Forums

Sat Maharaj - RIP

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

zoom rader
TunerGod

Re: Sat Maharaj - The only Troll without a keyboard

Postby zoom rader » August 24th, 2019, 6:51 pm

Lou Screuz wrote:I am a hindu and i reading some of these comments here and on other topics and i have to wonder what and where d moddacont people does get their information about hindu people from ?

I never in my life ever hear anybody beat up or talk about caste other than what caste is - everybody born with certain gifts and traits - and if you smart you will pay close attention to yourself and align your life. You dont have to - but if you smart you will. If you have a natural inclination to construction and technical drawing but you cannot sing to save your life- is bess you go and do that instead of trying to be a soca artist. It means if you smart you marrid somebody you most compatible with. That wrong ?

It cannot be a "skin colour" thing neither - my whole life almost EVERY hindu couple i know up to my own mother and father is different skin tone / facial structure / body type / hair type/ height. About 1/8 people in the temple i attend is visibly mixed race and everybody does get along. Same temple raise money for a black woman nearby to get medical help. Same temple raise money for dominica. Same temple donate food and schoolbooks to Greenvale.

so what all you people does be talking about ?

Hindu "child marriage". Long time marriage was about community - not 2 people "falling in love". Life wasn't about what you an darlin want - it was about you and she AND your inlaws not starving and living in d road. So that is why my granny and grandpa get married at 15 and 17 - it was a pledge and pooling of family resources - They meet each other in d morning for the first time ever - married just before lunch - then that afternoon grandpa went back to rio claro and granny went back to siparia and then they did not see each other again until they was about 19 and grandpa had a actual trade. They did not start making children left right center that night at age 14 and then cry that HDC give them a house and is d syrian and kamla thief out dey morney.

Last I heard the sdms was suggesting 16 be the age - simply because sometimes teenage couples get pregnant and this would give them options. I see no reason to be against that - especially if their parents are involved. By 16 you can get a job - or at least be in training for one - you know what you are doing and where babies come from. Funny how nobody calls out the people of another certain religion who was pushing for age 12.

Aye I-Carly, if you name man - stop worring about people name maraj - why you don't go and find and video people name bakr and abdulla and ask them about ACTUAL child marriage ? Why you don't go and do an interview about that ? Livestream it - Ask them about how a famous middle eastern man who we does wish peace onto did marrid a six year old and consummate it when she turn 9. I would be most interested in seeing their response to you, LIVE on youtube :twisted: .

It have a man who openly admitted to recruiting trinidadians for ISIS walking around free and literally hugging up attorney general - all ah wee quiet about that - But Sat Maharaj reads an article written by a tobagonian about tobagonians and points out the fact that 12000 people getting more money than 1200000 and gets charged for sedition . we forking mad in this place.

- it needs to be said - Most of the Sat-Maharaj-hate in this country is nothing more than jealousy and an attempt to pull down an otherwise harmless person who never force anybody to do anything. It have a kind of people who just plain hate hindus for political reasons and they take any chance they can get to pull down what and who they believe gives Hindu people structure. The envy is real.

Stop getting your information about hindu people from pentecostal churches, pnm/small-islander-hosted talk radio and the not-so-secret-isis-imams. :fist:
Men studying Sat and hindus but meanwhile 1% marry their cousins and keep the money all in the family.

Why you think they all look deformed

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » August 24th, 2019, 8:41 pm

if they adults and don't mind having diseased or deformed progeny for the sake of keeping the money within the family, daz dem business.

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » August 25th, 2019, 2:36 am

88sins wrote:if they adults and don't mind having diseased or deformed progeny for the sake of keeping the money within the family, daz dem business.

True Zoomie bitter because Nicholas blanked his advanced

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » August 26th, 2019, 3:36 pm

Lou Screuz wrote:I am a hindu and i reading some of these comments here and on other topics and i have to wonder what and where d moddacont people does get their information about hindu people from ?

I never in my life ever hear anybody beat up or talk about caste other than what caste is - everybody born with certain gifts and traits - and if you smart you will pay close attention to yourself and align your life. You dont have to - but if you smart you will. If you have a natural inclination to construction and technical drawing but you cannot sing to save your life- is bess you go and do that instead of trying to be a soca artist. It means if you smart you marrid somebody you most compatible with. That wrong ?

