Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby Kronik » November 18th, 2017, 5:00 pm

urbandilema wrote:
urbandilema wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:Cater 450k for the flats
600k + for 2 storey

Thanks great will keep it in mind tanks again

But it won't start yet have to source a artictecht and a list of legit builders

Having the planned size of the house would help with a more accurate estimation, because it could have 25x30 house and it could have 40x50 house, if you get my drift. I looking at doing a 40x47 house, but I leaving the downstairs open for now, which will allow me to complete the house within the budget and with whatever leftover then I could see about the downstairs

urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby urbandilema » November 18th, 2017, 5:33 pm

Kronik wrote:
urbandilema wrote:
urbandilema wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:Cater 450k for the flats
600k + for 2 storey

Thanks great will keep it in mind tanks again

But it won't start yet have to source a artictecht and a list of legit builders

Having the planned size of the house would help with a more accurate estimation, because it could have 25x30 house and it could have 40x50 house, if you get my drift. I looking at doing a 40x47 house, but I leaving the downstairs open for now, which will allow me to complete the house within the budget and with whatever leftover then I could see about the downstairs

Thanks and I haven't decided the size...my land is about 4500sqft

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » November 18th, 2017, 6:16 pm

Is it a normal roadside lot or a corner?
on a side road or main road?
And what's the dimension

eitech
punchin NOS

Building a house in Trinidad

Postby eitech » November 25th, 2017, 9:28 am

Good day fellas. I am in the process of purchasing a house. I was reading through the owner’s deed when i noticed the house number is stated as “no. 4”. All other documents related to the house has it has “no. 5”. How does the owner go about getting this changed or is this not an issue?

urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby urbandilema » November 26th, 2017, 8:30 am

Kronik wrote:Is it a normal roadside lot or a corner?
on a side road or main road?
And what's the dimension

Side road. ..almost to the cul de sac. The land is gently sloping

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 26th, 2017, 8:58 am

eitech wrote:Good day fellas. I am in the process of purchasing a house. I was reading through the owner’s deed when i noticed the house number is stated as “no. 4”. All other documents related to the house has it has “no. 5”. How does the owner go about getting this changed or is this not an issue?

Look on the cadastral and see if the lot on it is the same lot . Check the wardens office or corporation and make sure the lot is the same one on the assessment roll/ register . It can be corrected , just make sure you buying the correct one before you make the deed ,so you won't have problems after.

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » November 26th, 2017, 9:08 am

rspann wrote:
eitech wrote:Good day fellas. I am in the process of purchasing a house. I was reading through the owner’s deed when i noticed the house number is stated as “no. 4”. All other documents related to the house has it has “no. 5”. How does the owner go about getting this changed or is this not an issue?

Look on the cadastral and see if the lot on it is the same lot . Check the wardens office or corporation and make sure the lot is the same one on the assessment roll/ register . It can be corrected , just make sure you buying the correct one before you make the deed ,so you won't have problems after.

On the deed there is a copy of a land and building tax receipt that says “#5”. I am not sure why the owners didn’t initially change it. I now learning these property terms. I will just ask them to make the change before i proceed. At the warden office they will check that for you and how?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 26th, 2017, 9:47 am

Each property has an assessment number on the assessment roll and the owners name. When the property is sold ,you fill out a form ( return) which changes the owner ,but the number remains the same. So the wardens office can tell you who is the owner and also identify the property .

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » November 26th, 2017, 9:51 am

rspann wrote:Each property has an assessment number on the assessment roll and the owners name. When the property is sold ,you fill out a form ( return) which changes the owner ,but the number remains the same. So the wardens office can tell you who is the owner and also identify the property .

Ok kool. So they gonna jus give me that information?

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » November 26th, 2017, 9:54 am

eitech wrote:
rspann wrote:Each property has an assessment number on the assessment roll and the owners name. When the property is sold ,you fill out a form ( return) which changes the owner ,but the number remains the same. So the wardens office can tell you who is the owner and also identify the property .

Yea
Anybody can acess it once you know the assessment number or the owner's name
However, changes can only be made by the owner or if an attorney fill out the return form

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » November 26th, 2017, 9:59 am

*KRONIK* wrote:
eitech wrote:

Yea
However, changes can only be made by the owner or if an attorney fill out the return form

Ok. I am actually lookin at the deed now and on the land and building tax receipt i am seeing an assessment number and the transaction took place at a BIR office. I will jus visit them and enquire. Maybe the no. 4 was just a typo.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » November 26th, 2017, 11:27 am

eitech wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:
eitech wrote:

Yea

Ok. I am actually lookin at the deed now and on the land and building tax receipt i am seeing an assessment number and the transaction took place at a BIR office. I will jus visit them and enquire. Maybe the no. 4 was just a typo.

Yea
Walk with whatever documents you have and let them know whats happening.

