TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Pros and Cons of new 1.4 tsi Jetta

BMW, Mercedes, Mini, Audi, Peugeot, Renault, VW, Rover, Volvo, Porsche, Jaguar etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Pros and Cons of new 1.4 tsi Jetta

Postby aaron17 » November 14th, 2018, 9:41 pm

Ok

greggle71
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby greggle71 » November 16th, 2018, 10:00 am

One RCD300 headunit for sale DM if interested, comes with adapters for antennas and reverse camera

ps: no I’m not throwing away the one I recently installed. Somehow the shipper sent me two units.

bOOsTmaN
Sweet on this forum

Postby bOOsTmaN » November 22nd, 2018, 2:27 am

drchaos wrote:
juggernaught wrote:Hmmm indeed, I’m waiting on a call from them Monday about the status on the car hoping it’s just a mech update or reprogram and it’s fine....if not well goodwill should be the order of the day I guess, this is a known FAULT of these dsg units worldwide so let’s see what would transpire in my case.

Just refuse to pay for the unit and stick to your guns.

Did you pay BA for the unit? whats the status?

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » December 2nd, 2018, 8:09 am

I have phillips xtreme vision 130 percent on low beams a long while now. It ok but in the rain...it fails..like driving blindly. What bulbs you all recommend? I was looking at a site deautokey ...saw hid and led kits made specifically for the type of car and housing/ halogen.

quietdevil
Riding on 13's

Postby quietdevil » December 2nd, 2018, 1:56 pm

I know this is a Jetta page but seeing as there is no Polo page, just posting here a link here for Volkswagen enthusiasts
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=735922

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » December 3rd, 2018, 12:46 am

aaron17 wrote:I have phillips xtreme vision 130 percent on low beams a long while now. It ok but in the rain...it fails..like driving blindly. What bulbs you all recommend? I was looking at a site deautokey ...saw hid and led kits made specifically for the type of car and housing/ halogen.
So I'm not sure how much whiter the light is from your original bulb... What I can say is that blue light refracts more than red light. So as the light source gets more blue, it is more difficult to see during rain as it diffuses more than a red light.

aaron17

Re: H7rc Xenon HID Kit Fits: Volkswagen MK6 Jetta (All Models) | deAutoLED

Postby aaron17 » December 3rd, 2018, 4:44 am

kamakazi wrote:
aaron17 wrote:I have phillips xtreme vision 130 percent on low beams a long while now. It ok but in the rain...it fails..like driving blindly. What bulbs you all recommend? I was looking at a site deautokey ...saw hid and led kits made specifically for the type of car and housing/ halogen.
So I'm not sure how much whiter the light is from your original bulb... What I can say is that blue light refracts more than red light. So as the light source gets more blue, it is more difficult to see during rain as it diffuses more than a red light.
I am seeing 5000k. See link here....
http://deautokey.com/product/volkswagen ... on-hid-kit

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » December 3rd, 2018, 8:43 am

It will actually feel like you have less visibility in rain with a 5000k bulb vs stock halogen; as the light output is more blue than the yellowish halogen...also because it is hard to discern how far the light reaches in rain (unless you see the reflection in a vehicle in front of you).
I've installed projectors and 5000k bulbs in my Civic before and that was my experience

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » December 3rd, 2018, 8:51 am

kamakazi wrote:It will actually feel like you have less visibility in rain with a 5000k bulb vs stock halogen; as the light output is more blue than the yellowish halogen...also because it is hard to discern how far the light reaches in rain (unless you see the reflection in a vehicle in front of you).
I've installed projectors and 5000k bulbs in my Civic before and that was my experience
So i need a bulb with more yellow and higher than the brightness a halogen bulb outputs? Any suggestions of them in refector based?

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » December 4th, 2018, 9:54 pm

I don't really have a recommendation... What I can say is that OEM bulbs are 4300k.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » December 4th, 2018, 9:57 pm

So no bulbs would perform well in a rainy night?

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » December 4th, 2018, 10:03 pm

OEM hid systems use 4300k. for them to use that color temp means that it is acceptable, but personally I've never tried it

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » December 4th, 2018, 10:03 pm

Ok

juggernaught
3NE 2NR for life

Postby juggernaught » December 7th, 2018, 7:37 pm

bOOsTmaN wrote:
drchaos wrote:
juggernaught wrote:Hmmm indeed, I’m waiting on a call from them Monday about the status on the car hoping it’s just a mech update or reprogram and it’s fine....if not well goodwill should be the order of the day I guess, this is a known FAULT of these dsg units worldwide so let’s see what would transpire in my case.

Update
The car is still at BA, initial scans showed the mechatronik throwing a code, upon changing and replacing with a new mech unit problem still persisted, the technicians took down the gearbox and found that it’s the fork that went bad, there’s actually a bushing that falls apart after a while and that causes the mechatronik to stop functioning, so instead they have to do a rebuild on the gearbox.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » December 7th, 2018, 7:43 pm

Hmmmmmmm.

juggernaught
3NE 2NR for life

Pros and Cons of new 1.4 tsi Jetta

Postby juggernaught » December 8th, 2018, 1:26 pm

The Jetta is a nice car I must admit, but some of the problems they come with are definitely not worth it in my opinion.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » December 17th, 2018, 11:52 am

Well my headliner is starting to fail at the lights in the back seat. What is the average cost to repair/replace? Sunroof type. Is it a hard process?