It cannot be a "skin colour" thing neither - my whole life almost EVERY hindu couple i know up to my own mother and father is different skin tone / facial structure / body type / hair type/ height. About 1/8 people in the temple i attend is visibly mixed race and everybody does get along. Same temple raise money for a black woman nearby to get medical help. Same temple raise money for dominica. Same temple donate food and schoolbooks to Greenvale.

Hindu "child marriage". Long time marriage was about community - not 2 people "falling in love". Life wasn't about what you an darlin want - it was about you and she AND your inlaws not starving and living in d road. So that is why my granny and grandpa get married at 15 and 17 - it was a pledge and pooling of family resources - They meet each other in d morning for the first time ever - married just before lunch - then that afternoon grandpa went back to rio claro and granny went back to siparia and then they did not see each other again until they was about 19 and grandpa had a actual trade. They did not start making children left right center that night at age 14 and then cry that HDC give them a house and is d syrian and kamla thief out dey morney.

Last I heard the sdms was suggesting 16 be the age - simply because sometimes teenage couples get pregnant and this would give them options. I see no reason to be against that - especially if their parents are involved. By 16 you can get a job - or at least be in training for one - you know what you are doing and where babies come from. Funny how nobody calls out the people of another certain religion who was pushing for age 12.

Aye I-Carly, if you name man - stop worring about people name maraj - why you don't go and find and video people name bakr and abdulla and ask them about ACTUAL child marriage ? Why you don't go and do an interview about that ? Livestream it - Ask them about how a famous middle eastern man who we does wish peace onto did marrid a six year old and consummate it when she turn 9. I would be most interested in seeing their response to you, LIVE on youtube :twisted: .

It have a man who openly admitted to recruiting trinidadians for ISIS walking around free and literally hugging up attorney general - all ah wee quiet about that - But Sat Maharaj reads an article written by a tobagonian about tobagonians and points out the fact that 12000 people getting more money than 1200000 and gets charged for sedition . we forking mad in this place.

- it needs to be said - Most of the Sat-Maharaj-hate in this country is nothing more than jealousy and an attempt to pull down an otherwise harmless person who never force anybody to do anything. It have a kind of people who just plain hate hindus for political reasons and they take any chance they can get to pull down what and who they believe gives Hindu people structure. The envy is real.

Stop getting your information about hindu people from pentecostal churches, pnm/small-islander-hosted talk radio and the not-so-secret-isis-imams. :fist:

Also consider that the life expectancy back then was around 35 years old. Getting married at half the age of your expected life span is not unreasonable to think about. Btw, the information I talked about was from the podcast with Sat. I'm basically repeating what he said and throwing in my opinion of it. Feel free to agree or disagree as you like.

As for talking to Muslims about child marriage.... yeah... I want to but haven't found anyone willing to come on that could hold people's attention. If you know anyone, please link me up, that will be a very interesting podcast.

And lastly, man... I wish I could do this youtube thing live but I funding this from my pocket and it's just me alone so I can't afford that kind of equipment or staff. You see I'm striving for a certain quality. I already have a long way to go in terms of quality and I'm trying to at least keep consistent with it. If the demand and funding is there in the future then I'm all for it. But in the meanwhile, just know that I only do very minor editing to my podcasts. I only remove long silences and mishaps. I'm doing this to capture people's point of view in context so going live with no audience does not offer any real benefit at this time.

Thanks for the feedback though. If you want you can find the entire podcast on the youtube channel.

l33t2
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby l33t2 » August 26th, 2019, 4:46 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:

Also consider that the life expectancy back then was around 35 years old. Getting married at half the age of your expected life span is not unreasonable to think about. Btw, the information I talked about was from the podcast with Sat. I'm basically repeating what he said and throwing in my opinion of it. Feel free to agree or disagree as you like.

As for talking to Muslims about child marriage.... yeah... I want to but haven't found anyone willing to come on that could hold people's attention. If you know anyone, please link me up, that will be a very interesting podcast.

