta make an appointment bud^^^

you should start selling car care products if you havent already

great job

Karim Khan
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Karim Khan » September 28th, 2015, 7:45 pm

dohplay wrote:hi were are you located an how much to buff a car

Please note: Karim Khan provides a mobile service.

Karim Khan provides a personalize detailing service that is focused on quality and customer satisfaction. The cost to detailing a vehicle is based on its size, the condition of the vehicle, the customer expectations and the type of detailing products used. Due to this i can not give you a quotation over the phone or on trinituner without me evaluating the job. The cost for this consultation is between $50-$100 and depends on your location

To make arrangements for a consultation/ quotation or booking please call:

Karim Khan
(868)-784-9290

Karim Khan
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Karim Khan » September 28th, 2015, 10:05 pm

Karim Khan's High End Detailing Porsche Panamera GTS Video

Karim Khan of Karim Khan's High End Detailing Services detailing this Porsche Panamera GTS.

If you are the owner of a high end vehicle and your are looking for a high quality detail give Karim Khan a call to arrange a consultation (868)-784-9290)

Karim Khan
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Karim Khan » October 8th, 2015, 10:20 pm

Karim Khan's High End Detailing Services is sole authorised installer of Modesta glass coating for Trinidad and Tobago

What is Modesta Glass Coatings

Modesta Coating is a highly unique clear hard glass layer for automotive paints with a durability of up to 10 years!*

Modesta Coating protects your vehicles paint from all kinds of damage including wash-induced damages, scratches, oxidation, sap, watermarks, salts, acids and even permanent ink and paints.

Its strong water-repellent properties also promote the self-cleaning effects producing longer lasting depth & shine.

The Advanced Water-repellent Glass Coating can even be applied to the most advanced and sophisticated paint systems, such as Nissan Scratch Shield, Lexus' self-restoring coat and Mercedes ceramic paint.

Modesta's Mission Statement

Products of the Modesta range create a hard, glass-like layer on the clear coat of your vehicle. This thick layer is composed of high grade silicium produced by a special chemical reaction at the time of application. It acts as a impenetrable barrier, protecting the paint from all adverse affects of the environment.

No matter how hard the clear coat layer on your vehicle may be – Modesta adds hardness to it and the layer created will always be harder than the finish of your vehicle itself. This creates a long lasting protection against scratches and other mechanical wear. Thanks to the layer thickness Modesta produces on the paint, it also absorbs damage that would normally be caused directly on the paint. Thus the paint of your vehicle is protected and will retain it’s value longer.

A significant part of the protection Modesta delivers is the result of outstanding self-cleaning and water behavior properties. With Modesta the vehicle will stay clean for longer and will be considerably easier to wash when needed.

Consultation with a reputable professional is always recommended to choose a protection product that fits the individual needs of the vehicle owner. Not every detailing shop carries the Modesta Brand. Only the most advanced masters in the industry will be able to offer Modesta Coatings.

How it works -

The Liquid Glass Coating encases your car in a shield of extremely durable and hard glass. This is not resin based. The inorganic glass liquid turns to glass on and within the paint surface and becomes part of it.

Modesta will reduce the cost and time to maintain the exterior eliminating oxidation & fading of the paint before it begins to increase the resale value.

After the car is properly prepped (paint correction if needed, 1 step polish etc) we would apply Modesta Primer to the paint.

Modesta P-01A is a primer for Modesta's glass coatings that can also be used as a finishing polish. Its thick bi-layered membrane works together with the glass coatings to produce a deep gloss, shine and reflections from the paint surface.

Glass coatings can be difficult to apply to a car's paint in thick layers. P-01A makes this easier. It also acts in a similar manner as a crosslinker, that promotes the coatings adherence to the paint itself, thus prolonging the durability and protection effects. The application of hardening-type glass coatings over an alkyd resin primer is a highly advanced technique used by professionals all over Japan.

Modesta P-01A is a special resin similar to one of the components of automotive paints, that forms an up to 10μm thick layer. It can fill and hide minor surface inperfections without the use of abrasives. It can be applied to produce an flawless finish with minimal cutting needs during the preparation process. The primer is free of cheap oils, fillers and glazes that might last only until the next car wash, and can also be used to remove holograms.

Modesta offers a variety of options for your driving style

BC-03

Pure Glass Coating

Eliminating the risk of scratches should not the only objective in protecting automotive paints. A major cause of paint damages, such as loss of gloss and dullness is paint oxidation. This process can be slowed by isolating the paint surface from the air. Although this can be achieved with conventional coating agents and wax, the oils and fats contained in such materials oxidize easily, and in turn oxidize anything they come into contact with. Once oxidized, these paint protection agents can often accelerate the degradation of paint rather than protect it.

