Forums

Passport Appointment

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Mta
Street 2NR

Passport Appointment

Postby Mta » January 17th, 2018, 8:51 pm

I have been trying to get a appointment for a while ..the process is to call for an appointment but they never answers...i have hold for 55 mins and no answer ...i did this 3 times..

Is there any other way to get this done..
Last edited by Mta on January 18th, 2018, 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Licensed to Walk!
3NE 2NR for life
Location: Refusing to beg ppl to do the job they're being paid for!

Re: Passport appointment

Postby Licensed to Walk! » January 17th, 2018, 11:33 pm

The Ministry of National Security is advising members of the public that the Trinidad and Tobago Immigration Division has operationalised a new call centre for the booking of passport appointments.

A statement by the ministry says that nationals seeking an appointment for a new Machine Readable Passport or for a renewal are asked to call (868) 225-4664, callers will be prompted to select option “2” when the call connects.

The ministry says that in an effort to improve service delivery, nationals with pending passport appointments made on the previous telephone system should urgently contact the Immigration Division by calling (868) 225-4664 with the reference number previously received in order to reconfirm the appointment.

The ministry says that as part of an ongoing process, the public can look forward to further enhancements in the delivery of immigration services including quicker servicing time and an improved public interface system.

http://www.cnc3.co.tt/press-release/new ... pointments

Licensed to Walk!
3NE 2NR for life
Location: Refusing to beg ppl to do the job they're being paid for!

Postby Licensed to Walk! » January 17th, 2018, 11:34 pm

Just in case you were using the old number as was the case with me.

richjob
Riding on 13's

Postby richjob » January 18th, 2018, 8:09 am

A statement by the ministry says that nationals seeking an appointment for a new Machine Readable Passport or for a renewal are asked to call (868) 225-4664, callers will be prompted to select option “2” when the call connects.

chefallday

Postby chefallday » January 18th, 2018, 9:51 am

Go to grande no appointment necessary

bikerz_rule
Riding on 13's

Postby bikerz_rule » January 18th, 2018, 11:16 am

chefallday wrote:Go to grande no appointment necessary

This is correct, they have a walk in facility that caters to people who do not have an appointment.

abbow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abbow » January 18th, 2018, 11:31 am

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 18th, 2018, 11:32 am

we getting 10 year passports now ent

abbow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abbow » January 18th, 2018, 11:34 am

Yup for adults, kids remain at 5 years since their facial features change as they age

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 18th, 2018, 11:47 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:we getting 10 year passports now ent

Yea when I did my renewal in Dec the officer said all new passports renewal for adults are 10 years at the same $250 cost. Was pleasantly surprised.

On another note this week makes it 6 weeks since my appointment and they said I would get my new passport in 6-8 weeks. Somehow I don't have the confidence that they would have it and I feel I should only make the trip to the Immigration office at the 8 weeks mark. (Online or even phone verification that the passport ready for pickup should be the next step for them to make the process better)

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » January 18th, 2018, 12:28 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:

Yea when I did my renewal in Dec the officer said all new passports renewal for adults are 10 years at the same $250 cost. Was pleasantly surprised.

On another note this week makes it 6 weeks since my appointment and they said I would get my new passport in 6-8 weeks. Somehow I don't have the confidence that they would have it and I feel I should only make the trip to the Immigration office at the 8 weeks mark. (Online or even phone verification that the passport ready for pickup should be the next step for them to make the process better)

You can call and confirm that it is ready.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 18th, 2018, 12:33 pm

De Dragon wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

The Immigration Officer said they do not give that info over the phone (This is PoS)

Cooloh
Sweet on this forum

Postby Cooloh » January 18th, 2018, 1:13 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

The Immigration Officer said they do not give that info over the phone (This is PoS)

I renewed mine in August and it was ready in 4 weeks- of course no one called to say it was ready. When I went to collect it the lady told me it was there 2 weeks sitting.
Hopefully urs would be done.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » January 18th, 2018, 1:16 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

Chaguanas office actually encouraged me to call before the time they said it would be ready.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 18th, 2018, 1:22 pm

so whats the scene if you try in grande?

you does gt faster? or they does hadda send everything POS to print

thelem-again
Sweet on this forum

Postby thelem-again » January 18th, 2018, 1:26 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:

Well, that 6 - 8 weeks excludes holiday. So if you're expecting it soon, that means you have not factored in the Christmas holiday.

