Forums

Workers in Trinidad

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Workers in Trinidad

Postby 88sins » April 9th, 2019, 3:44 pm

Redman wrote:If there are crappy people in your organization... its your fault.
Garbage in...garbage out.

often, but not always. in some cases u could look at them like raw materials, like hardboard.
if the employer always keep cutting material too short to fit, walk on it & break it up, making crooked cuts, leaving some outside to get soak in d rain overnight, storing some on a oily floor & dropping lit cigarettes on it, hadda expect what yuh have eh go be good for nuttn eventually after all d misuse & neglect

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » April 9th, 2019, 7:03 pm

Agreed.

If you have sheit in your yard.
You either created it or allowed it to stay.

philliprock
3NE 2NR for life

Postby philliprock » April 13th, 2019, 6:19 pm

ive been itching to give my input here, it might be lengthy but heres my take from clocking almost over 8years of sales representatives.
your looking for good people to work for you? well some people might be educated or simply entry level to be employed but you’ve gotta see whos really ‘hungry’ for a job… little niches always give people away.
management in a business always reflects on its workers, if you’re a shitty boss expect shitty clerk attitude more or less to leave in a 2 week-month period.
good quality workers always come in with experience :) knows how to wake up early and leave when the door closes. but if its piss poor management skills… what youd expect?
I believe workers should be more flexible with hours and time off, we have lives and not solely responsible making the boss more fat. if we get some ease up on work hours maybe alil 30mins early self… id bet your workers will be more greatful and in a better mood.
I cant wager that profits/slacking off vs trust… that’s tuff, then again building and sky scrapers aren’t build on trust.
the work environment is way different now… men getting cuss up in ah store work… like if is construction.
I don’t think laziness is a trend as someone mentioned I was surprised theres a guy I work with is in his late teens and he works really hard but hes renting so hes kinda hungry for a nice salary at the end of the week.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » June 16th, 2019, 1:20 pm

TT 5th in highest worker absenteeism
Chief labour relations officer reports

TT has the fifth highest worker absenteeism rate in the world, chief labour relations officer Sabina Gomez has revealed.

This information was reported on at an Employees Consultative Association forum, Gomez said, noting productivity and absenteeism continue to be a major problem in the private and public sector. She dealt with this issue during a seminar hosted by the THA Division of Community Development, Enterprise Development and Labour at its conference hall, Glen Road, Scarborough on Friday. Her office falls under the Ministry of Labour and Small Enterprise Development.

Gomez defined absenteeism as the repeated absence from work of individuals or groups employed or contracted to do a specific job. She pointed out that more than ever employee absenteeism is recognised an area of concern, which requires the attention of management because of its impact on the economic wellbeing of the organisation.

Employee absence from work, she said, is usually part of the terms and conditions of employment and can be found in most organisations collective bargaining agreements. Elaborating further, Gomez said the difference between employee absence from work and employee absenteeism – the difference between eligibility and entitlement to different types of leave – the use and the abuse of acceptable and unacceptable levels of employee absenteeism – and responsible behaviour towards the use of employee benefits, such as sick leave and personal leave, must be explored.

She pointed out that in TT, there is often a prevailing work­place cul­ture where eligibility to sick and casual leave is interpreted as an entitlement, and the allocations are deliberately exhausted as a right.

One reason for this trend may relate to employees who are discouraged within organsations where there are many managers.

“You would find clashes in terms of instructions given by this one or that one...who do I follow? Sometimes we have a confused employee...you confuse the employees and that leads to them becoming demotivated because they don’t know who to take instructions from."

Gomez also addressed the issue of management style.

“Employees want to work for management figures who show them respect, appreciation and concern, who lead by example. So sometimes, it may not necessarily be all absenteeism, in terms of looking at productivity, there may be other factors that create it.”

It is necessary for companies to assist in changing the culture of workplaces, she advised, so that employees shift focus from being absent from work at every opportunity, to attending work regularly and punctually and being productive when they are at work. Employees, on the other hand, should also continually ask themselves what value they are adding to the organisation.

Gomez noted that it is time that employers see employees and their representatives as a partner in business rather than a helping hand.

“We have to talk about culture transformation and our control style to maybe a more inclusive, collaborative approach. Sometimes, these same workers with low productivity, when they go abroad as they land in another country, they adopt the culture and the work style, and you would find that those are the most productive workers.