The inorganic nature of the BC-03 glass coating makes it fully resistant to oxidation and therefore more suitable for protecting paint. The hard physical barrier it creates also prevents paint from coming into contact with the air and acts as a strong anti scratch protectant.

Modesta BC-03 does not crack, bubble, flake, peel, delaminate, detach or discolor at temperatures up to 700 °C. This new formula combines pure liquid glass and titanium dioxide for extra shine without affecting durability. It contains 0.16μm particles of titanium dioxide that reflect light with specific wavelengths, producing an instant luminous shine and gloss. Titanium dioxide is sensitive to photocatalyzation and produces traces of active oxygen when exposed to UV rays. This effect helps the coating to prevent the attachment of contaminants to the paint.

Modesta BC-03 requires reasonable regular maintenance and delivers long-term protection. It is suitable for all colors and cars daily driven in harsh environments.

BC-04

Nano-Titanium Glass Coating

A new formula coating that combines the best advantages of the original Pure Liquid Glass coatings and highest quality nanograde titanium. This combination creates a deeper shine and better reflections on the paint. A significantly prolonged working time also allows easier and safer application.

The inorganic nature of the coating makes it fully resistant to oxidation. The hard physical barrier it creates also prevents paint from coming into contact with air and acts as a antiscratch protectant.

Modesta BC-04 is capable to withstand temperatures of up to 900 °C.

Modesta BC-04 requires reasonable regular maintenance and delivers long-term protection. It is especially suitable for dark-colored daily driven vehicles.

Image[

BC-05

Advanced Water-repellent Glass Coating

Modesta BC-05 is a unique glass coating based on a three-dimensional molecular frame. It forms a highly durable clear hard glass layer on automotive paints.

BC-05 produces a deep shine and helps to protect the paint from all kinds of damage including wash-induced damages, scratches, oxidation, sap, watermarks, salts, acids and even permanent ink and paints. It's strong water-repellent properties also promote the self-cleaning effects.

Used stand-alone as a sealant, BC-05 produces an unique kind of gloss called the "candy-like" gloss. If combined with the P-01A primer this effect is even deeper as the layers of both products are combined to a single coat.

The coating also reduces drag by 5 km/h compared to regular paint at speeds over 60 km/h (drag coefficient: -0.02). It can be applied even to the most advanced and sophisticated paints, such as Nissan Scratch Shield, Lexus' self-restoring coat and Mercedes ceramic paint.

BC 06

Heat Resistant Glass Coating for Wheels and Body

Stain-resistance and ease of cleaning thanks to the hardness of the coating film are the most prominent characteristics of the BC-06 glass coating. This thin silica film made from perhydropolysilazane protects the car body and wheels from dust in raindrops that may penetrate soft paints or other painted surfaces and can be removed only with great effort. Thanks to the BC-06 protection washing is required less frequently.

BC-06 undergoes a chemical reaction when it comes in contact with a painted surface, creating a hard glass coating. It has a tightly packed molecular structure that creates a solid, long-lasting surface. BC-06 is heatproof up to 1,300 C - enough to protect wheels from burning-hot brake dust.

Modesta glass coatings is the perfect investment for protecting your automotive asset. If you are interested in having any of the Modesta glass coatings installed on your vehicle feel free to call Karim Khan to arrange a consultation 868-784-9290

Please note all consultations has an attached fee!

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » October 9th, 2015, 8:24 am

car with horrible swirl marks all over...like they used to wash it with a bucket of sand.....what would you recommend for getting rid of most (doubt all could come out) of the swirl marks?

Karim Khan
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Karim Khan » October 11th, 2015, 2:23 pm

MG Man wrote:car with horrible swirl marks all over...like they used to wash it with a bucket of sand.....what would you recommend for getting rid of most (doubt all could come out) of the swirl marks?

That’s a very good question MG Man. Before i answer your question lets explore what causes the swirls marks.

What Causes Swirls Marks

Earlier today i was speaking with Tomo Kashino, the Managing Director of Modesta International about what causes swirls marks in paint. This is what he had to say:

“Motor vehicles are generally covered with a layer of dust containing fine particles of sand. As it is almost impossible to remove sand completely before starting to wash a car, the abrasive action of these particles between the sponge or cloth and the paint causes scratching………”

In a nutshell improperly washing your car would lead to swirls even if it is protected with a carnauba or synthetic based wax.

Removing Swirls, Scratches and random paint defects -

A swirl or scratch is where the vehicle paint has been compromised as seen in the diagram above.