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » December 17th, 2018, 2:08 pm

aaron17 wrote:Well my headliner is starting to fail at the lights in the back seat. What is the average cost to repair/replace? Sunroof type. Is it a hard process?

Not hard. Some diy online.

$2000-2500 over a day or two by a guy in Sando called Michael - 759-7264. My original failed in the same section as yours after 3-3.5 years. Unacceptable.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » December 19th, 2018, 9:22 pm

juggernaught wrote:
bOOsTmaN wrote:
drchaos wrote:

Update
The car is still at BA, initial scans showed the mechatronik throwing a code, upon changing and replacing with a new mech unit problem still persisted, the technicians took down the gearbox and found that it’s the fork that went bad, there’s actually a bushing that falls apart after a while and that causes the mechatronik to stop functioning, so instead they have to do a rebuild on the gearbox.

I guess this is why they say the oil last the lifetime of the gearbox ...
Cause the lifetime aint that long :x

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » December 19th, 2018, 9:30 pm

drchaos wrote:
juggernaught wrote:
bOOsTmaN wrote:
drchaos wrote:

Update

How the civic treating you?

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » December 22nd, 2018, 9:45 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:
drchaos wrote:
juggernaught wrote:
bOOsTmaN wrote:
drchaos wrote:

Update

real good so far in terms of reliability, dissatisfied with the CVT performance but it has been and should be very robust . Main issues is with the dealership and service.
I was worried if the CRV oil dilution issue would be a civic issue since they have almost the same engine but does not seem to be the case. Have been checking the oil to see if it increases between services and no strong fuel smell as well. Researched it quite a bit and it seems the timing, compression and boost pressures are different for the two engines and only the CRV seems to be affected. Also seems to be worse off than people expected, not only affecting cold climates
as New mexico and Arizona CRVs being affected as well.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » December 22nd, 2018, 9:50 pm

drchaos wrote:
drchaos wrote:
juggernaught wrote:
bOOsTmaN wrote:
drchaos wrote:

Update

real good so far in terms of reliability, dissatisfied with the CVT performance but it has been and should be very robust . Main issues is with the dealership and service.
I was worried if the CRV oil dilution issue would be a civic issue since they have almost the same engine but does not seem to be the case. Have been checking the oil to see if it increases between services and no strong fuel smell as well. Researched it quite a bit and it seems the timing, compression and boost pressures are different for the two engines and only the CRV seems to be affected. Also seems to be worse off than people expected, not only affecting cold climates

Reliability is a good thing. Enjoy that. Hoping my current ride is more reliable than the jetta.
What’s with the dissatisfaction with respect to the cvt?

Usual thing here with service. More often than not it’s never as good as it can and should be. Never heard of the fuel in oil dilution but will look it up now.

I see many new civics on the road. I like their taillights alot. Black civic at night with those taillights

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » December 22nd, 2018, 10:11 pm

drchaos wrote:
drchaos wrote:
juggernaught wrote:
bOOsTmaN wrote:
drchaos wrote:

Update

Reliability is a good thing. Enjoy that. Hoping my current ride is more reliable than the jetta.

Usual thing here with service. More often than not it’s never as good as it can and should be. Never heard of the fuel in oil dilution but will look it up now.

I see many new civics on the road. I like their taillights alot. Black civic at night with those taillights

Been out of it ... Whats the new ride???

CVT gives a big delay on take off and is tuned for economy ... Even in sports mode. Its like you need to convince the car you want all the powah. No insta kill acceleration like the jetta had even tho the HP is more.
NA tiida and I took off on green and for the first second or two I was seeing his tail lights. Jumped way ahead after the transmission decided it didn't want us to be embarrassed.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » December 22nd, 2018, 10:14 pm

drchaos wrote:
drchaos wrote:
drchaos wrote:
juggernaught wrote:
bOOsTmaN wrote:
drchaos wrote:

Update

Been out of it ... Whats the new ride???

CVT gives a big delay on take off and is tuned for economy ... Even in sports mode. Its like you need to convince the car you want all the powah. No insta kill acceleration like the jetta had even tho the HP is more.
NA tiida and I took off on green and for the first second or two I was seeing his tail lights. Jumped way ahead after the transmission decided it didn't want us to be embarrassed.

A manual Mazda.

Surprised at that cvt though. I never liked them because of the rubber band feeling and the sound. Didn’t realize they were slower off the line at times.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » December 22nd, 2018, 10:22 pm

drchaos wrote:
juggernaught wrote:
bOOsTmaN wrote:
drchaos wrote:

Update

MX-5 or manual mazda 3 ?

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » December 23rd, 2018, 1:58 pm

Mx-5

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » December 23rd, 2018, 2:02 pm

drchaos wrote:
drchaos wrote:
juggernaught wrote:
bOOsTmaN wrote:
drchaos wrote:

Update

Never like the lights at the back.. the rest yes. Rather the rear of the new insight.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » December 23rd, 2018, 3:40 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:Mx-5
Black?

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » December 23rd, 2018, 3:55 pm

Wow! man living the dream! 1.5 or 2.0?

Americans like the 2.0 but everyone else says the 1.5 is more fun as you have to work the gears more to get the power out of it.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » December 23rd, 2018, 10:03 pm

kamakazi wrote:
Black?

Weird white silver looking colour called ceramic metallic.

Advertisement

Return to “EURO”