“Then we need to ask ourselves what it is that we’re not doing that these so-called most productive workers, they’re not productive in our environment but they would go in another environment and be very productive. That is something that we probably need to look at, in terms of how we harness that to our benefit.”

Source: https://newsday.co.tt/2019/06/16/tt-5th ... senteeism/

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 16th, 2019, 1:30 pm

^ Los venezolanos están aquí.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 16th, 2019, 2:06 pm

^^^ That report is mostly goverment and PNM ppl workers.
Try that chit in private companies and its level warning letters.

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » June 16th, 2019, 2:15 pm

But wait, that article is misleading.
Everyone knows that trinis are a very hardworking bunch and never miss a day of work, and stay overtime without being asked, and are always on time.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 16th, 2019, 2:43 pm

Blaze d Chalice wrote:But wait, that article is misleading.
Everyone knows that trinis are a very hardworking bunch and never miss a day of work, and stay overtime without being asked, and are always on time.
That only applies abroad.

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » June 16th, 2019, 3:16 pm

Why all yuh think Rowley not allowing them vene to pay NIS? He say in parliament, that if they allowed de vene to pay even one payment of NIS, then they would be able to claim benefits from the system. So man could work one day, and say he get damage and de government hadda mine he till he dead.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 16th, 2019, 3:19 pm

vaiostation wrote:Why all yuh think Rowley not allowing them vene to pay NIS? He say in parliament, that if they allowed de vene to pay even one payment of NIS, then they would be able to claim benefits from the system. So man could work one day, and say he get damage and de government hadda mine he till he dead.
Once they get married to locals they can get access to citizenship.

Even having a baby will allow them to get access to citizenship.

Expect new borns on the way

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » June 16th, 2019, 3:27 pm

zoom rader wrote:
vaiostation wrote:Why all yuh think Rowley not allowing them vene to pay NIS? He say in parliament, that if they allowed de vene to pay even one payment of NIS, then they would be able to claim benefits from the system. So man could work one day, and say he get damage and de government hadda mine he till he dead.

Can immigration still frustrate them like the Guyanese lady who claims she's here 11 years yet they forcing she to come and go every 6 months to renew her residency and cannot work even though she's married and has 3 children?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 16th, 2019, 4:14 pm

hydroep wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Can immigration still frustrate them like the Guyanese lady who claims she's here 11 years yet they forcing she to come and go every 6 months to renew her residency and cannot work even though she's married and has 3 children?
When your papers not in order this is what they do to you. She probably filled skullduggery papers and had addition paper work to be submitted .

People don't understand how important Trini citizenship is. Just go on their website and see the amount of paper work you have to file to become a citizen. You need to get naturalise first and apply to become a full citizen with passport. That take a over 9 years to achieve

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 16th, 2019, 4:21 pm

hydroep wrote:Can immigration still frustrate them like the Guyanese lady who claims she's here 11 years yet they forcing she to come and go every 6 months to renew her residency and cannot work even though she's married and has 3 children?

Why would they want to frustrate a Venezuelan though?

Its ok to frustrate a Guyanese but not a Venezuelan.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 16th, 2019, 4:22 pm

Yeh bro yuh right. And thats what your tax paying dollars are for.

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » June 16th, 2019, 4:59 pm

This really isn't how nis works but ok. Fact - No one in Trinidad can claim any nis benefits from just one week's nis contribution.

mero

Postby mero » June 16th, 2019, 5:03 pm

MaxPower wrote:

Yeh bro yuh right. And thats what your tax paying dollars are for.
No he's 100% wrong and so are you. Go educate yourself please DuncePower. At least try to appear educated for once

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 16th, 2019, 5:22 pm

Desi-Mero like them Venezuelans givin allyuh pathetic sufferers pressure ent.

Probably sucks knowing you can be replaced in any minute now with that minimum wage job eh?

Stop letting out your frustration here and seek sympathy somewhere else.

mero

Postby mero » June 16th, 2019, 6:12 pm

MaxPower wrote:Desi-Mero like them Venezuelans givin allyuh pathetic sufferers pressure ent.

Probably sucks knowing you can be replaced in any minute now with that minimum wage job eh?

Try harder MaxPoser . Don't digress on your ignorance my friend .

Read up on nis benefits and the nis act, say thank you after. Cyah be looking fully dunce on 2nr 24/7

Mero cares

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » June 16th, 2019, 6:29 pm

mero wrote:

This really isn't how nis works but ok. Fact - No one in Trinidad can claim any nis benefits from just one week's nis contribution.

