Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Re: Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

Postby Slartibartfast » January 31st, 2019, 6:41 pm

Rory Phoulorie wrote:
Soul Collector wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
randolphinshan wrote:Funny how all the billion dollar roadworks done by Kams has failed in so short a period of time. But who cares those fellas still have their luxury cars.

There is a word known as maintenance...pnm mites doh really know of it

Amen.

The failures of the UNC's roads should not have occurred after such a short time. Plain and simple, substandard materials and practices were employed from the onset. A prime example is Sisters Road which is in the former Minister of Works and Transport's own constituency. Within less than six months after "repaving" and "repairs", the entire road failed. The landslips are even worse now than before.

Contractors eat ah real nice food under the UNC, moreso than what is happening under the PNM where they only eating ah nice food. That does not make the PNM any better than the UNC. Like I said before, the PNM duncier than the UNC.

Anyway, after overhauling my suspension in the near future, I'll send Indarsingh my bill.

It's more than that Rory. I worked on some road paving programs back in 2015 and our main issue was the client giving a fixed design without any prior site investigation beyond visiting the road to confirm it needed to be paved over. The design was 2" ashpalt for previously paved roads and add 2" crusher run as a base course for roads that were never paved before.

We had issues of road failures before roads were even finished being paved. Not to mention some of the "preferred" contractors used to get away with using less than 1" of each. I remember there was a contractor that offered me money to pass a road that was in worse condition when he was done. The asphalt didnt make it all the way to the edge of the road, it was bumpy and it was already flaking off.

Sadly the civil engineers I worked with and I knew better and recorded everything but nothing was done beyond that... recording.

Nepotism is a serious issue in our construction industry because of the money involved. We have so much knowledge and talent down here that we literally don't know what to do with it (yup lots of my previous collegues are unemployed) but still the majority of decision makers have no idea of what the works require and pushing through too mich substandard crap so that they can line their pockets.

No surprise I left that company a few months later.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » January 31st, 2019, 8:08 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:. . .Sadly the civil engineers I worked with and I knew better and recorded everything but nothing was done beyond that... recording. . .

So why wasn't a letter written to the contractor rejecting the defective work? Put it in writing for everyone to see. Once that is done, don't certify the work for payment.

Pretty sure its one of those clients like CISL or PSAEL who allowed that. PURE is bad, but those two are even worse.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » January 31st, 2019, 9:08 pm

Rory Phoulorie wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:. . .Sadly the civil engineers I worked with and I knew better and recorded everything but nothing was done beyond that... recording. . .

So why wasn't a letter written to the contractor rejecting the defective work? Put it in writing for everyone to see. Once that is done, don't certify the work for payment.

Pretty sure its one of those clients like CISL or PSAEL who allowed that. PURE is bad, but those two are even worse.

I'm sure you know how the chain of command works. Letters were drafted, complaints were raised internally but we didn't have the power to send out official correspondence on behalf of the company. We didn't certify anything but that didn't stop it from being certified by someone above us.

Like I said. There was a lot wrong and the only power I had to keep my nose clean was to leave. BTW, I never accepted the money from that contractor but I convinced him to spend a little extra on his work and actually got him to do some of the best work I saw under that program... it was almost 6 month before potholes started showing back up.... yeah....

And well.... I could say it wasn't pure that we had problems with, but you sound like you know the situation.

fatboy slim
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby fatboy slim » March 24th, 2019, 9:48 am

Nasty motherkants on Scott street St. Augustine. CLEAN YOUR sheit UP :fist:

CLEAN YOUR SHIT UP.jpg

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » September 6th, 2019, 1:01 pm

idk nah, utt road brechin castle couva is like a obstacle course.....and when they fix it, the material sinking and squishing out like paydoh I tell yuh

(esperanza road from UTT point lisas campus to the Sugar heritage Village (brechin castle)

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 6th, 2019, 1:22 pm

aaron17 wrote:idk nah, utt road brechin castle couva is like a obstacle course.....and when they fix it, the material sinking and squishing out like paydoh I tell yuh

(esperanza road from UTT point lisas campus to the Sugar heritage Village (brechin castle)

That was a citizen fix, not government sanctioned. Price club was on a drive to fix potholes out of pocket, and they were using soft asphalt alone. I think the MOWT warned against it, because it makes repairs even more difficult.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 6th, 2019, 9:04 pm

Mowt giving advice but doing jack chit!!
VexXx Dogg wrote:
aaron17 wrote:idk nah, utt road brechin castle couva is like a obstacle course.....and when they fix it, the material sinking and squishing out like paydoh I tell yuh

That was a citizen fix, not government sanctioned. Price club was on a drive to fix potholes out of pocket, and they were using soft asphalt alone. I think the MOWT warned against it, because it makes repairs even more difficult.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » September 6th, 2019, 9:11 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:. . .and they were using soft asphalt alone. I think the MOWT warned against it, because it makes repairs even more difficult.