And lastly, man... I wish I could do this youtube thing live but I funding this from my pocket and it's just me alone so I can't afford that kind of equipment or staff. You see I'm striving for a certain quality. I already have a long way to go in terms of quality and I'm trying to at least keep consistent with it. If the demand and funding is there in the future then I'm all for it. But in the meanwhile, just know that I only do very minor editing to my podcasts. I only remove long silences and mishaps. I'm doing this to capture people's point of view in context so going live with no audience does not offer any real benefit at this time.

Thanks for the feedback though. If you want you can find the entire podcast on the youtube channel.

You doing a great job. When you build up enough followers try to approach sponsors, also try to network amongst social media influencers etc.

But you both raise good points although I really don't think lifespan was ever averaging as low as 35 but it's still relevant. And secondly marrying for survival is and was fine but our societies structure has changed dramatically.

Lastly, ofc we don't follow a caste system here. It's also why Indians here look very different to many Indians from India. But to say ppl don't discriminate against skin colour here (both Indian and Blacks) is being ignorant. 9/10 of ten women will choose a fair skin guy over darker (all things being equal) because they don't want no dark skin children. I've heard dozens of women say that.

Anyway my earlier argument against child marriage, was, back then it was a defensible position, at present it's not. And Sat has a very archaic view of women. I have two sisters one has always wanted kids and a family. The other wanted a career and never too be married. I see how drastic their personality and goal is, not all women cut out or even want to be mothers. Leave them be.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 26th, 2019, 4:48 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:

You will see that people will quicker attack hindus on child marriages, they see Hindus as weaker but will stay silent on Muslims.

Christans are most silent on Mary and Joseph when she was 13 years old.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » August 27th, 2019, 8:39 am

l33t2 wrote:You doing a great job. When you build up enough followers try to approach sponsors, also try to network amongst social media influencers etc.

But you both raise good points although I really don't think lifespan was ever averaging as low as 35 but it's still relevant. And secondly marrying for survival is and was fine but our societies structure has changed dramatically.

Lastly, ofc we don't follow a caste system here. It's also why Indians here look very different to many Indians from India. But to say ppl don't discriminate against skin colour here (both Indian and Blacks) is being ignorant. 9/10 of ten women will choose a fair skin guy over darker (all things being equal) because they don't want no dark skin children. I've heard dozens of women say that.

Anyway my earlier argument against child marriage, was, back then it was a defensible position, at present it's not. And Sat has a very archaic view of women. I have two sisters one has always wanted kids and a family. The other wanted a career and never too be married. I see how drastic their personality and goal is, not all women cut out or even want to be mothers. Leave them be.
Thanks man. I appreciate the support. I tried approaching some sponsors already but I they don't seem interested as yet. But I share you opinion. It may have made sense back in the day because the world was very different back then but it does not make sense today. It was sad that he said the consent of the woman was never considered back then.

zoom rader wrote:You will see that people will quicker attack hindus on child marriages, they see Hindus as weaker but will stay silent on Muslims.

Well I mean, Mary had Jesus out of immaculate conception and Joseph married her to prevent her from being ostracized. I don't know if they ever had sex. If anything, God was the perv in that story (not the first time)

I think with Islam Muhammed married his wife when she was 9 years old and waited until she was 12 to consummate the marriage. I asked a Muslim friend about it once and all he replied was that she was a very mature 12 year old. I'm hoping that someone else can give me a better answer one day, like how Sat explained the reasoning behind it back then.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 27th, 2019, 9:39 am

Slartibartfast wrote:
l33t2 wrote:You doing a great job. When you build up enough followers try to approach sponsors, also try to network amongst social media influencers etc.

Thanks man. I appreciate the support. I tried approaching some sponsors already but I they don't seem interested as yet. But I share you opinion. It may have made sense back in the day because the world was very different back then but it does not make sense today. It was sad that he said the consent of the woman was never considered back then.

zoom rader wrote:You will see that people will quicker attack hindus on child marriages, they see Hindus as weaker but will stay silent on Muslims.