I was simply reporting what Rowley said in parliament.

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » June 16th, 2019, 6:31 pm

zoom rader wrote:

Que ?

https://www.facebook.com/ExpressNewspap ... 474165272/

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Workers in Trinidad

Postby MaxPower » June 16th, 2019, 6:34 pm

Desi-Mero, i distinctively remember asking you to pm me for advice on how to better yourself in society. By wanting Tuner to know u know a little about NIS isnt helping. Stop trying to act smart and accept the dumbfak u are.

You have to stop the suffering and whining. Cant be bumping up that smelly lip and expect to progress. Ive notice that the Venezuelan influx is affecting you, and its because you know that you are one of those who the Venezuelans can easily take advantage of.

Why cry? For the second time, get in contact with me so i can give you tips on how to be somebody people would want to even look at and respect. Yuh cant be using Tuner ole talk forum as your everyday way of life.

The choice is yours desifemlove.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 16th, 2019, 6:42 pm

MaxPower wrote:Desi-Mero, i distinctively remember asking you to pm me for advice on how to better yourself in society. By wanting Tuner to know u know a little about NIS isnt helping. Stop trying to act smart and accept the dumbfak u are.

You have to stop the suffering and whining. Cant be bumping up that smelly lip and expect to progress. Ive notice that the Venezuelan influx is affecting you, and its because you know that you are one of those who the Venezuelans can easily take advantage of.

Why cry? For the second time, get in contact with me so i can give you tips on how to be somebody people would want to even look at and respect. Yuh cant be using Tuner ole talk forum as your everyday way of life.

Desi is the same person that had penis problems.

mero

Postby mero » June 16th, 2019, 6:48 pm

MaxPower wrote:Desi-Mero, i distinctively remember asking you to pm me for advice on how to better yourself in society. By wanting Tuner to know u know a little about NIS isnt helping. Stop trying to act smart and accept the dumbfak u are.

Tl;dr

Same time you take to write this stale ass essay you could done read through some chapters. Utilize your free time wisely.

Remeber mero cares

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 16th, 2019, 7:00 pm

zoom rader wrote:Desi is the same person that had penis problems.

Correct.

Desifemlove = Mero

Say Hi Mero, we don make you out long time

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 16th, 2019, 7:56 pm

MaxPower wrote:
zoom rader wrote:Desi is the same person that had penis problems.

Correct.

Desifemlove = Mero

Say Hi Mero, we don make you out long time
Dats rspann partner

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » June 16th, 2019, 8:01 pm

VII wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Que ?

https://www.facebook.com/ExpressNewspap ... 474165272/

She look real normal for just having a baby.

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » June 16th, 2019, 8:15 pm

If she really did, plenty local cows jealous.

If she didn't, and had the baby yesterday or previously or even borrowed the baby, locals still jealous.
Reporter probably knew this and wanted to make the local cows jealous who take +6 months to 'partially' recover.

And it worked.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 16th, 2019, 8:34 pm

One ting eh...all them ugly broke ass roaches like Mero go be runnin down them Vene now cuz its the only thing they could get.

Ugly trini and hot vene doh mix na...child does come out ugly.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » June 16th, 2019, 8:47 pm

It’s about time all dem gutter people who waking minumum wage realize that their nasty attitudes can be replaced with the snap of. The fingers. I wish they would also start putting public servants jobs on the line, then finally we could get a more efficient and pleasurable experience when having to deal with government agencies.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 16th, 2019, 9:00 pm

MaxPower wrote:Desi-Mero like them Venezuelans givin allyuh pathetic sufferers pressure ent.

Was conversing with a vene national today. He says he cant understand trini work habits. Work 15 minutes and take a 5 minute smoke break.

Another asked me for a job, speaks fluent English, has 9 years experience in HVAC and qualified in PLC.

Trini people tend to be hard headed and not willing to learn. Had one with me for about a month until I start to get fed up. I ask him why is he not watching what I doing? he said he looking for a place in the bush to pee. Just left inside, right next to the bathroom and looking for bush to pee in outside.
1 month and he learnt nothing, aint even have the common sense to put a bowl to catch water from an ac unit in a room with a freshly cast floor. Left all the water to leak out for half hour and eh have the sense to connect the drain line.

When I was still a learner I remember a contractor telling a foreman "you better hold on to this one, he is not taking his eyes off what you doing". I never understood what he meant until now. I was always of the impression everyone is like me.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”