"Soft asphalt" as in oil sand?

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 6th, 2019, 9:15 pm

Rory Phoulorie wrote:
VexXx Dogg wrote:. . .and they were using soft asphalt alone. I think the MOWT warned against it, because it makes repairs even more difficult.

"Soft asphalt" as in oil sand?

Not sure if it's oil sand or what we used to call pitch.
It's soft in the hot sun and you can actually press it and it will move

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 6th, 2019, 11:04 pm

Vance River, Point Fortin

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » September 7th, 2019, 11:00 am

That is the Bollywood version of Over the Horizon i was hearing there?

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » September 7th, 2019, 6:10 pm

Bruhh..

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » January 25th, 2020, 4:56 pm

Bad road blamed for fatal crash
Seeta Persad

A driver was killed instantly after he swerved to avoid a pothole along the Manzanilla/Mayaro Road and collided head-on with a truck on Friday.

Police said Ian Henry, 60, of Second Caigual, Manzanilla was driving his car, north along the Manzanilla Road, around 8 pm when the accident took place.

A 35-year-old truck driver of Rio Claro is assisting police with their inquiries.

Cpl Singh is investigating.

https://newsday.co.tt/2020/01/25/bad-road-blamed-for-fatal-crash/

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » February 7th, 2020, 9:37 pm

You all agree on this link?(Why WASA digs up newly-paved roads)
https://newsday.co.tt/2020/02/06/why-wa ... ved-roads/

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » February 8th, 2020, 7:23 am

aaron17 wrote:You all agree on this link?(Why WASA digs up newly-paved roads)

Yes I agree.
Of course that means that other utility companies in other jurisdictions use magic and sorcery to avoid leakages on newly repaired lines :roll: :roll:

Steups.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » February 8th, 2020, 9:23 am

ehhh nobody ever complained about WASA digging up the road to repair. That is just a necessary fact of life.

But why de mc dey can't fix it like they find it? Why their road engineering department so retarded and can't fix back the thing how they find it !? Using proper engineering and equipment to meet the original road specs. OR why they can't contract out the roadworks to a company who know what they doing? Ent is the same blasted tax money to pay Sammy that we will have to use to pay WASA?

by the way.... allyuh ever see a WASA crew at work? Is like 10 men, and 7 sit down in the shade under the nearest tree literally skinning dey ass and scratching, while the foreman, a pipeman, and the digger man doing all the work in the hot sun. Oh and by the way, they reach late after you lodge the complaint for 2 years now and calling every week. The simplest job taking whole day to complete.

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » February 8th, 2020, 9:46 am

maj. tom wrote:ehhh nobody ever complained about WASA digging up the road to repair. That is just a necessary fact of life.

But why de mc dey can't fix it like they find it? Why their road engineering department so retarded and can't fix back the thing how they find it !? Using proper engineering and equipment to meet the original road specs. OR why they can't contract out the roadworks to a company who know what they doing? Ent is the same blasted tax money to pay Sammy that we will have to use to pay WASA?

by the way.... allyuh ever see a WASA crew at work? Is like 10 men, and 7 sit down in the shade under the nearest tree literally skinning dey ass and scratching, while the foreman, a pipeman, and the digger man doing all the work in the hot sun. Oh and by the way, they reach late after you lodge the complaint for 2 years now and calling every week. The simplest job taking whole day to complete.
Agreed. What is the reason for not repairing the road in a timely manner after the leak has been repaired?

As for the crew, what's the typical composition? A driver, a foreman, a.... ?

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » February 8th, 2020, 10:02 am

And about 15 others standing around
2ndchance wrote:
maj. tom wrote:ehhh nobody ever complained about WASA digging up the road to repair. That is just a necessary fact of life.

Agreed. What is the reason for not repairing the road in a timely manner after the leak has been repaired?

As for the crew, what's the typical composition? A driver, a foreman, a.... ?

