Forums

Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

wing
Riding on 18's

Re: Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

Postby wing » November 21st, 2018, 5:44 pm

It is plain to see that WASA accounts for the majority of the potholes.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » November 21st, 2018, 7:01 pm

i could take those pics and post them on the fb?

fatboy slim
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby fatboy slim » November 21st, 2018, 7:20 pm

sMASH wrote:i could take those pics and post them on the fb?

yes :)

Sundar
Riding on 17's

Postby Sundar » November 22nd, 2018, 11:59 am

Les Bain wrote:Seems as if the government getting money for their mega-projects by letting the country totally fall into a state of disrepair. They may just spruce up the areas immediately surrounding Sandals and the Marina.

Yet another thing people would be jumping down the PP throat for but are silently content with under the Mills & Boons author from Tobago.

this happened down by me as they won elections the next week fire and brimstone on the streets, pelting fig tree and thing.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 22nd, 2018, 3:25 pm

Who does make pavement in steps??? Which cnut in the sgrc or mowt came up with that idea?? Entire emr in Grande now has these dumb arse pavements...so when it rains, street is filled with water...feel free to post where ever allyuh want
Attachments
2018-11-22 15.23.01.jpg

fatboy slim
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby fatboy slim » November 23rd, 2018, 4:52 pm

^^ :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ^^

fatboy slim
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby fatboy slim » November 23rd, 2018, 4:55 pm

curepe1.jpg

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » November 23rd, 2018, 6:20 pm

I texted the mowtt pothole repair dept ..nothing yet...

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 23rd, 2018, 7:52 pm

fatboy slim wrote:^^ :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ^^

Imagine the ply you seeing on the road is actually being used by drivers to enter car parks...this is throughout Grande...woft

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » November 24th, 2018, 4:41 pm

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 24th, 2018, 6:32 pm

not to mention all the wood and nails they leave behind, damn idiots who just raping the treasury with a contract

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Who does make pavement in steps??? Which cnut in the sgrc or mowt came up with that idea?? Entire emr in Grande now has these dumb arse pavements...so when it rains, street is filled with water...feel free to post where ever allyuh want

speedmelter
18 pounds of Boost

Postby speedmelter » November 25th, 2018, 10:42 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Who does make pavement in steps??? Which cnut in the sgrc or mowt came up with that idea?? Entire emr in Grande now has these dumb arse pavements...so when it rains, street is filled with water...feel free to post where ever allyuh want

They built it like that to prepare for the paving of the road. The lip closest to the road is for the asphalt to fill into so that the road material tapers into the drain.

The issue is the length of time they are taking to do the paving.. too long after the pavement construction..

Sangre Grande should count their stars. A part of malabar road has been paved to where the road is the height of the pavement and higher than the driveways.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 25th, 2018, 11:14 am

speedmelter wrote:

They built it like that to prepare for the paving of the road. The lip closest to the road is for the asphalt to fill into so that the road material tapers into the drain.

The issue is the length of time they are taking to do the paving.. too long after the pavement construction..

Sangre Grande should count their stars. A part of malabar road has been paved to where the road is the height of the pavement and higher than the driveways.

this was understood.....the sad part is how long we hadda wait for that to happen...wait.......local election is next year

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » November 25th, 2018, 7:34 pm

Isn't it remarkable how the PNM has completely abandoned maintaining roads in this country and literally no PNM supporter has ever said anything about this?

fatboy slim
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby fatboy slim » November 25th, 2018, 7:43 pm

^^ they like it so ^^

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » January 30th, 2019, 12:39 pm

Indarsingh: ‘Send me your car repair bills’
Richardson Dhalai

A section of the road leading to the UTT Point Lisas campus, Couva.

Saying writing letters and raising the issue of deplorable road conditions did not seem to move the Works and Transport Ministry to fix the roads, Couva South MP Rudranath Indarsingh has instead called on his constituents to send the repair bills to his office.

"Writing letters is not getting the desired result and I may have to recourse to another arm of struggle," he said. "I call upon my constituents to send me their bill when they damage their vehicles, wherever in the constituency, so the minister will understand the plight and concern of the people.

“I want to encourage them to get their repairs onto my office and I will advise them to seek redress from the Minister of Works, the Minister of Local Government and the Minister of Public Utilities.”

Indarsingh said the only thing constituents have not done is to verbally abuse him for the “appalling” road conditions.

He also said, “I am also calling on the Minister of Works and Transport Rohan Sinanan and the Minister of Public Utilities to desist from making public-relations pronouncements that are really designed to hide their government’s incompetence, their lack of delivery, and being able to follow through on the commitments they are giving to the population of TT.”

He recalled that Sinanan had launched a national road rehabilitation programme or “pothole patching programme” last year, but said none of the roads in Couva South had been patched.

“I want to tell both ministers that in spite of their rantings months ago, nothing has been done to the UTT road, the Camden Road, the Buccaro Road, the Calcutta No 1, 2 and 3 roads, and we continue to see potholes on the Southern Main Road, between St Mary’s Junction to Savonetta Junction.

“It is the worst condition I have ever seen. I have spent my entire working life, 28 years, in Couva. not only as a member of Parliament but as a trade unionist. and this is the worst I have ever seen.”

https://newsday.co.tt/2019/01/30/indarsingh-send-me-your-car-repair-bills/

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » January 30th, 2019, 1:31 pm

WASA is to blame for most of the road damages.
Water coming once a week, then want to charge for hose usage and raise rates. They need some Espinet in their lives.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » January 30th, 2019, 2:12 pm

hydroep wrote:
Indarsingh: ‘Send me your car repair bills’
Richardson Dhalai

A section of the road leading to the UTT Point Lisas campus, Couva.