There are two basic method of removing a paint swirls or scratch:

Temporary - This method is basically using a product that will “fill” into the problem. Glazes and some polishes will temporary fill these gaps, creating the illusion of removing the problem. After a couple of washes the fillers on the car will be removed and the problem will reappear.

Permanent - This method of removing swirls and scratches is done by using an abrasive medium to “level” or remove the layers of paint until the problem is removed. That being said, not all swirls and scratches can be SAFELY removed, as they may be too deep into the paint. Removing them may cause more damage to the panel, hence eventually a paint job may be necessary.

Based on my study and observation of our industry most shops would use the most aggressive method of removing these paint defects to save on time and money. This method usually removes too much of the protective clear coat or paint causing early deterioration.

Karim Khan is trained and certified by some of the top supplies of automotive detailing products from the United Kingdom, Europe, Japan and USA. Karim all has training by Nexa Autocolor in the art of automotive paint refinishing for surface preparation to application of 2K Topcoats, Clearcoats and Polishing.

This combination of international training and years of experience ensures that you can trust Karim Khan with all your automotive detailing needs.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » October 12th, 2015, 7:38 am

I agree about what most shops do.....I had a car 'professionally' buffed once, and within weeks, the clearcoat began to flake off....they basically buffed it away :-/

So what can the diy'er do to get rid of swirls?

Karim Khan
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Karim Khan » October 14th, 2015, 11:08 am

MG Man wrote:I agree about what most shops do.....I had a car 'professionally' buffed once, and within weeks, the clearcoat began to flake off....they basically buffed it away :-/

So what can the diy'er do to get rid of swirls?

Swirls are basically small scratches in the paint work. To permanently get rid of them you need to 
“level” or remove the surface layer of paint until the swirls are gone.

There are two methods of removing swirls:

1- Machine polishing - this is the use of a Rotary or Dual Action polisher

2- Swirl removal by hand

Most Do It Yourselfers may not have access to a machine polisher, therefore this write up will focus on the proper way to remove swirls by the use of your hands. This method is very time consuming and involves a lot of hard work. If you are a Do It Yourselfer and you’re up to the task this is what i would recommend.

Things you will need:

Swirl remover - I recommend you use a swirl remover that is designed for hand application. Most reputable brands do offer swirls removers that can be used with this type of application.

Foam applicators – a wide variety of foam applicators are available in the market today.

Microfiber cloths- You will need between two to five clean high quality microfiber cloths to do the entire vehicle.

Shaded area - Most products require you to work out of direct sunlight.

Lighting- You will need an area that has lots of natural lighting so you can see better and also to determine if you’re getting the job done as expected.

Time – I recommend you give yourself enough time to get the job done.

Process:

1-Wash Dry and Remove Bonded Contaminants -

- Wash vehicle to remove dirt and other unwanted debris.
- Dry vehicle
- Remove bonded contaminants such as tar and other stuff that is stuck to the paint work.

2-Swirls removal -

-Park the vehicle in shaded area
-Mentally divide the panel into small 16”x 16” sections / work area.
-Apply the swirl remover to the foam applicator and follow directions on the bottle covering the entire work section. Ensure you work the product by applying even hand pressure until the swirl remover breaks down to a thin clear film.
-Wipe off swirls remover residue.
-Check work area to determine if swirls were removed, if not repeat above steps.
-If satisfied, move on to the next work section until the entire vehicle or work area is done.

3-Polish Once you are satisfied with the removal of the swirls, you can then proceed in the application of a polish to the paint. This will help to deepen the colour of the paint to create that “wet look”.

4- Protect paint - After applying the polish you will need to protect your work using a carnauba wax or synthetic sealant.

I hope this information helps answer your question.

Please note:

Removing excessive paint can be detrimental. The main purpose of paint is to protect the relevant substrate and removing too much can cause paint failure which may result in eventually a repaint of the vehicle. Most motor vehicle off the production line carry a very thin layer of paint on them.

With that being said, i recommend if you need to remove swirls especially off OEM paints you should solicit a highly trained and certified technician.

TTCARLOVER
Street 2NR

Postby TTCARLOVER » November 13th, 2015, 4:17 pm

Hi Karim,

What is your most favorite car you have detailed, or top 5!

Trini_D
Riding on 13's

Postby Trini_D » November 16th, 2015, 1:08 pm

Excellent work from a great guy!!

I was contemplating repainting after the exterior of the car was neglected for the better part of 4 years.….the interior also had its share of issues with a daily assault from the kids…..then I saw this thread :).....the rest is history.

Karim brought my 2011 Audi A4 back to life approximately after 5 hours of surgery. He is extremely knowledgeable about the products and techniques employed and most importantly he is quite a pleasant guy. Well worth the price!!

Advertisement

Return to “Miscellaneous Bargain Centre”