Wait a while. Be patient.

Mta
Street 2NR

Postby Mta » January 18th, 2018, 9:05 pm

Thanks guys...i was using the wrong #

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 19th, 2018, 9:12 am

abbow wrote:https://ttpassport.com/

That looks WAAAAAYYYYY too phishy for me

Rishizze
Ricer

Re: Passport Appointment

Postby Rishizze » January 22nd, 2018, 5:51 am

You dont need to make an appointment. You can just go early in the morning and line up. I did it in chaguanas. I was out of there in just over an hour.

abbow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abbow » January 22nd, 2018, 9:01 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:
abbow wrote:https://ttpassport.com/

That looks WAAAAAYYYYY too phishy for me

it does, but it worked fine. Set appointments for my entire family using this option. You can choose your dates of a calendar which highlights all the available days and times.

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » January 22nd, 2018, 1:51 pm

I thought tht website no longer in use. You have to call the new #

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » January 22nd, 2018, 7:59 pm

I went point fortin, they treated me nice. was a bit slow as they understaffed and it took about 3 months.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » January 23rd, 2018, 9:53 am

after the previous 5 yr passports are renewed to 10 yr passports the waiting time should eventually cut in half as their will be half as much ppl needing to renew- depending on when they started the 10 yr ones

abbow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abbow » January 23rd, 2018, 11:03 am

nervewrecker wrote:I went point fortin, they treated me nice. was a bit slow as they understaffed and it took about 3 months.

you lucky to have gotten through in 3 mths....i went in June 2017 and got through in Dec 2017...

They claimed a backlog at the Pt. Fortin office...

mitch1980
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby mitch1980 » January 23rd, 2018, 2:01 pm

hey I call the 225 4664 number yesterday and got a San Fernando appointment for Feb 1st next week.
the number works to get the appointment

will see how it goes next week

Mta
Street 2NR

Postby Mta » January 25th, 2018, 5:23 pm

What do i need to to carry on the appointment date.. original birthpaper
Marriage certificated

mitch1980
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby mitch1980 » February 1st, 2018, 9:07 am

mitch1980 wrote:hey I call the 225 4664 number yesterday and got a San Fernando appointment for Feb 1st next week.
the number works to get the appointment

will see how it goes next week

I got there at 715am in San Fernando office
I just came back from my appointment .
there were more walk-ins than appoint 30 vs 5
I was out of there by 8am.

Easy quick process

Collect in 2 months

HSA
Riding on 17's

Postby HSA » February 1st, 2018, 11:10 am

Mta wrote:What do i need to to carry on the appointment date.. original birthpaper
Marriage certificated

original and a copy.

birthpaper
marriage certificated if you are a woman..doesnt apply to men
correct passport forms
i believe a passport photo if it isnt your 1st machine passport

janfar
punchin NOS

Postby janfar » February 1st, 2018, 9:01 pm

Is how people struggling on this.

I walk into Grande office at 2pm and was out by 2:45. I requested an expedite but they told me that they are now so efficient that it takes only 7 days to receive.

Went back 3 weeks later and passport was ready: It was already there 2 weeks waiting for me. No strings, no contacts.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » February 2nd, 2018, 6:28 am

janfar wrote:Is how people struggling on this.

I walk into Grande office at 2pm and was out by 2:45. I requested an expedite but they told me that they are now so efficient that it takes only 7 days to receive.

Went back 3 weeks later and passport was ready: It was already there 2 weeks waiting for me. No strings, no contacts.

I made an appointment over the telephone for the interview at the Sangre Grande office for the renewal of my machine readable passport. The person on the phone told me to walk with a photo, despite people in this thread indicating otherwise for the renewal of machine readable passports.

The appointment was on October 19, 2017 and in the renewed passport it was indicated that it was issued on December 11, 2017, about eight weeks later.

According to the interviewing officer, they were supposed to call or text me to indicate when the passport was ready. They did neither. I tried calling the numbers that I found online and did not get through to anyone.

Went there in January 2018 not knowing if it was ready or not, and was able to collect it. I noticed that they used the photograph that I supplied rather than they taking a photograph as had been done with the machine readable passport that was being renewed.

Lots of conflicting information in this thread. I guess everyone has a different experience even if they renew at the same office.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”