Saying writing letters and raising the issue of deplorable road conditions did not seem to move the Works and Transport Ministry to fix the roads, Couva South MP Rudranath Indarsingh has instead called on his constituents to send the repair bills to his office.

"Writing letters is not getting the desired result and I may have to recourse to another arm of struggle," he said. "I call upon my constituents to send me their bill when they damage their vehicles, wherever in the constituency, so the minister will understand the plight and concern of the people.

“I want to encourage them to get their repairs onto my office and I will advise them to seek redress from the Minister of Works, the Minister of Local Government and the Minister of Public Utilities.”

Indarsingh said the only thing constituents have not done is to verbally abuse him for the “appalling” road conditions.

He also said, “I am also calling on the Minister of Works and Transport Rohan Sinanan and the Minister of Public Utilities to desist from making public-relations pronouncements that are really designed to hide their government’s incompetence, their lack of delivery, and being able to follow through on the commitments they are giving to the population of TT.”

He recalled that Sinanan had launched a national road rehabilitation programme or “pothole patching programme” last year, but said none of the roads in Couva South had been patched.

“I want to tell both ministers that in spite of their rantings months ago, nothing has been done to the UTT road, the Camden Road, the Buccaro Road, the Calcutta No 1, 2 and 3 roads, and we continue to see potholes on the Southern Main Road, between St Mary’s Junction to Savonetta Junction.

“It is the worst condition I have ever seen. I have spent my entire working life, 28 years, in Couva. not only as a member of Parliament but as a trade unionist. and this is the worst I have ever seen.”

https://newsday.co.tt/2019/01/30/indarsingh-send-me-your-car-repair-bills/

as far as i concerned this is all ole talk.... nothing will be done.... moving fwd...

but i am willing to send him the bill..... if it will be paid is another thing... :lol:

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 30th, 2019, 2:21 pm

Dont see what the problem is here.

PNM winning next elections hands down

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » January 30th, 2019, 10:40 pm

Funny how all the billion dollar roadworks done by Kams has failed in so short a period of time. But who cares those fellas still have their luxury cars.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » January 31st, 2019, 1:08 am

TT pitch have too much sulphur like TT diesel .

It is not the PNM or UNC fault .

It is the quality of the pitch .

It's too black.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 31st, 2019, 4:57 am

randolphinshan wrote:Funny how all the billion dollar roadworks done by Kams has failed in so short a period of time. But who cares those fellas still have their luxury cars.

at least they did some sort of roadworks....shitkickers team aint doing one MC :?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 31st, 2019, 7:35 am

randolphinshan wrote:Funny how all the billion dollar roadworks done by Kams has failed in so short a period of time. But who cares those fellas still have their luxury cars.
PNM ppl don't understand how to look after and maintain anything .

Just look at how they breed, one set fatherless criminals running around.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 31st, 2019, 8:06 am

There is a word known as maintenance...pnm mites doh really know of it

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » January 31st, 2019, 9:54 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:

Amen.

fatboy slim
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby fatboy slim » January 31st, 2019, 4:52 pm

zoom rader wrote:
PNM ppl don't understand how to look after and maintain anything .

Just look at how they breed, one set fatherless criminals running around.

:lol: :lol:

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » January 31st, 2019, 5:01 pm

Soul Collector wrote:

Amen.

The failures of the UNC's roads should not have occurred after such a short time. Plain and simple, substandard materials and practices were employed from the onset. A prime example is Sisters Road which is in the former Minister of Works and Transport's own constituency. Within less than six months after "repaving" and "repairs", the entire road failed. The landslips are even worse now than before.

Contractors eat ah real nice food under the UNC, moreso than what is happening under the PNM where they only eating ah nice food. That does not make the PNM any better than the UNC. Like I said before, the PNM duncier than the UNC.

Anyway, after overhauling my suspension in the near future, I'll send Indarsingh my bill.

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » January 31st, 2019, 5:17 pm

The road bad NOW! four years after UNC and man still calling it UNC road yes.....real talent yes....real talent.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 31st, 2019, 5:26 pm

allyuh does call out she name when all allyuh sleeping, owah...

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 31st, 2019, 5:30 pm

Rory Phoulorie wrote:
Soul Collector wrote:

Amen.

The failures of the UNC's roads should not have occurred after such a short time. Plain and simple, substandard materials and practices were employed from the onset. A prime example is Sisters Road which is in the former Minister of Works and Transport's own constituency. Within less than six months after "repaving" and "repairs", the entire road failed. The landslips are even worse now than before.

Contractors eat ah real nice food under the UNC, moreso than what is happening under the PNM where they only eating ah nice food. That does not make the PNM any better than the UNC. Like I said before, the PNM duncier than the UNC.

Anyway, after overhauling my suspension in the near future, I'll send Indarsingh my bill.

what is being done to rectify that?
on the ring road heading to ste madeline, there was a cave down on the north western side, last year or the year before, it took about half a year for it to be addressed. they leveled the blue metal over it, then some time after leveled the asphalt. within weeks, the whole thing caved again.

both sides doing shoddy work, but now, it existing in a dilapidated state, more than in a usable state.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”