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » February 8th, 2020, 10:29 am

That has to be the dumbest explaination I ever heard and a very poor excuse for WASAs incompetence....Lets say pipelines being installed too shallow has been the problem all these years, why has the installation design not been engineered to cater for it in their new pipelines?
aaron17 wrote:You all agree on this link?(Why WASA digs up newly-paved roads)

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » February 8th, 2020, 10:34 am

That piece of road pleasantville that they were working on hasn't been repaired since last year.... I now use a new route to get into sando because that road causes much more extra traffic

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » February 8th, 2020, 2:12 pm

So the money to fix properly those underground pipes are more money than a lifetime of digging up, repairing and paving ..etc?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » February 8th, 2020, 2:52 pm

aaron17 wrote:So the money to fix properly those underground pipes are more money than a lifetime of digging up, repairing and paving ..etc?

Public service logic ftl :roll:

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 2nd, 2020, 11:31 pm

Civil Engineering: How Do Potholes Work?

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » September 3rd, 2020, 3:45 am

Honestly, isn't there a free pitch lake somewhere here?

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » September 3rd, 2020, 6:07 am

i blame wasa for 95 % of all potholes or deplorable roads in trinidad. Very rare you see issues where the road fail over time.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 3rd, 2020, 6:54 am

go back to tasker road and run 90 profile tyres

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 3rd, 2020, 7:18 am

Wait another 5 years to get them half repaired.

Stupid country , stupid people

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » October 13th, 2020, 9:49 am

Potholes...with slight road

No road repair works started at Grants Road, Rousillac, on Monday as promised by the Ministry of Works and Transport.

This triggered a fiery protest by taxi drivers and residents who blocked eight locations along the roadway leading to Point Fortin.

Residents argued that they were being ignored and disrespected by Works and Transport Minister Rohan Sinanan.

The protest action began at around 4am as residents burnt tyres and debris on the roadway. At one point a huge pile of dirt was dumped in the middle of the roadway preventing vehicles from passing.

Local Government councillor for Mon Desir, Deryck Bowrin, said residents were not pleased that the government had reneged on its promise to begin road repairs on Monday.

“This protest was triggered by the ministry’s inability to keep its promise to begin road repairs this morning. The residents came out at 4am and blocked eight places in the area. We will not tolerate this neglect and disrespect anymore,” he said.

Bowrin insisted that the action was not politically driven but simply a cry for better roads.

“People commenting about UNC councillors starting protest but that is not the case. Everyone passing on this road is going to La Brea and Point Fortin or from La Brea and Point Fortin. So this not about UNC, but about Trinidad. If they come out again, I will be here with them,” he said.

Following protest action last week, Bowrin said, the ministry issued a press statement that a contract was awarded and repairs were to commence this week.

“Last Monday, a contractor came on site with material and equipment only to realise the scope of the work they had could not facility what was required here. It was a waste of time and effort. So the Minister of Works and Transport has constantly been treating the people of Grants Road, Delhi Road, Fyzabad with total neglect and we will not take this anymore,” he said.

Last week, the ministry issued a release stating that it noted with “great concern” the protest action undertaken by residents of Grants Road but warned that this type of protest action further compromised the integrity of the road infrastructure.

“This protest was triggered by the ministry’s inability to keep its promise to begin road repairs this morning. The residents came out at 4am and blocked eight places in the area. We will not tolerate this neglect and disrespect anymore,” he said.

Bowrin insisted that the action was not politically driven but simply a cry for better roads.

“People commenting about UNC councillors starting protest but that is not the case. Everyone passing on this road is going to La Brea and Point Fortin or from La Brea and Point Fortin. So this not about UNC, but about Trinidad. If they come out again, I will be here with them,” he said.

Following protest action last week, Bowrin said, the ministry issued a press statement that a contract was awarded and repairs were to commence this week.

“Last Monday, a contractor came on site with material and equipment only to realise the scope of the work they had could not facility what was required here. It was a waste of time and effort. So the Minister of Works and Transport has constantly been treating the people of Grants Road, Delhi Road, Fyzabad with total neglect and we will not take this anymore,” he said.

Last week, the ministry issued a release stating that it noted with “great concern” the protest action undertaken by residents of Grants Road but warned that this type of protest action further compromised the integrity of the road infrastructure.
https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/ ... 180eb.html

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » October 13th, 2020, 10:36 am

'this type of protest action further compromised the integrity of the road infrastructure'
They further mash up de mash up road?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 13th, 2020, 11:27 am

Smelling white oak....

Hmmm

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”