Well I mean, Mary had Jesus out of immaculate conception and Joseph married her to prevent her from being ostracized. I don't know if they ever had sex. If anything, God was the perv in that story (not the first time)

I think with Islam Muhammed married his wife when she was 9 years old and waited until she was 12 to consummate the marriage. I asked a Muslim friend about it once and all he replied was that she was a very mature 12 year old. I'm hoping that someone else can give me a better answer one day, like how Sat explained the reasoning behind it back then.
Jesus had four brothers: James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas 

Me veiw is child marriages is outdated in a modern society. That era has long gone

People studying child marriages but look the other way of rampant incess in Tobago with teenage girls.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 20th, 2019, 7:17 am

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/uk-touri ... 35625f8153

Rape in Bago once again and all yuh only jumpin on Sat throat

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » October 1st, 2019, 10:41 am

look we boi SAT acting up again

https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/ ... ium=social

Christmas before Divali? Hindu leaders question TTT

STATE owned broadcaster TTT Limited is being criticised by some members of the Hindu community following the launch of the Sweetest 100 Days of Christmas over the weekend.

On Sunday, the company held the event at Southpark in San Fernando, to celebrate the countdown to Christmas.

Several local artistes performed. There was parang.

However, the Sanatan Dharma Maha Sabha’s (SDMS) secretary general Sat Maharaj said TTT Limited was insensitive to the population at large and while there are now more television and radio stations for coverage of events and other programmes, as a State-owed entity, it has failed.

Speaking to the Express via telephone on Monday, Maharaj expressed his concerns that TTT’s management was already engaged in Christmas celebrations while Divali is yet to be celebrated.

“TTT is a national television station paid for by all the people of Trinidad and Tobago. We find that they are very insensitive to the population at large. This is not a Carnival or Calypso country alone. You have other peoples living here, there are diverse groups of people living here and they must be aware and mindful that very soon we will be celebrating Divali.

We as Hindus, we are also taxpayers, we are paying for the station, and we demand that they respect us as they respect everyone else. They must be sensitive that coming up now is Divali and they should give us the same kind of coverage like everyone else,” he said.

Maharaj said that since the inception of TTT, as a member of the Hindu community, the SDMS has begged for Hindu and Indian related programmes to be aired on the national station.

However, he said this has changed over the years with newer stations and people using social media and other media platforms to spread their message.

Pundit Satyanand Maharaj also said he found it disrespectful to the Hindu community that such a launch was held by a State enterprise before Divali was celebrated.

He said that while there is no problem with Christmas and those who wish to participate, which also include the Hindu population, he was concerned that TTT only had “token programming” around the Divali period.

He said TTT’s management needed to acknowledge that Trinidad and Tobago is a plural society and more should be done to recognise all religious and cultural groups.

He said: “while we have no problem with 100 days before we celebrate Christmas, as we as Hindus do join in celebrating Christmas, it is strange that they would ignore Divali. Christmas is national (but) so too is Divali. Everyone looks forward to celebrating Divali except the management of TTT. We find that it is insulting, bias that they ignore the Hindu community except for token programming on and around Divali time. We have no problem with anyone celebrating Christmas,” he said.

But head of Swaha International, Pundit Hardeo Persad saw it differently.

“I see this as a non-issue. If they decide to do that then let them do that, it would not affect Divali whatsoever. They are a State enterprise and they could do what they want because it would not affect my Divali.

I don’t look at TTT. We have our own, IETV and I look at that. We use what technology we have to share our message and don’t have to rely on other media outlets known because we have our station that covers the things that are important to us,” he said.

The Express reached out to interim Chief Executive Officer of TTT Limited Lisa Wickham for comment regarding the concerns being made.

In a brief statement, Wickham said: “TTT Limited as a State Broadcaster remains committed to programming content that is reflective of our national diversity.”

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » October 1st, 2019, 10:50 am

lol it have some relllll idle ppl in this country while Petrotrin, human rights, the judiciary, the Treasury and the economy going down the toilet.

Ent 100 days before Christmas is a fixed calendar event despite whatever year it is? Diwali is a set of moon-crab-running-astrology-reading the patra-after feeding the dead ancestors- kind of date that varies every year. So if by chance Ramadan and Eid falls in the week before Christmas they should have a beat up too about it?

Yuh know who fault this is? Kamla. Big Hindu from Penal and she letting this happen.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » October 1st, 2019, 10:53 am

Must know elections are near

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » October 1st, 2019, 11:11 am

maj. tom wrote:lol it have some relllll idle ppl in this country while Petrotrin, human rights, the judiciary, the Treasury and the economy going down the toilet.