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » November 26th, 2017, 11:33 am

*KRONIK* wrote:
eitech wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:
eitech wrote:

Yea

Yea

Kool. Just one more thing. Will this be difficult for the owner to rectify? Jus tryin to look ahead. Will dey jus have to do an affidavit or do over the entire deed or something?

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » November 26th, 2017, 11:41 am

eitech wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:
eitech wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:
eitech wrote:

Yea

Yea

Kool. Just one more thing. Will this be difficult for the owner to rectify? Jus tryin to look ahead. Will dey jus have to do an affidavit or do over the entire deed or something?

Nah.
Thats rel minor
They may allow you to change it if you have proof of a problem
Or they may ask you to send the owner to come in.

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » November 26th, 2017, 12:18 pm

*KRONIK* wrote:
eitech wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:
eitech wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:
eitech wrote:

Yea

Yea

Nah.
Thats rel minor
They may allow you to change it if you have proof of a problem
Or they may ask you to send the owner to come in.

Ok. Jus tryin to avoid any future problems. Tis my first buy.

stang
3NE 2NR for life

Postby stang » November 28th, 2017, 3:43 pm

Just installed interlocking concrete pavers and the installer used regular sand to fill between the joints prior to compacting. Was told by another builder that I should have used Polymeric sand as the other sand would wash away in time.

Where can I get this locally and is it really needed to lock the surface area.

PASSDASS
Riding on 13's

Postby PASSDASS » November 29th, 2017, 9:14 pm

Guys
What is an average cost: labor and materials included... for 360ft boundary wall 9 blocks high off ground level?

PASSDASS
Riding on 13's

Postby PASSDASS » November 29th, 2017, 10:00 pm

Guys is this crack foundation or plaster?

PASSDASS
Riding on 13's

Postby PASSDASS » November 29th, 2017, 10:02 pm

Anyone knows cost to do chainlink fence around 140ft

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » November 30th, 2017, 6:07 am

PASSDASS wrote:Guys is this crack foundation or plaster?

Looks like a structural crack.

Highest points of stress occurs at corners with sharp edges, for example, at corners of door and window frames. That is why cracks usually start from those areas.

Do you have a lintel beam above that door frame? It doesn't look so based on where the crack passes.

The repair method for the crack would depend on what type of blocks you have and whether the cores are infilled with concrete or were left hollow.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » November 30th, 2017, 6:11 am

PASSDASS wrote:Anyone knows cost to do chainlink fence around 140ft

Use $225.00 per linear metre (VAT exclusive) for a 1.83m high chain link fence constructed using 9 gauge chain link fence fabric and 9 gauge strain wire. No ground beam included in this cost.

PASSDASS
Riding on 13's

Postby PASSDASS » November 30th, 2017, 7:59 am

Rory Phoulorie wrote:
PASSDASS wrote:Guys is this crack foundation or plaster?

Looks like a structural crack.

Highest points of stress occurs at corners with sharp edges, for example, at corners of door and window frames. That is why cracks usually start from those areas.

Do you have a lintel beam above that door frame? It doesn't look so based on where the crack passes.

The repair method for the crack would depend on what type of blocks you have and whether the cores are infilled with concrete or were left hollow.

hmmm i knocked the door frame and its hollow in the sides not the top

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » November 30th, 2017, 9:38 pm

Gentle people, i need some advice. I have an upstairs shower at the end of my house which is cantilevered over the ground floor. I noticed a small leak of water on the outside from the corner wall which is where the bathroom is situated. Upon further investigation, i noticed that some of the grout between two tiles in one area has come out and the leak outside is as a result of water seeping through that void in the grout especially when ppl are bathing in the bathroom daily. It also seems that on the outside that a very tiny section of concrete mortar which has been compromised due to the moisture. The shower is frequently used.

Any suggestions on what can be done to alleviate this situation instead of merely resealing the void in the grout of the bathroom?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 30th, 2017, 9:49 pm

Don't want water seeping on any steel in the structure
It will rust and crack the concrete or walls

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » December 1st, 2017, 7:20 pm

I am aware of that. So any suggestions?

vidish
Riding on 13's

Postby vidish » December 6th, 2017, 7:43 pm

Anyone has used ply wood for sale? Want to use it for decking.

stang
3NE 2NR for life

Postby stang » December 8th, 2017, 12:17 pm

Has anyone used the wire from rockys -j.b plastics (Eurosupplies limited) for a new construction. Does it meet the national requirements as it's white with no printed standard.

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » December 12th, 2017, 7:16 am

Guys, a couple questions: when purchasing property why is this wasa clearance certificate so important? And, what about the other utilities like light and tstt? If the owner doesnt pay those bills, are they not tied to the property as well? Wont i become responsible if the property transfers?

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » December 12th, 2017, 7:30 am

You would become accountable if you accept it, all this will show up in the search. The sale agreement usually have that it should be paid by the seller. The land tax also should be upto date and paid by the seller.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”