Ent 100 days before Christmas is a fixed calendar event despite whatever year it is? Diwali is a set of moon-crab-running-astrology-reading the patra-after feeding the dead ancestors- kind of date that varies every year. So if by chance Ramadan and Eid falls in the week before Christmas they should have a beat up too about it?

Yuh know who fault this is? Kamla. Big Hindu from Penal and she letting this happen.

that sounds illiterate & derogatory , i sure most ppl following whichever religion doesnt know how these dates are checked so if u dont know how they check it at least go google, d way u put it is rather insulting , expected better from u

since i know myself 100.1fm music genre never catered to hindu ppl specifically , this 100 days thing going on for yrs so complaining about it is like complaining about 103.1 never plays any buju banton or iron maiden , it simply is not in their genre of what they play

when november reaches [sometimes even b4] most radio stations plays christmas music , nobody beats up , all u have to do is tune in\off

SAT is right regarding d "new" TTT really doesnt do much airing indian culture , in spite of their claim of "live for local" instead of showing foreign documentaries on animals they cuda run some old episodes of indian variety & mastana bahar for d older gen of injuns who like that stuff ...

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby matr1x » October 1st, 2019, 12:11 pm

Always remember when catholic priests hold an event for 12 and under, they are just stating their tinder preferences

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » October 1st, 2019, 12:30 pm

But ent Sat have a whole radio AND tv station to push diwali?

How come his stations do not play christmas music?????

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » October 1st, 2019, 12:41 pm

bluefete wrote:But ent Sat have a whole radio AND tv station to push diwali?

State media vs private media. Taxpayers money propping up TTT.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » October 1st, 2019, 12:44 pm

maj.tom might actually more know than some hindus...sadly

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » October 1st, 2019, 1:34 pm

Probably for the same reason Issac Radio doesn't play bhajans or qasidas

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » October 1st, 2019, 1:49 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:

Probably for the same reason Issac Radio doesn't play bhajans or qasidas

Exactly!

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » October 1st, 2019, 2:14 pm

What Sat is saying is that Tax payers dollars is used to fund TTT and it must have an equal programming for all.

Sat radio and TV channels are all non tax payers funds, you cant expect his channels to show other faiths.

TTT is public money

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby matr1x » October 1st, 2019, 2:17 pm

The fact you had to explain this to bluefete shows that he not joke dotish

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 3rd, 2019, 6:50 pm

What's amazing is the people on here who will come and denounce Sat as a Hindu troll, looking to rile up people, and then proceed to get riled up. :lol: :lol:

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 3rd, 2019, 9:22 pm

so, the state agents start celebrating a christian observance 100 days before that observance. that is nearly quarter of the year. factor in corpus christi and easter, with the whole lenten period, u can calculate that to quarter of the year.

the state agency shifts its focus of the majority of its programing towards on specific religion for quarter of the year.
to be fair, most other tv stations do have islamic programing for the duration of ramadhan which is 1/12th of the year.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 10th, 2019, 7:02 pm

i seeing on tv SAT got a stroke & is in hospital ..... hope he gets well soon

non-likers of SAT : give d man ah ease , stroke is not a nice thing :|
Last edited by Rovin on November 10th, 2019, 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seeker
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Seeker » November 10th, 2019, 7:45 pm

If this is a true.....I hope he recovers.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 10th, 2019, 7:49 pm

^^^^ his son was speaking about it off-camera on tv so i suppose its true ...

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 10th, 2019, 7:51 pm

PNM ppl will throw venom as usual

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » November 10th, 2019, 8:15 pm

zoom rader wrote:PNM ppl will throw venom as usual

Why should they? Sickness is sickness. It can happen to anyone of us at anytime.

He is 89 years old and the prognosis is not good.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 10th, 2019, 8:28 pm

When zoom see the PNM crowd in the savannah today he might get a stroke too.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » November 10th, 2019, 8:31 pm

rspann wrote:When zoom see the PNM crowd in the savannah today he might get a stroke too.

That is why he is so quiet. Makes sense.

But UNC's was not bad either.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”